Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Iron Warriors 11th Seige Company

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
45 replies to this topic

sword brethren

sword brethren

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,999 posts
Hello.

i have decided to reform my Iron warriors army and thought i would share some ideas and plans for the summer so i can bring a well made competitive Iron Warriors army back to University afterwards.

So! to the Characters.

Grand Warsmith Ferrox Kreige

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Grand Warsmith Ferrox Kreige has a fearsome reputation, a Terran born who changed his Terran name to Ferrox Kreige, an Olympian name. Kreige (a sergeant at the time of Perturabo's discovery) quickly rose in the ranks of the Iron Warriors immpressing his father with his steely determination and disregard of those who might hold him back. Kreige became Warsmith in the place of the failiure Warsmith Krendl and led his forces at the seige of Terra and has since banned religious dedication to chaos gods in favour of fighting for the destruction of mankinds shambling empire.

Since the failure of Horus' rebellion, Kreige has led a small sized force of Iron Warriors against citadels of all races contemplating what possible challenges could beat him after bringing the Emperor's own walls down. Kreige's exploits in carrying the Legions traditional style of warfare to great sucess and swelling of Legionnaires under his command has caused the Primarch to once again be interested in Kreige's abillities. Peturabo has sent one of his most logical and successful commanders to bring Kreige back under the Primarch's gaze, an act that appears to have been unusually well received by Kreige.

Iron Champion Flussigkeit

Posted Image

Jared Flussigkeit has been second in command to Kreige for the past century, a century that has driven Flussigkeit to a bizarre unknown diety. The Iron Champion as he is known to the legionaires 11th company has struck a deal with an ancient unknown god for power and to become ultimate embodiment of his legion to impress his Primarch and gain control of the company. This deal left Flussigkeit more of an Iron Warrior that he could ever have been...

Flussigkeit literally became an Iron Warrior, An Astartes made of an unknown liquid metal contained within power armour. He found to his delight that his power increased dramatically and that his could send gouts of molten metal from his hands. Rumour in the company is that a deal was struck with a Necrontyr lord and that his presence is no longer of human origin. Recognising Flussigkeit's new power Kreige awarded Flussigkeit with an ancient weapon from mankinds infancy in the void, a staff with a blade of roaring plasma flame. whether this gift was given in respect or fear is left unanswered.

Ganimach, The Device, Commander of Perturabo's Assault Forces and envoy of alligience to Ferrox Kreige

Posted Image

Greyall has kindly allowed me to use this character in my army and it is this peice of art that inspired me to re-make my Iron Warriors, his thread of artwork can be found on the following link allow with Fluff for this character.

http://www.bolterand...p...0161&st=150

Ganimach has been almost completely accepted by Kreige (but not by many legionaires under his command) after the 'untimely death' of 11th companys assault captain, Ganimach has assumed control of close quarters assault forces in the 11th after orders from Peturabo to bring Kreige back under control and back into the other forces directly commanded by the Primarch.

It remains to be seen whether Ganimach is present to take the 11th by force or whether he has convinced Kreige to return to the Peturabo for orders.

that is the fluffy part of the post for now, each squad champion with have his own backstory once i have made them.

C&C is welcomed for the development of my characters or any advice would be appreciated.

thanks

SB

Edited by sword brethren, 10 September 2012 - 11:40 AM.

Iron Warriors 11th Siege Company- http://www.bolterand...howtopic=236656

Kassill

Kassill

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,017 posts
This is going to be good! :)
Lo, there do I see my fallen kinsmen, Threads cut by the foe I now seek. In bloody battle I will engage him, And carve my vengeance from his flesh. No ale shall pass my lips, At no feast will I indulge. No foe shall stay my wrath, Until my brothers are avenged. Ever shall I hunt my quarry, Across the Sea of Stars. Whilst I yet breathe, I will not falter, Until Morkai claims his due.--Bjorn's Oath of the Lone Wolf

sword brethren

sword brethren

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,999 posts
Why thank you Kassill, i hope this next post is up to your expectations :(

i have been working on Flussigkeit for the past day/2 days and this is what i have so far.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

the torso is near completion but the legs are still very much in progress, as i type im mixing greenstuff (mixing it better this time) for the Plasma sword/lance/forceweapon thing.

