+++E Tenebrae Lux+++

Captain Semper

I, Brother-Captain Sharp of the Angels of Retribution, hear the call of the Inner Circle and pledge in humility to complete one Land Raider Crusader with Extra Armor, one Deathwing Terminator Squad with Banner, Cyclone Missile Launcher, and Apothecary, and one Vindicator from Codex Dark Angels of total value 690 points on or before 227.012.M3. Success will honor the Sons of the Lion, while failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end.

E TENEBRAE LUX – 3rd WEEK UPDATE

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/DA_Challenge_vs_DA.jpg

Well, this is the conclusion of the third week of E TENEBRAE LUX! So far all forums combined have vowed in excess of 100k points between them with almost 200 participants so far. We’ve also seen some vows getting completed already, but it’s still very early in the challenge to draw any meaningful conclusions. Now that we enter the last week before the gates are closed I would like to alert people to that fact. So:

THIS IS THE LAST WEEK FOR NEW ENTRANTS! AFTER THAT THE TEAMS OF EACH FORUM WILL BE SET – NO NEW REINFORCEMENTS WILL BE ALLOWED!

This is very important guys. The more people each forum has in its arsenal the higher the chances of victory! Even if individual people complete tons of points, ultimately all of us have limitations stemming from real life obligations, money, and drive/morale reserves… And when one might think has done his bit for his faction after say, three vows and 1,200 points, another guy from another forum that has kept silent all this time might tip the balance with a single mini entry of 140 pts… :) Trust me, it will happen! :)

So join the ranks now while new entrants are still allowed, even with small vows – just to make sure you will be there when your Chapter/Legion/Warband calls for you!!!

Another significant topic I’d like to raise:

ALL THREE “CODEX: SPACE MARINE” SUB-FORUMS (IA, LA, UM) WILL BE TREATED AS ONE WHERE TOTAL POINTS ARE CONCERNED. IN EFFECT THEY WILL BECOME ONE FACTION FOR THE PURPOSES OF THIS CHALLENGE

How will this work? First of all let me say that each forum will retain its standalone identity and I will continue to monitor their progress individually. This way the relative weight of each C:SM sub-forum within the new structure will be immediately visible and honor will go where it’s due! The total points of each C:SM sub- forum will be added together in each weekly report (pretty much as is the case now) and it is this amount of points the other forums must compete against. In case they win, all participants that have completed their vows successfully from all three sub-forums will earn the right to carry the badge of the E TENEBRAE LUX Champion!

I believe this is the fairest way to show how strong the Codex: Space Marines is within the B&C community. It will also give a real fighting chance to IA, LA and UMs to win this – and probably increase participation! ;)

So with no further ado here are the 3rd Week standings:

E TENEBRAE LUX – WEEK 3
Black Templars 26 33 14,171 429
Blood Angels 33 35 16,736 478
Dark Angels 44 46 24,016 522
Codex Space Marines 36 37 19,822 551
Space Wolves 23 24 17,792 741
Chaos 25 26 8,097 311
Ordos Inquisition 11 13 4,146 319
Total 198 214 104,780 529
Index Astartes 17 18 7,430 413
Liber Astartes 9 9 6,438 715
Ultramarines 10 10 5,954 595

Please note that following the deadline of June 15th the above table will also start to show completed points per faction for easier track record. Until then the amount of completed points will be mentioned in each forum’s individual comment below:

Comments:

The Dark Angels retain first position in pledged vows for the 3rd week running, increasing their point-count by 30%. The most important feat though was the increase of vows vs. the second largest forum (Codex: Space Marines) from 4 last week to 9 this week. They also had the first couple of small completions totaling 235pts. So far Dark Angels appear to be in the best position overall: more vows, more total points, average point/vow! The latter is important as it shows that their effort is not overly reliant to super-vows but risk is more spread out.

The Wolves made an even more frantic effort in increasing their point total (+28% w-o-w) and a small amout of completions of 275. However they continue to suffer from relatively low numbers and this is reflected in their monstrous points/vow ratio of 741!!! The means their reliance to super-vows is high and unless they build up their numbers (more vows that is) they run a serious risk of running out of options in the final stages of the Challenge. So c’mon Space Wolves, bring in the full might of the Rout before it’s too late! Remember: one week to go before the gates close!

Blood Angels also increased their point-total by a substantial 27% this week and sport a respectable 33 participants. They also managed to complete a few more points compared to the DAs and the SWs at 1,565. However if they want to challenge the Dark Angels in the long term (this is a challenge, remember?) they have to do more on the new entrants front. They are in a good position right now but this last week would be critical in order to close the difference. What they need is add new vows that will bring their total points/vow ratio closer to the average that currently stands at 550. So any new vow (by new I mean totally new not renewed) should come at above their current average of 478. No need for super-vows here, anything in the 500-600pts bracket will do! You guys stand a good chance to win this – don’t run out of steam now!!!

