+++E Tenebrae Lux+++

Heres more to my vow:

Wolf Guard (5)-18=>90

Bolter(free) and Power Sword(10)

Bolter(Free) and Storm Shield(25)

Plasma Pistol(10) and Power Sword(10)

Plasma Pistol(10) and Thunder Hammer(25)

Twin Wolf Claws(30)

Total:210

Wolf Lord---100

Plasma Pistol(15)

Wolf Claw(20)

Wolf Tooth necklace(10)

Wolf Tail Talisman(5)

Runic Armor(20)

Total:170

Iron Priest-50

3 servitors(30)

Heavy bolter servitor*(15)

WTN(10)

WTT(5)

Total-110

*I know Iron Priests are only allowed 3 but i will take a heavy bolter servitor every so often.

Overall Total-490

Brill and Thanks Capt. Semper

“I Russ Brother 92 answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete The Gravespite Heroes (7 TDAWG w/ 3x TH/SS, 3x WC/WC & 1x AC/PF), Sky Reavers (10 WG w/ 1x TDA HF/PF, 9x Jump Pack w/ 1x PF, 2x PP & 4x Melta Bombs), "Halvar One-Eye" (WL w/ TDA & Twin Wolf Claws) and Battle Leader Harald Skarssenson (WGBL w/ Power Fist & Bolt Pistol) born unto the Fire and Ice of Mother Fenris (C:SW) to the total of 1156 Points on or before August 15th 2012, success will bring eternal glory to the Vlka Fenryka, VI Legion and Space Wolves Chapter. Failure will carry nought but doom and despair to all who know me... If I fail I must bear penitence and carry the sign of damnation until the years-end”

HE...HE...HE big enough for ya dress-wearer? ;)

It's big alright! But the Wolves are known for their tall stories - but can they deliver? Let me put this way: You complete this and you deserve a Saga of your own! hahahaha!!!

@ Arez: Are you officially adding to your vow? Or is it a statement of intent? If it is an official addition I suggest you edit your initial vow and drop me a PM to confirm!

That's cool!

So any other Wolves to step forward? You don't have to be as loud as Russ Brother 92 - smaller vows are also acceptable... But then again your personal sagas will also be... how can I put this... acceptable? :)

“I TheDevourer answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete 1 Grey Hunter Pack (9x man with Wolf Standard, Melta Gun, Mark of the Wulfen), 1 Grey Hunter Pack (5x man with melter), 1 Wolf Scout Pack (5x man with Melter, Mark of the Wulfen), 1 Runepriest (1x man with Chooser of Slain), Lord on Thunderwolf with TH SS, 2 Rhinos and 2 Wolf Guard Battle Leaders (Power Fist and Combi Melta) from Codex: Space Wolves of total value of 895pts on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Vlka Fenryka and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

I StormDragon answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete 1 Wolf Guard Terminator pack (1 TH SS, 1 dual WC, 1 PF SB, 1 FA SB and 1 PW SB) from Codex: Space Wolves of total value 230 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to Vlka Fenryka and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end.

And the link to my WIP thread can be found here starting from post 12 ;)

question for captain semper.

i dont game just collect so when i model i often mess around with weapon loadouts.im just wondering if this would make an entry illegal. i would enter my vow based on the legal codex points and hope youd disregard the weapons for example i plan on doing a grey hunter pack but some may have twin swords/axes and a sniper rifle however i would only be classing them as regular grey hunters boltgun/ccw. if this would be illegal let me knowas i would then try to pledge something else. also can pics be posted on this thread or must you set up a link as per the lpc.

thanks in advance ands ;) on the challenge idea

GREENHORN!!!!

Please remove the individual points costs. Total points only as per standard rules.

I'll make a pledge soon.

Uh oh, Greenhorn's really stepping up to the plate! May have to dig around and see what else I can pledge! ;)

Um thats only stuff thats in my way on my painting desk,still have lots of PA marines and a drop pod to finish ;)

@ Arez: Are you officially adding to your vow? Or is it a statement of intent? If it is an official addition I suggest you edit your initial vow and drop me a PM to confirm!
Will do

“I Keith, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete a Wolf Guard Battle Leader with Frost Axe, Runic Armour and a Wolf Tooth Necklace (125) and a 5 man squad of Grey Hunters with a Power Fist, Plasma Gun and Mark of the Wulfen (125) from Codex: Space Wolves of total value of 250 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to Bran Redmaws Great Company and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

I hope I don't regret this... :D

That's great guys! I see the Wolves are making a stand - and with some hefty vows too - good!

@Keith: I have made a ruling that you can only benefit from upgrades that have some form of physical representaion on the mini. So, Mark of the Wolfen might be possible but the Saga? I'd say edit your vow to exclude the Saga and you're good to go! ;)

@Keith: I have made a ruling that you can only benefit from upgrades that have some form of physical representaion on the mini. So, Mark of the Wolfen might be possible but the Saga? I'd say edit your vow to exclude the Saga and you're good to go! ;)

All done big chief, my numerical OCD is now calm and back in a happy place as 250 is a nicer number than 260!!