hope you like what you see, feel free to give advice and C&C

thanks

SB

Raven Angel

Raven Angel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,977 posts
Looks good, can't wait to see more.
1. As a Wargamer I am not owned by one company alone.
2. As a Wargamer I am loyal to excellence in rules sets that encourage balance and fair play. (either in tournaments or in casual play)
3. As a Wargamer I am loyal to Excellence in miniature manufacturing.
4. As a Wargamer I am loyal to companies that are fair in pricing.
5. As a Wargamer I am loyal to companies that are accessible and provide me with timely information.
6. As a Wargamer I am loyal to companies that value me as a customer, not as a commodity.
7. In return these companies will receive my financial support.

shiningstorm101

shiningstorm101

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 90 posts
Coming along very nicely.

looking forward to you doing some of Greyall's art, looks like a challenge!
ALL NEW CILLIT BANG!!! NOW FRAGRENCED WITH EXTERMINATUS!!!!

cathar the great

cathar the great

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,511 posts
You do know that Flussigkeit means nothing but "a liquid". I know it works with the fluff you have but anyone who knows a little german will find it more funny than anything else.

Great conversions as always, though. I'm really looking forward to what you come up with for Greyall's artwork.

sword brethren

sword brethren

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,999 posts
thanks guys, i cant wait to get stuff done on Grayall's art as well, im sculpting 'The Device' now, pics shoul dbe around in the morning.

@cather the great - yeah i did that on purpose just to see if people noticed, im not set on the name, it was just something to write.

Lachdannan

Lachdannan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,054 posts
Looks like he is coming along very well. Really like the bionic leg you have for him.

Plus that name is awesome. Made even more awesome now that the meaning is out. Please keep it :blink:

sword brethren

sword brethren

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,999 posts

Looks like he is coming along very well. Really like the bionic leg you have for him.

Plus that name is awesome. Made even more awesome now that the meaning is out. Please keep it :D

Thanks, im quite proud of the leg considering i only have a blunt knife, dented clippers and my girlfriends ruined nail file as tools.

i have made progress on the Obliteraptor!

Posted Image
Posted Image

still very much in progress but im quite pleased with it so far, let me know what you think!

SB

sword brethren

sword brethren

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,999 posts
More progress

Put together more of Flussigkeit

Posted Image

This is the Plasma CCweapon i made, any advise onthis would be great as i'm still not sure about it.

Posted Image

and Ganimach has had more work done, im waiting for bits in the post before i can do much more

Posted Image
Posted Image

thanks for looking!

SB

hushrong

hushrong

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,117 posts
Great stuff! Looking forward to seeing more of the obliterator.

Black Legion: The Fire Rises

Dornian Heresy: Iron Hands Raiders

Alpha Legion: The Heads of the Hydra Strike

Emperor's Children: Cult of Golden Tears

Kassill

Kassill

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,017 posts
There something off about Flussigkeit leg pose. Almost like he's about to take a squatting position. Maybe if I could see some more pics from different angles, might be an illusion of sorts.

Ganimach is going to look awesome! Can't wait to see him finished! :)
Lo, there do I see my fallen kinsmen, Threads cut by the foe I now seek. In bloody battle I will engage him, And carve my vengeance from his flesh. No ale shall pass my lips, At no feast will I indulge. No foe shall stay my wrath, Until my brothers are avenged. Ever shall I hunt my quarry, Across the Sea of Stars. Whilst I yet breathe, I will not falter, Until Morkai claims his due.--Bjorn's Oath of the Lone Wolf

sword brethren

sword brethren

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,999 posts
Right!

i am back on the southcoast and back with all my bits and tools!

this is how stuff is going.

Flussigkeit is near enough complete

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Ganimach has made alot of progress, i am waiting on parts for the jump pack.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Also this is the progress for the "plague Champion" (seige breaker shield marines)

Posted Image

and the plasma gun one will wield

Posted Image

let me know what you think guys, hopefully ill have more up soon when forgeworld delivers.

SB

Gawain Veteris

Gawain Veteris

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 279 posts
Loving the art style raptor.

May I ask what wire you used for the pipes on the armour?
Signature not compliant with B&C forum rules
[center][url=http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/262448-heresy-era-armour-tutorials-invictarii-helmets/][img=http://image.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_12746/gallery_42599_12746_13589.jpg][/url][/center]
[center] [/center]
[center][url=https://www.facebook.com/HC.Miniatures/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel][img=http://image.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_12746/gallery_42599_12746_19327.jpg][/url][/center]

sword brethren

sword brethren

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,999 posts

Loving the art style raptor.

May I ask what wire you used for the pipes on the armour?

thanks

its guitar wire but im not really (a very good) musician, i found it on bitsandkits.com its ne of the packs they do ion there.

