+++E Tenebrae Lux+++

Captain Semper

Sure Jono. I don't won't you to spoil the mini just to comply. A holstered pistol is WYSIWYG enough. If you can do something to drive the message home it'll be great. If not, a holstered pistol will have to do. It's legal.

@ farfromsam: Looks great! Just finishing touches remainig! Well done :angry:

@ Master Gabriel Macleod: Your vow is updted.

BROTHERS, THE WOLVES AND THE BLACK TEMPLARS ARE CLOSING THE DISTANCE. TIME TO TAKE THE HEAVEN BLADES FROM THE ARMOURY AND COMMIT TO THE CAUSE!

we currently have almost 13k worth of vows. Can we take it to 20k before June 15th? And can we do that through new warriors joining the ranks? I call upon the veterans of the LPC-12 that have yet to commit, upon the new blood, upon the full resources of the Unforgiven! Come forward brothers - don't let the Wolf take the lead on this challenge - such a shame is more than we can bear! To the brushes!

“I badguyshaveallthefun answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete 1 Sammael, 3 attack bikes, 2 predators with autocannons/lascannons, 3 Land Speeder Typhoons, 4 5-man tactical squads w/power fist and melta gun, 2 Razorbacks w/heavy bolter, 2 Razorbacks w/ twin-linked lascannons and a company master w/ storm bolter and power sword from Codex: Dark Angels of total value 1750 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Dark Angels and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

This should be fun!

It certainly will! Excellent vow there badguyshaveallthefun - the important thing now is to deliver! ;)

So, any more takers? The weekly update on Monady will be a nasty surprise I tell you - unless we mobilize! :D

I don't know how you do this Captain, but somehow you managed to draw a long time lurker back in to the boards. I'll start with a small vow:

I, DucAvieux, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete a Company Master with a Storm Bolter and a Power Sword from Codex: Dark Angels of total value 120 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the First Legion and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end.

I Brother Sergeant Luther answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete a seven man squad of Veterans (Veteran Sergeant:Power Weapon with Storm Shield, 2x Veterans with Power Weapon, 1x Veteran with Combat Shield and Power Weapon, 1x Veteran with Power Weapon Storm Shield, 1x Veteran with Plasma Cannon and 1x Veteran with Plasma Pistol and Storm Shield for 285 Points), Belial (for 130 points), Interrogator Chaplain in Terminator Armour(for 145 points) and a five man squad of Devastators (Sergeant with Plasma Pistol and Power fist, 2x Marines with Lascannons, 1x Marine with Multi-Melta and 1x Marine with Missile Launcher for 235 points) from Codex: Dark Angels of total value of 795 on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to [insert Chapter/Legion/Warband] and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end

Quick question there Captain Semper:

I'm currently in the middle of painting my attack bikes, they're mostly done I just have to finish the gunners and their weapons; can they count? For the purposes of this vow do the models have to start "bare metal"? I'm also in the same boat with the Landspeeders; the speeders themselves have been done for about 8 months, I just haven't painted the upper torsos of the crew yet (I left them out so they'd be easier to paint) can they count?

While I'm at it, I'll add extra armor and dozer blades to the razorbacks, and hunter-killer missles to the predators, increasing the size of my vow to 1860 points.

Well done getting a long-time lurker to come out of hiding!

I'm currently in the middle of painting my attack bikes, they're mostly done I just have to finish the gunners and their weapons; can they count? For the purposes of this vow do the models have to start "bare metal"? I'm also in the same boat with the Landspeeders; the speeders themselves have been done for about 8 months, I just haven't painted the upper torsos of the crew yet (I left them out so they'd be easier to paint) can they count?

While I'm at it, I'll add extra armor and dozer blades to the razorbacks, and hunter-killer missles to the predators, increasing the size of my vow to 1860 points.

Well, the rules state that the minis should be unpainted or primed or in early stages of painting. As you describe them, your units are in the final stages of painting. So I'd have to say no. Sorry. Were they already included in your vow? If so you need to edit them out and recalculate the point values. If not (if you intended to add them to your vow now) no harm done.

Let me know either way.

Regarding the extra armour and dozer blades and hunter-killers they are all absolutely legit provided you are painting the whole tank(s) - not just the upgrades. :P Oh, and they have to be WYSIWYG. ;)

Well, the rules state that the minis should be unpainted or primed or in early stages of painting. As you describe them, your units are in the final stages of painting. So I'd have to say no. Sorry. Were they already included in your vow? If so you need to edit them out and recalculate the point values. If not (if you intended to add them to your vow now) no harm done.

