+++E Tenebrae Lux+++

Captain Semper

Just made a new Vsgt and switched 2 marines, one had too much spraypaint on it the other a layer of old DA green

Heres the WiP thread:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=253907

You're ok - carry on soldier!

I Louis answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete 2 Tactical Squads, 1 Devastator Squad and 3 Rhinos from Codex: Dark Angels on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Dark Angels and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end.

Apologies for being away for the forum for the past few months, but returning on the last day of vow submission has to be good omen :D

Louis... another LPC vet! Welcome back! You got a big vow there mate- any chance you tell us points costs? :)

Hopefully I'm not too late. I have 3 weeks off and thought I would chip in a couple of models.

I CovertToaster answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete one Deathwing squad from Codex: Dark Angels of total value 240 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the I Legion and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end!

And here is my first post!

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j468/CovertToaster/DeathwingETL.jpg

One old skool DW squad with no arms! I have arms but I'm fast running out of beer! But I have fudged the slotta models onto current 40mm bases with a cheap version of greenstuff!

Yay! I would thank the poster that suggested it but as already mentioned if I'm "running out" of beer then clearly I'm drunk (hic!) and it's beyond my capabilities!

Drunk huh? Maybe you should spend some time in the Wolves forum... :D

Seriuosly though your vow looks good! Any chance of a breakdown of the equipment? I bet there is an assault cannon hidden in there! :D

Edit of my vow: I will not be painting the Vindicator. Instead, I will be painting my newest model acquisition:

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj236/sesharp/KGrHqQOKjE5WtmYPrIBO5w9I9sQ60_3.jpg

(not a picture of my actual model; it's in my locker at the store)

I got it for a steal of a deal, so I am a very happy Dark Angels collector. :)

Can't see the pic Brother Captain. What is it? And does it change the points value of your vow?

“I Head Mook answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete (1) Marshal, (1) Sword Brethren Terminator Squad, (2) Crusader Squads, (1) Land Speeder Typhoon, (2) Predator Destructors, and (1) Rhino from Codex: Black Templar of total value 1147 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Black Templar and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end.

Head Mook, you need to submit your vow to the ETL thread in the BTs forum. Just copy/paste it there and you're done. I'm going to update the table in the BTs thread with your vow! Good luck!

I should really make my vow. I have a Land Raider and some scouts waiting to be painted. Problem being that there are seven scouts and not one of them is a sergeant, so it wouldn't be legal. Hmm...

Hmmm... Insolvable!

Just joking! :D

Really, enter the Land Raider so you'll not miss the deadline and we can think something out for the scouts... Not close to a Codex currently but can't scout sergeants get the same equipment as normal scouts? Just call one of them sergeant and you're done... If not we are entering conversion territory...

*ominous music in the background becoming gradually louder*

Really, enter the Land Raider so you'll not miss the deadline and we can think something out for the scouts... Not close to a Codex currently but can't scout sergeants get the same equipment as normal scouts? Just call one of them sergeant and you're done... If not we are entering conversion territory...

*ominous music in the background becoming gradually louder*

*opens Codex*

Scout Sergeant gets the same basic gear as the rest of his squad - Armour, pistol, grenades and either a bolter, chainsword or shotgun....... :D

Capt. S

Look forward to me being complete by end of next week - barring earthquakes/war/plague or RL ;)

Already planning the Vow part 2. :D

Okay then, here goes:

I Gillyfish answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete a 5 man scout squad with Heavy Bolter and a Land Raider from Codex: Dark Angels of total value 345pts on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Unforgiven (and the Inner Circle) and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end.

Right, I better get painting!

I, Grand Master Belial, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete:

5-man Dev Squad (2LC & 2HB) - 220 pts

5-man Dev Squad (2PC, MM, ML) - 215 pts

5-man Scout Squad (Close combat) - 95 pts

5-man Scout Squad (Sniper) - 105 pts

1 Ravenwing Attack Squadron - 400 pts

from Codex: Dark Angels of total value 1035 Points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Unforgiven and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end.

E TENEBRAE LUX – JUNE 15TH UPDATE

http://www.fortressoftheunforgiven.com/DA_Challenge_End_of_Time.jpg

+++ IN THE GRIM DARKNESS OF THE FAR FUTURE THERE IS ONLY WAR+++

E TENEBRAE LUX has just completed its first month in what can only be described as a resounding success. With almost 300 participants and more than 165k points pledged so far between all forums this is a moment for all of us to feel proud! Congratulations to every one for your commitment and enthusiasm! Now the number of participants is fixed, the teams for each forum are formed and those that have committed carry the responsibility to drive their faction to new heights of glory and honor! Remember that from now on NO NEW ENTRANTS AND NO MODIFICATIONS TO SUBMITTED VOWS ARE ALLOWED!

