+++E Tenebrae Lux+++

Captain Semper

I, Pueri ex Deus, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete one Ravenwing Command Squad with an Apothecary, Standard Bearer, and an Attack Bike. The Command Squad will be outfitted as: Sgt PF/MB's, 2X PG's, and MM AB. For a total of 285 points. I further vow to complete one Ravenwing Attack Squadron of six bikes, SGT PF/MB's, 2X MG's an Attack Bike w/MM, and a Landspeeder Tornado w/ ASSCannon/HB, for a total of 420 points, from Codex: Dark Angels of total value 770 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Dark Angels and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end.

That's great guys - keep the vows coming! I've made tables to keep track the progress for the BTs and the BAs (they are in the first post of the ETL thread in their respective forums under the rules section) and I'll soon do the same for everybody else...tomorrow. I'm knackered now... Tables look cool but they are a devil to put together. ;)

I JeffJedi answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete a Devastator Squad from Codex: Dark Angels of total value 305 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Dark Angels and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end.

10 man Devastator squad with 4 Lascannon

OK guys - in the first post there is now a table(!) that is a snapshot of the overall situation of the DA forum. Please check your vows and let me know if there is any mistakes so I can fix them - tables are a difficult bussiness to master ;)

Names are in alphabetical order and the table is updated up to this point. Keep your vows coming guys! ;)

“I Evil Eyeball answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete One Ravenwing Assault Squadron and one Samael Master of the Ravenwing on Jetbike in Finecast from Codex: Dark Angels of total value 630 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to The Dark angels and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

Breakdown of points

3 Bikes base 120

3 extra bikes 100

1 Attack bike 50

1 Powerfist for Sargent 25

2 Plasma gun 30

1 Apothecary Upgrade 15

1 Standard Bearer Upgrade 25

Samael On Jetbike 205

(All will be magnetized for easy weapon swapping)

Greeting fellow brothers of the Dark Angels. I'm new to all this LPC vow stuff and was about to undertake a massive DA painting project of my own any way, so I felt I should show my support at the same time.

How does this all work in terms of state of models before the challenge as I have several models undercoated or basecoated with DA green but nothing else in terms of painting.

If this is OK for the start of this vow then I plan to make a hefty one in order to support our cause

Greeting fellow brothers of the Dark Angels. I'm new to all this LPC vow stuff and was about to undertake a massive DA painting project of my own any way, so I felt I should show my support at the same time.

How does this all work in terms of state of models before the challenge as I have several models undercoated or basecoated with DA green but nothing else in terms of painting.

If this is OK for the start of this vow then I plan to make a hefty one in order to support our cause

"minis unpainted or primed or in very early stages of painting" - from the OP....I think you should be fine if you only have a few models basecoated

Welcome :P

"minis unpainted or primed or in very early stages of painting" - from the OP....I think you should be fine if you only have a few models basecoated

Welcome :P

That is correct. Provided the minis are in very early stage of painting it's fine.

A word of advice: If you have tons of stuff to paint, pledge them gradually in smaller segments. Keep in mind that in this Challenge you may make another vow after you complete the first one. That way if you feel you run out of steam you might call it and still have a positive contribution. Just a thought - it's really up to you! :)

Little bit risky as I haven't taken delivery yet:

I BigGumbo answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete two Deimos Predator Executioners (with Heavy Bolter sponsons) and one Land Speeder Tempest from Codex: Dark Angels of total value 420 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Dark Angels Legion and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end.

Link to WIP here

(Link edited as WIP now on the main DA forum)

“I Tanhausen answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete Venerable Dreadnought from Codex: Dark Angels of total value 165 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Dark Angles Chapter and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

Venerable Dreadnought, with extra armour, plasma cannon and heavy flamer.

Will probably expand later on...but this WILL be done :) Humble in points, huge in task, as I pretend to do the best job I can, not just TT

I, stuka06, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete a Landraider, a Terminator Chaplain and finish a Deathwing Terminator Squad from Codex: Dark Angels of total value 630 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Dark Angles Chapter and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

I started with most miniatures, so I am quite ahead on this vow. I took a picture.

