Sign-up for the COWWOF.

Jake-Mulraney

Welcome to the Collaboration Of Writers' Work Of Fiction, or COWWOF for short. The Idea here is for multiple writers to take it in turns posting creative writing from the perspective of their chosen character. We will all be telling the same story but from the perspective of our own characters.

So in escence this is much like an RP. However, in accordance with strict B&C rules and regulations this is in NO WAY an RPG. I repeat. This is not an RP "Game". We will be telling the story from the characters eye but not in first person. We will be adhering to this set of rules...

Simply put. RPG is a game - COWWOF is fan fiction.

1: ALL characters MUST be Space Marines. NO EXCEPTIONS.

2: Allways post a minimum of ONE paragraph.

3: NEVER, under any circumstances, control a character other than your'e main character or those chosen to be in you're main characters party.

3 B: Writers may write about NPC's detailing their appearance, actions and speech but may not have those NPC's alter the story for the rest of the writers' characters.

4: No battling sytems of any kind. All battles that take place are to be written about creatively.

5: No God Modding! All humans have a weakness. Even Astartes.

6: Be able to post once a week.

7: If you and another writer decide to have your parties battle eachother you must decide on a victor prior to doing so. All writers whose entire party is wiped out may continue to write by introducing a new main character. This new main character may not have any ties to the writers previous main character OR have a party accompany him. Bare in mind that you cannot introduce a new party unless your party is COMPLETELY wiped out. If you still have a party member alive you MUST continue to write from his perspective as you're main character's successor (This must be done EPIC).

8: All writers MUST submitt a Character Biography of their main character and be given approval to write in the COWWOF. Note that writers can only have one main character. Do not write bios for his party.

9: Have Fun!

Character Bio Template...

Name: Self explanitory.

Rank: Can be any. Remember not all characters have to be Chapter Masters.

Chapter: You can use your own DIY chapter if you want..

Names and Ranks of his chosen: All the Characters are allowed a party of up to 5 marines from the chapter of their main character. Writers do not have to have 5 and can even chose to have none.

Combat Style: Shooty or assault? Stealthy or up front? Tactics? Strategy?

Habits: Sensible please.

Strengths: At least 2.

Weaknesses: At least 1.

Appearance: The color of their power armor, their chapter insignia and their mark of Power Armor. Does you're character wear his helmet all time? Does he take it off? If so, what does his face look like? Short 'n' sweet please.

(Extremely) Brief history: Self explanatory.

My Character Template:

Name: Gregor Von Bismar.

Rank: Knight-Marshal of the 14th Division of the Teutonic Brotherhood. (See my DIY chapter for info)

Chapter: The Teutonic Brotherhood.

Names and Ranks of his chosen: Jerrark Mondar - Teutonic Brother. Alfred The Wonderer - Teutonic Apothecary. Drakengrad Herraford -Teutonic Knight. Ishmael Von Igrad - Teutonic Chaplain. (4)

Combat Style: He has an unrelenting drive for close combat that causes him to jump into the fray and ferociously attack the strongest opponent he can find. He believes that getting a victory by using the element of surprise is cowardly and never uses it as he considers it shamefull to win using cowardly tactics. He sticks to the combat doctrine of the Teutonic Brotherhood and uses pincer movements to attack the enemy on two fronts.

Habits: He doesn't spend that much time praying and believes that everyone should worship the Emperor in their own way. He has a tendeancy to beat people up if they are not worthy in his eyes. Usually by confronting them and outrightly telling them to work harder, if they refuse gets to work on them. He clenches his right fist when he is about to hit someone.

Strengths: Is a machine of destruction when using Powerfists.

Weaknesses: Weak piety. Is uncontrollable in combat and will often ignore his battle-brothers.

Appearance: The power armor he wears is the Teutonic Brotherhood power armor and he rarely wears his helmet. He has the Black Cross of the Brotherhood on his left shoulder pad. His face is gaunt and well weathered with lean features and a square jaw line. A man with a constant stubble developed through an aversion to regular shaving.

(Extremely) Brief history: At the age of seven he killed for the first time. He was being mugged by a stranger but was able to turn the tables on his adversary and beat him to death with his bare fists. He always argued with his teachers at school and was expelled from 3 for assault. After giving up on an education when he was 15 he left home and survived alone in the wilderness. The only time he was ever happy was when he was battering something to death with his fists. He never cared much for religion but did believe that the Emperor was the lord and messiah. When he was 19 he moved back into the capitol city. When the Teutonic Brotherhood began recruiting he was one of the first to sign up. He failed selection 3 times due to the weakness of his piety. He spent a year tempering his soul and fasting regularly before signing up for the forth time. After finally passing selection he made it through training with ease. He was made a Teutonic Knight after 72 years of service following the "Battle of the Amber Piercer" during the Forlorn Hope Crusade. Even though the Teutonic Brotherhood lost that battle he fought at such a level that the Grand-Master Konrad decided to make him a Knight.

