+++E Tenebrae Lux+++

Captain Semper

Wow awesome Vow shadow guard! I guess the Space doggies will get a spanking, despite how much conversions they make!!

I pledged only 520 points, 8 models...and im worried! ;)

Thanks BC Nemiel, etchnically my vows only contain 16 models/itmes... :o ..... hmmmm.. Shadow Guard...what have you gone and gotten yourself in to? -_- :)

SG

Do you know the price of failure Shadow Guard? The Watchers guide my hand the the Lion's legacy directs my actions. Nothing, not even your high office as Keeper of the Fortress, will save you from the hell I'm going to unleash upon you if you do not deliver the Unforgiven their due! You are now oath bound and nothing will release you from your duty.

++Until the Sword if Reforged++

Ah what the hell...

I Hexagon Sun answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete 1 Terminator Librarian with Combi Plasma gun from Codex: Dark Angels of total value 150pts on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Dark Angels and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end.

I figure I can manage to paint at least one model before August! If Wayland games would hurry up and deliver the Vallejo paints I ordered then I might finally get a chance to sort my new paint scheme out and add some more to my vow. Here's hoping!

Ehehehe Brothers, i almost feel pity for the other Brother Legions/Chapters...WE ARE THE FIRST LEGION!

Im sure Shadow Guard will stand true to his oath, hes most valued and Honoured Battle Brother(just dug out old conversion from your site SG(On your Knees!))!!

Sorry for being overzealous, them Space Wolfes musta abducted me to their Fang and made me drink much stuff! :) ;)

E TENEBRAE LUX – 4th WEEK UPDATE

http://www.fortressoftheunforgiven.com/DA_Challenge_Sands_of_Time_Hi_Res.jpg

So now with the 4th Week of the E TENEBRAE LUX behind us we are approaching the crucial point of June 15th. From then onwards no NEW entrants will be allowed. The teams in each forum will be set. No reinforcements will be forthcoming and the brave warriors that took the oath will be on their own until the end on August 15th. So to those of you that are hanging on the balance, make a step forward, reveal yourselves, make the vow and support your brothers that have already committed in this Challenge! Only a few days left… Come Friday the doors will be closed – never to open up again!!!

Another thing to take into account is that no modifications or changes of any kind on existing vows will be allowed after June 15th, no withdrawals and no changing of sides. Those that are in are in for the duration of the Challenge and are liable for their vows. Failure to complete will warrant the Badge of Shame! New vows will allowed provided previous vows are declared complete.

So come Friday the situation would have crystallized, people will know who is on their team and strategies might start to form. There are the fast painters and those that have substantial stash that could add new vows at will. Those that have vast vows that will probably keep them busy to the end of Challenge in mid-August and those that can step in with quick ones to give the edge to their faction!

Also a reminder:

ALL THREE “CODEX: SPACE MARINE” SUB-FORUMS (IA, LA, UM) WILL BE TREATED AS ONE WHERE TOTAL POINTS ARE CONCERNED. IN EFFECT THEY WILL BECOME ONE FACTION FOR THE PURPOSES OF THIS CHALLENGE

While the progress of each forum will be monitored individually their total completed points will be added together and this would be the amount of points other forums will have to compete against! Should they win all three forums will have the honor to carry the badge of the Champion!

So here are the 4th Week standings:

E TENEBRAE LUX – WEEK 4
Black Templars 31 39 17,580 451
Blood Angels 39 41 21,187 517
Dark Angels 57 61 31,992 524
Codex Space Marines 43 44 26,594 618
Space Wolves 29 31 20,595 664
Chaos 30 33 12,447 377
Ordos Inquisition 12 15 4,611 307
Total 241 264 135,036 560
Index Astartes 21 22 11,752 534
Liber Astartes 11 11 7,463 678
Ultramarines 11 11 7,379 671

Please note that following the deadline of June 15th the above table will also start to show completed points per faction for easier track record. Until then the amount of completed points will be mentioned in each forum’s individual comment below:

Comments:

The Dark Angels really set new standards this week adding 13(!) new vows and almost 8k points. This puts them firmly in the lead of the Challenge with some clear distance from the second. Completions are still sparse with only 755 points completed so far. However they certainly have the edge right now because the main issue until June 15th is to get new vows in. And the DAs excel in that!

