Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Global Campaign

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
290 replies to this topic

Brother-Sergeant Bohemond

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,810 posts
welcome to the BnC :) pleased to have you onboard fighting for the Emperor!

Possessed Marine

Possessed Marine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 889 posts
Alright, since I got tired of skipping back to page 4 to see who's signed up so far, here's the list again.

Imperial Space Marines

Grey Knight Purifier: Emperor's Champion Ramiel the Sunderer, commanding the Dornian Hunt Crusade of the Black Templars Chapter.
Deus Ex Ferrum: Iron Father Igneon Govannus, commanding Clan Company Shologar of the Iron Hands Chapter.
Marshal Sampson of Terra: Captain Sidus, commanding the 5th Company of the Flesh Tearers Chapter.
Brother-Sergeant Bohemond: Lord-Captain Altair Davros, commanding the 2nd Company of the Paladrean Knights Chapter.
Kassill: Wolf Lord Thorimir Kingslayer, commanding the 12th Great Company of the Space Wolves Chapter.
Chapter Master Ignis Domus: Wolf Lord Hrothgar Firefist, commanding the Company of the Firefist of the Space Wolves Chapter.
Brother Dresker: Captain Daker Velrath, commanding the 3rd Company of the King Eagles Chapter.
Marine Errant: Lieutenant Commander Anton Narvaez, commanding the 4th Company of the Marines Errant Chapter.
Marshall Keegan: Marshall Keegan Diomedes- 8th Outremer Crusade of the Black Templars
Kami: Jarl Argis Cairn-Breaker, commanding Argis Cairn-Breaker's Great Company of the Space Wolves Chapter.

Chaos Space Marines & Daemons

Possessed Marine: Dark Apostle Mordred The Black-Handed, commanding the 18th Host of the Word Bearers Legion.
The Colossus: Sorceror-Scholar Lord Memnon Heraclea the Red Son of the Corvidae, commanding the host of Memnon
-Max-: Jarl Bolverk, commanding the Iron Hounds Warband.
Piousservant: Lord Icarus the Changer, commanding the Cabal of the Burning Wings of the Thousand Sons Legion.
Noctus Cornix: Daemon Prince Dhar Aq-shyash, commanding the Ankou Pact of the Night Lords Legion.
Kraull the Rampager: Captain Garadon the Harrowing, commanding the 28th Company of the Night Lords Legion.
Vesper : Lord Serevor, commanding the 5th Company of the Night Lords Legion.
BearingTheWord- Dark Apostle Marduk, 34th Grand Host of the Word Bearers Legion
Witchhunter Kraine: Lord Arthashastra of Rahab Cell
DrDoom: Draxas the Unholy and the Eighth Grand Company of the Black Legion stand ready.

Ten even so far...

Edited by Possessed Marine, 19 May 2012 - 06:58 PM.

Possessed Marine

Possessed Marine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 889 posts
Also I'm liking the AoD idea to see who our warmaster will be

The Colossus

The Colossus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 641 posts
I possibly wasn't clear enough with my entry, whilst my warband is led by a thousand son, and certainly has squads of Thousand Sons, it also includes other warbands hired/manipulated into cooperation by Memnon (for the purposes of this campaign). Such as the Brazen Warriors (zealous god-worshiping, predominantly undivided Iron Warriors offshoot), The Blessed and the Damned (Possessed Tzeentchian Black Legionnaires) and a couple of squads of former loyalist renegades, from a variety of chapters.

I have background for each of my main characters-

Sorceror-Scholar Memnon Heraclea, the Red Son of the Corvidae- an extremely gifted Thousand Son, his skill has begun to rival Ahriman's himself. At least in Memnon's deluded imaginings in his crazed and tormented mind. His powers are in fact somewhat average, but his talent for self preservation surpasses all.

Warsmith-Apostle Drax- leader of the Brazen Claws, his size and bulk is such that his armour has been modified from a combination of power and terminator armour.

Buriaak N'Gasta- Tzeentch Daemon Prince, leads his warband of Possessed Marines.

Rargggh Money for the Change God...

Haha I'm definitely going to try to have narrative battle reports if I get time. I'm currently holed up in bed with a giant swollen, sprained ankle. Gah.

Edited by The Colossus, 19 May 2012 - 09:20 AM.

Index Traitoris: Brazen Warriors

QUOTE (Zynk Kaladin)
I think I would make an excellent servo skull, provided my head doesn't explode. 1st ever Adepta Sororitas locker room servo skull, giggity.

QUOTE (Possessed Marine)
like Emperor's Children... "They're on our side, right?" "No sir, they're actually traitors." "Really? With a name like that?"

We live on front porches and swing life away...

Pavement Artist

Pavement Artist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,258 posts

Alright, since I got tired of skipping back to page 4 to see who's signed up so far, here's the list again.