So the initial enthusiasm must now gradually give way to reflection and longer term planning so that each forum maximizes their chances to come on top. Some forums (BTs, BAs & SWs) have already threads in place that discuss the recruitment phase; now these same threads could continue to serve as Strategiums where each forum will be discussing their strategy, allocate specific tasks to team members and share intelligence from other forums strategies and progress. I strongly recommend that all forums utilize such methods as not only they’ll help on a practical level – they also help to maintain moral and ongoing drive in what is essentially a marathon – not a sprint!

To be a bit more specific, here is the situation as it stands now in the form of the familiar table of the previous weekly updates:

E TENEBRAE LUX – JUNE 15TH
Black Templars 53 64 29,911 467
Blood Angels 46 51 26,997 529
Dark Angels 65 69 36,102 523
Codex Space Marines 47 49 30,309 619
Space Wolves 36 40 25,654 641
Chaos 36 39 13,819 354
Ordos Inquisition 13 17 5,061 298
Total 296 329 167,833 510
Index Astartes 23 24 13,267 553
Liber Astartes 13 14 9,663 690
Ultramarines 11 11 7,379 671

From the table above one can easily see the relative sizes of the teams for each forum. However the number of participants is only one parameter for the final success. The commitment of the various forums will now be reflected in the size of the average vow (as new vows will be coming in) and of course the completion rate, i.e. what percentage of the pledged points that are completed! These two metrics will be crucial as people will be able to decide on what sort of size of new vows they should be aiming and how far behind (or ahead) each forum is in achieving its maximum potential! This is going to be interesting as there are no constants! Both the number of vows and the number of points are variables so get ready for a lot of fun!!!

In order to monitor the situation better, and since the number of participants is now fixed, I’m going to introduce a new table in the weekly updates (next one will be coming in next Monday or Tuesday) the format of which can be seen below:

E TENEBRAE LUX – JUNE 15TH
Black Templars 64 29,911 467 3,821 13%
Blood Angels 51 26,977 529 2,925 11%
Dark Angels 69 36,102 523 755 2%
Codex Space Marines 49 30,309 619 220 1%
Space Wolves 40 25,654 641 3,078 12%
Chaos 39 13,819 354 2,116 15%
Ordos Inquisition 17 5,061 298 1,563 31%
Total 329 167,833 510 14,478 9%
Index Astartes 24 13,267 553 85 1%
Liber Astartes 14 9,663 690 135 1%
Ultramarines 11 7,379 671 0 0%

So now the average vow and the overall completion rate will be visible each week. Furthermore the first page table will be updated frequently (the aim here is to have at least one daily update) so people can see completions and calculate rates on their between the “official” weekly updates.

Comments:

The Dark Angels appear to be in a good position. They have the largest team which certainly gives considerably more options especially as the Challenge progresses. Their average vow is slightly above the average of the ETL denoting that they are not overly reliant on few super-vows adding to their flexible outlook. This combined with the highest amount of pledged points puts the DAs among the favorites to win. Where they obviously lag at the moment is completions as their completion ratio is a meager 2%. Given the early phase of the Challenge this is not too worrying... yet!

The Wolves present the opposite picture. The second lowest participation (AT PAR WITH Chaos) and the highest average vow mean a high reliance on super-vows and makes for an unstable mix in the long run. This means that a few braves will have to tirelessly continue to vow even after their first (huge) vows are completed! The fairly high completion rate of 12% this early in the challenge also underlines the effect of the high point average vows... Do they have the stamina to keep going? Well, if not the Wolves then who?

Blood Angels have made a very decent appearance. With 46 participants and an average vow of close to the competition average they are excellently positioned to make a serious attempt for victory. They have a relatively high completion rate for this stage of the Challenge of 11% which means they are a formidable opponent. Add to that their legacy as the painting forum (twice LPC Champions is not to be taken lightly) and you have a solid contestant for the Champion title! Well done guys!

Black Templars went crazy. Let me explain: They have the second highest number of participants (53) of which 22(!) pledged a vow after last Tuesday’s weekly update. These are the most vows added in a single week by any forum, and it was not even a full week – rather 3.5 days is more like it... And that’s not all. They have managed the most completions (some of them are in their 5th vow already) and have a respectable completion rate already at 13%. Their average vow is lower than the average though which means they will have at some point to pledge more, Emperor’s Champions alone won’t cut it...

Codex Forums are a strange mix. Their total participants match those of the BAs which is very encouraging but their average vow is significantly higher than the Challenge average – that means many participants and many with high value vows as opposed to the Wolves that have few participants with high value vows. As a result, at present, the Codex forums have the second highest points value pledged. This is going to be the most interesting faction to watch because it can go both ways: either people get tired of their large vows and lose momentum, or their high participation will kick in and win the day! Hmmm... We just have to wait and see.

