+++E Tenebrae Lux+++

“I Sir_Isenhar answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete a Land Raider Crusader from Codex: Black Templar of total value 265 on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Black Templar Chapter and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

“I Gunrunr answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete a 5 man squad of Sword Brethren Assault Terminators with thunder hammers, storm shields and crusader seals, 1- Typhoon land speeder and a techmarine from Codex: Black Templars of total value 350pts on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Black Templars and my Tango Urilla Crusade although failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”.

Below is my first pic.

http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc334/empchamp/DSC00478.jpg[/img]

Now that I am done with my terminators I am free to start on my speeder and techmarine. This is where I'm at with them as of last night.

http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc334/empchamp/IMG_20120628_194847.jpg

I, Reinhard, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete 5 assault initiates, 2 armed with plasma pistols and one with a power weapon, 10 Sword Brethren Terminators organized into two squads: one with 2 Assault Cannons and one with 2 Cyclone Missile Launchers from Codex: Black Templars of a total value of 620 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Black Templars and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end.

EDIT: Thanks for the clarification Captain Semper. I haven't made a post detailing the state of my crusaders for our inhouse vow yet, however honor prevents me from entering any of those initiates to make a legal squad with the neophytes here as they are all 90% or more completed. I pretty much see no alternative but to drop the neophytes from E TENEBRAE LUX, and adjust my vow accordingly. This good piece of advice could surely be of help to a lot of my brethren however, and I plan to make full use of the "Make new vow once the first is finished"-rule...

EDIT2: I'm adding some new stuff to the vow before it commences.

I, Reinhard, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete 5 assault initiates, 2 armed with plasma pistols and one with a power weapon, as well as 5 neophytes from Codex: Black Templars of a total value of 180 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Black Templars and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end.

Are the neophytes valid? They aren't legal to field on their own, but will be bolstering already existing crusader squads that I had already made a vow to paint before this challange came up. Hadn't expected to be doing to painting vows simoultaneously.

Having a legal unit is important in this Challenge. However I do realise that you guys recently launched the in-house Challenge so yeah, I see why you might be painted out... And we do want people to participate. So as long as your entry complies with ETL rules and you start work on it after you placed your vow here I don't mind if you enter the same entry in your in-house competition as well.

EDIT: Check your PM.

I Psykic_scribe answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete one Razorback with tl lascannon, dozer blade pintle s/b, h/k missile, smoke and POMS from Codex: Black Templars of total value 153 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Black Templars and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end.

This overlaps with my in-house vow, but as I have only opened the box so far, I can still get a start up photo (4 of my 5 Termies in the in house vow are doing fine, the 5th is in surgery). Hope this tank doesn't topple over with all those upgrades.

Ok i have to ask.Where do i get that emoticon?

I just came across it a long time ago. If you like it, I think you just need to go to my profile page and copy it.

E TENEBRAE LUX – 1st WEEK UPDATE

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/DA_Challenge_vs_BT.jpg

This is the first weekly update of the ETL Challenge. In this update (and the ones that will follow) I’ll try to compile the overall picture of the ETL and how it’s developing so all can have a quick understanding of the overall situation. So with no further ado and as at 16:00 GMT here’s the situation:

E TENEBRAE LUX – WEEK 1
Black Templars 18 6,451 358
Blood Angels 17 5,878 347
Dark Angels 27 12,020 445
Index Astartes 8 2,075 259
Liber Astartes 3 1,325 442
Space Wolves 12 7,225 602
Ultramarines 5 1,994 399
Chaos 16 4,281 268
Ordos Inquisition 5 1,203 241
Total 111 42,472 383
- - - -
Codex Space Marines 16 5,394 337

Some early comments:

The Dark Angels have the highest number of vows and the highest point-count with significant difference from the second (currently the Wolves). This raises the stakes for the competition. Obviously it’s completed points that will win the day but number of participants also carries significant weight to achieve that. So people need to flock to their favorite forums/Chapters and pledge vows – it’s still early on, everything can change!

The Wolves have highest points/vow ratio and currently they are second in total points pledged. That means that those committed have done so with big vows (in true Wolfish manner), which also entails big risks. It also means that if they maintain their average at 600 they’ll require another 8 participants to reach the pledged points of the DAs (assuming no more DAs submit vows – yeah right!)

Black Templars mean serious business. With fairly high points/vow ratio and some serious commitment they have managed a very respectable 3rd place for far. Look forward to see what else they have stored for us – one has to remember their strong performance in the LPC to realize they are a force to be reckoned with! Well done guys (so far :tu:).

Blood Angels are also strong in the game with the third largest amount of vows. However their points/vow ratio is lower than the Templars and it shows on the total point count. But here we have the Champions of two consecutive LPC’s and a Chapter known for its artistic inclination – so I think there are some Aces in their sleeves yet. What they basically lack is a couple of hefty vows (close or above the 1,000pts mark) to tip the balance.

Chaos is also putting up a fight with 16 participants but they also lack a couple of super vows (something close to 1,000 mark) to bring them at par with the other forums. As it happens is has lowest points/vow ratio among the big players.

Codex Space Marines forums are showing a significant lack of vows among them although from what I’ve seen there is no lack of talent. LA sports a fairly high points/vow ratio but with only 3 vows so far it can be misleading. On the other hand if all the C:SM forums were put together as one the picture would be much more competitive: 5,394pts and 16 vows between them – they are certainly not far from the other forums. Hmmmmmm… see where I’m going with this? ;)

Ordos Inquisiton has an aura of heroism about it. Only 5 vows but very brave to face the challenge of the other mega-forums! Kudos to you purest of soul! You make all of us proud!