Imperial Space Marines

Grey Knight Purifier: Emperor's Champion Ramiel the Sunderer, commanding the Dornian Hunt Crusade of the Black Templars Chapter.
Deus Ex Ferrum: Iron Father Igneon Govannus, commanding Clan Company Shologar of the Iron Hands Chapter.
Marshal Sampson of Terra: Captain Sidus, commanding the 5th Company of the Flesh Tearers Chapter.
Brother-Sergeant Bohemond: Lord-Captain Altair Davros, commanding the 2nd Company of the Paladrean Knights Chapter.
Kassill: Wolf Lord Thorimir Kingslayer, commanding the 12th Great Company of the Space Wolves Chapter.
Chapter Master Ignis Domus: Wolf Lord Hrothgar Firefist, commanding the Company of the Firefist of the Space Wolves Chapter.
Brother Dresker: Captain Daker Velrath, commanding the 3rd Company of the King Eagles Chapter.
Marine Errant: Lieutenant Commander Anton Narvaez, commanding the 4th Company of the Marines Errant Chapter.
Marshall Keegan: Marshall Keegan Diomedes- 8th Outremer Crusade of the Black Templars

Chaos Space Marines & Daemons

Possessed Marine: Dark Apostle Mordred The Black-Handed, commanding the 18th Host of the Word Bearers Legion.
The Colossus: Sorceror-Scholar Lord Memnon Heraclea the Red Son of the Corvidae, commanding a warband of the Thousand Sons Legion.
-Max-: Jarl Bolverk, commanding the Iron Hounds Warband.
Piousservant: Lord Icarus the Changer, commanding the Cabal of the Burning Wings of the Thousand Sons Legion.
Noctus Cornix: Daemon Prince Dhar Aq-shyash, commanding the Ankou Pact of the Night Lords Legion.
Kraull the Rampager: Captain Garadon the Harrowing, commanding the 28th Company of the Night Lords Legion.
Vesper : Lord Serevor, commanding the 5th Company of the Night Lords Legion.
BearingTheWord- Dark Apostle Marduk, 34th Grand Host of the Word Bearers Legion

Nine Vs. Eight so far...

Should be even my man, I threw my hat in the ring for the alpha legion on the last page
If you breathe my name i can always hear
And I'll rush in where angels fear to tread
Don't make promises that you can't keep
Don't make enemies that you can't defeat

My Writings:

The Triptych (An Alpha Legion story): http://www.bolterand...howtopic=239214

Vesper

Vesper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,549 posts
Do think you have to introduce your lord and his army to be in.

vesper.png Lord Silas, Knight of Thorns, Lord of the Lions of the Despoiler.

Possessed Marine

Possessed Marine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 889 posts
Whoops... sorry I missed you. So it's lord arthashastra of the Alpha Legion?

Pavement Artist

Pavement Artist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,258 posts
Lord arthashastra of rahab cell.
If you breathe my name i can always hear
And I'll rush in where angels fear to tread
Don't make promises that you can't keep
Don't make enemies that you can't defeat

My Writings:

The Triptych (An Alpha Legion story): http://www.bolterand...howtopic=239214

Possessed Marine

Possessed Marine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 889 posts
Right, got it.

@The Colossus - okay, so what is your warband's name?

Kassill

Kassill

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,032 posts

Hi All!

This is BtW's son...

I would like to participate. I'll be playing my Black Templars if that's ok with all of you. Look forward to having some fun.

Thanks!!

Welcome sir!

Maybe your Templars can put a whoopin' on your old man's Word Bearers! :D :P
Lo, there do I see my fallen kinsmen, Threads cut by the foe I now seek. In bloody battle I will engage him, And carve my vengeance from his flesh. No ale shall pass my lips, At no feast will I indulge. No foe shall stay my wrath, Until my brothers are avenged. Ever shall I hunt my quarry, Across the Sea of Stars. Whilst I yet breathe, I will not falter, Until Morkai claims his due.--Bjorn's Oath of the Lone Wolf

The Colossus

The Colossus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 641 posts

Right, got it.

@The Colossus - okay, so what is your warband's name?

Errrrr, the Host of Memnon. In universe, they've not given themselves a name, as Memnon feels that his name alone should strike fear into the Imperium. However, a very junior adept entered this as more of a descriptive term, but the moniker stuck. The individual leaders don't really acknowledge this title, but its their name from an Imperial point of view.

(I've just been watching Star Wars OT, and as I was writing "Imperial" I was thinking of Stormtrooper legions...)

QUOTE (Zynk Kaladin)
I think I would make an excellent servo skull, provided my head doesn't explode. 1st ever Adepta Sororitas locker room servo skull, giggity.

QUOTE (Possessed Marine)
like Emperor's Children... "They're on our side, right?" "No sir, they're actually traitors." "Really? With a name like that?"

Kami

Kami

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 56 posts
I would like to participate on the Imperium's side.