Gregor's Call.

Gregor woke up on the ground. He had been knocked unconscious somehow. He staggered to his feet and gathered his bearings before looking around to gain a better idea of his immediate surroundings and realised he was in the middle of a battle.

Mist covered the battlefield as it rose from the corpses of thousands of dead bodies. Gregor could barely see in front of him. It was as though the mist was heavier than the Golden Throne itself. He slowly walked forward as he heard his battle-brothers calling for him. The stench of death filled the air, choking Gregor as he made his way to the voices of his allies. The swampy marsh that was the battlefield had consumed many brave Astartes this day. Trudging through the gushy earth Gregor soon realised that he was only seeing the bodies of his fallen brethren. Where were all the enemies corpses, he wondered.

The battle was supposed to be short and sweet. A force of two hundred and forty Teutonic Brothers were to meet the forces of five other chapters on the ground. They were supposed to march to the wet region where a large quantity of renegade marines and chaos daemons had made camp. Thousands of them. It was there last stronghold on the planet. Then he remembered that his force was ambushed upon planetfall. Being the first in command he tried his hardest to manoeuvre against the enemy but there were far too many of them.

He continued through the mist, the cries of pain and death followed by the thuds of dropping bodies piercing his ears. He came across the corpse of his friend. Stopping for a moment to pray for him he knelt down on the floor, his knees slightly sinking into the mud. As he finished his prayers the howls of the chaos monsters filled the air. He looked around but there was nothing to be seen.

He upped the pace as he made his way onwards toward the sounds of the main battle. Suddenly, silhouettes began rushing around in the mist in front of him. He counted four, maybe five before readying himself for a fight. With his powerfists raised up in the air he planted his feet firmly in the ground. “Show yourselves, daemons!” he shouted. Then, with the screams of a thousand banshees the bloodletters descended upon him. He jumped at the beasts with rage and valour. As he struck each one down another two rose up to take its place. He shouted at the top of his voice “Stark! Stols! Edel!”, the battle cry of the Teutonic Brotherhood. He pulverised with his powerfists as he tried to overpower the enemy.

The numbers of the bloodletters were merely increasing as he wrought the wrath of the Emperor down upon them. He took a slash to the left arm and let out a shout of rage as he crushed the skull of the bloodletter responsible. It was looking grim for Gregor. Severely outnumbered and slowly being torn down, he needed some kind of aid.....

There are five spaces open to writers who wish to get involved. Please don't write the continuation for this part of the story in this thread as this is the sign up thread. After I have more than two willing writers I will ask one of them to start a new thread and we will start writing from there. If writers wish to join up after we have started the story it is okay.

Im game :D

- Ive really wanted to experiment with writing my own fiction, but was not sure how to start. Now if i read correctly we each run our own story on the same post? Here is the character that I have so far.

Name: Lucius Vorenus

Chapter: Praetors of Mars, my DIY chapter...a chapter that is part of the Adeptus Mechanicus. They are part of the M.A.R.D, (Mechanicus/Astartes Research & Development). A wing of the Magos Biologis who's goal is to find and recover Astartes tech and test tech and new genetic improvements for the Astartes.

Names and Ranks of his chosen: I do not have any chosen at this time but I will work on developing them.

Combat Style: Shooty, and very "tech" oriented, but still can deal some damage up close. Vorenus prefers the destructive power of plasma weapons.

Habits: Vorenus is very curious, which lends well to his primary objective....searching for long lost tech. He trained as a Techmarine, but was asked to lead the 3rd by his chapter master. He is also very ritualistic before entering battle, making sure to properly bless the machine spirits of his armour and weapons.......more to come I have not fully developed this character yet.

Strengths: An extremly good shot, as good as any of his scout snipers. He also has the comparable skills of a Techmarine

Weaknesses: Vorenus is effective in close combat but is a much better shooter, he relies on his closest brothers, who are better in close combat. He recognizes his weakness in close combat so surrounds himself with brother marines that are much better than he is. He is aware of this weakness but it has always hurt his personal pride...he feels that he should be a master of all forms of combat, and feels sometimes that his chapter master should have picked a marine who was better in close combat.

Appearance: Mars red power armour. Insignia is a golden fist on top of the Mechanicus cog. Vorenus wheres a suit of Artificer "Iron" Armour, his helmet is useally off. His right arm is completly bionic, and he has short cropped hair with a short goatee.

(Extremely) Brief history: Vorenus is leading his 3rd company on a scouting missions in the strike cruiser Pillum. Vorenus has been given the task of tracking down leads of STC tech that have been collected from rumor from rogue traders, merchants, and other not so reliable sources. The 1st and 2nd companies of the Praetors as well as the Mechanicus itself track down the more substanial and stronger leads. Vorenus' 3rd company follows up on the "ghost" stories and myths that are told on backwater worlds.