Black Templars have gone into a completion frenzy! With 7 completions (some in their fourth vow already) they managed 1,995pts this week. Good, I hear you say. Well, not really... We are still in the phase where forming the final teams is more important than scoring completions and on this front the Black Templars seem to have run out of steam. With only 2 more new vows this week and the total of pledged points increasing only 22% (mostly on renewals of existing participants) the BTs are in a precarious position. Having their average point/vow slip by 26 points (the only forum where the size of the average vow declined w-o-w) does not help much either as they now face the real possibility to be left behind. Unless you guys can continue to complete vows with your current rate until mid August, you’ll really need to bring in new blood! Think of it. 7 completions produced a bit less than 2k pts. The BAs with only 3 managed almost 1.6k. Food for thought.

Codex Forums have the second largest amount of vows and points pledged so far. The biggest contribution is made by the Index Astartes forum (37% of total points vowed) and the smallest by the Ultramarines forum (30% of total points vowed). More interestingly their avearge vow is virtually spot-on the average of the whole Challenge which means the Codex forums are not overly reliant to few super-vows but (much like the DAs) have diversified their risk. They sport only 85pts completed so far but this early on this is of secondary importance. However adding vows in the last week is of crucial importance in you guys want to remain on top! A moment of laxity... you know how it goes...

Chaos is seriously behind in total points, number of vows and size of average vow (the latter is the lowest in the challenge currently). I think that the dated CSM range combined with recent rumors of imminent release of the new Codex (and minis) is making people less inclined to commit big at this time. The answer to that is: commit small!!! Forget about average points or indeed total points – just focus on total vows – that way you will have an army of painters standing by. What do you have to lose? To paint an old style single mini? A small basic squad? Nothing important. But if your new Codex is released within the life-time of E TENEBRAE LUX then you will be able to vow again – this time with tons of stuff – reversing the fortunes of war when the rest of the forums least expect it. But for this to work you need the adequate resources i.e. manpower! If you do not have the number of vows, come what may, you will never threaten the leading forums. So... FOR THE DARK GODS!!!

Ordos Inquisition have increased their points by 61% (!) the highest among all forums although admittedly from a low base. Still they managed to have good representation for both GK AND SoBs despite the expensive in $ terms nature of the latter. Keep going guys – your lonely path to the Emperor’s light is an inspiration to all!!!

Still no Titans yet...

Overall, at the end ot the 3rd week of the Challenge we have almost 200 participants and 105k points pledged! This is great guys. Now remember:

THIS IS THE LAST WEEK FOR NEW ENTRANTS! IT’S NOW OR NEVER

Good luck to all!

Superb summary of the tactical situation Captain Semper.

Let us all rally to the Captain's banner and make this last week count. Let us see those who haven't participated yet take their first step with even a single character miniature.

Letus not let the Captain down...nor the Lion anger!

For the Legion and the Lion! Let us vow our faith!

SG

Hey Master of Recruits, I'll get in now instead of dragging my feet any longer ;) ,

“I Stobz, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete one RW Attack Sqn (6 bikers, 2xPG, PF+PP+MB on Sgt., 1AB, LS) from Codex: DA of total value 445points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to The Dark Angel Legion and failure--- is not an option”

Great excuse to paint something that has been sitting on the shelf for several years now. Pics to follow in my DAngles topic in a day or two....

;)

stobz

EDIT: LINKY TO WIP

Hey Master of Recruits, I'll get in now instead of dragging my feet any longer ;) ,

“I Stobz, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete one RW Attack Sqn (6 bikers, 2xPG, PF+PP+MB on Sgt., 1AB, LS) from Codex: DA of total value 445points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to The Dark Angel Legion and failure--- is not an option”

Great excuse to paint something that has been sitting on the shelf for several years now. Pics to follow in my DAngles topic in a day or two....

;)

stobz

About time Stobz! ;) Look fwd for your RW reinforcements! And Failure of course is not an option! :)

So yet again i am the only one who doest report any progress...Sigh!

Nicely done brothers,we are all proud!

Hey bro, I was just gonna say, how's your stuff coming along? Not only you'll finish your vow but will go for a refill ;)

Yes you can! Your first vow must be made by June 15. Once you done that, you can submit another vow after the previous one is declared complete.

Good to see another LPC veteran showing up! :)

Yes you can! Your first vow must be made by June 15. Once you done that, you can submit another vow after the previous one is declared complete.

Thanks!

Can I vow Company Master for starters, or it is not enough?

I am slow, and lately busy, so I don't want to fail our brothers of the Unforgiven...

So, I make my vow on this "topic", or somewhere else?

Thanks!

I am slow, and lately busy, so I don't want to fail our brothers of the Unforgiven...

Make your vow here. Should be a legal entry from the DA Codex and you can claim the points that can be physically represented on the mini. Company Master is fine.

Thanks!

Make your vow here. Should be a legal entry from the DA Codex and you can claim the points that can be physically represented on the mini. Company Master is fine.

