+++E Tenebrae Lux+++

..so the forum with the most points painted wins?

Yes as long as they are "legal" units from your Codex. Simple, no?

But be careful: if you make subsequent vows (which you can if you complete your initial vow) and fail to complete, then the previously completed vows are nullified as well. Only raise the stakes if you are confident! Only the brave will emerge victorious! :lol:

Would anyone have a problem on vow entries based on either FW Mk:IV or FW Chaplain dreadnought models as foundations for Furioso's? If it's a green light, I might get in on this action.

Cheers!

FW is covered in the Challenge Rules. Power armour Mks are most welcome - we really like to see people painting up a variety of marks. Dreadnought Mks are also the very welcome provided they have loadouts that are allowed in the Codex or the rules of the FW mini clearly state they can be used as a Codex entry.

Now if you want to use a Chaplain Dread that "counts as" a Furioso that's dead simple! enter a vow for a Furioso (load outs, points costs an'all) and you're good to go. B)

“I Crimson Cartel answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete 1 Rhino w/extra armor 65pts, 1 Dreadnought w/plasma cannon and extra armor 130pts, 5 assault marines w/2 flamers 110pts, and 1 Reclusiarch 130pts. from Codex: Blood Angels of total value of 435pts on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Ninth Legion and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

I, Makkeru, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete a Reclusiarch, a Furioso Dreadnought and a Stormraven Gunship with Multi Meltas, Plasma Cannons and Hurricane Bolters from Codex: Blood Angels of total value 485 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to Flesh Tearers and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end.

My WIP thread

I already did my vow, but I was wondering if I made a Las/Plas Turret for my Razorback if I would net us an additional 35 points? Have to make it anyway, but I figure any little bit will help.

OK, will do - but you update your vow too. The total is what? 300pts?

And guys remember: You can always make new vows after the ofirst vow id done. You don't have to overextend yourselfs.

“I, Brother Nathan answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete a sanguary guard squad and chaplin lemartes from Codex: Blood angels of total value 375 on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Storm Angels and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

(i also hae a load of death co i just aquired to add to this but ill leave them till i have them at home so i can add them up too...

“I Brother Apocalyptic answer the challenge and vow to complete 1 Land raider redemeer with searchlights for 241 pts and 1 Sanguinor for 275pts. total value of 516pts on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Sons of Sanguinus and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end” Total cost of 382 pts

Sorry, quick question. I have never participated in one of these before, and am thinking of getting in to motivate myself to paint. We make the vow here, and then start a topic in our Subforum (Blood Angels for me) where we post the pics?

@ Captain Semper, can you update me into this pls, i have added my vow a few posts from the start of the thread(it was a reserve post at the start,so it would have been overlooked)

cheers mithril

Everything is updated to this point - excellent stuff guys but you are still behind BTs (not to mention DAs) and only marginally ahead of the SW that actually begin to mobilize!

@ Mythrilforge: thx for the heads-up! I updated the table accordingly.

Sorry, quick question. I have never participated in one of these before, and am thinking of getting in to motivate myself to paint. We make the vow here, and then start a topic in our Subforum (Blood Angels for me) where we post the pics?

Well as one mad Greek to another here's how it works:

You make a vow here. If you make it anywhere else it won't count. Here is the "Chapter House" of the BAs. There is a similar thread to all eligible forums. Then you can make a new thread with your WIP (either here in the BAs forum or the the WIP forum in the PCA section - your call). But it will be helpful to make a link to your vow post post so we can keep track. Alternatively you can post the pics straight in this thread. It's a bit messy but legit. Hope this helps. Feel frre to ask further questions or PM me.

Look fwd for your vow!

E TENEBRAE LUX – 1st WEEK UPDATE

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/DA_Challenge_vs_BA.jpg

This is the first weekly update of the ETL Challenge. In this update (and the ones that will follow) I’ll try to compile the overall picture of the ETL and how it’s developing so all can have a quick understanding of the overall situation. So with no further ado and as at 16:00 GMT here’s the situation:

E TENEBRAE LUX – WEEK 1
Black Templars 18 6,451 358
Blood Angels 17 5,878 347
Dark Angels 27 12,020 445
Index Astartes 8 2,075 259
Liber Astartes 3 1,325 442
Space Wolves 12 7,225 602
Ultramarines 5 1,994 399
Chaos 16 4,281 268
Ordos Inquisition 5 1,203 241
Total 111 42,472 383
- - - -
Codex Space Marines 16 5,394 337

Some early comments:

The Dark Angels have the highest number of vows and the highest point-count with significant difference from the second (currently the Wolves). This raises the stakes for the competition. Obviously it’s completed points that will win the day but number of participants also carries significant weight to achieve that. So people need to flock to their favorite forums/Chapters and pledge vows – it’s still early on, everything can change!

