+++E Tenebrae Lux+++

I'm going to regret this.

“I Jolemai answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete one Epistolary :tu: Librarian, one Furioso Dreadnought (with Heavy Flamer and Magna Grapple), one Landspeeder Typhoon (with Multi Melta) and one Whirlwind (with Searchlight) from Codex: Blood Angles for the total value 451 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels Chapter and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

This shall be my atonement for being unable to participate in the LPC due to the birth of my son. Hopefully I will have enough time to support my chapter for this challenge...

“I Yorkshire Dave answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete Captain Zedrenael, Captain of the 8th Company Blood Angels from Codex: Blood Angels of total value 155 on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

I, Mad Greek, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete 1 Stormraven with Twin Linked Melta Gun and Lascannons, and Hurricane Bolters; 1 Land Raider Crusader with Multi Melta; 1 Drop Pod; 3 Razor Backs - 1 with Lascannon/Twin Linked Plasma Gun, 1 with Twin Link Assault Cannons, 1 with Twin Linked Lascannons; 1 Rhino; 4 Sanguinary Priests, 2 in TDA, 1 with Jump Pack and Infernus Pistol; and 1 Assault Squad w/o jump packs, Sgt upgraded with Power Weapon and Storm Shield; from Codex: Blood Angels of total value 1270 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to my as yet unnamed successor chapter to the Blood Angels, and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end.

My Picture Thread

OK guys the first post is updated to this point! The last few vows helped the BAs to cover some of the previously lost distnace. However, the DAs, the SWs the C:SM forums and even the BTs are way ahead of you. So do not for a minute relax! Keep the vows coming :D

Question: How early is "early painting" allowed?

I just gave my 20 tactical marines, and 20 devestator marines a simplegreen bath (had no idea about this challenge), and just got around to priming, base coating and highlighting. But I used an airbush to do so. Basecoating and one application of baal red (wazbakka red now?) took me all of 2 hours of work to do 40 of them (airbushes make basecoating and highlights way to easy). I can supply pictures to be judged as "too much" if needed. 2 hours of work can't be that far along, can it?

Well, It sounds OK, but I'd like to see pics as highlights are not generally considered "early stage". But on the other hand only 2 hours for 40 minis sounds like there is a lot of work still to be done. Send me a PM - or post them here and I'll let you know. ;)

It makes my twisted daemonic soul wither in pain to do this, but I'll have to abandon my Chaos brothers in favour of the Angels of Blood for this one.

I, Biaz, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete a 5x man Tac squad with missile launcher, plasma gun and plasma pistol on the sergeant, and a 5x Death Co. squad with 1x Powerfist from Codex: Blood Angels for a total value of 240 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Angels Sanguine and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end.

It makes me feel good to see us all gather in honour of our parent legion. I'm missing some old faces but glad to be joined by new ones.

Every vow count, Brothers.

Good day, Brothers.

This is my first vow and indeed my first Blood Angels project.

I Gawain Veteris (GV) answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete one Captain (Arcula of the 5th Company) with power weapon and bolt pistol, one Ten-man Tactical squad with power fist, multimelta, melta-gun and drop pod, one Five-man assault squad with power weapon, infernus pistol and hand flamer, one Three-man Bike squad with power weapon and melta-gun, Lemartes Guardian of the Lost and one Five-man Death Company squad with thunder hammer and jump packs from Codex: Blood Angles for the total value 955 points on or before August 15th 2012. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels Chapter and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end.

I look forward to beginning my first vow in earnest and to seeing everyone else's work.

Good luck, Brothers!

GV

side by side

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m274/SoupsMan/WarHammer40k/DSC00957.jpg

The left guy was Primer, mech red, then a light dusting of blood red.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m274/SoupsMan/WarHammer40k/DSC00959.jpg

edit: also, why can't i hold all these unpainted marines?

Well then,

“I Soups, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete two 10 man tactical squads, and two 10 man devestator squads from Codex: Blood Angels of total value 870 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Angels of the Grail and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

ah man! Not this kind of contest again :P

now I have to consider adding things to my army again! grrrr! ;)

let me check if ive got the available funds ready to do what i want to do... if so il join in

*sighes* ;)

Well Demoulious - it's not the same without you! :D

Start small, just to get involved and once you're done you can always up the stakes if you feel like it! :)

look forward t osee your vow! :lol: The BAs are doing great! - but still need all the reinforcements they can get!

Alright, I don't know if I'm meant to post here, but I didn't think it was worth making a whole topic thingo just for my little vow. Haven't uploaded anything to the B&C before, so we'll see how this goes.

My 5 man death co. with powerfist, base coated.

med_gallery_57324_6926_660379.jpg

5 man tac squad with plasma gun, missile launcher and sarge w plasma pistol

gallery_57324_6926_329955.jpg

This was just taken from my phone. Plan to steal my brothers camera for when they're fully painted ;)

Pictures are great - looks like a good start ;)

Posting pics in this thread is absolutely fine - making a WIP thread is up to you really. Now I only require a picture of the finished product but feel free to post any in-between pics you feel like!

I alejandrinus answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete 1 Stormraven with Typhoon ML and Lascannons, and Hurricane Bolters, 2 Baal Predators with Assault cannons and Heavy bolters sponsons and 1 Razorback with Lascannon and TLPG from Codex: Blood Angels of total value 635 on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels Chapter and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end.

