+++E Tenebrae Lux+++

Captain Semper

I SnaRf.za answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete an upgraded Terminator squad from Codex: Dark Angels of total value 290 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end

I SnaRf.za answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete an upgraded Terminator squad from Codex: Dark Angels of total value 290 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end

That's great Snarf.za - your vow is in and front table is updated. But it'll be great if you give us some more flavor on the squad load-out. Just to have an idea what you have in store for us! :cuss

Just thought I'd point out that I was just scrolling through the other forum's E TENEBREA LUX threads, and as of the last time Cap Semper updated their tables (not sure when that was), we currently have both the most vows and the largest vows.

--BoR

That's true. BUT it's early on - only three and a half days of vow submissions so far and we do have until June 15th for the competing teams to crystalise. Expect some close fought battles here. And also remember: vowing and completing are two different things :drool: Also there will be a lot of tension up to the last minute as subsequent unfinished vows in the end of the Challenge nullify whatever other succeses one had throughout the period. This is going to be volatile guys - so stay true to the Lion to the end! ;)

Extremely proud to be a part of this forum, seeing the energy with which our unforgiven brethren are embracing this contest. Captain Semper has indeed done very well getting this to a great start. One week in to the vows we appear to be in the lead but remember the twists this event has. All anyone needs to do is to vow a small sized vow and after the 15th of June and once they complete it they can vow larger ones in increments if they wish... so progressively increasing their commitment...

I expect the wolves, templars and the other angels to have some surprises hidden for us!!

Be aware! Be ready! B prepared! For the Lion and the Legion!

SG

I was away last week and missed the start, I'll make a vow once I figure out the best use of my time and how I can incorporate my current projects into the ETL rules.

As most of my current stuff are repaints it will be difficult but something will happen I promise.

s

I Cactus answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete a contemptor dreadnought with kheres assault cannon and heavy flamer) from Codex: Dark Angels of total value 200pts on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Consecrators and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end.

I Areyoucrazee answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete:

-Predator w/Autocannon, Heavy Bolters and Extra Armour

-Land Raider Crusader w/ Extra Armour

-Librarian

-Belial, Master of the Deathwing

-Terminator Interrogator Chaplain

-10 Deathwing Terminators w/ 6 Storm Shield/Thunder Hammers, 2 Lightning Claws, 1 Cyclone Missile Launcer, and 1 Assault Cannon

-Dreadnought w/Lascannon and DCCW

from Codex: Dark Angels of total value of 1395 on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Dark Angels of the 5th Company and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end.

Just ordered the Termy Chaplain and Librarian today, can't wait to paint them ;)

This is my first real post aside from creeping about pbenners awesome dice commitment thread. FOR THE LION!!!

"I Farfromsam answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete a Venerable Dreadnought from Codex: Dark Angels of total value 145 on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to Dark angels Legion and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

I Captain Sox answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete one 10 man Devastator Squad from Codex: Dark Angels of total value 280 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to The Redeemers and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end. This Squad will consist of 4 Plasma Cannons and a Sergeant with a plasma pistol.

Pics to come.

It's good to see the LPC veterans returning to the front line...

@ Stobz: I have every faith in you. Nothing stands in the way of Stobz! :D

@ Cactus: Good luck mate! You know I have a fetish for Contemptors, right? :lol:

...and new blood also joining the fray:

@ Areyoucrazee: What a vow! Strong entrance there - Good luck!

@ farfromsam: thanks for joining mate, good luck with your dread!

@ Captain Sox (you are not new blood per se - hahahahaha!): That's the spirit! Plasma overkill!!! ;)

First post updated!

@ Cactus: Good luck mate! You know I have a fetish for Contemptors, right? :lol:

I did spot one or two in your Consecrators thread! ;) After assembling mine yesterday I can totally understand why. I already want to get a second one!

E TENEBRAE LUX – 1st WEEK UPDATE

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/DA_Challenge_vs_DA.jpg

This is the first weekly update of the ETL Challenge. In this update (and the ones that will follow) I’ll try to compile the overall picture of the ETL and how it’s developing so all can have a quick understanding of the overall situation. So with no further ado and as at 16:00 GMT here’s the situation:

E TENEBRAE LUX – WEEK 1
Black Templars 18 6,451 358
Blood Angels 17 5,878 347
Dark Angels 27 12,020 445
Index Astartes 8 2,075 259
Liber Astartes 3 1,325 442
Space Wolves 12 7,225 602
Ultramarines 5 1,994 399
Chaos 16 4,281 268
Ordos Inquisition 5 1,203 241
Total 111 42,472 383
- - - -
Codex Space Marines 16 5,394 337

Some early comments:

The Dark Angels have the highest number of vows and the highest point-count with significant difference from the second (currently the Wolves). This raises the stakes for the competition. Obviously it’s completed points that will win the day but number of participants also carries significant weight to achieve that. So people need to flock to their favorite forums/Chapters and pledge vows – it’s still early on, everything can change!

The Wolves have highest points/vow ratio and currently they are second in total points pledged. That means that those committed have done so with big vows (in true Wolfish manner), which also entails big risks. It also means that if they maintain their average at 600 they’ll require another 8 participants to reach the pledged points of the DAs (assuming no more DAs submit vows – yeah right!)

