Awsome army! Can I ask you, from what kit is that banner from the first pictures?

Thank you very much! :D

The first banner is from the Skaven Plague Monk sprue, and comes wih lots of little bells and chains and stuff. Lots of oath-paper style bits, books and little bags in there too. It's quite a handy set of sprues for the more zealous armies to utilise.

Od.

• 1 month later...

INCOMIIIIIIING!

I finally finished my second Helbrute, after just a month of nagging from my hobbybuddy!

The pics are a wee bit big, but have a look see and let me know what you think. biggrin.png

Behold, SKULLSPLITTER!

gallery_50082_8337_63816.jpg

gallery_50082_8337_19180.jpg

And a few close-ups! First off the shoddy, shameful attempt at "jade" on the shoulderpad:

gallery_50082_8337_103779.jpg

Turns out jade is supposed to be green, not blue. And a slightly closer pic of his ugly mug:

gallery_50082_8337_40903.jpg

And a shot of the skullcannon from the side:

gallery_50082_8337_68593.jpg

And finally the icon on his left arm, which I refer to as the FIST OF KHORNE!:

gallery_50082_8337_24281.jpg

Right, well, thanks for looking, and if anyone at all can spot my little attempt to make him a bit less GRARRGHLBLARG than he should be, let me know!

TO THE WORKSHOP! THE BLOODSMITH CALLS!

Od.

You out did yourself on this one!!!thumbsup.gif

Thanks buddy! I'm not 100% happy it, but then I doubt I would be even if I was a GD-standard hobbyist.

Fantastic! Does he have a sword stuck in his belly?

He certainly does! Some little Loyalist sod got lucky enough to shiv him, but it's safe to assume they didn't last long after that...

Thanks again!

Od.

I think we're gonna need a bigger shiv! nice work, especially like the gun with mounted skull.

Thanks buddy!

Now, here's my latest completions, three objective markers which have been slathered together in an enthusiasic fashion, using a mix of all-purpose solvent to greate sticky strings of gore, and the new Citadel Technical paint "Blood for the Blood God" (what was I gonna do, NOT try it?) for lovely slick vitae. I do apologise for the giant, slightly-off pictures. sad.png

gallery_50082_8337_19523.jpg

gallery_50082_8337_83483.jpg

gallery_50082_8337_118866.jpg

gallery_50082_8337_231750.jpg

gallery_50082_8337_253388.jpg

Now the next one I am admittedly quite proud of. So much so that I have decided to name it "Vengeful Desecration". I'm sure the filthy loyalists among you, particularly those thin-blooded descendants of Guilliman, will appreciate this one.

gallery_50082_8337_224694.jpg

gallery_50082_8337_227445.jpg

gallery_50082_8337_208169.jpg

I made those various blood effects using all-purpose solvent (Warning, the Bostik stuff melts pink foam) the new blood paint, an Army Painter Brush: Character, and a Citadel Stippling Brush.

Thanks for stopping by!

Od.

• 1 month later...

Just to prove that I am still finishing stuff as well as continuing my WIPs, here's Brother Quadrath, the last of my Cult of Ruin Obliterators. The paintjob is still pretty awful, but I think he came out better than the other three:

gallery_50082_8337_40990.jpggallery_50082_8337_40813.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Od.

Was a big fan of this log when it first started and am even more impressed upon seeing it again. Outstanding work. Have been tempted to do some Word Bearers with DA bits lying around, if I do your log will be a massive source of inspiration. Really impressive.

edit: Also, if you could bear to share how you did the stringy bits of gore on the objective markers, I'll name a Marine after you. Bloody amazing.

** EDIT**

Was a big fan of this log when it first started and am even more impressed upon seeing it again. Outstanding work. Have been tempted to do some Word Bearers with DA bits lying around, if I do your log will be a massive source of inspiration. Really impressive.

edit: Also, if you could bear to share how you did the stringy bits of gore on the objective markers, I'll name a Marine after you. Bloody amazing.