Before I conclude this first update I need to make a special mention to the two participants that already completed their vows, namely ZAChos from Index Astartes and Yogi from the Chaos forum. Furthermore ZAChos renewed his vow making him the first participant to raise the stakes! Congrats to both of you guys [but ZAChos is still in the game – so be careful mate! ;)]

Would like to submit a vow but was wondering if it could be the same vow as my in house vow. Have barely started work on the model and would be happy to post pictures as proof.

As long as you comply with the ETL rules I don't mind at all. You have to effectively start working on them after you place your vow and you're good to go! :woot: see my answer to Reinhard a few posts above:

However I do realise that you guys recently launched the in-house Challenge so yeah, I see why you might be painted out... And we do want people to participate. So as long as your entry complies with ETL rules and you start work on it after you placed your vow here I don't mind if you enter the same entry in your in-house competition as well.

Come brothers! It is time to stand and be counted, lest we dishonour the chapter with defeat.

“I Marshal Veyross answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete One Castellan (terminator armour, duel lightning claws, Iron halo) 5x Sword brethren assault terminators (3 lightning claws, 2 Storm shields and thunder hammers) and one land raider crusader to carry them to glorious battle from Codex: Black Templars of total value 610 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Black Templars and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

These models will overlap with my in house vow but none have progressed beyond priming at this point. One question though, can vows only be renewed before June 15th? (when submissions end) or can they be renewed at any time during the competition?

Guys remember: Only upgrades that can be physically represented earn you points. So the "Furious Charge" upgrade will not qualify, unless you can convince me you can model it. :) I have included the vows as they are made but please, for those that have included "Furious Charge", can you edit it out of the vows and adjust points accordingly? That'll be great help!

As it stands now BTs are marginally third in total points pledged, after the SWs went into a super-vow after super-vow frenzy! :) But you guys have more commitments and therefore more depth and staying power imo. So good luck to you!

Guys remember: Only upgrades that can be physically represented earn you points. So the "Furious Charge" upgrade will not qualify, unless you can convince me you can model it. ;) I have included the vows as they are made but please, for those that have included "Furious Charge", can you edit it out of the vows and adjust points accordingly? That'll be great help!

As it stands now BTs are marginally third in total points pledged, after the SWs went into a super-vow after super-vow frenzy! :woot: But you guys have more commitments and therefore more depth and staying power imo. So good luck to you!

Make a visit to the templars,there are a couple tank hunters there.

The Wolves are a good 1.5k points ahead of you guys, and they have bolster their numbers too! Black Templars are at 9.5k, the Wolves are at 11k and the DAs are at 12.8k. This is going to be brutal! :unsure:

Time for a counter attack?

I Marshal2Crusaders, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete 2 Crusader Squads from Codex: Black Templars of total value 365pts on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Black Templars and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end

Crusader Squad A

-1 Initiate Meltagun

-1 Initiate Power Weapon

-8 Initiates Bolt Pistols & Chainswords

Crusader Squad B

-1 Initiate Meltagun

-1 Initiate Power Fist

-8 Initiates Bolters

“I, Honda, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete one dreadnought with DCCW/Hvy flamer and Multi-melta and and one land raider crusader (with Redeemer cannons, "counts as" Hurricane bolters) from Codex: Black Templars for a total value of 390 points on or before August 15.

Success will bring eternal glory to the Black Templars. Failure would be better discussed with other, perhaps less inspired, chapters.

I am a Templar!

* Amended to change LR to LRC

“I, Honda, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete one dreadnought with DCCW/Hvy flamer and Multi-melta and and one land raider from Codex: Black Templars for a total value of 375 points on or before August 15.

Success will bring eternal glory to the Black Templars. Failure would be better discussed with other, perhaps less inspired, chapters.

I am a Templar!

Nice to see you joined the party.......I mean Crusade.

I Castellan Alaric of the Black Templar answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete one crusader squad of 8 initiates (1 melta and 1 power fist) along with their rhino transport with extra armor and smoke launchers from Codex: Black Templar of a total value 211 pts on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Black Templar and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end.

i'm at work so my first pic will be up later :tu:

Fisrt post updated to this point.

You are doing well guys but you are behind the DAs and the SW and C:SM forums and the BAs are almost at par with you. However the distance can be covered if you keep the pace! Remember: a moment of laxity... :D

Nice to see you joined the party.......I mean Crusade.

Yeah, I've been hemming and hawing due to other factors, but decided to just bite the chainsword and go for it.

It helps that the dreads 90% constructed, and I found the bits for the LRC. Also, I just ordered some paint as I am going to shift my BT's to Vallejo for the most part, so now I am committed...er, a Templar.

;)

Also, I'm going to paint my crusade as the community crusade, so looking forward to that as well.

Cheers,

“I, Arthanor, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete a marshal with thunder hammer and storm shield, terminator honors, artificer armor, holy orb of Antioch, meltabombs and adamantine mantle from Codex: Black Templar of total value 210 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Black Templar Chapter and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

To be followed by his equally over-equipped command squad :lol:

Let's do this Templars!

Hmmm... You'd better be able to model everything on the mini. You cannot claim points for things that are not physically represented. You want the points for the Orb - you have to do the work! Just saying. ;) I'm updating your vow as is, but should you change it, drop me a PM.

Good luck! the Templars are defending their position admirably!

Archived