Im game :cuss

- Ive really wanted to experiment with writing my own fiction, but was not sure how to start. Now if i read correctly we each run our own story on the same post? Here is the character that I have so far.

Name: Lucius Vorenus

Chapter: Praetors of Mars, my DIY chapter...a chapter that is part of the Adeptus Mechanicus. They are part of the M.A.R.D, (Mechanicus/Astartes Research & Development). A wing of the Magos Biologis who's goal is to find and recover Astartes tech and test tech and new genetic improvements for the Astartes.

Names and Ranks of his chosen: I do not have any chosen at this time but I will work on developing them.

Combat Style: Shooty, and very "tech" oriented, but still can deal some damage up close. Vorenus prefers the destructive power of plasma weapons.

Habits: Vorenus is very curious, which lends well to his primary objective....searching for long lost tech. He trained as a Techmarine, but was asked to lead the 3rd by his chapter master. He is also very ritualistic before entering battle, making sure to properly bless the machine spirits of his armour and weapons.......more to come I have not fully developed this character yet.

Strengths: An extremly good shot, as good as any of his scout snipers. He also has the comparable skills of a Techmarine

Weaknesses: Vorenus is effective in close combat but is a much better shooter, he relies on his closest brothers, who are better in close combat. He recognizes his weakness in close combat so surrounds himself with brother marines that are much better than he is. He is aware of this weakness but it has always hurt his personal pride...he feels that he should be a master of all forms of combat, and feels sometimes that his chapter master should have picked a marine who was better in close combat.

Appearance: Mars red power armour. Insignia is a golden fist on top of the Mechanicus cog. Vorenus wheres a suit of Artificer "Iron" Armour, his helmet is useally off. His right arm is completly bionic, and he has short cropped hair with a short goatee.

(Extremely) Brief history: Vorenus is leading his 3rd company on a scouting missions in the strike cruiser Pillum. Vorenus has been given the task of tracking down leads of STC tech that have been collected from rumor from rogue traders, merchants, and other not so reliable sources. The 1st and 2nd companies of the Praetors as well as the Mechanicus itself track down the more substanial and stronger leads. Vorenus' 3rd company follows up on the "ghost" stories and myths that are told on backwater worlds.

Ah I see where I messed up. I didn't clarify that we will all be telling the same story but from the perspective of our own characters. We take it in turns posting and can have our characters meet eachother and even team up.

I really like you're character so far. I think there is good rivalry to be had between my character and you're character given that the beliefs of the two differ so much.

Name:

Oden Tullaris

War Smith

Difficult to ascertain due to the time warping effects of the Eye of Terror. Sealed Imperial records hold that a man named Oden Tullaris joined the Iron Warriors Legion on Olympia during the time of the Great Crusade.

Chapter:

Iron Warriors 7th Grand Company - The 'Silver Sons'

Names and Ranks of his chosen:

Forge-Brother Malthus; Banner/Icon Bearer, Centurion Wulfric; Champion, Flesh-Smith Tyr; Apothecary/Commander, Centurion Drusus; Marksman, Centurion Mortez; Bodyguard

Combat Style:

Oden prefers a close quarters assault to test his skills against the enemy in personal combat, however he has no qualms about holding in a ranged firefight until the time is right to launch the assault. Believing that the End justifies the Means, Oden will make full use of any tactics or strategy to achieve victory - he has even been known to direct two opposing forces against each other. Due to the 7th Grand Companies shortage of Tactical Dreadnought Armour however, he cannot rely on the availability of Deepstrike Terminator assaults. Their ability to wage armoured warfare, is also hindered by losses from a recent inter-legion war.

Habits:

Oden is a rather philosophical, if apocalyptic, figure. He will often enter into a philosophical argument with his party or himself, if only for the pleasure he gains from an insightful conversation. He also harbors an unusual relationship with the Chaos Gods - He does not doubt their existence, and he will sometimes pray to them, but at the same time he is loathe to see their 'gifts' visited to his Warriors and is extremely wary of daemons and zealots, preferring to keep them away from his force (usually at the forefront of an assault to expose hard points, weaknesses, troop positions and to drain enemy resources.)

Strengths:

1. Oden is a master of close combat after countless millennium of warfare, along with his wrist mounted plasma pistol and his artifact Olympian Power Sword creating a blinding flurry of sword, fist and plasma in a close quarters fight.

2. Oden is also a Master Tactician and Strategist after fighting countless wars since the Great Crusade. He can tell when and where to launch his main assault to break the back of his enemy, or if a dozen small raids are what will cause the enemy to collapse from within. As well as being a master tactician in warfare, his mastery is extended to personal combat where he knows the location of every major artery, nerve point, and weakness in Astarte, and Human physiology. He exploits both aspects of this tactical mastery, to the full.