I will prime the Landraider again. But the other stuff, not so much ;) One of the Terminators is even done (not pictured but posted)

Since I have a massive headstart, a plea to the mods: "Please deduct points as you see fit"

/edit: Well using matching BBC-Tags really seems too much like a "sensible" option.

Hey Stuka nice to see you here! always in support of your brothers in green! ;)

There is some issue with the link - can you fix it?

EDIT:

1) Are you re-painting the LR? Like completely? If that's the case full points there.

2) For the Termies you have 1 done, one half done and the rest are in early stages... I say each termie is 20% of the squad so you get 20% off for the complete one, 10% off for the half done one and full points for the rest. So work out the value of the squad and subtract 30%

3) The Int. Chaplain look pretty advanced (and pretty cool!) to me so 40% off?

Now you need to post your vow in the proper format and adjust the point values for the penalties above.

Let me know if you are OK with this.

“I Hezekiel answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete 1 tactical squad from Codex: Dark Angels of total value 205 on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Dark Angels and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

Tactical Squad = 90pts

Additional S.M = 75pts

V.S with plasma pistol = 15pts

One marine with plasma gun = 15pts

One marine with missile launcher = 10pts

Total = 205pts

- more will follow :)

I Master Gabriel Macleod answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete 2 Deathwing Squads and 3 Rhinos from the Codex: Dark Angels of total value of 695 pts on or before Aug. !5. Success will bring eternal glory to the Dark Angels and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end.

Deathwing/w Th/SS Cyclone ML= 235pts

Deathwing/w Sgt/wStorm Bolter/power weapons; Assault cannon/w Chainfist; 3/w Storm bolter and power fist 250pts

3 Rhinos/ w two storm bolter, Hunter Killer missile, extra armour. 210pts

Good to see the LPC veterans returning! Good luck with your vow Hezekiel - The first Legion will remain unbeaten!

Master Gabriel, will you add some flavor on the loadout of your squad? How will they make 300?

“I, Grotsmasha, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete:

1 x Mortis pattern Contemptor Dreadnaught

=> 2 x Twin-Linked Lascannons

=> 1 x Cyclone Missile Launcher

1 x Supreme Grand Master Azrael

1 x Interrogator-Chaplain in PA (Asmodai)

TOTAL POINTS: 580

from Codex: Dark Angels on or before August 15, 2012. Success will bring eternal glory to the Sons of the Lion, and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end.”

And here is my starting pictures,

gallery_48988_7152_713443.jpg

Should my FW order ever arrive I intend on adding two Tactical Squads to my vow.

Cheers, and good luck to all entrants, For The Lion !!!!!

Jono

Good to see the LPC veterans returning! Good luck with your vow Hezekiel - The first Legion will remain unbeaten!

Master Gabriel, will you add some flavor on the loadout of your squad? How will they make 300?

I shall make them 300pts by the following:

Sarge/w plasma pistol, power sword and melta bomb

Assault Marines (2) plasma pistols and CCW, (7) bolt pistols amd CCW.

I TmdRemm answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete one chaplain and a 5 man tactical squad, with power fist and melta gun, from Codex: Dark Angels of total value 225 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Dark Angels and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end

I've worked out a small chunk (and a really is a small chunk) of my forces to paint for my first vow so without further ado.

I Koraath, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete: two Tactical squads, one deathwing squad with heavy flamer, one land speeder tempest, one ravenwing land speeder with assault cannon and heavy bolter, three ravenwing bikers and one thunderhawk with turbolaser from Codex: Dark Angels for a total of 1910pts on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Dark Angels and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end

“I Wayward, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete a Land Radier Crusader from Codex: Dark Angels of total value of 270 pts. on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the DARK ANGELS and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

I skink answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete a Whirlwind with Dozerblade from Codex: Dark Angels of total value 90 on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Dark Angels and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end.

There is plenty more on the painting table, but slow and steady will win this race...

Archived