​Imperial Fists 1st Company

@IHF. Thank you very much, that's been bugging me for ages.

@Togusa. I fear I may have to find out soon. The idea of painting that lightning is terrifying me. Never done OSL before neither and would really like to have a go. Dunno might be a little beyond me at the mo. Well see.

@Everyone. Thanks for all the views guys didn't realize how much they were racking up.

• 2 months later...

Iron Fists? *thumbs safety off storm bolter* ain't no Iron Fists around here. These are the 7th. The Imperial Fists. Defenders of Terra. Rawr.

But thanks, glad you like em. I picked mine up from eBay, can be an expensive way to build a unit but they are well worth it.

Iron Fists? *thumbs safety off storm bolter* ain't no Iron Fists around here. These are the 7th. The Imperial Fists. Defenders of Terra. Rawr.

But thanks, glad you like em. I picked mine up from eBay, can be an expensive way to build a unit but they are well worth it.

Imperial Fists... oops :wacko: . My spell checker did not like the word Imperial- Fist combined. Well that's what I get for using my work computer :) . Ebay it is I guess, for the Space Hulk mini's ( my walet, and wife will hate me).

Wow! hes been posted up there for a while now and hasnt really attracted much attention. Thanks dude, I think he's my favorite so far. I was gonna pant him ages ago, but I missed out on the first fist expansion by a matter of days I think. So im planning on tackling him once the termies are done and adding him to my vow. Think im well on course. The termies are actually a little further on than the pictures now. More updates tomorrow so watch this space.

Thanks again for all the kind words guys. It means the world. I mean the painting and the hobby is reward enough in and of itself but this is just the icing on the cake.

quick edit: Grenzstein looks even more badass now cos I decided to stop being a wimp and have a go with some greenstuff. Managed to sort the front of his tunic out.

Looks really nice. Loving the yellow tone. Its just right. Terminators look like their coming along nicely and that banner was full of win (literally you could hide your entore army behind it lol).

Keep it up.

James

Thanks James. Im really enjoying painting these terminators.

Question for the board.

Ive based the tabards and parchment with deneb stone. What colour should I use to shade it so it works well with the yellow ive gone for. Also any advice or suggestions for a gold thats gonna work well with these models?

help please!

Those Spack Hulk Termies are going to look beautiful as Fists! :lol:

For the tabards you could try a really thinned down brown wash, not sure which one would work best though.

Try it on another model frist just in case it doesn't work well.

I could see how the gold could be a problem with their armour being bright yellow. How about builiding it up to Silver highlights to give it a white gold look which should give it a more distinct look next to all the yellow.

Also you could try shading it with a purple wash for some subtle colouration? Just a thought.

Mike.

Gorgeous Yellow you're rocking <_<

For the tabards you probably be best lining them with either a thinned Sepia wash or a thinned light Grey,entirely depends on what sort of shade you want them.

• 2 weeks later...

oooo, gutted I missed seeing your stuff today. :P

They are coming aong nicely and should look pretty intimidating once the whole unit and Lysander are done up.

A few months left? I reckon you could easily have them done for the end of November!

Consider it a challenge....:D

Mike.

Im hoping to get em done by the end of November anyway (so I can add Grenzstein to my vow, and have a month to paint him) so challenge accepted Mr Mikey.

Can't wait to start reapplying the yellow and tidying up some of those tide marks, but wanna get as much of the other details done first so i'm not constantly doing touch ups on the armour.

Thanks Shaw. You wouldn't believe how long I spent chopping and sanding and filing. Then I go and look at that last pic and lo and behold, there's the remnants of a blood drop on the back of his wrist.....doh. Not sure how best to tackle that at this stage?!? might just leave it for now and sort it when I eventually get round to stripping em and painting em again. Its amazing me how many mold lines and little imperfections like that start showing up once you start taking pics. Meh.

Ill get there in the end.

Here's the other five.

gallery_67182_7784_2549017.jpg

Again a lot more work to do but i'm happy with where i'm at so far.

Thanks Shaw. You wouldn't believe how long I spent chopping and sanding and filing. Then I go and look at that last pic and lo and behold, there's the remnants of a blood drop on the back of his wrist.....doh. Not sure how best to tackle that at this stage?!? might just leave it for now and sort it when I eventually get round to stripping em and painting em again. Its amazing me how many mold lines and little imperfections like that start showing up once you start taking pics. Meh.

Ill get there in the end.

Here's the other five.

gallery_67182_7784_2549017.jpg

Again a lot more work to do but i'm happy with where i'm at so far.

wow! the space hulk models look great in yellow and i cant believe you got all those damn blood angel symbols off! you did a fantastic job painting them! looking forward to more! keep it up cheers!

Started to reapply the yellow on this chap. Had proper headaches with my wet palette though. The paper was breaking down, I was getting little fibres trapped on the model under the paint. Managed to sort most of it out. This photo is also making him look a little paler then he actually is. I really need to work on my photography skills.

@Gearhart, thanks for the encouragement bro! :tu:

gallery_67182_7784_768293.jpg

Edit: I think I just realized where I've gone wrong on this chap. My yellow mix was 2:1 LD/GY instead of 1:1, Absolutely no idea why ive done that, but he's got another layer to go on yet so hopefully that'll sort it.

He's really starting to come together. The shading on the termie above looks ace.

It's a shame you messed up the mix but it still looks pretty good though I can't really tell how his colour compares to your other marines from the pic.

I'm sure it's easily fixed though.

The paper was breaking down, I was getting little fibres trapped on the model

Not sure if you noticed, but the other day Leeann pulled a few fibres off with the tweezers. ;)

Have you had any more thoughts about thier bases?

Mike.

Archived