As for Mark of the Wulfen, it will be represented - have no fear!!

question for captain semper.

i dont game just collect so when i model i often mess around with weapon loadouts.im just wondering if this would make an entry illegal. i would enter my vow based on the legal codex points and hope youd disregard the weapons for example i plan on doing a grey hunter pack but some may have twin swords/axes and a sniper rifle however i would only be classing them as regular grey hunters boltgun/ccw. if this would be illegal let me knowas i would then try to pledge something else. also can pics be posted on this thread or must you set up a link as per the lpc.

thanks in advance ands ;) on the challenge idea

The thing is you have to pledge a legal unit. "Count as" is fine. As long as you clear the what counts as what and cost them properly you should be ok. Make your vow with that in mind and we can fine tune it afterwards.

That's great guys! I see the Wolves are making a stand - and with some hefty vows too - good!

@Keith: I have made a ruling that you can only benefit from upgrades that have some form of physical representaion on the mini. So, Mark of the Wolfen might be possible but the Saga? I'd say edit your vow to exclude the Saga and you're good to go! :)

could but a long piece of parchment with writing on the model to represent the saga

@Keith: I have made a ruling that you can only benefit from upgrades that have some form of physical representaion on the mini. So, Mark of the Wolfen might be possible but the Saga? I'd say edit your vow to exclude the Saga and you're good to go! :D

Trust a dress wearer to alter rules. I take it that will apply to every costed item in every Codex which doesn't need a full WYSIWYG? Digital weapons for example. A Saga is what truely makes our heroes stand out from other chapters. I wouldn't want to tell a Wolf Lord his Saga counts for nothing because I can't see it.

@Keith: I have made a ruling that you can only benefit from upgrades that have some form of physical representaion on the mini. So, Mark of the Wolfen might be possible but the Saga? I'd say edit your vow to exclude the Saga and you're good to go! :huh:

Trust a dress wearer to alter rules. I take it that will apply to every costed item in every Codex which doesn't need a full WYSIWYG? Digital weapons for example. A Saga is what truely makes our heroes stand out from other chapters. I wouldn't want to tell a Wolf Lord his Saga counts for nothing because I can't see it.

you could - but you may become known as Arez the Headless <_<

@Keith: I have made a ruling that you can only benefit from upgrades that have some form of physical representaion on the mini. So, Mark of the Wolfen might be possible but the Saga? I'd say edit your vow to exclude the Saga and you're good to go! :huh:

you could - but you may become known as Arez the Headless <_<

Hmm...I wouldn't be Arez the anything. I'm not Arez :P

oh what a quote fail >.< I shall bare the shame across my saga no matter how many orks, eldar and occassional skirt/dress-wearing 'allies' may fall through my scything claws...

sorry forte haha - blame it on a lack of sleep <_<

you bidding any then chap?

also @Capt Semper - when you have time free can you update the table with me own pedge? thanks brother

And trust a Wolf to want something for nothing! ;)

But you are correct. It is a ruling made after the rules were posted. The thing is that we want to have point-gains and effort to be somewhat related. Although all armies might have upgrades that are not represented visually, their costs might differ wildly. And for these points entrants would do no effort at all. So I decided against. See the ruling below (I hope I explained the spirit of the law as a proper wording would have to take the size of a Codex to get it complete ;) ).

Also, since I'm here, I assume that upgrades that have no physical representation (for example, Veteran Skills for certain Black Templar units) can't be used to add points to those units that can take them. Is this correct?

You are right. benefits fron items that have no physical represntation cannot be gained. However there are situations (like Terminator honors for example) that a simple purity seal will qualify as WYSIWYG. Or appropriate painting can depict a Mark of Chaos. Also a seperate entry is a seperate entry - So if someone enters a Master of Sanctity (as opposed to a Reclusiarch) he benefits from difference in points - i.e. there is no reason why you should go for cheaprer options if you can achieve better point count with the more expensive counterparts. Same for, say, power armoured Interrogator Chaplains vs. normal Chaplains for the DAs. If you say it's Interoggator then that's what he is.

I look fwd to see how the Mark of the Wolven's gonna look like! (Good luck with that Keith!).

also @Capt Semper - when you have time free can you update the table with me own pedge? thanks brother

Done! Sorry about that Russ Brother.

The tables are a :cuss to use - have you ever tried? Just make a "quote" reply to view the code... And the Wolves are not even the forum with the most vows... To add insult to injury, every time I update the table the whole first post gets corrupted! so I need to delete all and copy/paste all over. That is for any change in the table no matter how small. Ce la vie! :drool: hahaha!!!

haha I've seen the DA sub-forum table - sadly I'm sure you guys will win - last I counted it was topping 5k points wise - then again dress-wearers are known like the french to run from even the smallest of battles B) so I'm sure by mid-may/june there'll be around 5 dress wearers left haha

haha I've seen the DA sub-forum table - sadly I'm sure you guys will win - last I counted it was topping 5k points wise - then again dress-wearers are known like the french to run from even the smallest of battles B) so I'm sure by mid-may/june there'll be around 5 dress wearers left haha

:P you know we aren't too far behind brother? 4600 ish at my count and once i get my vow list sorted, i'll be bringing another 900 atleast :3

You have a point. Vows do not win the competition, completed points do! Furthermore the opportunity to add more vows also gives hope to dedicated groups of painters. Also overconfidence and arrogance might be the doom of many that might fail subsequent vows thus nullifying their previous completions too. However getting people involved is also important.

So come Wolves of Fenris (there are wolves on Fenris, right? B)) make a stand and show the weaklings who's boss! :P

EDIT: The DAs now exceed 10k...

Archived