Weaknesses:

1. Oden has garnered an impressive tally of slain opponents over the millennium, but they have taken their toll on him. A particularly brutal engagement with a Salamanders Dreadnought, ravaged his lungs and throat. He is now kept alive by a breathing apparatus permanently affixed to his jaw. Were it to come loose or be removed somehow, it would be a matter of minutes before Oden suffocated.

2. Oden is suspicious of the Dark Gods, often refusing to work alongside any Daemons, Zealots or Possessed Marines with them in a role of anything other than cannon fodder and the vanguard. This suspicion has lead to a number of Possessed Covens, Zealot Hosts and even Greater Daemons to rally against him and many of his allies who hold a greater loyalty to the Dark Gods have, and often do, betray or abandon him.

3. Oden is a philosophical figure. After a battle, or even on the edge of victory in personal combat, he may spare his opponent for a chance to face him or her again in combat. If they intrigue him enough, he may even take them prisoner and argue the finer points of philosophy, Imperial dogma, the Long War, and their own loyalties for some time before releasing them. In doing so, he spares an enemy who now has valuable insight into his tactics, skills and mind.

Appearance:

Oden wears an updated and continuously repaired set of Mark IV Maximus Armour. Adorned with spikes, studs, demonic faces and chains, it barely reflects its original form. His Helmet however is a heavily modified Mark V piece, carved into the shape of a skull, and adorned with a sideways plume of hair, painted in the black and yellow stripes of the Legions infamous hazard stripes. His chest plate bears an Honour Shield from the Great Crusade, while it is draped in chainmail. The armour itself is a dark metal colour, trimmed in a shimmering silver and highlighted in reds, yellows and oranges. His right greave and his right shoulder pauldron also bear the hazard stripes, along with his wrist mounted plasma pistol. His Olympian Power Sword, named 'Everburn' shimmers in an ever-changing pattern of reds, yellows and oranges akin to fire. His skull mask is painted in the silver trimming his armour, and his left shoulder pad bears an embossed image of the Iron Warrior Skull symbol.

Brief history:

Not much of Odens exploits in the Great Crusade are known, although it is rumoured that he lead the 7th Grand Company in the purge of his home world, where he fought in the land he had grown up in, razing whole towns that would not submit to the Emperor. In the wake of such devastation, salvaged records suggest that he was wrought with guilt over his actions, and anger with the Emperor for forcing his hand. During the Horus Heresy, he is next recorded as having fought alongside Pertuarbo, although the two came to blows briefly as Pertuarbo ordered a retreat in the wake of Horus' death. Since then, Imperial espionage records suggest a break with his Primarch and a redirection of his anger against the Emperor, to the shoulders of Pertuarbo. Records since the Heresy are sparse at best, but intelligence suggest his forces were recently stationed on the Space Hulk, Heeded Judgement and took part in the burning of the Peruvian Rift and the Javik Rebellions.

Name:

Oden Tullaris

War Smith

Difficult to ascertain due to the time warping effects of the Eye of Terror. Sealed Imperial records hold that a man named Oden Tullaris joined the Iron Warriors Legion on Olympia during the time of the Great Crusade.

Chapter:

Iron Warriors 7th Grand Company - The 'Silver Sons'

Forge-Brother Malthus; Banner/Icon Bearer, Centurion Wulfric; Champion, Flesh-Smith Tyr; Apothecary/Commander, Centurion Drusus; Marksman, Centurion Mortez; Bodyguard

Combat Style:

Oden prefers a close quarters assault to test his skills against the enemy in personal combat, however he has no qualms about holding in a ranged firefight until the time is right to launch the assault. Believing that the End justifies the Means, Oden will make full use of any tactics or strategy to achieve victory - he has even been known to direct two opposing forces against each other. Due to the 7th Grand Companies shortage of Tactical Dreadnought Armour however, he cannot rely on the availability of Deepstrike Terminator assaults. Their ability to wage armoured warfare, is also hindered by losses from a recent inter-legion war.

Habits:

Oden is a rather philosophical, if apocalyptic, figure. He will often enter into a philosophical argument with his party or himself, if only for the pleasure he gains from an insightful conversation. He also harbors an unusual relationship with the Chaos Gods - He does not doubt their existence, and he will sometimes pray to them, but at the same time he is loathe to see their 'gifts' visited to his Warriors and is extremely wary of daemons and zealots, preferring to keep them away from his force (usually at the forefront of an assault to expose hard points, weaknesses, troop positions and to drain enemy resources.)

Strengths:

1. Oden is a master of close combat after countless millennium of warfare, along with his wrist mounted plasma pistol and his artifact Olympian Power Sword creating a blinding flurry of sword, fist and plasma in a close quarters fight.