Oho, I guess this covers you too! :)

WOW! That gore on the objective markers is really good looking(in a vile and disgusting way)! What was the all purpose solvent that you used?

Ta very much! Yeah, for a first effort at using the Blood For The Blood God technical paint it wasn't too bad. The particular glue I used was... hang on... hang on, I'm sure Google can help me out here... hang on...

Aha, this one!
gallery_50082_9057_97570.png

It makes a real mess of the thick pink insulation foam I use for terrain and for these markers (although in its own way that could be pretty cool for certain projects - Nurgle Daemons I'm looking at yoooouuuu), but it settles in lovely strings and globs that look pretty gory once they've dried and had an application of BFTBG. It also works real nice with Tamiya Clear Red, which is what I used on most of my earlier stuff.

All I did to get the strings is apply a wee glob of the solvent to a point, then stretch it out slowly and apply further globs where I wanted the strings to end. I think I got the original idea from a particularly gruesome Tervigon over on CMON. It's best to leave the stuff to dry for a solid hour before trying to apply any paints though.

Thanks for stopping by! biggrin.png

Od.

What is the consistancy of Bostik's? I'm trying to find something equivalent to that here in the States.

Honestly, the first word that comes to mind is "gloopy". Like... halfway between treacle and jelly. Liquid enough to stretch and shape, but thick enough so it doesn't splatter everywhere. About triple the density of GW's standard issue plastic glue. HEY if you Google it it brings up a pic of one of my objective markers! Awesome!

Sorry, er... ah, I can't for the life of me find a picture of it in-progress, as it were. :\

Od.

• 1 month later...

Right, all done, never building another Defiler until I retire and do nothing but hobby all day. So here he is, Gunnraugr the Slaughter Engine, more affectionately known as "Gunny".

gallery_50082_8337_394457.jpg

gallery_50082_8337_369586.jpg

And how about a few close-ups?

gallery_50082_8337_361166.jpg

The fuel tank for the flamer (which probably runs on skulls):

gallery_50082_8337_650678.jpg

And the flamer itself:

gallery_50082_8337_212033.jpg

And here's some of his precious trophies!

The head of some xeno filth:

gallery_50082_8337_137456.jpg

An anonymous Astartes, probably some thin-blooded descendant of that fool Guilliman. The cloth reads: HE KNEW FEAR

gallery_50082_8337_220811.jpg

A bit of devotional scripture, which reads grol S'rkesh Kharneth, ver jia vitak, which is made-up gibberish for "Praise the God of gods, the Lord of Skulls, All Is Blood":

gallery_50082_8337_182767.jpg

Gunny's personal banner, upon which be written Nekhar jia chora, "Death is our prayer":

gallery_50082_8337_302994.jpg

And a close-up of that loveable rogue Mr Mumbles:

gallery_50082_8337_13921.jpg

And it occurs to me that I haven't been able to show off a decent picture of Gunny's ultra-cute face. So here's one!:

gallery_50082_8337_472787.jpg

And when you look at that one I want you to picture a bulky, broad-shouldered and ginger-bearded Englishman grinning into its face with a gormless look of joy and making baby noises. Mainly COOCHY COOCHY COO! OO'S A LOVELY LITTLE HATE MACHINE? YOU IS! YES YOU IS!"

In an ideal world Gunny would respond by making happy little screeches of scrapcode and scamper about on my desk, but that probably won't happen.

I know it's far from being a decent paintjob (I only found out this week that I've been drybrushing wrong for the last year or two) but I'm pleased I finally painted the little chap. Especially as he was a gift.

Anyway, thanks for stopping by!

Od.

• 1 year later...

With boiling blood and molten brass we praise the Lord of Skulls! In Kharneth's name we command this thread to rise and seek the skulls of the living!

Live, thread of Khorne! LIVE!

Evening all!

I did post this massive update last night, but for some reason it was gone this morning, so let's try again, shall we? I've been all het up with a recent move (goodbye Essex, hello London *gulp*) but I've been adding more of the Red God's folowers to the ranks of the Doomseekers. I probably don't have much time before my missus hears me typing and marches me to bed, though, so here are the pics!