OK; I'll make a bigger vow than just a Company Master since challenge lasts till August. One question though; if pistol is holstered can it be nominated as "plasma pistol" no matter one cannot see the pistol itself?

Thanks!

OK; I'll make a bigger vow than just a Company Master since challenge lasts till August. One question though; if pistol is holstered can it be nominated as "plasma pistol" no matter one cannot see the pistol itself?

You can always make new vows (once the first in complete) - no need to bite more than you can chew. If you are unsure go small and refill later... Holstered pistols could be anything so yeah it counts for whatever you say it is. It's not very sportmanlike though... ^_^

I Uhr answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete one Ezekiel (1), Grand Master of Librarians; one Company Master (1) w. Power Armour, Iron Halo, Power Weapon, and Plasma Pistol; one Librarian (1) w. Power Armour, Psychic Hood, Plasma Pistol, and Force Weapon; one Techmarine (1) w. Artificier Armour, Servo-Arm, Power Weapon, Plasma Pistol; from Codex: Dark Angels of total value 525 pts. on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to Dark Angels and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end

Alea iacta est...

For the Lion!

ETL - 2012 - Uhr - WiP

EDIT: Corrected the cost of Librarian, because I will convert that model quite a bit, so since "weapon arm" will change I added a Plasma Pistol... Hope it is not to late...

It's not very sportmanlike though... :)

This goes under "acceptable losses", heh...

The end justifies the means!

^^;

I, FinylCut, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete a Ravenwing Attack Squadron (3 Bikes, PF, 2xMG, AB) from Codex: Dark Angels of total value 215 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Ravenwing and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end.

FC

I MadDoc answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete a Command Squad (with Paladin Champion, Apothecary, Company Standard bearer and two Veterans w/ power weapons) from Codex: Dark Angels of total value 190 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to Dark Angels and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end.

Not a big vow, but I want to contribute without over commiting, and so I'm getting in with this starter vow before the submission window closes. In all likelihood I'll add follow up vows, but for now this is my vow.

Thread updated to this point.

Welcome back guys, LPC veterans are always a comforting sight...

Hey MadDoc, I sense some progess is about to be made in your amazing project! ;) Look fwd! Oh, and thanks again for the great little smiley-Unforgiven - they're great fun! :D

EDIT: Ninja'ed by Pyro X! Before I update the table with your vow you need to work out the point value of your project (break it down to legal squads etc). Seems to me this is a big one! :sweat:

Hey bro, I was just gonna say, how's your stuff coming along? Not only you'll finish your vow but will go for a refill :(

Family problems have delayed me, in fact they will pull me off the hobby (purchase wise) and thats a shame with the new DA on the horizon.

On the upsideish i might have found a job on a gas station and all the lucrative cash (yeah right) that promises.

BUT: Fear not i will finish this vow and indeed go for a refill, i have many DA models and paints stored . I have the command squad undercoated, and one marine almost complete.

Must remember to update the pics sometime.

Squad Bezet is combat ready! Vow completed, 220 for the unforgiven. They are nothing extraordinary painting wise but does cover a few firsts for me personally, green stuff, and a crack at painting lightning on the sergeants PW. Pointers on how to improve would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=252893

http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh501/farfromsam7/IMAG0256.jpg

I get the feelings that my painting can get "too busy" Any way the squad still needs their drop pod... so with out delay

I farfromsam answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete a drop pod from Codex: Dark Angels of total value of 50 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to The Unforgiven and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end

I'll knock this one out and see what else I can paint up for the challenge. For the Lion, For the Emperor!

Goooooo Skink!!!!!!!

Hey Cap I'm extending my original Vow, AGAIN.

I'm adding;

1x Company Master (GotC)

=> Storm Bolter, Plasma Pistol, Twin Lightning Claws, Melta Bombs and Jump-pack

These next two *need to be painted as Fire Hawks for A Tale of 17 Gamers, so they might as well count here to

1x Interrogator-Chaplain

=>Plasma Pistol, Melta Bombs and Jump-pack

1x Company Master

=> Plasma Pistol, Power Fist, Melta Bombs and Jump-pack

Total Added Points: 500

This brings my Total Vowed Points to 1,865.

ok my break down for my ravenwing to be painted stuff are as follows:

HQ

Interrogater-Chaplain w/Bike

Squads

squad 1: 6 bikes (1 sgt w/ PW, and 3 chain swords, 1 bolt pistol)

squad 2: 6 bikes (1 sgt w/ PW and 2 flamers)

squad 3: 6 bikes (1 sgt w/ PW, and 2 chain swords, 1 bolt pistols)

squad 4: 6 bikes (1 sgt w/ PW, and 2 chain swords, 2 bolt pistols)

upgraded squad 5: 6 bikes (1 sgt w/ PW, medic, banner, 2 plasma guns)

Total points = 1390

I got some more stuff to paint I'll add in later if I'm able to finish this and I think I'll be able to.

Archived