SB

Terminatorinhell

Terminatorinhell

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,370 posts
Flusgeit is freaking awesome! Seriously your modelling skills are off the chain right now! Only thing I would make different is make the chain blades on the obliteraptors arms a mm or two longer.

gallery_24779_1036_30733.jpg

The Emperor's Champion:
"Never forget, getting tackled by a charging Marine is a LOT like getting hit with a VW Beetle at 30+mph. A VW that hates you and everything you stand for..."

With a lonely whisper you hear him say, on this night you will die this way...

sword brethren

sword brethren

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,999 posts
thanks Terminatorinhell

i see what you mean about the claws, i didn't want to make them look really long because the autocannon arm is already huge.

i have an update, my first 'plague marine', a champion with a powerfist and combiflamer.

Posted Image
Posted Image

i don't know whether i should make the whole squad using the doghouse gothic marine method or just to two champions, what do you guys think?

i also have an update on the Oblitoraptor (mostly his retinue)

he is now mounted on his base ready for me to mount the jump pack and have a third try at his face.

Posted Image

his retinue are being made, being in close quarters with someone with the Oblit Virus makes it very likely to spread...

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

so i thought i would model these guys just in the starting phases of the Oblit virus.

i also took a shot of my "best bitz" box, when i put all the cool looking bitz i am likely to use.

Posted Image

and after week home this is what i have done to my desk...

Posted Image

anyway, let me know what you think of the stuff and opinions on how i am doing to plague marine squad would be great

thanks

SB

eetdestroyer

eetdestroyer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 135 posts
Very nice work dude \m/
Rock'n'Roll Jesus - Son of Sanguinius

Kizzdougs

Kizzdougs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,099 posts
Awesome! I'd been hopping your Iron Warriors would make a come back. The new minis are looking great. The guitar wire is particularly good.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Hopefully we'll get a new codex soon and your army will grow even more ;)

Check out the E Tenebrae Lux challenge if you haven't already. These guys would be perfect for it.

Edited by kizzdougs, 31 May 2012 - 12:53 PM.

The Sekhmet plus Emperor's Children and general 30k | Word Bearers plus general 40k | Instagram: @raptorimperialis

ETL_VI_Badge_Artisan_Master.jpg ETL_2014_Badge_V2_11_Honour.jpg ETL_Medal_06.gif Img_CH00_08Awards_03_ETL_2012A.gif Img_CH00_08Awards_06_ETL_2013A.gif gallery_29004_6198_3130.png sml_gallery_29004_10691_4416.png ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei03.gif ETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_04.gif

gallery_11038_675_366.png

Brother Nihm

Brother Nihm

++ INTEMPESTA NOX ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 11,858 posts
It still lives!
Posted Image
My Blog | My Gallery | Call of Chaos: IV, V

Wicced

Wicced

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 883 posts
outstanding work brother!

one thing on the oblitoraptor though. it looks like his right leg is going to be entangled in the base decoration, maybe you should place him a little more to the front of the base...

Edited by Wicced, 31 May 2012 - 02:02 PM.

'Death haunts the darkness and he knows your names! ' - Night Haunter -Untitled_zps417f1393.png

check out my Night Lords WIP! now with fluff msn-wink.gif
Screams of Despair

shaw3029

shaw3029

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 237 posts
Fantastic conversions!

Really looking good!

My Pre heresy Imperial Fist's.

http://www.bolterand...p;#entry2005639

sword brethren

sword brethren

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,999 posts

Very nice work dude \m/

Awesome! I'd been hopping your Iron Warriors would make a come back. The new minis are looking great. The guitar wire is particularly good.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Hopefully we'll get a new codex soon and your army will grow even more :)

Check out the E Tenebrae Lux challenge if you haven't already. These guys would be perfect for it.

a new codex is a must, i hope we get legion traits!

i checked out the link and took the plunge, i have sworn Flussigkeit and Ganimach with his retinue to the cause!

It still lives!

it does indeed.

outstanding work brother!

one thing on the oblitoraptor though. it looks like his right leg is going to be entangled on the base decoration, maybe you should place him a little more to the front of the base...

thanks, you are right about the leg, i dont know whether than is the picture or the model, i will take a closer look later.

Fantastic conversions!

Really looking good!

Ovidius Incertus

Ovidius Incertus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,166 posts
This looks great! Definitely want to see how this progresses. And the use of guitar string is a great idea.

shiningstorm101

shiningstorm101

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 90 posts
good luck on the challenge.

i like the champion but im not sure about the whole squad as you said, will they all have cloaks?
ALL NEW CILLIT BANG!!! NOW FRAGRENCED WITH EXTERMINATUS!!!!