The Wolves also tried to add new vows with some success (+6 on the week) and also increased their completions to 1,380pts. But in the big picture they are in dire straights. With only 29 vows the weight upon those that have committed is too heavy. Their very large vows and monstrous points/vow ratio manage to keep in the game (4th in terms of points pledged) but small vow-count will show its ugly face in the later part of the Challenge. Will they manage to increase participation before the doors close? Or will the few carry the honor of the many on their shoulders? You have enough time to get people in – but you need to move fast. If you manage to get just 10 more people in combined with your legendary high point vows victory will be within your grasp!

Blood Angels are currently among the favorites. Plain and simple. Only third in vows and points and fairly close to the second place they are very well positioned to jump forward as the Challenge gradually matures… But be careful – if you do not maintain a flow of new participants it’ll be very easy to run out of steam come July and then it’ll be almost impossible to reverse the situation. You really need to add as many new entrants as possible before Friday’s deadline so you’ll get more options later on! The BAs managed to complete 1,920 pts so far.

Black Templars have managed to reach 31 participants in total (+5 on the week) but are now in a challenging position. Unless they bring in reinforcements in the form of new vows (at least 10 more), they’ll have to significantly raise their points/vow ratio to above Wolf levels – and that is saying something. Then again accepting challenges is what the BTs do for a living so maybe that’s for the best. :lol: But seriously the more new vows you bring in your chances increase exponentially! Focus on new recruits while there is still time and leave completions for later! On the positive side, the BTs currently sport the highest amount of completions at 2,260pts

Codex Forums continue their proud trajectory to the top! They have the second highest amount of participants, the second highest amount of new additions and the second highest amount of pledged points. They appear to be are doing alright on all fronts, but will it be enough? There is only one Champion and the second best is as good as last! Also the BAs are closing in aggressively so there is certainly no comfort in their position. The last few days may prove enough to topple them from second place unless they secure it by maintaining momentum in terms of new additions. Keep the engines running guys! The only completions so far is 220pts, but at this stage this is of fairly low importance. This week Index Astartes retained the largest contribution to the combined effort with 44% of total points pledged with the other two forums equally contributing 28% each.

Chaos stepped-up its effort in line with the SWs and the BTs retaining similar levels of vows. In terms of points however they are significantly behind, a phenomenon that is attributed to the expectation of the rumored new Chaos Codex. However, if this proves to be false, you guys will be missing out on the opportunity to support the Dark Gods in this challenge for no reason… If on the other hand it proves correct and you have not committed by Friday you will again miss the opportunity to participate – only this time you’ll probably have new fancy minis and huge appetite to start new projects. So play safe, join the ETL with small vows if this is how you feel and you get the option to raise the stakes later! If you’re not in by Friday, you are not in at all! Chaos had some completions already as well to a total of 1,601 pts.

Ordos Inquisition added another participant this week and another renewed vow. Their total completions are a 693pts and they stand defiant in the face of the First Legion! They follow their lonely path to the Emperor’s light and woe to those that will stand in their way! Keep walking guys – you’re making all of us proud! :(

The Mechanicum remains silent.

So the 4th week is over… The total participation has been breathtaking so far and more is yet to happen! Overall there are 241 participants having pledged almost 135k points so far! This is fantastic and very promising for the later parts of the Challenge where competition is expected to climb steeply!!! :P

As we approach the deadline I would appreciate if all participants check that their vows are correctly entered and make sure they make any final adjustments. Recall that after the 15th NO CHANGES IN THE VOWS WILL BE ALLOWED. One can always make new vows ONCE the previous ones are declared complete but no change in the vows will be allowed once it is submitted.

THIS IS THE LAST OPPORTUNITY FOR NEW ENTRANTS! ON FRIDAY THE DOORS WILL BE CLOSED FOR EVER

Good luck to all!

“I Brother_Bethor answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete Deathwing Terminator Squad and Ezekiel, Grand Master of Librarians from Codex: Dark Angels of total value 405 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the First Legion and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

Here are my starting pics:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b56/brother_bethor/Operation%20Challange/terminatorzy_000.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b56/brother_bethor/Operation%20Challange/ezekiel_000.jpg

I need on get in on this. I am going to make a deathwing squad with cyclone missile launcher. The weapon will be magnetized for versatility.

“I Unforgiven answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete Deathwing Assault Squad from Codex: Dark Angels of total value 240 on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Dark Angels and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

I may edit the point value, because I am going by memory on the cost of a squad with cyclone missile launcher.

