Sign-up for the COWWOF.

Jake-Mulraney

Great start guys, really liked GrimApostle's briefing document detailing the background context.

GrimApostle - I'm not entirely sure what faction the Red One and Red Two Valkeries are on. Are they Imperial or Word Bearers? Or are the pilot's traitor guard carrying Imperial personnel?

My understanding is that Red one and Red two are Renegade Guard who were rounding up human sacrifices to the Chaos gods?

And, for unknown reasons, Oden is searching for a specific woman which he believed to be on the Valkyries?

I did love the image of two valks popped with a couple shots just imagined the plasma pulse smashing through and igniting the pilots while the second valks co pilots going :P mate, bad luck old chums we'll have to kill them oursleves, then seeing the ground approaching very quickly.

Couldn't help saying, Double pens with plasma and ground.

Hey IronDragon!

Nice intro there, but some of the dialogue is a little hard to read. Your best bet is pick up anything by Dan Abnett and look at the way he structures his writing. Generally, each new line of dialogue occurs on a new line; likewise every significant action. Also, ship names are always rendered in italics, i.e. the Pillum. Lastly, if you trail off like this... — note there are three dots which and no more.

Hope that helps!

For everyone: I think it would be awesome if everyone added things like ship names and class details so we can get an idea of the fleet disposition. I've added details for the Omicron, and IronDragon666 has the Pillum.

Thanks Nineswords....

thats exactly the type of writing advice i was looking for....im used to writing college term papers not fiction :angry: although sometimes theres not much difference between the to LOL.

Who says Rubric Marines are boring? Just because people seem to think that all they whisper is 'All is dust', they're still a soul inside their suit. I'm sure they've been traumatized plenty. Maybe they're personalities come out more when they're around or engaged by the Sorcerer. That's my take on it anyway.

They are referred to as automatons in the fluff who cannot even think. If I’m writing inter squad interaction I might have more difficulty.

Besides, if we are writing Word Bearers as a foe I’m might tempted to write in my Praetors of Orpheus for the whole Guilliman/Lorgar rivalry.

Ah yes I had forgotten about that ... I feel quite silly now. Especially considering I'm a Thousand Sons fan ...

Well it's totally up to you.

I'm almost done the new post and thread.

Well my thoughts about putting in some Praetors of Orpheus characters are hampered by the fact that we already have a Praetors-named Chapter with Mechanicus ties. I had thought about using the Genesis Chapter, but we already have the Word Bearers as a foe........

I'm sorry, I simply cannot make up my mind.

I have a question then, would a multi-chapter force from the Ultramarines Honor Company be permissible? As in a kill-team with each member made up of a single Ultramarine sucessor marine?

Well my thoughts about putting in some Praetors of Orpheus characters are hampered by the fact that we already have a Praetors-named Chapter with Mechanicus ties. I had thought about using the Genesis Chapter, but we already have the Word Bearers as a foe........

I'm sorry, I simply cannot make up my mind.

I have a question then, would a multi-chapter force from the Ultramarines Honor Company be permissible? As in a kill-team with each member made up of a single Ultramarine sucessor marine?

You mean like a special task force?

I think it would be a good twist for the story to have some sort of special task force who's mission objective is top secret and only those within the special task force know of it.

Of course the rest of the writers will have to agree on this.

I don't mind either way. Given the long standing animosity between the 13th and 17th Legions, it kind of makes sense for Guilliman's sons to go for it. It would be great to hear a first story of how each of the 'Kings of Ultramar' are selected.

i think a special task force would be super cool...we all ready have the dynamic of multiple chapters on this, but multiple chapter dynamics whitin your own squad...now that could turn out some really cool stuff.

My post is up.

Gree - Don't worry. As soon as you have a character bio which is approved you'll be able to start posting. you'll slot in right before me. ;)

Hope it doesn't seem like I rushed it too much. I just thought I needed to flesh out the story a bit more before continueing. I'm also leaving Gregor's current predicament open for other writers play around with if they so wish.

;)

Of course the rest of the writers will have to agree on this.

I'm fine with the idea - it's a nice change tbh, something a little random. ^_^

I'm thinking, maybe it's a good idea for us all to add eachother on MSN? That way we can discuss things in real time?

Who's for it?

I'm not on MSN, I'm afraid. :lol:

I'm thinking, maybe it's a good idea for us all to add eachother on MSN? That way we can discuss things in real time?

Who's for it?

I more just use skype now ... haven't used MSN in ages. Even if we did, I'd barely get online enough to chat anyway.

If we do want to organize something, somehow on certain weekends, I'd be willing to fire up MSN or Skype and log on - depending on the time and if I'm working. If none of that works, PMing might be the way to go.

Also, what time zones are we all in? That would definitely effect any attempts to chat.

I'm EST.

EDIT:

What do we do if something like this happens where we might only be able to update once a week, and then everyone's updated within a day of us doing so and it's our turn again? Could we let it skip over us after the first time around?

I'd update on the weekend but I'm away for this, and next weekend and only have Tuesday nights to post something up. :/

If we want to let it skip over us if we can't update too often, I should have enough time to stay in the loop, just not to actually type something up. I hope everyone is alright with this. It shouldn't be too much trouble to write up something to cover the gaps in time, and in the near future I should be getting Thursday nights free, and weekends will go back to normal - if we can agree to this just being a temporary solution.

Oh and as for the Multi-Chapter Kill Team, I'm all for it.

Also, what time zones are we all in? That would definitely effect any attempts to chat.

I'm EST.

Well I'm GMT but I've never used skype. Been curious occasionally but never actually used it.

What do we do if something like this happens where we might only be able to update once a week, and then everyone's updated within a day of us doing so and it's our turn again? Could we let it skip over us after the first time around?

I'd say we could mostly approach it on a case-by-case basis but we could have a 'posting window' of, say... three days (or a week)? And then if no post is made in the window then the buck passes to the next in line. How does that sound? Too short a window maybe?

Im on MST, colorado USA.

I dont have MSN or Skype or anything like that....but I do check my B&CSw posts 3-4 times a day so posting shouldnt be a problem......

I think we should just have the postings broken in to rounds, the first post started on what, Wednesday, so that was round one. Round one starts next Wednesday and so on? That way we have a set time for our posts, it gives us plenty of time for our ideas to form so we have good quality pieces as well. No need to rush our posts if we want to turn out some good quality stuff :) Plus that will give us time to coordinate here on this post if we want our stories to come together.

I agree with IronDragon666, although I would say, if there is any 'in-character' dialogue between parties, it would be best to fire up Skype (MSN, really?!) and do it on there. For example, I already know I want to engage with GrimApostle's character at some point in the next few rounds, so I would contact him/her and PM what I had in mind, and who wins (FYI GrimApostle, you, kind of). Once the basic gist has been agreed on, then you sort of set up the 'in character' dialogue over Skype, and then slightly modify and build a story around that. Make sure both parties approve before posting. In some cases, sometime it's not even a fight. Perhaps two parties just happen to be on the same battlefield or location. In which case, do the same thing but agree on the general outcome, build the narrative, and make sure both parties approve before posting. I'm especially looking forward to this when my AL encounters the loyalist forces, as they are currently disguised as a legitimate Imperial Astartes chapter.

I think the inclusion of the Word Bearers as a NPC enemy was a master stroke.

NS

Rounds sound good to me that way I'm not having to check this thread every few hours to see if someones posted.

Also The Shadows hate the AL, there infiltration was why they were created.

Got anymore background information beyond what you have in the first post

Archived