2. Oden is also a Master Tactician and Strategist after fighting countless wars since the Great Crusade. He can tell when and where to launch his main assault to break the back of his enemy, or if a dozen small raids are what will cause the enemy to collapse from within. As well as being a master tactician in warfare, his mastery is extended to personal combat where he knows the location of every major artery, nerve point, and weakness in Astarte, and Human physiology. He exploits both aspects of this tactical mastery, to the full.

Weaknesses:

1. Oden has garnered an impressive tally of slain opponents over the millennium, but they have taken their toll on him. A particularly brutal engagement with a Salamanders Dreadnought, ravaged his lungs and throat. He is now kept alive by a breathing apparatus permanently affixed to his jaw. Were it to come loose or be removed somehow, it would be a matter of minutes before Oden suffocated.

2. Oden is suspicious of the Dark Gods, often refusing to work alongside any Daemons, Zealots or Possessed Marines with them in a role of anything other than cannon fodder and the vanguard. This suspicion has lead to a number of Possessed Covens, Zealot Hosts and even Greater Daemons to rally against him and many of his allies who hold a greater loyalty to the Dark Gods have, and often do, betray or abandon him.

3. Oden is a philosophical figure. After a battle, or even on the edge of victory in personal combat, he may spare his opponent for a chance to face him or her again in combat. If they intrigue him enough, he may even take them prisoner and argue the finer points of philosophy, Imperial dogma, the Long War, and their own loyalties for some time before releasing them. In doing so, he spares an enemy who now has valuable insight into his tactics, skills and mind.

Appearance:

Oden wears an updated and continuously repaired set of Mark IV Maximus Armour. Adorned with spikes, studs, demonic faces and chains, it barely reflects its original form. His Helmet however is a heavily modified Mark V piece, carved into the shape of a skull, and adorned with a sideways plume of hair, painted in the black and yellow stripes of the Legions infamous hazard stripes. Around his neck, he wears a golden chain, though the right half of it seems to have melted into his armour. Salamander records indicate this was a result of his duel with a Dreadnought. The armour itself is a dark metal colour, trimmed in a shimmering silver and highlighted in reds, yellows and oranges. His right greave and his right shoulder pauldron also bear the hazard stripes, along with his wrist mounted plasma pistol. His Olympian Power Sword, named 'Everburn' shimmers in an ever-changing pattern of reds, yellows and oranges akin to fire. His skull mask is painted in the silver trimming his armour, and his left shoulder pad bears an embossed image of the Iron Warrior Skull symbol.

Brief history:

Not much of Odens exploits in the Great Crusade are known, although it is rumoured that he lead the 7th Grand Company in the purge of his home world, where he fought in the land he had grown up in, razing whole towns that would not submit to the Emperor. In the wake of such devastation, salvaged records suggest that he was wrought with guilt over his actions, and anger with the Emperor for forcing his hand. During the Horus Heresy, he is next recorded as having fought alongside Pertuarbo, although the two came to blows briefly as Pertuarbo ordered a retreat in the wake of Horus' death. Since then, Imperial espionage records suggest a break with his Primarch and a redirection of his anger against the Emperor, to the shoulders of Pertuarbo. Records since the Heresy are sparse at best, but intelligence suggest his forces were recently stationed on the Space Hulk, Heeded Judgement and took part in the burning of the Peruvian Rift and the Javik Rebellions.

Nice! I like it! :P I see a lot of opportunities for the story with this character in it. :cuss

Good work Adam. :P

So if i got this right....yours is the main story line and we write or particular character into that storyline?

I have started the story off with "Gregor's Call". The next post will be a response to gregors call. It's the job of the writer to come up with the next part of the story.

It isn't "my" story since I can't control what the other writers will post. That's what makes it fun. :tu:

You use you're own main character as the protagonist when you post.

So if i got this right....yours is the main story line and we write or particular character into that storyline?

My understanding is that this is a collaborative fan fiction where we are given a setting/plot starting point, we introduce our characters and our reasons for being there, and then the plot develops as our characters proceed in the story, and eventually (or just possibly) meeting up and then dishing out boatloads of awesome as we accomplish, or fail to accomplish, our goals or the overarching goal that we all have and have to work with/against each other to gain.

My understanding is that this is a collaborative fan fiction where we are given a setting/plot starting point, we introduce our characters and our reasons for being there, and then the plot develops as our characters proceed in the story, and eventually (or just possibly) meeting up and then dishing out boatloads of awesome as we accomplish, or fail to accomplish, our goals or the overarching goal that we all have and have to work with/against each other to gain.

Correct.

Name: Mafez Al-Morham

Chapter: The Shadows of Terra

Names and Ranks of his chosen: Ranger Mordicai, Plasma gunner

Ranger Gorzak, Missile Launcher specialist

Ranger Bedizius, Marksmen and Comm men

Ranger Arkmen, Second in command.

