+++E Tenebrae Lux+++

Chaos is also putting up a fight with 16 participants but they also lack a couple of super vows (something close to 1,000 mark) to bring them at par with the other forums. As it happens is has lowest points/vow ratio among the big players.

We are fighting the Long War, apparently. I know I am. I pledged way too much stuff for the LPC and fell flat on my face. I'm doing this challenge one unit at a time, and hoping to add on a lot of further pledges.

Very cool update!

Well, lacking the big vow is not necessarily a drawback, if you manage to get more people committed. This is a Marathon not a sprint. If you have a smaller group with big vows, even if they complete them (a big IF) they will eventually be called again to take on additional vows as the ones with the smaller vows catch up. How would you feel painting a full army in a month and a half and still have to paint more? I'd say you'd be temted to call it quits! ;) If there is no contingency plan it's gonna show espceially after June 15th where no new entrants will be allowed. So although points win the day, numbers of participants also play a big part!

Glad you like the update! :)

Captain Semper, is it allowed to have units from both the CSM Codex and the Daemon Codex in my vows?

Yes you can. Chaos is the only faction that can choose from two Codices. It's... Chaosy? :)

Captain Semper, is it allowed to have units from both the CSM Codex and the Daemon Codex in my vows?

Yes you can. Chaos is the only faction that can choose from two Codices. It's... Chaosy? :lol:

Wonderful! :D

Good luck mate! Can't wait to see this project developing! It would also benefit from more clear pics. Don't worry - I always struggle with it myself, so I know how it's not easy...

I especially want a better picutre of the Fallen! And name, date of birth, occupations etc... :)

Good luck mate! Can't wait to see this project developing! It would also benefit from more clear pics. Don't worry - I always struggle with it myself, so I know how it's not easy...

I especially want a better picutre of the Fallen! And name, date of birth, occupations etc... :rolleyes:

;) what better to enter into a dark angels painting competition than a fallen angel for the chaos forum :P i'll try n borrow my bro's digital camera for the finished pics as these were done on my phone. this is also a good chance to start up a new warband as i've recently completed a full astartes battle company for my diy chapter, so thanks for the oppurtunity with this competition captain semper. hopefully, i'll be able to add another vow or two after this one is competed :)

After two successfully-completed vows in the LPC Challenge, and after winning the coveted Coolest Vow for the second consecutive time in those same LPC Challenges, it's high time to pick up the gauntlet for this one, and believe me, I've been looking very forward to taking that gauntlet and smacking someone's hopes and dreams so far out of their mouth with it that they'll have to chase them down to taste them again!

For the past three weeks it's been the same thing, no matter where I look, all over the B&C: a bunch of dress-wearing cronies, running their mouths and thinking they're something special by having the biggest group of whiny-about-Caliban, fence-sitting sissies complete the LPC 2012, throwing down challenges to everyone and trying to pretend that anyone even considers them worthy enough to bother. All that proves, though, and like everything else with what remains of the 1st Legion after they let "I Got Punked By Fulgrim and Alpharius Eats My Babies" Guilliman's scabby little book strip them of their power, pride, and identity, they're too afraid of this fact to even talk about it much less think of it themselves, is that they're the biggest bunch of lifeless and purposeless candy-***** in the entirety of the Chapters subforums!

So I say this: just as assuredly as the Despoiler walks the soil of Cadia in triumph as we speak, just as assuredly as Sevatar of the Night Lords looked Lion El'Jonson in the face and called him an ugly hermaphrodite, and just as assuredly as the Lion's spawnlings change their loyalties as often as the BL changes their schizoid personality disorder-having Primarch's hair color, I am going to accept this challenge and do what I do best, and that's put paints to brushes and lay claim to the E Tenebrae Lux Vow Completed signature banner!

I, Anselm Khestra, called 'the Unbeheld', urinate from a very great height on the challenge of the Unforgiven and absolutely will complete 19x Khorne Berserkers armed with bolt pistols, close-combat weapons, or a combination of both, and 1x Khorne Berserker with a plasma pistol and close combat weapon for the Black Legion, 2x Khorne Berserker Skull Champions armed with bolt pistols and power fists, and 4x Khorne Berserkers armed with bolt pistols, close combat weapons, or a combination of both for the World Eaters Legion, and 1x Chaos Dreadnought armed with twin-linked lascannon, chainfist, and heavy flamer from the World Eaters Legion, all from Codex: Chaos Space Marines, of total value 771 points on or before August 15, and I might not even stop with that! Success will bring eternal glory to the Black Legion and to the World Eaters and utter shame to the simpering worms of the Dark Angels Chapter, and the price of failure isn't even going to be spoken of because it's not an option and supping from that table is the purview only for the followers of the Corpse Emperor and his delusional eunuch slaves!

And one more thing: enjoy sitting on your little toy throne and throwing all the challenges you want to, Dark Angels, because in long overdue course and sooner than you're ever going to want. . .the Legions are coming for you, and then you'll truly know what it is to be Unforgiven!

