Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Global Campaign

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
290 replies to this topic

Kassill

Kassill

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,019 posts
Yes, this is going to be exciting. :P
Lo, there do I see my fallen kinsmen, Threads cut by the foe I now seek. In bloody battle I will engage him, And carve my vengeance from his flesh. No ale shall pass my lips, At no feast will I indulge. No foe shall stay my wrath, Until my brothers are avenged. Ever shall I hunt my quarry, Across the Sea of Stars. Whilst I yet breathe, I will not falter, Until Morkai claims his due.--Bjorn's Oath of the Lone Wolf

Grey Knight Purifier

Grey Knight Purifier

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 569 posts
Alright. All of you should have recieved a PM, with the final ruleset, as well as the fluff we have to date. Give it a read, and let me know if anything needs changed. I'm pretty sure I got every body, but if not, just send me a PM.
For Sigismund! For Dorn! For The Emperor!

The Apokrypha Crusade, My Black Templar Crusade

Kraull the Rampager

Kraull the Rampager

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 98 posts
I do like it very much, I just don't understand why we need all the background. As much as I do enjoy it.^.^

Also. Do we get the chance to flay these heroes of the Imperium? I would very much like to have a dig at their Admiral...especially after Scound's fall.

Possessed Marine

Possessed Marine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 889 posts
Just a friendly reminder, when signing up to participate, it should be in this format

Your name(chaos or loyalist): Leader's name, Unit nomenclature, warband

For example here's mine:

Possessed Marine: Dark Apostle Mordred the Black-Handed, In command of the 18th Host, Word Bearers Legion

the chaos or loyalist part is in case it isn't blatantly apparent where it goes... kinda like Emperor's Children... "They're on our side, right?" "No sir, they're actually traitors." "Really? With a name like that?"

Edited by Possessed Marine, 20 May 2012 - 07:45 AM.

Marine Errant

Marine Errant

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 196 posts
Looks good to me. Since we haven't actually started yet I will ignore my game against the dark eldar (shame as it was a massacre to the Marines Errant ;) ).

Thought for the Day - Walk softly and carry a big multi-melta...........

Chaeron

Chaeron

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,284 posts
Certainly sounds good to me!

gallery_48988_15465_14148.png?w=330bcboxingdaycomplete.pngl_t_3_2017_badge_06_magos.jpg?w=100etl_2016_badge_09_badge_of_the_martyr.jpetl_2018_medal_01_custos_fidei_05.gif?w=etl_2016_medal_01_custos_fidei05.gif?w=3call_of_chaos_9_medal_01f.gif?w=33gallery_29004_10383_2014.png?w=33sml_gallery_29004_10691_4416.png?w=33gallery_29004_9903_10777.png?w=33gallery_29004_10383_9506.png?w=33gallery_29004_6198_5690.png?w=33img_ch00_08awards_07_coc_2013.gif?w=33img_ch00_08awards_06_etl_2013e.gif?w=33

The Colossus

The Colossus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 641 posts

the chaos or loyalist part is in case it isn't blatantly apparent where it goes... kinda like Emperor's Children... "They're on our side, right?" "No sir, they're actually traitors." "Really? With a name like that?"

Haha this made me giggle. So us guys who have already signed up, are we re-signing up?
Index Traitoris: Brazen Warriors

QUOTE (Zynk Kaladin)
I think I would make an excellent servo skull, provided my head doesn't explode. 1st ever Adepta Sororitas locker room servo skull, giggity.

QUOTE (Possessed Marine)
like Emperor's Children... "They're on our side, right?" "No sir, they're actually traitors." "Really? With a name like that?"

We live on front porches and swing life away...

Possessed Marine

Possessed Marine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 889 posts

Haha this made me giggle. So us guys who have already signed up, are we re-signing up?

Nope... already have the list here. That would be for the new arrivals.

By the way... here's the list so far

Imperial Space Marines

Grey Knight Purifier: Emperor's Champion Ramiel the Sunderer, commanding the Dornian Hunt Crusade of the Black Templars Chapter.
Deus Ex Ferrum: Iron Father Igneon Govannus, commanding Clan Company Shologar of the Iron Hands Chapter.
Marshal Sampson of Terra: Captain Sidus, commanding the 5th Company of the Flesh Tearers Chapter.
Brother-Sergeant Bohemond: Lord-Captain Altair Davros, commanding the 2nd Company of the Paladrean Knights Chapter.
Kassill: Wolf Lord Thorimir Kingslayer, commanding the 12th Great Company of the Space Wolves Chapter.
Chapter Master Ignis Domus: Wolf Lord Hrothgar Firefist, commanding the Company of the Firefist of the Space Wolves Chapter.
Brother Dresker: Captain Daker Velrath, commanding the 3rd Company of the King Eagles Chapter.
Marine Errant: Lieutenant Commander Anton Narvaez, commanding the 4th Company of the Marines Errant Chapter.
Marshall Keegan: Marshall Keegan Diomedes- 8th Outremer Crusade of the Black Templars
Kami: Jarl Argis Cairn-Breaker, commanding Argis Cairn-Breaker's Great Company of the Space Wolves Chapter.
Maj Tom:Commandant Kodai Nazar, 1st Expedition, Tempest Guard Chapter.

