Sign-up for the COWWOF.

Jake-Mulraney

Just a quick heads up: I've been pulling some late days between working back at my day job (3 weeks off for a honeymoon is all well and good until you get back to work and realise the guy that was supposed to cover your work did SFA!) and I'm currently crunching to get a story finished to a publication deadline.

I should have it up within the next 24 hours, but it might be slightly late.

I hate to be late for another week, but tomorrow after work I have to go out to a university meeting and won't have time to write an update. I'll have one up for Thursday night though - or Friday night if I need Nineswords approval on something.

In the Habron system is there ANY Chaos ships presently engaging the loyalist forces? Cause if so then I would like to know that would make things alot easier for me, when I write this story.

EDIT: Are there any Imperial Guardsmen on the planet still fighting Chaos? Then this will make an interesting story for all my write ups, that will come.

In the Habron system is there ANY Chaos ships presently engaging the loyalist forces? Cause if so then I would like to know that would make things alot easier for me, when I write this story.

EDIT: Are there any Imperial Guardsmen on the planet still fighting Chaos? Then this will make an interesting story for all my write ups, that will come.

Just mine AFAIK, but I'm hiding. Grim and I are currently brewing some story arcs to be resolved by the other authors (including yourself) as we need to wrap this up in seven weeks. More info to come on that!

alright, I guess it wouldn't hurt to have a couple of Inquiditorial Guardsmen fighting along the Grey Knights, that would give this a brouader and bigger end story. Maby an exterminatus? or just a purge of the system by the complete 5th brotherhood? these are just ideas, my post will be up by at least saturday, by the most.

I don't think you need to extermintaus the planet unless Grims turning that girl in to a bunch of bloodthirsters, and then we'll go with the big red button option, nor would a purge, unless the above happens, just mind wipe the guards.

But please kinda shuffle off quietly, one of the things I always thought ruined any story with grey knights is that eventually everyone is dead or forgets all the cool stuff thats happened so we might as well say "That was a weird dream, well off to do space mariney things" at the end of the story.

Any one mind if I drop a bridge on a titan then crack it with Hawks to get at the juciy insides.

@Onyxius, my Marines are still engaged (and will remain engaged once I finish this chapter) with a large force of Word Bearers and Chaos cultists....possibly might be bringing some daemons/possessed Marines into it, cause they are Word Bearers after all.

Posted!

And I agree that Exterminatus is unnecessary here. A bit too much in my opinion.

I would also be in favour of the whole system not undergoing a mind wipe - although it wouldn't be hard to justify the daemon presence limited to Habron Secundus so the Hive World is blissfully unaware as to the nature of Chaos.

Perhaps instead the system becomes a focal point against Chaos forces in the region - pumping out specially trained guardsmen and ecclesiastical zealots?

ok guys, I tried to write something up for the deadline, but I couldn't think of anything. I am too far off the story, and it almost at an end that there is barely anything else to write. I will just have to wait until next round, that way I know how to start at the beginning with you guys. Just count me in next round of the COWWOF part 2. Then I will write up a whole lot of stuff for this thread.

Sorry to be that guy again, but I'm not ready to upload my next part yet due to the reasons listed for last week (sidebar: I currently hate my job).

Will be with you shortly though. Hopefully it doesn't interfere too much, since I am only around the edges of the piece currently anyway.

I'm going to hold off on an update until I hear from Nineswords about how the plot is developing and see if he posts something up. I'm still at the mercy (Ha! I could them all ... if I wanted :)) of the Alpha Legion so I'll need to see how things proceed from his end.

And Corsair, no worries.

Sorry guys, my gran died so it's put a real spanner in the works - I'll be working on the next instalment Thursday/Friday evening and working out some of the major plot details with Grim to tie this round up by the end of August.

Basically, we're going to get this released as a free PDF / .epub / .mobi . This means that we'll be contacting the contributors individually to get their permission to use, add to or otherwise modify their instalments to fit in as a cohesive whole. We have a suitably grand plot in mind with a few story arcs that skew one another. This is going to be great, but if you want to contribute to the finished thing outside of the thread itself, we will be requiring a 2500 word minimum chapter, which will likely mean extensive rewriting and editing.

The final thing is *very* exciting and will mark a new benchmark in 40k fan fiction available to all for free. More to come...

Sorry guys, my gran died so it's put a real spanner in the works - I'll be working on the next instalment Thursday/Friday evening and working out some of the major plot details with Grim to tie this round up by the end of August.

Basically, we're going to get this released as a free PDF / .epub / .mobi . This means that we'll be contacting the contributors individually to get their permission to use, add to or otherwise modify their instalments to fit in as a cohesive whole. We have a suitably grand plot in mind with a few story arcs that skew one another. This is going to be great, but if you want to contribute to the finished thing outside of the thread itself, we will be requiring a 2500 word minimum chapter, which will likely mean extensive rewriting and editing.

The final thing is *very* exciting and will mark a new benchmark in 40k fan fiction available to all for free. More to come...

Firstly, my deepest sympathy for your loss.

Secondly, the plans for this sound very interesting. I'd be interested in becoming more deeply involved in the plot you guys have brewing if you were interested in coordinating at all; if not, I'll stick with different sightings as I hatch my own little tale.

Hi guys,

Unfortunately I'm going to have to withdraw at least temporarily from this - between work and some published writing commitments, I can't put the necessary time into the project that it deserves.

Good luck with it all, and I hope to be able to return again in a few weeks.

No worries Corsair. I've heard from Nineswords that he will be unable to post for another week due to real life commitments - and I still haven't heard from Oli.

King Willy, you can keep updating as you like though I need to wait for Nineswords to resolve his hunt for Ariadne before I can continue.

Hey dudes, had a little messed up (actually it's kinda a major one) in real life, which unfortunately also included lack of internet. B)

I may be a wee bit indisposed of over the coming days and weeks but I'll see what I can do. I do have an entry pre-written so if it's cool I might whack that up later. B)

Edit: I'll be chucking it up now. Not sure when I'll be back but if there are any problems, let me know. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!

Well; I'm currently on holiday in Russia. A bunch of stuff happened IRL, and I'm not sure how much time I have to commit next month as I have a bunch of work to do.

That being said, I'd like to either carry on when convenient, or consolidate what we have and write the whole thing into a B&C novel available for free. I'll talk with Grim on this, but it would be rad if it happened.

If the whole thing ends up being put on the shelf and is turned into a PDF, might I suggest that the current contributors write a 'final' part each for the 'novel'? How's that sound? B)

I'm good with the final part bit, my guys were gonna just kill a titan then bumrush the Chaos horde in the city with two companies. Try and kill the lord but my squad was gonna have all this interesting stuff so will write out that then a little extra saying they attacking

Archived