WLK's E Tenebrae Lux Vow Paint Blog and ETL Part 5 Vow

• 3 weeks later...

Im still alive guys, just in a hobby slump.
took part in a 60k Apoc game that actually killed alot of my enthusiasm, rather than boosting it as I was hoping for. fun seeing friends but the game itself was somewhat of a disappointment. 

But Im still trying to truck on, and here is more crap.

Somewhat funny, the thunderwolves were rush painted to be done before the game, and I finished the last few bits earlier tonight. So here is the completed Wolf Lord on TWM, Iron Priest on TWM and Thunderwolf cav pack 1x6. I just took forever to get back to them and get them to a place I was happy with.

First, the pack

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i65/kieran_m/E%20Tenebrae%20Lux%20Vow%204/0707150105_zpslvi70bnt.jpg

now the characters

(I hate the Canis model. I did reuse a backpack on him, and if that breaks vow rules, I'll paint up an extra pack. My hatred of the thundersquirrel had me wanting to move on ASAP)
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i65/kieran_m/E%20Tenebrae%20Lux%20Vow%204/0707150109-1_zpsjeva4jvs.jpg

and the next squad to be worked on
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i65/kieran_m/E%20Tenebrae%20Lux%20Vow%204/0707150107-1_zpsuqodc70q.jpg

That's all for now folks, I hope to have more regular updates from here to the end of the ETL

WLK

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations WLK this is a truly worthy effort! It is a pleasure watching how your skill evolves from ETL to ETL and always coming up with a humongous amount of minis to paint!

I salute you! 

http://www.beastsofwar.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Dark-Angel.jpg

• 9 months later...

So, it's that time again brothers and sisters...time to shake off the cobwebs and apply brush to model!

I, Wolf Lord Kieran, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:
-Wolf Lord, Armor of Asvald Stormwrack, Fellclaw's Ctteth, Pelt of the Balewolf, Morkai's Claws 225 pts
-Wolf Lord, Runic Armor, Melta Bombs, Black Death 155pts

-Contemptor Dreadnought, twin linked Lascannon, Wolf Tail Talisman, Wolf Tooth Necklace 225pts
-Wolf Guard x10, Pack Leader has thunder hammer, 2 frost axes, 2 combi-meltas 270pts
-Wolf Guard x5, 5 storm shields, 5 melta bombs

-Land Speeder Squadron x2, 2 Multi-Meltas 120pts
-Thunderwolf Cav x5, 5 thunder hammers,5 storm shields 425pts

-Relic Leviathan Dreadnought, Storm Cannon 305pts
-Relic Whirlwind Scorpius 125 pts
-Spartan Assault Tank, Frag Assault Launchers 325pts
-Spartan Assault Tank, Frag Assault Launchers 325pts

-Typhon Heavy Siege Tank 350pts

from Codex Space Wolves of total value 3000 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to the Fang and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

For some, painting is a labor of love

For me, painting is just labor

For me, I enjoy painting but absolutely hate assembling models.  At least with 40k I feel like I can customize them enough to justify the attempt.  When I play(ed) Warmachine on the other hand, I often wished that the figures were pre-assembled since there isn't any customization involved.

I am the same as you Wayniac.

I love the idea of posing and customising.

But my expectations of what I think I can achieve far ourstrip what I can actually achieve.

But I love to paint.

If I could find someone that could build models for me I would be in hog heaven.

My 6 year old son still requires a lot of training :D

Oh come now WLK! At least you PAINT your models! I've watched people go from army to army over the years and never touch a brush. wacko.png

When you're trying to find motivation, just remember that Russ and the Al-father are watching!

Archived