Combat Style: Being a sternguard Mafez is all about ranged combat and being able to co-ordinate his squad with amazing ease, as an astartes he s still quite capable in close combat were he uses a Basanite Blade, a more advanced form of power sword capable of shorting out the power fields of other power weapons.

Habits: Very religious, almost chaplain fanatical and is prone to sermons in and out of battle. Lho Stick addict sense youth.

Strengths: Veteran level skills despite his, relatively young age.

Access to sternguard special issue ammunition.

Weaknesses: Almost blind fury in the face of chaos corruption, this makes him a predictable enemy who can easily be led into a trap.

Appearance: The colours of the Shadows is an ash coloured white-ish grey with pale green shoulder pads and bright red trim, he wears an almost complete set of mark 8 armour though the right leg is an old mark 5 piece. His helmet is plated in a reflective black metal called basanite, with an appearance like obsidian.

His weapons a black, with basanite plating on his bolter case and the blade being made of pure basanite. His hair, eyes and skin show the sign of all sons of Corax being midnight black hair and eyes, with pale white skin.

(Extremely) Brief history: Born on the chapter planet Aladozzra, he was sold into a sought of slave message carrying service, alone he was forced to march out into the volcanic ash wastes and deliver messages to the many scattered settlements, forced to survive for up to months at a time he grew strong in a matter of years, eventually catching the eyes of the Shadows of Terras chaplains. Now he leads a squad of the elite Ranger Veterans for the 5th company hunting out particularly dangerous chaos renegades and guiding the Shadows companies into battle with the forces of chaos.

Names and Ranks of his Chosen:

- Titus Seneca: Veteran Scout Sgt. : Sniper rifle, and combat shotgun. He is Vorenus' must trusted friend, they were chosen as initiates together for the Praetors.

- Ajax: Terminator Veteran with Assault cannon and chainfist. He is the heavy weapon expert, Ajax always accompanies Vorenus in his personal squad. Vorenus likes his shoot first and ask questions later view of battle.

- The Twins: Augustus and Cicero: close combat experts, they both use stormshields and powerweapns. Augustus is stern and quiet which seems to un-nerve his enemies in combat, Cicero is a laugher and jokester, constantly jabing his opponents with joking insults and sword thrusts.

- Veras: Vorenus is incredibley supersticious and mindful of ritual and portents.....he is never far away from his closest counselor, his Librarian. Veras has crushed many a foe with his force hammer and sent many a demon to the warp with his psychic skills.

This is the close group that always accompanies Vorenus, they are his closest advisors and confidants.

Name: Cthastus Geddon.

Chapter: The Emperor's Blood

Names and Ranks of his chosen: Squire Brother Zlovin (Sniper Rifle, Bolt Pistol, Combat Knife and Camo Cloak), Squire Brother Nascadene (ditto), Squire Brother Ardimmar (ditto), Squire Brother Thespian (ditto), Brother Initiate Mortain (Land Speeder Storm Pilot).

Combat Style: As leader of a scout squad on a recon mission, Brother Sergeant Geddon favours stealth for the mission and is generally an individual not usually given to rush in. Geddon's squad are under orders to only engage targets at range, collect pertinent information regarding the enemy and eliminate targets of opportunity. Therefore, long range sniping is the chosen combat style and Brother Sergeant Geddon would like to ensure things stay that way. He is equipped the same as his squad.

Habits: Geddon, as do others of his chapter, contemplates the past and reflects on past decisions. As such he meditates once a day, if the opportunity to do so occurs, upon recent events and decisions. As a Sergeant, he is responsible for teaching and safeguarding his charges - he teaches in a strict but fair fashion and will rarely place a Squire Brother in a very dangerous position he himself is not willing to take.

Strengths: 1) Has a rational, analytical mind and is almost never given to take rash decisions. He strongly believes in knowing his enemy.

2) Is a lauded stealth specialist. Not only can he remain undetected for extended periods behind enemy lines but his use of camouflage is, if not peerless then, exceptional.

Weaknesses: 1) Geddon dislikes relying on auspexes, claiming they dull the senses. In certain situations he might begrudgingly allow the use of one but it would have to be an exeptional circumstance.

2) Does break the golden rule of sniping often: Shoot, then move (ironically, it's a rule that he teaches). He will regularly shoot more than once from the same spot and can develop a 'just one more' attitude.

Appearance: The squad wears typical Scout carapace armour (except Brother Initiate Mortain, who wears a mixture of Mk5 and Mk6 plate) and they usually don't wear helmets. The armour itself is coloured predominantly black, like the rest of the chapter, with red trim. The Camo Cloaks worn resort back to their default grey, white and black pattern when on the move. Geddon himself appears very scarred; he has multiple scars on his face and his scalp is marred by burn scars. Besides the scars he exhibits a lantern jaw (think Fred Gwynne), a (broken) patrician nose and thin lips.