Let me know either way.

Regarding the extra armour and dozer blades and hunter-killers they are all absolutely legit provided you are painting the whole tank(s) - not just the upgrades. :P Oh, and they have to be WYSIWYG. ;)

It's only the landspeeders and the attacks bikes that are in the final stages now, so I will edit them out of the vow. The tanks will be WYSIWYG, don't worry.

So, recalculating my vow it comes to:

1 Company Master w/ power sword and storm bolter, 4 razorbacks w/ 2 heavy bolter 2 lascannon 4 extra armor 4 dozerblades, 4 5-man tac squads w/4 melta guns 4 power fists, 2 predator w/ autocannon/lascannon 2 hunter-killers, and Sammael on speeder.

Total vow: 1485

“I Flint&steel answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete 2 landspeeders and a dreadnought from Codex: Dark Angels of total value 285 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to The Dark Angels and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

2 tornados and a dread with plasma/missles coming up... somewhere next month!!! ;)

Captain Semper:

I've updated my post on page one, however will update here to to save the searching:

I LokisSword answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete:

365 pts - Predator - Lascannon, Lascannon Sponsons, Pintle Storm Bolter and Huterkiller Missile

180 pts - 10 man Tactical Squad, Missile Launcher, Flamer, Pistol & Powerfist Sarge

125 pts - Dreadnought - Multimelta, DCCW & Stormbolter

225 pts - 5 Deathwing Sarge - PS&SB, SB&CF, SB&PF, SB&PF, HF&PF

255 pts - 5 Deathwing Sarge - PS&SB, SB&CF, SB&PF, SB&CF, AC&PF

Total: 1150 pts

From Codex: Dark Angels of total value 1150 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to "The Unforgiven", the Dark Angels and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end.

LokisSword's ETL Vow Progress...

Cheers,

Alex

It is possible. But some of the vows that require corrections in points or in things pledged (i.e. not "legal" units, wrong loadouts etc). I certainly will have them after June 15th though.

But I like to keep something back to make my Weekly Updates a bit more interesting... Or earlier... ;)

If the vow is complete before the deadline (15th of august), but after the vow-deadline (15 of June), you can add another vow, correct? I mean, that's how I am reading the rules.

If so, I'll probably add another terminator squad and 2 razorbacks after July 15th or somewhere.

edit: Whith a few ifs, maybes and perhapses. I'll see what I will do when I get there ! :D

If the vow is complete before the deadline (15th of august), but after the vow-deadline (15 of June), you can add another vow, correct? I mean, that's how I am reading the rules.

Dead right!

If so, I'll probably add another terminator squad and 2 razorbacks after July 15th or somewhere.

edit: Whith a few ifs, maybes and perhapses. I'll see what I will do when I get there ! :D

By all means! The real competition starts after the 15th - up to that point the teams take shape but after June 15th the gates are closed! Those that are in, are in and those that did not comit have to stay on the bench and watch! But keep in mind, you have to finish your previous vow before you comit to the next! And if you fail in your second or subsequent vows then ALL your previous successful vows are nullified. So make sure you are confident when you make a new vow! :P

E TENEBRAE LUX – 2nd WEEK UPDATE

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/DA_Challenge_vs_DA.jpg

E TENEBRAE LUX – WEEK 2
Black Templars 24 10,931 455
Blood Angels 26 12,279 472
Dark Angels 33 16,991 515
Index Astartes 16 6,655 416
Liber Astartes 7 5,043 720
Space Wolves 19 12,731 637
Ultramarines 6 2,709 452
Chaos 19 5,625 296
Ordos Inquisition 6 1,633 272
Total 156 74,597 478
- - - -
Codex Space Marines 29 14,407 497

Comments:

The Dark Angels retain the highest number of vows and the highest point-count however the difference with the rest of the forums has narrowed. Still Dark Angels retain a fairly high points/vow ratio but it is evident that their leading position is challenged from all fronts. The Dark Angels increased their point-count by 30% in the week (5.0k pts).

The Wolves made an impressive effort last week keeping the second position in terms of pledged points increasing last week’s levels by 43% (5.5k pts). They also retain one of the highest points/vow that increased even more compared to last week. This is mainly because of the relatively high density of super-vows (>1,000pts). It appears that the Wolves have an affinity for entering high value vows and they are also very vocal about it! It seems to be a genetic thing... Maybe something that should be looked into?