Very Respectfully,

--Josh

So glad I am in... :P. I have to finish my undead BB-team first though, but I am already looking forward to start on my vow.

If things go well, I'll add a squad of terminators later if the first vow is finished, maybe even adding 2 razorbacks. That will basically cover my whole unforgiven project.

Who knows, I might even add a 'special' azrael..!! ;)

I have to get all my stuff ready for an upcoming tournament in July (likely my last 5th Edition one), which makes completing the Vow serve two purposes. I have some vehicles and a LOT more dudes on standby. Once I finish my tournament list, the Deathwing are gonna get a full redesign to match my new art style, so that's another 30+ magnetized termies, so I don't expect we'll have any problems staying up front if needed :D

I probably won't have any significant progress to show before Thursday, but the color scheme for the power armor moves very fast since they don't have all the same fiddly details as the HQs. Gonna assembly line the whole bunch, and will probably get the whole lot done by this weekend.

Keep in mind RayJ that you can not earn points for magentized bits. You have to pledge a speciifc configuration. Choose the one you like and vow for it. Magnetizing, unglued or interchangeable bits do not count. Just to clarify. :)

I Brother Thorstein answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete Two Preadators, Two Land Speeders and a Vindicator from Codex Dark Angels total value 535 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to The First Legion and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

Keep in mind RayJ that you can not earn points for magentized bits. You have to pledge a speciifc configuration. Choose the one you like and vow for it. Magnetizing, unglued or interchangeable bits do not count. Just to clarify. :)

Understood. Still, at the standard configuration, it's 6 squads and an HQ or 2 to possibly work on, should I get that far.

Hi all of you Dark angel lovers, I know this doesn't belong here, but I thought since there no other gathering of the Angels of the Lion, it would seem prudent to put this little short story for you guys, that I wrote a while back. This all for you Dark angel fans! Hope you enjoy the little story, because rejoice another Fallen was taken!

So here ti goes:

The Daemonette tried to run, but a vice clamped around her claw - an irony that Asoron didn't fail to notice - holding her in place. Turning to face her attacker in desperation, the lithe daemon found herself pierced by a gigantic lighting claw, so large only three of the four blades fit within her frame.

A flick of a wrist and the Daemonette was severed from the collarbone up, her beautifully grotesque face still showing the shock that marked her return to the Warp.

This was a grim defeat. Asoron had fought Astartes before, of course, and even lost battles, but this was an annihilation, his forces had been completely wiped out. He felt his hearts racing, the sensation filling him with an acrid pleasure. The last time he'd known such a feeling of dread, a Primarch was advancing on him, his eyes those of a prime beast challenged by runts and unexpectedly wounded. He'd fallen upon his lesser competitors like a lion among hounds, tearing into them until only Asoron was left. By the fickle will of the gods did the Lion sense something deeper inside the fortress and raced to confront it.

But the look of hate Lion El'Jonson threw at Asoron while he moved away was a killing blow in itself.

Yet a new master had accepted the Fallen Angel's service, a master who was ever-watching and proud of Asoron's service. Yes...Slaanesh had given him a new existence. And Asoron had spent much of it killing the Corpse-God's angels. Every once in a while, though, he revived the look on the Lion's eyes in his mind, the memory enough to jolt his hearts.

The bone-and-black Terminator slowly strode towards Asoron, his iconography catching the light of a burning Defiler. The Fallen narrowed his eyes.

"Unforgiven", Asoron hissed, his lashing tongue lending to the contempt with which he spoke the word. There was something different about this one, though. "But a lesser breed, I see. You lack a wing, little ange-"

"Ours is not the long soar of the questing seraph

But the hovering watch of the vigilant angel

And the stooping wrath of the righteous host."

The Astartes' voice was smooth and almost young, but Asoron sensed power behind the façade.

"Will you lecture me to death, is it, Guilt-Ridden?", Asoron asked, his grin barely masking his irritation.

"You will not be awarded the pleasure of vengeance, Fallen. I will deal with you as I did with your cultists and daemon-whores. No Interrogator, blessed be their service, shall waste his time with you."

Asoron wanted to answer, but no words left his dry mouth, such as no structured though left his mind. He was expecting the pageantry that came with every Unforgiven hunt, the hatred and importance they directed at him...for a servant of Slaanesh, being confronted with indifference was a knife wound.

