​Imperial Fists 1st Company

Looking good, don't flag now! :P

I recommend you take a look at the Coat D'Arms range of paints as they
are the exact same as the late 90's GW paints (which are still epic).

(Psst! Check out P3, which are made by the same company too and are really super! Plus, better/more useful colours IMO. msn-wink.gif)

Looking good, don't flag now! tongue.png

I recommend you take a look at the Coat D'Arms range of paints as they

are the exact same as the late 90's GW paints (which are still epic).

(Psst! Check out P3, which are made by the same company too and are really super! Plus, better/more useful colours IMO. msn-wink.gif)

Haha I fully intend to get some of both. I heard that Coat D'Arms and P3 were developed by Mike McVey, is that true? are you secretly Mr Mcvey pimping your acrylic wares? :P

Thanks guys.

@Gilbear - Looking forward to seeing those Dark Angels buddy, when do you think you'll be happy with them?

@Dorn's Fist - Pics or it didn't happen :P The sternguard are in limbo while I try and figure out what to do about my force since 1st Co. got screwed by new dex. They may end up becoming tacticals if I switch to 3rd Co.

@Anaziel - Thank you very much :)

• 1 year later...
Guess who's back. Got totally disheartened after the last codex change totally destroyed my plans for this army. But you cant keep a good fist down, so I'm having a bit of a rethink but I will have a painted army on the table before the year 40k damn it

Well, this might be a bit out there, but you could always opt for.....30k ph34r.png

Okay, hear me out - if any Legion has an excuse for fielding Indomitus Termi Armour and MK 7 plate, its the Imperial Fists - what with being in / around Terra & Mars for most of the Heresy. You're practically all set - only issue might be the Crux Terminatus, but slap some heresy-era iconography on there and you'd be sorted. Plus if you wanted them to be a bit more authentic, you could slowly add a few FW bits & pieces in there gradually - some MK 7 marines with the Imperial Fist chest / head pack mixed among your existing squads, swapping out the odd bolter for an umbra / phobos pattern & a couple of Mk III marines & they'd be entirely thematic (also, if you wanted some more heresy-era Indomitus, you could always add the odd Gorgon Terminator part here & there :P ).

I know the Heresy ain't for everyone, but I know personally how much of a relief it feels to jump to the 30k boat when something ruins your 40k experience. Plus the background is fantastic.

Anyway, rant over tongue.png

Guess who's back. Got totally disheartened after the last codex change totally destroyed my plans for this army. But you cant keep a good fist down, so I'm having a bit of a rethink but I will have a painted army on the table before the year 40k damn it

Welcome back. Look forward to seeing what you get up to next. ;)

Wow, your Imperial Fists are amazing!

The yellow is uber-smooth, and I like the blue eye lenses... If you did go 30K the crux terminatus could be passed off as the "Roma" battle honour or such like given to the Terran veterans? I am sure there is a reference to it in the index astartes or suchlike.. Now not seen in 40K as there is only one left.

What?? File off the crux?? Such sacrilege!!! Hahaha... I am covering mine with wolf pelts, or just using them as veteran markers.... Onn company or Terran veterans.

Saying that I am repainting all my elites and HQ's to 30K grey. The plan being that I can then intermix my armies, for example assault and jum pack marines in 30 K become PA or Jump pack Wolf Guard in 40K...

Back to the Imerial Fists, you could do similar... The crux is an honorific from the siege of Terra or before then, and still use the terminators for 40K the newer marks 7 & 8 could be makeshift experimental armour used in thetail end of the heresy, just like the mark 5 was a stop gap and the many mixed suits sported by the marines in a mish-mash were also loosely designated as mark 5.

Reference being Deliverance Lost when the Imperial Fists deliver the mark 6 corvus armour to the Raven Guard. The RG ask where the mark 5's are to which they are told , they're already wearing it! :)

Archived