The Wolves have highest points/vow ratio and currently they are second in total points pledged. That means that those committed have done so with big vows (in true Wolfish manner), which also entails big risks. It also means that if they maintain their average at 600 they’ll require another 8 participants to reach the pledged points of the DAs (assuming no more DAs submit vows – yeah right!)

Black Templars mean serious business. With fairly high points/vow ratio and some serious commitment they have managed a very respectable 3rd place for far. Look forward to see what else they have stored for us – one has to remember their strong performance in the LPC to realize they are a force to be reckoned with! Well done guys (so far :tu:).

Blood Angels are also strong in the game with the third largest amount of vows. However their points/vow ratio is lower than the Templars and it shows on the total point count. But here we have the Champions of two consecutive LPC’s and a Chapter known for its artistic inclination – so I think there are some Aces in their sleeves yet. What they basically lack is a couple of hefty vows (close or above the 1,000pts mark) to tip the balance.

Chaos is also putting up a fight with 16 participants but they also lack a couple of super vows (something close to 1,000 mark) to bring them at par with the other forums. As it happens is has lowest points/vow ratio among the big players.

Codex Space Marines forums are showing a significant lack of vows among them although from what I’ve seen there is no lack of talent. LA sports a fairly high points/vow ratio but with only 3 vows so far it can be misleading. On the other hand if all the C:SM forums were put together as one the picture would be much more competitive: 5,394pts and 16 vows between them – they are certainly not far from the other forums. Hmmmmmm… see where I’m going with this? ;)

Ordos Inquisiton has an aura of heroism about it. Only 5 vows but very brave to face the challenge of the other mega-forums! Kudos to you purest of soul! You make all of us proud!

Before I conclude this first update I need to make a special mention to the two participants that already completed their vows, namely ZAChos from Index Astartes and Yogi from the Chaos forum. Furthermore ZAChos renewed his vow making him the first participant to raise the stakes! Congrats to both of you guys [but ZAChos is still in the game – so be careful mate! ;)]

“I Imperial Deceit answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete Death Company Dreadnoughtwith heavy flamer and blood talons from Codex: Blood Angels of total value 135 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to The Bloody 7th and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

I will probably add more later, but I am mainly painting 'Nids right now. (And I don't think I can vow for them...) :lol:

Edit: My WIP album, all the pictures for this competition will be named Vow.

So, the Angels of Blood... The once dominant power in the painting front...

Guys the BA forum has currently pledged 5.6k points. This means you are behind the DAs (12.7k), the SWs (11k), the BTs (9.5k) and the forums that use the C:SM (6.5k). Remember the old days where you were the painting forum, winning LPC after LPC (well two LPC's actually :unsure: )? Are you going to stand by your legacy? Or are you going to throw in the towel?

I think it's time for a counter attack!

Hey Captain, looks like the Sons of Sanguinius are yesterday's champions ... a bit like when ol' Sangi got his back broken by a bloodthirster !! :P ... ;) May be the fire has gone out... perhaps the Unforgiven are the true Angels of Death!! ;)

SG

“I Taranis answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete 10 LC Assault Terminators, 10 Tactical Terminators (2 chainfist, 1 heavy flamer) and our champion: Captain Tycho in a dark mood from Codex: Blood Angels of total value 990 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to our lord Sanguinius, the Blood Angels and all our Brothers participating in this contest. Failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

My documentation will be in my wip tread. Located in my signature.

Brothers, be strong, be efficient, be careful.

“I, Taz, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete three tactical squads (With one magnetized sergeant with multiple weapons) from Codex: Blood Angels of total value 700 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

Ok - could this be a comeback? Could this be that the BAs still have it in them to claim the position of the Champion?

Well done Taz and good luck! I'll update the front table later today (in 8 hours from now give or take ;))

EDIT: Sorry Taz I didn't read your vow carefully before - you can't claim points for multiple loadouts or magnetized bits. You need to choose a paritcular configuration. I will upadate your vow for now but please work out the new point value and PM it to me. thx

Archived