Chaos made some last minute additions but the bottom line is they are few (at par with the Wolves) and with a very low average vow. Frankly they will have to do something if they want to challenge the title of the Champion. And since bring in more participants is no longer an option they’ll have to significantly raise the value of their vows... If rumors of an imminent new Chaos Codex prove correct it might be the catalyst they’ll require to really get their engines going!

Ordos Inquisition is the outsider. They are few but they are committed! They currently sport the highest completion rate with an astounding 31%! They sure are a source of inspiration for all! Keep it up guys!

The Mechanicum declined the challenge altogether.

So remember: NO MORE NEW ENTRANTS, NO MORE MODIFICATIONS ON VOWS!

So until the next weekly update, farewell and good luck to all!

Damn another weekly update....and im lazy!

No more modifications of vows means as well no further vows should i be done before 15th august?

I drive to a nearby art supply shop 2morrow, need some brushes and colour shapers(GSing)..so when my order arrives next week i can really start, no more excuses then! :)

Btw, i like your writing style....very 40k-ish sports tv! :(

No more modifications of vows means as well no further vows should i be done before 15th august?

I drive to a nearby art supply shop 2morrow, need some brushes and colour shapers(GSing)..so when my order arrives next week i can really start, no more excuses then! :)

Btw, i like your writing style....very 40k-ish sports tv! :(

BC Nemiel, it's improtant to remember that there will be no mor NEW VOWS or Modification of any of the Vows already in place. From now on the battle is to complete your vows early and then you have the right to make a second Vow. It is important tor emember that.

So the fasteer you finish your current vow the more second third and foruth vows you can pledge which is the only way to increase contributions at this time.

SG

Sitting on the bench and trying to decide if I would be able to get anything done, deciding to go for it on the last day, getting home from work and logging onto my computer to find no more entrants allowed ...

Figures.

Any chance I could squeeze in? :(

Btw, i like your writing style....very 40k-ish sports tv! :)

Do not blame yourself for lazyness, this was not a proper weekly update, but an exceptional update to denote the closing of doors to new entrants!

This means you can make as many new vows as you wish provided your first vow was in before the deadline of June 15. Which in your case it was, so you're fine. Remember though you MUST finish your previous vow before you pledge a new one. Oh, an if you fail in you second or subsequent vow then ALL your previously completed vows are nullified - So be extra confident if you start on a new vow - there is a lot to lose if you fail!

Glad you like the writing style - you'll be getting it every week ;)

“I, Zebukkuk, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete a Deathwing Terminator Squad with Godwyn-pattern Land Raider from Codex: Dark Angels of total value 515 on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Dark Angels Chapter and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end.”

Any chance I could squeeze in? ;)

“I, Zebukkuk, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete a Deathwing Terminator Squad with Godwyn-pattern Land Raider from Codex: Dark Angels of total value 515 on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Dark Angels Chapter and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end.”

Sorry guys, the recruitment period expired on June 15th @ 22:00 GMT... see here:

IMPORTANT STUFF

Timing of the event:

E TENEBRAE LUX opening: May 15th

Vow submission period: May 15th until June 15th at 22:00 GMT

E TENEBRAE LUX ending: August 15 at 22:00 GMT.

So remember: NO MORE NEW ENTRANTS, NO MORE MODIFICATIONS ON VOWS!

If you want you can follow the event with out-of-competition entries as will I...

Capt S.: My sympathies to you as you are so busy organising/updating all this ETL stuff and the pressure seems to be telling - don't panic about the first Legion as we start slow but come through in the end as the LPC proved.

To make you a little calmer: I have just added to my ETL wip my vow p2 but it won't be "official" until p1 is complete but it lets you know what I am planning :D

Capt S.: My sympathies to you as you are so busy organising/updating all this ETL stuff and the pressure seems to be telling - don't panic about the first Legion as we start slow but come through in the end as the LPC proved.

To make you a little calmer: I have just added to my ETL wip my vow p2 but it won't be "official" until p1 is complete but it lets you know what I am planning ;)

Pressure?... Panic? Let me look up the words, my English is failing me here... ;)

However we do need to catch up somewhat. Right now completion rates of BTs, BAs, SWs and Chaos range between 11-15% whereas we only have 2%. If we want to be at par with the competition we need a good 3,000 points more completed by now. Given our numerical advantage, we only need similar average performance to the competition and we have ETL wrapped up! But we need to keep up.

It's good to see you have another vow ready to launch, keeps morale high doesn't it? ;)

It's good to see you have another vow ready to launch, keeps morale high doesn't it? :)

Yours or mine? ;)

Two things Cap,

1. Fear not although there's been a lack of updates my Contempter and Azrael and pretty much done, possibly will be finished by next weekend, leaving the two vet sqds and Razors all blacked out, waiting on colour.

2. Since I've already vowed several HQs, do I need to vow another one if I wish to do a command sqd?

Cheers,

Jono

Archived