Sign-up for the COWWOF.

Jake-Mulraney

I've currently trying to decide wheter I should put my a Thousand Sons character or a Praetors character, altough currently I'm working up to finish my college essay as it's the end of the semester season.

I've currently trying to decide wheter I should put my a Thousand Sons character or a Praetors character, altough currently I'm working up to finish my college essay as it's the end of the semester season.

Which character you use is completely up to you, buddy.

make sure you finnish you're essay first though. :P

Thousand Sons all the way! It would mean there are 4 Imperial Astartes Chapters, Iron Warriors, Alpha Legion, and... you.

Thousand Sons all the way! It would mean there are 4 Imperial Astartes Chapters, Iron Warriors, Alpha Legion, and... you.

That actually makes a good ratio of bad guys to good guys.

I think this is going to be a good test for me. Mostly to do with paying attention to the details others write and providing a good yarn. This'll be interesting. :P

I think this is going to be a good test for me. Mostly to do with paying attention to the details others write and providing a good yarn. This'll be interesting. :P

Yeah.

I've been a part of a few of these for other things like Fallout and Skyrim. I joined this site cuz I collect 40k and I thought I'd start one up.

:P

Speaking of details, pardon me for saying so Jake but your main character joined the TB at 19?

[Edit: FACT OF THE DAY: It would appear gene-seed implantations can still work on recruits aged up to 20 years old.[/edit]

I considered it, but I'm reluctant when rethinking about the Thousand Sons. I really don't want to bring any more than one of Nekhet, as that would be far too powerful, and I'm really not sure with bringing about a sorcerer and a bunch of Rubric Marines, as that would make conversations rather boring.

Speaking of details, pardon me for saying so Jake but your main character joined the TB at 19?

[Edit: FACT OF THE DAY: It would appear gene-seed implantations can still work on recruits aged up to 20 years old.[/edit]

Oh? Lol. I really don't know that much about the 40k universe. I know a little but not a lot. Please correct me if you ever see any errors.

Just to get this straight. Gregor first applied when he was 19 so by the time he finnished training (Considering he applied 4 times) he must have been at least 20? That does add up, right?

I considered it, but I'm reluctant when rethinking about the Thousand Sons. I really don't want to bring any more than one of Nekhet, as that would be far too powerful, and I'm really not sure with bringing about a sorcerer and a bunch of Rubric Marines, as that would make conversations rather boring.

Who says Rubric Marines are boring? Just because people seem to think that all they whisper is 'All is dust', they're still a soul inside their suit. I'm sure they've been traumatized plenty. Maybe they're personalities come out more when they're around or engaged by the Sorcerer. That's my take on it anyway.

I am typing up a post as we speak.

It will be in a new thread that I will link here.

Expect the first post to include a setting to give a general idea of where we are and what's going on. Also, Just a heads up that given the summoned daemons I was thinking of there being an NPC Word Bearers Host involved since it seems like neither of the two Chaos players so far favour the use of Daemons. It also gives a Chaos vs Loyal vs Word Bearers which opens the door to interesting scenarios.

If everyone is in agreement of a Word Bearers host, I'll finalize it. I'd like everyone's input. Unfortunately, we only have tonight to do so. I'm incredibly busy and really only have Tuesday nights to write - especially for the next few weeks.

Anyways, Keep an eye out!

Oh? Lol. I really don't know that much about the 40k universe. I know a little but not a lot. Please correct me if you ever see any errors.

Just to get this straight. Gregor first applied when he was 19 so by the time he finnished training (Considering he applied 4 times) he must have been at least 20? That does add up, right?

Generally aspirants for Astartes are inducted between the ages of 10-16 Terran standard as the gene-seed and other organ implants are in symbiosis with the aspirant's adolescent generation. Gregor would be a *very* late comer for Astartes development - 20 is the very latest for biological reasons.

More here: http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Space_Marines

Cheers!

NS

Expect the first post to include a setting to give a general idea of where we are and what's going on.

Likewise, I've pretty much finished mine in my enthusiasm for the project (even though I'm currently next to last in the posting). Like you, my first post has established Alpha Legion's clandestine presence on the planet.

PS totally cool with Word Bearers, I really like the 'third force' of daemon-spawning heretics!

GrimApostle - You're a Legend. Thanks for helping out with you're knowlledge of the 40k universe. I'm sure I am the one with, probably the least knowlledge here. ;)

I 100% approve of the Word Bearers. I think having a third party makes the story so much more dynamic. I'm sure it will add new twists to the plot.

Nineswords - Cheers for the headsup. I'll make sure to edit my characters age. I'm really happy to see you're so enthusiastic. :(

But remember. When we're a little further in the story it may be a bit difficult to pre-write posts as developments made from other characters can alter things.

I'm so happy that this is starting to look really successful.

Thanks for the support and good work guys. :P

Expect the first post to include a setting to give a general idea of where we are and what's going on.

Likewise, I've pretty much finished mine in my enthusiasm for the project (even though I'm currently next to last in the posting). Like you, my first post has established Alpha Legion's clandestine presence on the planet.

My MO to this will probably the opposite to yours - I'm going to make it up as I go, a little like my GMing style. ;)

Who says Rubric Marines are boring? Just because people seem to think that all they whisper is 'All is dust', they're still a soul inside their suit. I'm sure they've been traumatized plenty. Maybe they're personalities come out more when they're around or engaged by the Sorcerer. That's my take on it anyway.

They are referred to as automatons in the fluff who cannot even think. If I’m writing inter squad interaction I might have more difficulty.

Besides, if we are writing Word Bearers as a foe I’m might tempted to write in my Praetors of Orpheus for the whole Guilliman/Lorgar rivalry.

They are referred to as automatons in the fluff who cannot even think. If I’m writing inter squad interaction I might have more difficulty.

Besides, if we are writing Word Bearers as a foe I’m might tempted to write in my Praetors of Orpheus for the whole Guilliman/Lorgar rivalry.

Ah yes I had forgotten about that ... I feel quite silly now. Especially considering I'm a Thousand Sons fan ...

Well it's totally up to you.

I'm almost done the new post and thread.

Story thread is now up.

That's why it took so long :P

Without even getting to the literature itself, all I can say is: Holy crap. :(

That is very well presented, Grim. Kudos to you, sir. Also, might I say that is an excellent entry, brother. Engaging. :P

Story thread is now up.

That's why it took so long :P

Well...I'm speechless. It's amazing man. Absaloutely amazing. O.O

I've rearranged the order of posting accordingly. here's the new order:

GrimApostle

King Willy

IronDragon66

Olisredan

Nineswords

(I wanna add Gree at this point but I'll need to approve his character first)

Jake-Mulraney

I haven't missed anyone out have I? ;)

And dude. Seriously. That's a masterpeice that you have come up with so far. You legend.

Great start guys, really liked GrimApostle's briefing document detailing the background context.

GrimApostle - I'm not entirely sure what faction the Red One and Red Two Valkeries are on. Are they Imperial or Word Bearers? Or are the pilot's traitor guard carrying Imperial personnel?

Archived