(Extremely) Brief history: Having served the chapter as a sergeant in the fourth company for many years, Geddon moved to the tenth to instruct the new Squire Brothers of the chapter in the ways of war he himself learnt as a Squire Brother. He is currently halfway through his tenure, at the end of which he will transfer back to the fourth company.

How's that? Also - is it alright to have a Land Speeder?

All characters so far have got my approval.

King Willy - You've made a very good starting point. Please try to run through it and improve some of the grammar. I know I'm not perfect. Put a space between each sub-heading and it will be made a lot easier for me. Thanks. Otherwise, approved! :)

IronDragon66 - Nice work with you're "Chosen". Approved! :)

Olisredan - Very well presented character bio. Makes it a lot easier for me. Approved! :)

GrimApostle - Awesome character. Awesome...Approved! :)

I gotta say....

- this posting has got me all excited and my imagination juices are sure flowin....ive been writing a ton of background on my DIY chapter, Paraetors of Mars, but i havent really started developing any characters up until now. This is going to be a ton of fun, its got me thinking of character quirks, storylines, etc....all sorts of stuff. Thanks alot Jake for putting this together.....this is going to be so much fun.

I gotta say....

- this posting has got me all excited and my imagination juices are sure flowin....ive been writing a ton of background on my DIY chapter, Paraetors of Mars, but i havent really started developing any characters up until now. This is going to be a ton of fun, its got me thinking of character quirks, storylines, etc....all sorts of stuff. Thanks alot Jake for putting this together.....this is going to be so much fun.

I'm glad to hear it, buddy. :) I'm really happy you're already coming up with ideas. That's great news.

I gotta admit. I'm as excited as you are. :D

Name:

Linus Theo

Acting Sergeant, Echo-Nine

54 Terran Standard

Chapter:

Alpha Legion

Ozias Abednego ('Nego'), Legionnaire; Mos Zebulon ('Mozes'), Legionnaire

Combat Style:

As befitting the doctrines of the Alpha Legion, Echo-Nine employs stealth and deception, and practices unusual styles of close combat fighting, although where possible, ranged combat is preferable. All Legionnaires are trained in demolitions and Legionnaire Abednego is an accomplished marksman.

Habits:

Echo-Nine can be perceived as positively boring or lacking personality from outsiders, as their pragmatism to duty has the rather unsurprising effect of long periods of silence. Privately, Theo has a rather unusual habit of smoking Lho-Sticks even though his trans-human physiology renders the narcotic ineffective and has earned the ridicule of Echo-Nine's other Legionnaires for partaking in such an inane practice. Contrary to popular belief, the Alpha Legion cell of which Echo-Nine forms a part of, is a secular outfit and wholly rejects the Primordial Annihilator - and the Imperium of course. However, all Legionnaires are capable of giving the illusion of religious devotion to either faction when it is practical to do so (Legionnaires undergo extensive psychiatric evaluation after a mission if they do such a thing) - Echo-Nine and their cell they form part of has an unknown remit.

Strengths:

Theo is a minor level Logokine, and can quickly understand combat cants, dialects and even limited xeno-form linguistics, but has a limited capacity to respond.

Weaknesses:

The leadership structure of this Alpha Legion cell in the 41st Millenium emphasises rotating leadership (hence, 'Acting Sergeant') within squads on a mission basis in order to test the resolve and leadership qualities of each Legionnaire. Theo secretly hopes he will be selected by Legion command for a permanent position even though he knows both of his Legionnaires are significantly more experienced. Theo is prone to making unsound tactical decisions, contrary to Legion doctrine in order to impress his colleagues.

Appearance:

To ordinary humans, all three Legionnaires look identical. In fact, Ozias Abednego is the tallest and Linus Theo a full 4 centimetres shorter and is shortest of the three. From an Astartes enhanced eyesight, subtle traces of facial surgery are noted on all three Legionnaires if they ever took of their helmets. Theo owns a set of Mark VIII 'Errant' armour, recently stolen from a Munitorum fleet; whilst Abednego and Zebulon own a composite mix of parts from Mark IV to Mark VII, both with Baleen-Snout style helms (so no beakies!), with all three Legionnaires issued with (recently stolen) Tigrus Pattern Bolters.

IMPORTANT: For the parameters of the mission (i.e., this narrative), all three Legionnaires are disguised as Imperial Astartes and have cosmetic modifications to their suits to display Imperial iconography (Aquilas, etc.) and rendered in Bronze to represent the Imperial Astartes Stymphalids chapter. The Stymphalids chapter symbol is a stylised predatory bird (see bottom left).

(Extremely) Brief history:

Echo-Nine has been sent to establish contact with the heretic War-Smith known as Oden Tullaris, for reasons yet to be revealed. Due to the highly uncertain nature of the exercise with limited chance of success, only three volunteers in the under-strength Echo-Nine squad has undertaken this mission. I figured that there should be at least one more Non-Imperial faction present!