Blood Angels are the heroes of this week. From a fairly weak position (4th or 5th if we count the Codex Astartes forums together) they climbed to third place overtaking the Black Templars and only a handful of points separating them from the Wolves (around 450pts where the average vow is 470 – so just a vow away from second place). Congratulations guys – the Angels of Blood showed resilience that I guess is a signature trait... Well done. Just to get the measure of effort the Blood Angels increased their pledged points by more than 52% on the week adding 6.4k points the biggest addition of any single forum!

Black Templars continue with their systematic approach to the challenge staying in touch with the top positions but slipping to 4th place with a good 1.3k points behind the Blood Angels. Given their average points/vow it means that, roughly, at this stage they are 3 vows behind... Certainly an easy to cover distance if they don’t slip further -or indeed if the Blood Angels don’t take-off. Still they managed to increase their point count by 41% on the week but adding only 4.4k points. Sorry guys – you need to step-up the effort!

Index Astartes and Liber Astartes are doing a fantastic job! They have increased their vows by 69% and 74%(!) over the week and also increased their points/vow ratio to 416 (from 259) and to 720 (from 442) respectively. However, individually they have a fairly low number of participants (pledged vows). If new blood comes in with vows close the current averages I wouldn’t be surprised to see a change in the top three positions – and a nasty surprise to the “traditional” powers! So guys don’t hold back! Go Liber! …and Index ;)

Ultramarines are really lagging. They only added 1 vow in the past week and total points pledged are the second lowest. However the points/vow seems to be at par with the leading forums so again we have lack of numbers not commitment! Someone needs to explain this to me. How come Ultramarines lag in numbers? Seriously guys, pick up your brushes and stand by the XIII Legion!

However if one is to measure the relative weight of the C:SMs in the ranks of B&C one should look at the Codex Space Marines forums as one. In this case, after the second week, they are the 2nd (!) in points pledged; they increased their vows by 62% w-o-w adding a stunning 9k pts the largest addition among all forums and with more than 1.5k pts difference to the Wolves!!!

Chaos has two conflicting characteristics (well a million actually but I won’t go there right now :D) . in terms of vows its right there with the Wolves. In terms points/vow... VERY low!!! (less than 300). What Chaos lacks is a few super-vows (>1,000pts). Without them, their best chance is to wait for others to fail and keep renewing their own... Not a very sound strategy if the leading forum has currently pledged 3x the points you have. So more high-value entries should be the order of the day!

Ordos Inquisiton continue to try to purge the Galaxy on their own! A noble cause and something for all of us to aspire to! Good luck Brothers – continue upon your path of righteousness!

No Titans yet... :(

So now we enter week 3 of the competition. Good luck to all and remember: After June 15th NO NEW ENTRANTS will be allowed. The teams would be set! So take the vow now or stay on the bench to watch your Brothers fight it out!

Good luck to all!

EDIT NOTE:

Copied to Chaos Ascendant, sorry for confusion. ;)

Not fully grasp the rules... my bad

But who is the traitor here? The Fallen or those so called loyal?

I Daemon Smith answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete 5 Chaos Space Marine Terminators from Codex: Chaos Space Marines of a total value of 295pts on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Iron Warriors and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end.

I Captain Sox answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete one 10 man Devastator Squad from Codex: Dark Angels of total value 280 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to The Redeemers and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end. This Squad will consist of 4 Plasma Cannons and a Sergeant with a plasma pistol.

Pics to come.

Amended:

I Captain Sox answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete half of a Battle Company from Codex: Dark Angels. This will consist of:

1 10 man Tactical Squad with Plasma Gun, Plasma Cannon and Veteran Sergerant with Plasma Pistol, Melta Bombs and Powerfist: 240

1 10 man Tactical Squad with Plasma Gun, Plasma Cannon and Veteran Sergeant with Powerweapon and Plasma Pistol: 230

1 10 man Tactical Squad with Plasma Gun, Plasma Cannon and Veteran Sergeant with Powerweapon and Plasma Pistol: 230

1 10 man Assault Squad (no jump packs) with 2 Plasma Pistols, Sergeant with Plasma Pistol and Powerfist: 305

1 10 man Devastator Squad with 4 Plasma Cannons, and a Veteran Sergeant with Plasma Pistol: 280

A total points value of 1285 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to The Redeemers and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end.

Archived