My third Helbrute, Damned Ashak:

gallery_50082_8337_89330.jpggallery_50082_8337_78798.jpggallery_50082_8337_219313.jpggallery_50082_8337_106277.jpggallery_50082_8337_78244.jpg

Thus completed is my Helbrute Mayhem Pack!

gallery_50082_8337_303250.jpg

My Vindicator, "Fury of Nuln":

gallery_50082_8337_132178.jpggallery_50082_8337_362418.jpggallery_50082_8337_276946.jpggallery_50082_8337_161491.jpg

Raptors from the Cult of the Burning Lance:

gallery_50082_8337_30192.jpg

And the curator of the hatemachines, Warpsmith Ghorak Ugorji:

gallery_50082_8337_22824.jpggallery_50082_8337_30203.jpggallery_50082_8337_33093.jpggallery_50082_8337_2994.jpg

And, thanks to an old friend, I have made a small start on the Doomseekers' crusading force, the Brass Fleet:

gallery_50082_8337_17758.jpg

And finally....

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT'S... TIIIIIIIIME!

FIGHTING! Out of the Eye of Terror, with a record of one Ascension, seventy-eight thousand, three hundred and nineteen victories by decapitation, the lord of the Doomseekers, the chosen of Khorne, Prince Kalybos "The Bloodied Wanderer" DOOOOOOOOOOMMMMHUNTERRRRRRRR!

gallery_50082_8337_167460.jpggallery_50082_8337_220895.jpggallery_50082_8337_225763.jpggallery_50082_8337_19281.jpg

Right then, that's your lot! I have one final project to complete for my Doomseekers and it's a big, tracked barsteward with heavy bolters and lascannons, so that's probably going to take some time.

As always, critiques, comments, compliments and complaints are all welcome!

Thanks for stopping by,

Od.

• 1 month later...

Evening all,

I'm starting to think that last gigantic update was a bad idea. Its a lot of pictures, I seem to recall that being troublesome for some PCs. Or maybe that's what the voices want me to think.

ANYWAY! I recently finished a model for a Hero Hammer game (twelve-player free-for-all, any independent character from a given codex, limited to 250pts), and because I'd been meaning to fix this guy up since I ran him over with a chair, building a 250 point balls-to-the-wall everything-but-the-kitchen-sink Juggerlord seemed like a good idea. Now I already know that the pose doesn't look as dynamic as the original, it's way more hunched and you can't really see his breastplate, plus he's not even holding on, BUT he was literally smashed to bits and I am a very lazy man.

So this is Szokhar Thuul, the Outrider. Cursed by Prince Kalybos to seek out planets that might provide his brother Doomseekers with an appropriately worthy death, his soul is forever bound to return to a shrieking brass skull aboard the flagship each time he is slain. Thus he can never claim ascension, nor go to fight in the crimson realm of Kharneth.

gallery_50082_8337_8859.jpggallery_50082_8337_37927.jpggallery_50082_8337_18248.jpggallery_50082_8337_631.jpg

Frustratingly, I think the best things about this model are the dead Hawk Lord and the tyranid trophy.

Dammit.

Oh, and for anyone interested, this was his loadout;

Chaos Lord

Mark of Khorne

Veteran of the Long War

Juggernaut of Khorne

Axe of Blind Fury

Sigil of Corruption

Ichor Blood

Plasma Pistol

Melta Bombs

Gift of Mutation

Dimensional Key

Combat Familiar

Utterly ridiculous, I know, but 250 points on the button and I've always wanted to totally over-equip my characters.

He lasted two rounds of combat (after getting the charge) against a Warboss on Warbike, before smacking himself in the face with the axe and geting snikked by a power klaw. I also completely forgot both the the Combat Familliar and the Ichor Blood.

But the eventual winner of Hero Hammer was *NSFW-drumroll*.....

As always, thanks for stopping by and all comments, critiques, compliments and SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE are welcome. :D

Od.

Archived