Brothers, Im on the wagon ... <_< , all my progress will be in my Army thread

Edited pics of E Tenebrae Lux vow

The start of my vow, :cuss :

gallery_45127_6429_346310.jpg

E TENEBRAE LUX – 2nd WEEK UPDATE

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/DA_Challenge_vs_BA.jpg

E TENEBRAE LUX – WEEK 2
Black Templars 24 10,931 455
Blood Angels 26 12,279 472
Dark Angels 33 16,991 515
Index Astartes 16 6,655 416
Liber Astartes 7 5,043 720
Space Wolves 19 12,731 637
Ultramarines 6 2,709 452
Chaos 19 5,625 296
Ordos Inquisition 6 1,633 272
Total 156 74,597 478
- - - -
Codex Space Marines 29 14,407 497

Comments:

The Dark Angels retain the highest number of vows and the highest point-count however the difference with the rest of the forums has narrowed. Still they retain a fairly high points/vow ratio but it is evident that their leading position is challenged from all fronts. They increased their point-count by 30% in the week (5.0k pts).

The Wolves made an impressive effort last week keeping the second position in terms of pledged points increasing last week’s levels by 43% (5.5k pts). They also retain one of the highest points/vow that increased even more compared to last week. This is mainly because of the relatively high density of super-vows (>1,000pts). It appears that the Wolves have an affinity for entering high value vows and they are also very vocal about it! It seems to be a genetic thing... Maybe something that should be looked into?

Blood Angels are the heroes of this week. From a fairly weak position (4th or 5th if we count the Codex Astartes forums together) they climbed to third place overtaking the Black Templars and only a handful of points separating them from the Wolves (around 450pts where the average vow is 470 – so just a vow away from second place). Congratulations guys – the Angels of Blood showed resilience that I guess is a signature trait... Well done. Just to get the measure of effort the Blood Angels increased their pledged points by more than 52% on the week adding 6.4k points the biggest addition of any single forum!

Black Templars continue with their systematic approach to the challenge staying in touch with the top positions but slipping to 4th place with a good 1.3k points behind the Blood Angels. Given their average points/vow it means that, roughly, at this stage they are 3 vows behind... Certainly an easy to cover distance if they don’t slip further -or indeed if the Blood Angels don’t take-off. Still they managed to increase their point count by 41% on the week but adding only 4.4k points. Sorry guys – you need to step-up the effort!

Index Astartes and Liber Astartes are doing a fantastic job! They have increased their vows by 69% and 74%(!) over the week and also increased their points/vow ratio to 416 (from 259) and to 720 (from 442) respectively. However, individually they have a fairly low number of participants (pledged vows). If new blood comes in with vows close the current averages I wouldn’t be surprised to see a change in the top three positions – and a nasty surprise to the “traditional” powers! So guys don’t hold back! Go Liber! …and Index ;)

Ultramarines are really lagging. They only added 1 vow in the past week and total points pledged are the second lowest. However the points/vow seems to be at par with the leading forums so again we have lack of numbers not commitment! Someone needs to explain this to me. How come Ultramarines lag in numbers? Seriously guys, pick up your brushes and stand by the XIII Legion!

However if one is to measure the relative weight of the C:SMs in the ranks of B&C one should look at the Codex Space Marines forums as one. In this case, after the second week, they are the 2nd (!) in points pledged; they increased their vows by 62% w-o-w adding a stunning 9k pts the largest addition among all forums and with more than 1.5k pts difference to the Wolves!!!

Chaos has two conflicting characteristics (well a million actually but I won’t go there right now :D) . in terms of vows its right there with the Wolves. In terms points/vow... VERY low!!! (less than 300). What Chaos lacks is a few super-vows (>1,000pts). Without them, their best chance is to wait for others to fail and keep renewing their own... Not a very sound strategy if the leading forum has currently pledged 3x the points you have. So more high-value entries should be the order of the day!

Ordos Inquisiton continue to try to purge the Galaxy on their own! A noble cause and something for all of us to aspire to! Good luck Brothers – continue upon your path of righteousness!

No Titans yet... :(

So now we enter week 3 of the competition. Good luck to all and remember: After June 15th NO NEW ENTRANTS will be allowed. The teams would be set! So take the vow now or stay on the bench to watch your Brothers fight it out!

Good luck to all!

“I terminatorAM answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete 10 Assault Marines with 2 meltaguns and thunder hammer from Codex: Blood Angels of total value 240 pnts on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

great timing for me to get back into painting

here's the unpainted group shot:

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/2966/20120519171935241.jpg

I, Tokolosh, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete 1 devastator squad of 5 models equipped with 4 missile launchers from Codex:Blood Angels of total value of 130 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Ninth Legion and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end.

WIP photo:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7240/7306647854_1498dc0e0e.jpg

I, Abraxes, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete 1 Vanguard Veteran Squad equipped with 5 power weapons, 5 storm shields and 5 jump packs (340 points) and 1 Reclusiarch with crozius arcanum, bolt pistol and a jump pack (155 points) from Codex: Blood Angels for a total value of 495 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bare the sign of damnation until the year end.

Initial pics to follow ASAP.

Great soups, table in First post is updated. Can you give a bit more color on the load-outs? Although I think I can see most of them... :D

2 identical tactical squads. Power fist, melta gun, and Lascannon (I know there are 2 multimeltas, but those are getting ripped off. It's why they look a different color then the others. Never hit them with the baal red) 210points x2=420

2 identical devestator squads. 3 missiles, and 1 lascannon with dudes. 225x2=450

420+450=870

Archived