Kami: Jarl Argis Cairn-Breaker, commanding Argis Cairn-Breaker's Great Company of the Space Wolves Chapter.

My opponents will field Dark Eldar, Imperial Guard, Tyranids, Eldar, Orks, Tau.

Brother Dresker

Brother Dresker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20 posts
And the thunderheads of war gather....

Grey Knight Purifier

Grey Knight Purifier

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 569 posts
Excellent.

SO.

Final Ruleset stands at:

5% per victory, one report per week, per person. Three zones of control on five planets. Once each zone gets to 100%, it is locked in. If a planet is totally controlled, it is also locked. Only victories count.

Is this correct and right by everyone?
For Sigismund! For Dorn! For The Emperor!

The Apokrypha Crusade, My Black Templar Crusade

Possessed Marine

Possessed Marine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 889 posts
So, The question is... when do we start?

Okay, I lied... second question, do we open sign ups?

Grey Knight Purifier

Grey Knight Purifier

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 569 posts
Give me a few minutes to get a final rules set together, and edit the first post, and I'll change the header.

Possessed Marine

Possessed Marine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 889 posts
hang on one possible glitch... as per Kol_Saresk...

But the official mechanic is each player posts once a week, each post is worth 5% and 100% will lock down a zone and when all three zones are locked down, the planet is locked. To me, it doesn't jive that will. Especially since the subtitle says "Like the Eye of Terror". From what I've read of the game mechanics, a planet was fought over until the game ended. Here, Twenty players can get together, and put all of their victories towards one zone and keep doing so until someone gets a lightbulb and tries to stop them. The problem is, if all twenty post first before the other player can, too late planet locked, one less warzone.

EDIT: so what do you say... maybe limit 5 victories per zone per week to give other side a chance to figure out what they want to do?

Edited by Possessed Marine, 19 May 2012 - 06:55 PM.

Kol Saresk

Kol Saresk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,014 posts
For maximum exposure on sign ups, might I suggest posting a topic leading back to this one on every subforum?

Nostraman_zpsf4be09e4.pnggallery_29004_9303_9178.pnggallery_29004_9303_5366.pngfriday-award.png

DrDoom

DrDoom

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 51 posts
I'd like to jump on.

Draxas the Unholy and the Eighth Grand Company of the Black Legion stand ready.

Grey Knight Purifier

Grey Knight Purifier

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 569 posts
@Possessed Marine.
Good point. I'm going to say that "if an area is locked, than an assualt may be launched against it. 10% percent against it will unlock it for percentage points again."

@Kol_Saresk.
That was the plan yes.

Kol Saresk

Kol Saresk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,014 posts
Okay, didn't know.

Nostraman_zpsf4be09e4.pnggallery_29004_9303_9178.pnggallery_29004_9303_5366.pngfriday-award.png

Possessed Marine

Possessed Marine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 889 posts

@Possessed Marine.
Good point. I'm going to say that "if an area is locked, than an assualt may be launched against it. 10% percent against it will unlock it for percentage points again."

Sounds like a good compromise. Hell I'd even go so far as to say that they would have to be Planetstrike games... but I know not everyone has it, so it wouldn't be fair to make that a requirement. But if I personally was going to try to breakthrough in a warzone, I'd use 'em.

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,810 posts

Excellent.

SO.

Final Ruleset stands at:

5% per victory, one report per week, per person. Three zones of control on five planets. Once each zone gets to 100%, it is locked in. If a planet is totally controlled, it is also locked. Only victories count.

Is this correct and right by everyone?

I would like to be able to unlock worlds and sectors again with a push. ie: need to regain 10% control on the sector before it counts (so, place 2 victories to regain a foothold, then you start gaining % in your favour again) otherwise it could just be a landslide on week one for 2 sectors and that would get rather boring and/or frustrating. especially if all worlds are completely split and is impossible to take control of a single world.

The Colossus

The Colossus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 641 posts
Sounds pretty good to me :tu:

QUOTE (Zynk Kaladin)

QUOTE (Possessed Marine)

Bearingtheword

Bearingtheword

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 935 posts
Sounds great to me.....Can't wait to get started...

Might I suggest that once you get all the background together along with the rules set in stone that you send it via message to all the players' "in-boxes" to be sure we all have an easily accessible place to review and/or print out the info....

And how long do you want to have for sign-ups? Perhaps between now and June 1? Then start the campaign that weekend? Or do you have something else in mind as far as these go? Anyhow, not wanting to step on toes, just very excited!!

~BtW

"that they might turn their gaze our way and gift us with the boon of pain, to turn the galaxy red with blood, and feed the hunger of the gods." ~excerpt from the three hundred and forty-first Book of the Epistles of Lorgar
"We're all Mad here......"
My Word Bearers XXXIVth Host Gallery
My Space Wolves Bran Redmaw's Company Gallery
 gallery_62728_7628_41291.jpggallery_62728_7628_34142.jpggallery_62728_7628_2660.png