The Eagles Spire - Semper Fidelis Eagles Eternal

sorry for missing yesterdays update, things cought up to me and i was having issues with my first ever drop pod (and really, its kind of a first ever for vehicles too)

'

so by request, im posting a "tutorial" of a sorts. its really just a guide for the color's and placement. today we'll compare a standard Marine, a Sternguard Veteran, and a Tactical Veteran Sgt. The rank progression in the chapter would see the Tactical Marine promoted to a sternguard, from which he would then become a Vet sgt to a tactical squad. when suitable, the Marine would once again return to the Sternguards, this time as the squads Sgt.

http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o567/lastdog/IMG_1177_zps12bad75c.jpg

From left to right we have the Tactica, Sternguard, and the Vet Sgt. while the sternguard is currently uncompleet, the weapon, and helm would all be done the same. the shoulders and backpack are currently undecided, though the only change would be to add white to the backpack, and replace the trim on the shoulder with white.

as for what can be seen here, the change between Marine and Vet is the white Leggings. the cod piece remains Blue. unseen on the Marine is any squad markings on his legs, which is on roughly 1/5th to 1/3rd of my Marines. the Standard Marine and the Sgt both these markings in red, While the Sternguard wear gold. the shoulder markings remain red. The Vet Sgt returns to the Blue leggings, with a red stripe down the outside of both legs. however, a Sternguard Vet Sgt again wears the white leggings. for uniformity of course. effectivly, every one in the first company wears the white legs, except chaplains. liby's are currently unknown.

im currently thinking that the aprothicarys in the first company will wear all white, while the other companys will wear white except for the legs.

currently ive painted the sternguards purity seals gold, and all others red. im thinking about upgrading the others to gold as well. the blue is royal blue, (or kantor blue now) painted onto black. the red is blood red. i think thats really all there is to it.

finaly, a small update to the army. ive only really been working on the one pod, but here it is so far.

http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o567/lastdog/IMG_1176_zps43f14d84.jpg

this is the First company pod, the second company would not have the two lower panels painted white (blue) the little bit on the top of the fins will be red, as well as the numbers. theres a little space on the inside of the doors between the caution stripes (or where they normaly go) and the "ramp" portion of the door, that will also be painted red. im not sure what color to do the "Ramp" nor how i will do the engine, bottom, or what appears to be the door seal portion of the Fins.

any thoughts or comments to this would be greatly appreciated and welcome. thank you for reading.

Sgts in the squad have blood stripes, as do the entire command squad.

For the most part I build the bases myself, with some of the gale force nine basing kit. Those ten bases I used on the sternguard where an old kit I had gotten off eBay, I think entitled "ancient ruins". I think it might be from secret weapon, or possibly it's some guys Own creation that he sells on eBay. Not sure

Greatings brothers. (And sisters)

I'm sure many of you are wondering why there was now update to my vow Sunday. And I'm sure that a few of you questioned why I didn't make up for said vow on Monday. And I'm hopefully that at least one of you was concerned as to why no vow was posted by Tuesday. Well, after all that I doubt anyone would care if it didnt come Wednesday, so before I lose you're attention, allow me to explain.

I couldn't get on my computer so I've been trying to come up with a solution so that I could post the pics. After much thought, I decided it would be best to post them to a gallery from my phone, and then link said gallery. And now, here is that link

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/album/8395-eagles-eternal-drop-pod/

I've partially put the pod together for viewing purpose, no glue involved. The last two pics are of the red that I've been working on the edge of the doors. I've put a lot of watered down layers and it still comes out like this, any feedback as to how to fix it would be helpful.

Thanks guys.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry guys, photo bucket hasn't let me upload anything onto it these last few days, so the best I can do is link my gallery so you guys see how we'll the drop pod is coming.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/album/8395-eagles-eternal-drop-pod/

Let me know what you guys think. I personaly think the pictures make it look better than it really is.

Well from what I can see it is looking good brother, probably the only marine kit I ave never built or painted so I don't know it's ins and outs but yeah, red could do with a bit of a clean up but but otherwise very nice!

gallery_33129_8395_431311.jpg

gallery_33129_8395_1355812.jpg

gallery_33129_8395_682491.jpg

how do these pictures work?

NightHunter, I realize I didn't take a new picture of the doors that shows how the red looks now, so I think you were looking at the old red. it looks a lot better now imo, and you can see a little of it in the first picture.

disruptor, I call it the internal guidance system, though its really just some form of display screen for the internal guidance system. (it being a "system" means it has multiple components that work together to preform the function it was built for.

Thanks Hamster, im glad that's the image the army puts out. I cant wait to finish some more things and have a decent sized army going. I also cant wait till photobucket works again... no idea whats wrong.

Sunday night update!!! Almost as popular as Sunday night football.... You know, if you replace the word almost with the word not even remotely....

She's nearing compleetion. And to think, I'll only ever have 20 more of these to do in my life....

http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag77/lastdogangle/6D905CD3-4992-4E40-AA3E-90D1E45DC583-24362-00002241B96D944D_zps80e01ff6.jpg

http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag77/lastdogangle/F932F45E-EA59-4C83-9224-50293DAECECC-24362-00002241AA0A80E1_zps888f19d3.jpg

And it only took me an hour to do the hazard stripes

Archived