Chaos Space Marines & Daemons

Possessed Marine: Dark Apostle Mordred The Black-Handed, commanding the 18th Host of the Word Bearers Legion.
The Colossus: Sorceror-Scholar Lord Memnon Heraclea the Red Son of the Corvidae, commanding the host of Memnon
-Max-: Jarl Bolverk, commanding the Iron Hounds Warband.
Piousservant: Lord Icarus the Changer, commanding the Cabal of the Burning Wings of the Thousand Sons Legion.
Noctus Cornix: Daemon Prince Dhar Aq-shyash, commanding the Ankou Pact of the Night Lords Legion.
Kraull the Rampager: Captain Garadon the Harrowing, commanding the 28th Company of the Night Lords Legion.
Vesper : Lord Serevor, commanding the 5th Company of the Night Lords Legion.
BearingTheWord- Dark Apostle Marduk, 34th Grand Host of the Word Bearers Legion
Witchhunter Kraine: Lord Arthashastra of Rahab Cell
DrDoom: Draxas the Unholy and the Eighth Grand Company of the Black Legion stand ready.

We should be getting some fresh blood soon, as I've posted invites in all the chaos subforums

Edited by Possessed Marine, 21 May 2012 - 03:36 PM.

The Colossus

The Colossus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 641 posts
Sweet as a nut. :) I freaking love campaigns.
Index Traitoris: Brazen Warriors

QUOTE (Zynk Kaladin)
I think I would make an excellent servo skull, provided my head doesn't explode. 1st ever Adepta Sororitas locker room servo skull, giggity.

QUOTE (Possessed Marine)
like Emperor's Children... "They're on our side, right?" "No sir, they're actually traitors." "Really? With a name like that?"

We live on front porches and swing life away...

Vesper

Vesper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,549 posts
So, when do we start ?

vesper.png Lord Silas, Knight of Thorns, Lord of the Lions of the Despoiler.

Kraull the Rampager

Kraull the Rampager

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 98 posts
I think both sides should co-ordinate how we communicate with each other first. As well as deciding who leads?

Vesper

Vesper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,549 posts
Fair point. Maybe it would be cool to have private places for factions to discuss their next move.

Kol Saresk

Kol Saresk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,014 posts
Skype, facebook(instant messaging now lets multiple people chat at the same time), the relic that is myspace and I'm sure there are a few others that each faction could talk over without the other faction being able to look in.

Nostraman_zpsf4be09e4.pnggallery_29004_9303_9178.pnggallery_29004_9303_5366.pngfriday-award.png

Kassill

Kassill

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,019 posts
Well I for one think Deus Ex Ferrum should be elected Magister Millitum of the Imperial Forces. He has already shown his natural ability to lead, and I think he would do well leading us to victory.

That's if he is up for it. :)
Lo, there do I see my fallen kinsmen, Threads cut by the foe I now seek. In bloody battle I will engage him, And carve my vengeance from his flesh. No ale shall pass my lips, At no feast will I indulge. No foe shall stay my wrath, Until my brothers are avenged. Ever shall I hunt my quarry, Across the Sea of Stars. Whilst I yet breathe, I will not falter, Until Morkai claims his due.--Bjorn's Oath of the Lone Wolf

Iron Father Ferrum

Iron Father Ferrum

++ INTERFECTOR PRODITORES ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,424 posts
I accept your nomination. Ave Omnissiah.
Posted Image

+Corruption of Purpose: Heretic Astartes+
+The Blade Unsheathed: Asuryani+

+AO+ Currently seeking a PhotoShopper to make me a Chaos banner for this signature. +OA+

Kraull the Rampager

Kraull the Rampager

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 98 posts
We, the warriors of truth, blessed by the denizens of the warp, and cursed by the Imperium we built, have way too much pride to just give ourselves over without question.

Their unquestionable obedience will be their downfall brothers. Especially when their vox signals are blocked with the screams of their dying brothers.

Chapter Master Ignis Domus

Chapter Master Ignis Domus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,766 posts
Alright, I'm back from my weekend vacation. The rules seem pretty good to me, and all my info is correct for the sign up.
Signature not compliant with forum rules
Hidden Content

Vor

Vor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 899 posts

Skype, facebook(instant messaging now lets multiple people chat at the same time), the relic that is myspace and I'm sure there are a few others that each faction could talk over without the other faction being able to look in.