Edit: Just in case you think I was just cutting a promo, you can find my WIP thread right here.

Edit 2: Vow amended with 12 more models added to it. Points have been changed to accomodate.

...just as assuredly as Sevatar of the Night Lords looked Lion El'Jonson in the face and called him an ugly hermaphrodite...

ROFL!!!

Aaanyway, Khestra this was definately the best vow so far... :lol: (no prize though :D)

I was hoping that the long overdue mega-vow (>1,000pts) for Chaos would be this one...

Chaos has a lot of vows for this stage of the Challenge (17 currently) which means that they have some firepower - especially if you guys renew them after you finish the first wave. But some high-point vows that will create the solid core of your effort are also useful. Like vows that will probably not be renewed but will manage to finish until mid-August providing a base of few thousand points on behalf of the Dark Gods... as it stands now you have a fairly low points/vow ratio (280) that when compared with the other forums that have more than 440 (with the exception of BAs that are closer to 330) shows a disadvantage.

So, any takers?

I was hoping that the long overdue mega-vow (>1,000pts) for Chaos would be this one...

Timing of the new Codex is playing a bit of havoc with us, really. Everyone's awaiting what's coming so that they know what to pull the trigger on. This is honestly the first real batch of models I've sat down to futz with since the LPC, and I only entered three models for that. The rest of my army is basically already done with. I'm in negotiations to do up something I might have been able to pledge to this, but the Forge World stipulations rule it out as being legal for this challenge, plus I don't actually have it on hand to declare it. Had it been authorized, and had it been in my possession, it would have put me over the 1000 mark. Once this bunch is finished, I'm going to be hard-pressed to find things for follow-on vows.

I know... we kind of faced similar concerns in the DA forum with all the rumors out there... Also sorry about the FW thingy, I'm really trying to create a level competition here and (most importantly) keep it manageable... ;)

Regardless, I beleive the opportunity to do well does not lie with big vows necessarily... as long as the team is committed, many smaller vows will have more staying power than few big ones... Although a mix wouldn't hurt! :lol:

Hey all, updates to my DAPC vow WIP thread, berzerkers have been basecoated and I've done a lot of the initial detail work i regards to the faces and weapons: my DACP vow

Edited: Ugh, being redundant redundant w/ my posts again, too lazy too change it though...

Edited again: fixed link

I Chapter Master Onyxius answer the pitiful challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete 2 Terminator Squads, 1 Chaos Space Marine Squad and 1 Chaos Lord from Codex: Chaos Space Marines of total value 515 points on or before August 15 and I may stop early to kill loyalists. Success will bring eternal glory to Word Bearers Legion and failure to all Dark Angels. There will be no doom for me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end unless I piss in my servo armor.

That's great CM Onyx! Glad to see the tradition of colorful Chaos vows is upheld! :unsure:

Good luck - I'll update the front table tomorrow because my catalepsean node gave way...

EDIT: Vow updated! Your Lord (apart from being infinitely cool) looks at a pretty advanced stage of painting... Am I getting this wrong?

What do you mean, by advanced stage of painting? I just finished him. And another chaos Lord is just coming up too

EDIT: Well I paint fast, right after I finish assembling a model, I apint them in an hour or less so... Well lets just say my army is always finished before the days end. :D :P

What do you mean, by advanced stage of painting? I just finished him. And another chaos Lord is just coming up too

EDIT: Well I paint fast, right after I finish assembling a model, I apint them in an hour or less so... Well lets just say my army is always finished before the days end. :D ;)

OK my mistake! :lol: Thought he looked done! :D So the one in your vow is the next Chaos Lord - right?

EDIT: Well I paint fast, right after I finish assembling a model, I apint them in an hour or less so... Well lets just say my army is always finished before the days end. :D ;)

OK my mistake! :lol: Thought he looked done! :D So the one in your vow is the next Chaos Lord - right?

yeah, I'm about to post him in a few minutes, just got done.

This is fortuitous timing indeed. I have begun just this last week or so my Dornian Heresy Chaos army. I only have completed three models plus a nice portion of a fourth, but I do believe I can make a vow to commit against the forces of the Imperial Legions and aid the Dark Angels Legion in their war against the faltering Imperium. Thus I pledge the following in the name of the Arch-Betrayer Rogal Dorn:

6 Imperial Fists, one armed with a Missile Launcher (Chaos Space Marines)

10 Space Wolf Berserkers of Khorne, including a Pack Master armed with a Power Claw. (Khorne Berserkers)

These 350 points I shall first offer up to follow the vanguard I have already sent forth in preparation for this vow.

http://s18.postimage.org/n5uzj24ll/Vow_Vanguard.jpg

:D

Don't know what's scarier, the Chaos Lord or the speed of your painting! B) Loved Gremadus btw - some real talent you got going there... ;) Keep it up!