The Lion's eyes appeared in his mind, still burning with rage and betrayal, but there was something more in them this time. A sense of righteousness, of justice having been made...of...relief for another traitor slain...?

Asoron, a black-clad and fucsia monstrosity taller than a Terminator, the slayer and torturer of thousands, roared, a roar so rasp and devoid of power that it resembled a desperate scream, so weak the Fallen Angel still perceived what the charging Astartes spoke, his words the last Asoron would ever hear.

"I've come merely to clean the filth."

Amended (again)

I Captain Sox answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete half of a Battle Company from Codex: Dark Angels. This will consist of:

1 10 man Tactical Squad with Plasma Gun, Plasma Cannon and Veteran Sergerant with Plasma Pistol, Melta Bombs and Powerfist: 240: Complete!

1 10 man Tactical Squad with Plasma Gun, Plasma Cannon and Veteran Sergeant with Powerweapon and Plasma Pistol: 230

1 10 man Tactical Squad with Plasma Gun, Plasma Cannon and Veteran Sergeant with Powerweapon and Plasma Pistol: 230

1 10 man Assault Squad (no jump packs) with 2 Plasma Pistols, Sergeant with Plasma Pistol and Powerfist: 305

1 10 man Devastator Squad with 4 Plasma Cannons, and a Veteran Sergeant with Plasma Pistol: 280

Interrogator Chaplain with Combi Plasma and Melta Bombs plus his Command Squad 2 Plasma Pistols, 2 Plasma Guns, 2 Power Weapons and Apothecary: 350 pts

Venerable Dreadnought with Plasma Cannon and Heavy Flamer: 150

A total points value of 1785 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to The Redeemers and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end.

I'm doomed! :HQ:

@ The DVoid: Check your PM! :HQ:

@ Captain Sox: If you do not deliver you are indeed doomed! The Master of Recruits have already booked a cell (42 was it?) under your name with a view to the void. :HQ: Your vow has been updated! Good luck mate!

ONLY 24 HOURS TO GO FOR NEW ENTRANTS TO JOIN E TENEBRAE LUX!

The current situation in terms of participants:

Black Templars 50
Blood Angels 46
Dark Angels 60
Codex: Space Marines 45
Space Wolves 32
Chaos 35
Ordos Inquisition 12
Total 279

So make haste – this time tomorrow the doors close to new entrants forever! Set your B&C clock to GMT time, this is what I’m going by. Good luck to all!

“I Brother Samhain answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete:

Company Veterans Squad of 5

Sergeant with Power Fist and storm shield

4X DA’s with storm bolter

2 Tactical Squad units of 10 DA’s each

Sergeant with melta bombs

One DA with flamer

One DA with Missile Launcher

(each unit)

Assault Squad of ten models

Sergeant with melta bomb

2 DA and Sergeant with plasma pistols

from Codex: Dark Angels of total value 810 on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to The Dark ANgels and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

@ Brother-Chaplain Nemiel: what do you mean? what other models? Remember this is B&C - you have to use compliant minis... Also can you post a link to your WIP thread?

@ Brother Samhain: Fantastic vow there brother! Table updated - Good luck!

I Louis answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete 2 Tactical Squads, 1 Devastator Squad and 3 Rhinos from Codex: Dark Angels on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Dark Angels and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end.

Apologies for being away for the forum for the past few months, but returning on the last day of vow submission has to be good omen ;)

Hopefully I'm not too late. I have 3 weeks off and thought I would chip in a couple of models.

I CovertToaster answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete one Deathwing squad from Codex: Dark Angels of total value 240 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the I Legion and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end!

And here is my first post!

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j468/CovertToaster/DeathwingETL.jpg

One old skool DW squad with no arms! I have arms but I'm fast running out of beer! But I have fudged the slotta models onto current 40mm bases with a cheap version of greenstuff!

Yay! I would thank the poster that suggested it but as already mentioned if I'm "running out" of beer then clearly I'm drunk (hic!) and it's beyond my capabilities!

Edit of my vow: I will not be painting the Vindicator. Instead, I will be painting my newest model acquisition:

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj236/sesharp/KGrHqQOKjE5WtmYPrIBO5w9I9sQ60_3.jpg

(not a picture of my actual model; it's in my locker at the store)

I got it for a steal of a deal, so I am a very happy Dark Angels collector. ;)

Archived