Black Templars mean serious business. With fairly high points/vow ratio and some serious commitment they have managed a very respectable 3rd place for far. Look forward to see what else they have stored for us – one has to remember their strong performance in the LPC to realize they are a force to be reckoned with! Well done guys (so far :tu:).

Blood Angels are also strong in the game with the third largest amount of vows. However their points/vow ratio is lower than the Templars and it shows on the total point count. But here we have the Champions of two consecutive LPC’s and a Chapter known for its artistic inclination – so I think there are some Aces in their sleeves yet. What they basically lack is a couple of hefty vows (close or above the 1,000pts mark) to tip the balance.

Chaos is also putting up a fight with 16 participants but they also lack a couple of super vows (something close to 1,000 mark) to bring them at par with the other forums. As it happens is has lowest points/vow ratio among the big players.

Codex Space Marines forums are showing a significant lack of vows among them although from what I’ve seen there is no lack of talent. LA sports a fairly high points/vow ratio but with only 3 vows so far it can be misleading. On the other hand if all the C:SM forums were put together as one the picture would be much more competitive: 5,394pts and 16 vows between them – they are certainly not far from the other forums. Hmmmmmm… see where I’m going with this? ;)

Ordos Inquisiton has an aura of heroism about it. Only 5 vows but very brave to face the challenge of the other mega-forums! Kudos to you purest of soul! You make all of us proud!

Before I conclude this first update I need to make a special mention to the two participants that already completed their vows, namely ZAChos from Index Astartes and Yogi from the Chaos forum. Furthermore ZAChos renewed his vow making him the first participant to raise the stakes! Congrats to both of you guys [but ZAChos is still in the game – so be careful mate! ;)]

Well done brothers quick question there for captain, Is this challenge only for the "Pater Familias" the Dark Angels, and the "known" successors? or are DIY successors of the DA allowed?

Edited for spelling

Do you want ME of all people to exclude Successors? :lol:

Seriously though, the painting is up to you. What proves allegiance (DA, BA, BT, etc) is which Codex you use to "buy" your unit from. So if your unit is chosen from the DAs Codex with the points cost depicted in the DA codex then yours is a DA entry. Paint them what you like, they are DAs. Hope this clarifies it for you?

If not drop me a PM and we can discuss the mechanics of the Challenge further. :)

Sweet!! well count me in but Im going to start slow being my first time and all say 1 deathwing assault squad for my DIY The Bulwark Legion. sooo

I, whiteraven17708 answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete one 5 man Deathwing Assault Squad from Codex: Dark Angels of total value 215 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to The Bulwark Legion and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end. This Squad will consist of Magnetized Lighting claws and thunder hammers/shields

so I havnt painted anything in awhile and to be totally honest they are still in the plastic, the color scheme is still just a "idea" think Angels of Absolution + Disciples of Caliban, kinda, oh and did I mention that Ive never magnetized anything before?

@ Whiteraven: Sorry mate - no points for magentized bits. You can only pledge a single loadout configuration. Choose the one you want (most expensive sounds nice but it's up to you) and vow for it! :)

EDIT: just remembered there are no additional points for termie c/c weapons right? Don't have the Codex handy. Confirm this is correct and I'll update your vow!

EDIT 2: I udated the front table including your vow because I think you got it right... Let me know if this is not the case - Good luck!

@ Evil eyeball: Wait a minute... Do you mean the one the Wolves let him get away? Is that the one? You know the one that the Wolves had A SIMPLE ORDER to get him? But they didn't? hahahahaha!!!

You know the one that the Wolves had A SIMPLE ORDER to get him? But they didn't? hahahahaha!!!

The emperor had planted a stick to the pants of Magnus, so by fetching the stick they would fetch him too.But fate (or Tzeentch) intervened and the stick was lost somewhere withing Prospero. Infuriated the SW burned the world to the ground till inside a pyramid the stick glowed in unearthly glory.Thus did Russ fetched the emperor only the stick.

It is all written down in the books kept by the highlords after their establishment. The executioner rumors are untrue. They were the emperors pets but that has been stricken from the records as unbecoming of space marines.

Not for this Asmodai, he's part of my collection of oop metal characters (I'm trying to get everything from now back to 2nd ed.) for display purposes, to teach me better skills, I'd like to do commissions in the future. I have a plastic version of Asmodai I'm working on, I'll throw a PP on him and add him to my second round.

Cheers,

Jono

Ok, since I am very slow to reread my old posts I will now post a proper vow with an accurate point break down.

To explain, here is my original post and Cptn. Sempers .

I, stuka06, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete a Landraider, a Terminator Chaplain and finish a Deathwing Terminator Squad from Codex: Dark Angels of total value 511 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Dark Angles Chapter and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end

Landraider with a pintlemounted Stormbolter and a Hunter-Killer Missile = 270

Absolutionpriest wearing a Terminator Armor (partly prepainted) = 87

Deathwing Terminator Squad with one Chainfist (partly prepainted) =154

I hope that the Captain can use this one...

Name him an interrogator chaplain and leave him at that then.It would be a little unfair considering the competision is WYSIWYG.

As far as the comp is concerned, he's listed as an Interrogator Chaplain, I was clarifying with Captain Semper if the holsted pistol could be a plasma and still meet WYSIWYG, he is modelled with a pistol. I guess I could paint the holster a dark blue with lighter piping to represent the plasma? Would that help?

Cheers,

Jono

Archived