Thx, been working on a Khorne champion in Terminator armor lately. It's going to be a while until he's done though. He's completely made of Greenstuff. I hope everyone out there is challenging themselves with their chaos models. Praise be Chaos and Lorgar!!!

E TENEBRAE LUX – 2nd WEEK UPDATE

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/DA_Challenge_vs_Chaos.jpg

E TENEBRAE LUX – WEEK 2
Black Templars 24 10,931 455
Blood Angels 26 12,279 472
Dark Angels 33 16,991 515
Index Astartes 16 6,655 416
Liber Astartes 7 5,043 720
Space Wolves 19 12,731 637
Ultramarines 6 2,709 452
Chaos 19 5,625 296
Ordos Inquisition 6 1,633 272
Total 156 74,597 478
- - - -
Codex Space Marines 29 14,407 497

Comments:

The Dark Angels retain the highest number of vows and the highest point-count however the difference with the rest of the forums has narrowed. Still they retain a fairly high points/vow ratio but it is evident that their leading position is challenged from all fronts. They increased their point-count by 30% in the week (5.0k pts).

The Wolves made an impressive effort last week keeping the second position in terms of pledged points increasing last week’s levels by 43% (5.5k pts). They also retain one of the highest points/vow that increased even more compared to last week. This is mainly because of the relatively high density of super-vows (>1,000pts). It appears that the Wolves have an affinity for entering high value vows and they are also very vocal about it! It seems to be a genetic thing... Maybe something that should be looked into?

Blood Angels are the heroes of this week. From a fairly weak position (4th or 5th if we count the Codex Astartes forums together) they climbed to third place overtaking the Black Templars and only a handful of points separating them from the Wolves (around 450pts where the average vow is 470 – so just a vow away from second place). Congratulations guys – the Angels of Blood showed resilience that I guess is a signature trait... Well done. Just to get the measure of effort the Blood Angels increased their pledged points by more than 52% on the week adding 6.4k points the biggest addition of any single forum!

Black Templars continue with their systematic approach to the challenge staying in touch with the top positions but slipping to 4th place with a good 1.3k points behind the Blood Angels. Given their average points/vow it means that, roughly, at this stage they are 3 vows behind... Certainly an easy to cover distance if they don’t slip further -or indeed if the Blood Angels don’t take-off. Still they managed to increase their point count by 41% on the week but adding only 4.4k points. Sorry guys – you need to step-up the effort!

Index Astartes and Liber Astartes are doing a fantastic job! They have increased their vows by 69% and 74%(!) over the week and also increased their points/vow ratio to 416 (from 259) and to 720 (from 442) respectively. However, individually they have a fairly low number of participants (pledged vows). If new blood comes in with vows close the current averages I wouldn’t be surprised to see a change in the top three positions – and a nasty surprise to the “traditional” powers! So guys don’t hold back! Go Liber! …and Index ;)

Ultramarines are really lagging. They only added 1 vow in the past week and total points pledged are the second lowest. However the points/vow seems to be at par with the leading forums so again we have lack of numbers not commitment! Someone needs to explain this to me. How come Ultramarines lag in numbers? Seriously guys, pick up your brushes and stand by the XIII Legion!

However if one is to measure the relative weight of the C:SMs in the ranks of B&C one should look at the Codex Space Marines forums as one. In this case, after the second week, they are the 2nd (!) in points pledged; they increased their vows by 62% w-o-w adding a stunning 9k pts the largest addition among all forums and with more than 1.5k pts difference to the Wolves!!!

Chaos has two conflicting characteristics (well a million actually but I won’t go there right now :D) . in terms of vows its right there with the Wolves. In terms points/vow... VERY low!!! (less than 300). What Chaos lacks is a few super-vows (>1,000pts). Without them, their best chance is to wait for others to fail and keep renewing their own... Not a very sound strategy if the leading forum has currently pledged 3x the points they have. So more high-value entries should be the order of the day!

Ordos Inquisiton continue to try to purge the Galaxy on their own! A noble cause and something for all of us to aspire to! Good luck Brothers – continue upon your path of righteousness!

No Titans yet... :(

So now we enter week 3 of the competition. Good luck to all and remember: After June 15th NO NEW ENTRANTS will be allowed. The teams would be set! So take the vow now or stay on the bench to watch your Brothers fight it out!

Good luck to all!

You should also include points from completed vows to date. That may show our desire to make many small vows will erode the supposedly firm base of the False Emperor's pitiful minions. Plus we are too capricious to know more than a unit or two in advance what models the Ruinous Powers will ordain for us to bless with paint and conversions.

“I, Tchort, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete a Chaos Terminator Lord from Codex: Chaos Space Marines of total value 150 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Black Legion and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end.”

Chaos Lord

- Terminator Armour

- Daemon Weapon

- Personal Icon

I'll be using this thread for progress reports: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=245582

Archived