Setting up a free forum, with loyalist and chaos sections, and appropirate acccess levels, would be far easier than a load of people across the world trying to communicate real time. Also easier to review past discussions.

Edited by Vor, 20 May 2012 - 05:48 PM.

Ultramarines Second Company - The Guardians of the Temple

gallery_26_548_4543.gif
Grand Master Vorian of the Grey Knights -

Kol Saresk

Kol Saresk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,014 posts
Just making suggestions of real-time communication that has worked with other people in the past and does save all messages for personal review based on my past experience. Ultimately I am not Grey Knight sonultimately it is not my choice. It is his.

Nostraman_zpsf4be09e4.pnggallery_29004_9303_9178.pnggallery_29004_9303_5366.pngfriday-award.png

Possessed Marine

Possessed Marine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 889 posts
Okay, here is the final ruleset from a PM by way of GKP:

1. Only Power Armored Armies are playable.
2. You must declare which planet and area your battle report will score for. Victories are worth 5% control.
3. The scenario is Loyalists vs. Chaos.
4. Only victories count, and losses do not count against you.
5. At the end of the contest, the winning side, be it Loyalist or Chaos, communally writes a piece of fluff detailing your victory.
6. There are five worlds to add your score to. Each world has three areas you can add your victory too. Areas start at 50/50 control.
7. If an area is locked, then the opposing side may continue to post victories to it. 10% unlocks it for victories to begin counting again.
To sign up, post the side you will be joining, and the name of your forces commander. Do it in this format.
Loyalist/Chaos: Generic Commander Name, of the Generic Unit Name, of the Generic Chapter/Warband.
Once you have signed up, any game you play, within the once per week total will score for your team.
Signups conclude at the end of the month, and after they are closed, we will elect a Warmaster of Chaos, and a Magister Millitum of the Imperium. These will be the coordinators, who decide where to place your victories. How they are chosen is up to you, but they must be chosen, and ready to start by June tenth.

And there's the answer for signup & start dates

Vesper

Vesper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,549 posts
3 things :
- How long will it last ?
- Thanks to gavdex, there is really few Chaos players. Both team should be even in their number.
- Imperium vs Chaos is too classic. Just go Everyone vs White Scars.

Edited by Vesper, 21 May 2012 - 12:08 AM.

Brother-Sergeant Bohemond

Brother-Sergeant Bohemond

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,810 posts
unsure on how long it will last

yes, will be even as far as we can make it.

of course, classic is best ;)

Maj Tom

Maj Tom

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 117 posts
Loyalist: Commandant Kodai Nazar, 1st Expedition, Tempest Guard Chapter.

Also question. If I play against a friend who has traitor guard, or the like that still counts? I don't have to strictly play against CSM and Daemons? I can play other chaos/traitor afiliated armies?

Edited by Maj Tom, 21 May 2012 - 01:15 AM.

http://www.bolterand...l=tempest guard
Tempest Guard, my first attempt at an IA

"The first axiom of defense is to know what you are defending against" -Rogal Dorn

"Their defenses are broken! Let the slaughter begin!" -Megatron

Hey I just met you, and you're a Xeno... so here's my bolter, I'll purge you today.

Grey Knight Purifier

Grey Knight Purifier

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 569 posts
No. Any victory, be it against Xeno's, Traitors, or even other Loyalists counts as a win.

As for member communication, I was just planning on doing everything over PM. I hadn't really thought about any other way. However, we have gotten an offer, and Vor is possibly setting up message boards for us.

I also throw my Loyalist vote to Deus Ex Ferrum. I've done my part in getting the thing set up, and I'll be happy to see it in the hands of an able Commander.

I'll edit the first post now, with all the rules and background.

Edited by Grey Knight Purifier, 21 May 2012 - 01:02 AM.

For Sigismund! For Dorn! For The Emperor!

The Apokrypha Crusade, My Black Templar Crusade

Kassill

Kassill

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,019 posts

No. Any victory, be it against Xeno's, Traitors, or even other Loyalists counts as a win.

As for member communication, I was just planning on doing everything over PM. I hadn't really thought about any other way. However, we have gotten an offer, and Vor is possibly setting up message boards for us.

I also throw my Loyalist vote to Deus Ex Ferrum. I've done my part in getting the thing set up, and I'll be happy to see it in the hands of an able Commander.

I'll edit the first post now, with all the rules and background.

Much thanks for getting the ball rolling man! This is just the thing I needed (plus the DA painting challenge) to keep me both focused and motivated. ;)