Ships:(NPC)

The Omicron - Alpha Legion Vanguard-Class Strike Cruiser, disguised as Imperial Astartes ship Immitis Ascende of the Stymphalids chapter. The Strike cruiser is rendered in the shipping docks' original gun-metal grey with bronze details, devoid of any insignia - although it is clearly Imperial in design, age unknown.

Rip Claw / Kappa-Phi-Twenty-Gamma - A salvaged Stormraven gunship used by my Alpha Legion cell.

Name:

Linus Theo

Acting Sergeant, Echo-Nine

54 Terran Standard

Chapter:

Alpha Legion

Ozias Abednego ('Nego'), Legionnaire; Mos Zebulon ('Mozes'), Legionnaire

Combat Style:

As befitting the doctrines of the Alpha Legion, Echo-Nine employs stealth and deception, and practices unusual styles of close combat fighting, although where possible, ranged combat is preferable. All Legionnaires are trained in demolitions and Legionnaire Abednego is an accomplished marksman.

Habits:

Echo-Nine can be perceived as positively boring or lacking personality from outsiders, as their pragmatism to duty has the rather unsurprising effect of long periods of silence. Privately, Theo has a rather unusual habit of smoking Lho-Sticks even though his trans-human physiology renders the narcotic ineffective and has earned the ridicule of Echo-Nine's other Legionnaires for partaking in such an inane practice. Contrary to popular belief, the Alpha Legion cell of which Echo-Nine forms a part of, is a secular outfit and wholly rejects the Primordial Annihilator - and the Imperium of course. However, all Legionnaires are capable of giving the illusion of religious devotion to either faction when it is practical to do so (Legionnaires undergo extensive psychiatric evaluation after a mission if they do such a thing) - Echo-Nine and their cell they form part of has an unknown remit.

Strengths:

Theo is a minor level Logokine, and can quickly understand combat cants, dialects and even limited xeno-form linguistics, but has a limited capacity to respond.

Weaknesses:

The leadership structure of this Alpha Legion cell in the 41st Millenium emphasises rotating leadership (hence, 'Acting Sergeant') within squads on a mission basis in order to test the resolve and leadership qualities of each Legionnaire. Theo secretly hopes he will be selected by Legion command for a permanent position even though he knows both of his Legionnaires are significantly more experienced. Theo is prone to making unsound tactical decisions, contrary to Legion doctrine in order to impress his colleagues.

Appearance:

To ordinary humans, all three Legionnaires look identical. In fact, Ozias Abednego is the tallest and Linus Theo a full 4 centimetres shorter and is shortest of the three. From an Astartes enhanced eyesight, subtle traces of facial surgery are noted on all three Legionnaires if they ever took of their helmets. Theo owns a set of Mark VIII 'Errant' armour, recently stolen from a Munitorum fleet; whilst Abednego and Zebulon own a composite mix of parts from Mark IV to Mark VII, both with Baleen-Snout style helms (so no beakies!), with all three Legionnaires issued with (recently stolen) Tigrus Pattern Bolters. For the parameters of the mission (i.e., this narrative), all three Legionnaires have had cosmetic modifications to their suits to display Imperial iconography (Aquilas, etc.) and rendered in Bronze to represent the Imperial Astartes Stymphalids chapter. The Stymphalids chapter symbol is a stylised predatory bird (see bottom left).

(Extremely) Brief history:

Echo-Nine has been sent to establish contact with the heretic War-Smith known as Oden Tullaris, for reasons yet to be revealed. Due to the highly uncertain nature of the exercise with limited chance of success, only three volunteers in the under-strength Echo-Nine squad has undertaken this mission. I figured that there should be at least one more Non-Imperial faction present!

Edit: I've just realised you've hit the 5 writer limit. I'd be happy to opt out if you're full - although, Alpha Legion has always operated in secrecy!

This is the awkward moment when you break you're own rules.

I approve of this character. You're in buddy.

It's cool since we haven't actually started yet. :P

Brilliant! So to clarify, do we all post simultaneously or do we wait for a pre-determined sequence of writers to write their bit before the next person? Also, when is the story thread starting?

Cheers!

NS

Brilliant! So to clarify, do we all post simultaneously or do we wait for a pre-determined sequence of writers to write their bit before the next person? Also, when is the story thread starting?

Cheers!

NS

GrimApostle will be starting the thread sometime in the week, hopefully. It will be a continuation of the "Gragor's Call" story I wrote a few posts back. Then we'll follow this order to post:

GrimApostle

IronDragon66

King Willy

Olisredan

Nineswords

Jake-Mulraney

The reason for this order is that me and GrimApostle have been PMing alot and he has helped A LOT with ideas and the backstory which I think he'll be posting up soon.

You post once then wait for it to come back to you again. I'm thinking we'll probs have a fresh post from everyone once a week.

Archived