LokisSwords ETL Vow

LokisSword

LokisSword's E Tenebrae Lux Vow

Here goes:

I LokisSword answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete:

<Complete> 365 pts - Predator - Lascannon, Lascannon Sponsons, Pintle Storm Bolter and Huterkiller Missile

<Complete> 180 pts - 10 man Tactical Squad, Missile Launcher, Flamer, Pistol & Powerfist Sarge

<Complete> 125 pts - Dreadnought - Multimelta, DCCW & Stormbolter

<Complete> 225 pts - 5 Deathwing Sarge - PS&SB, SB&CF, SB&PF, SB&PF, HF&PF

<Complete> 255 pts - 5 Deathwing Sarge - PS&SB, SB&CF, SB&PF, SB&CF, AC&PF

Total: 1150 pts

From Codex: Dark Angels of total value 1150 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to "The Unforgiven", the Dark Angels and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end.

Ok so here are the starting points for my vows:

Tactical Squad and AOBR Dreadnought:

The other 5 tactical marines are just in black primer in a box somewhere, I shall retrieve our lost brothers!

http://i965.photobucket.com/albums/ae137/LokisSword/Et%20Tenebrae%20Lux/tact_and_dread.jpg

Predator - Still in the Construction Phase, but should be built and primed by end of the weekend.

Currently being magnetised:

http://i965.photobucket.com/albums/ae137/LokisSword/Et%20Tenebrae%20Lux/pred.jpg

Deathwing - My eBay All-Stars, awaiting stripping - going to go in the Detol after I post this:

http://i965.photobucket.com/albums/ae137/LokisSword/Et%20Tenebrae%20Lux/terms.jpg

Wish me luck brothers, as time seems to have suddenly become quite sparse - however I shall be victorious!

Here goes:

FINISHED!

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/263/etlfinal.jpg

Cheers,

Alex

Just a quick check in to update on progress!

Sorry for crappy pics - on my Phone.

The predator is now assembled and has taken a trip to the Armory Paint Booth for an undercoat.

So far turret is magnetised so can replace with autocannon and ammobox. Pintle gunner removable.

Hunterkiller missile is magnetised. Side sponsons didn't work so well (my magnets weren't strong enough), so I'll have to find some replacement sponson hangers.

Front:

http://i965.photobucket.com/albums/ae137/LokisSword/Et%20Tenebrae%20Lux/IMG_20120530_194206.jpg

Back:

http://i965.photobucket.com/albums/ae137/LokisSword/Et%20Tenebrae%20Lux/IMG_20120530_194226.jpg

The recovered suits of TDA have been refurbed and are now freshly scented with the smell of Detol and Flash kitchen cleaner!

"Here, Sarge I don't think much of this new Drop Pod design!!!":

http://i965.photobucket.com/albums/ae137/LokisSword/Et%20Tenebrae%20Lux/IMG_20120530_194259.jpg

Now these are done I'll get on with painting up the Tact Squad, Dread and Pred. Deathwing will have to wait till I can grab some of the wonderful Army Painter bone primer.

Cheers,

Alex

Looks good. Keep it up!

@ Isiah: I got five metals left... Can't bring myself to strip them and re-paint them - too many memories! hahahaha

Got a squad too aint they rocking or what?

Damn right! Really wanna see LokisSword's take on them! Mine look like they are painted with Tippex (Blanco for the Greeks :))...

Memories, that's why I've got them to :)

The original metal terminators are what got me into 40k (from fantasy), I'm gutted I lost my original open helmeted captain termie and the Inquisitor with Psycannon.

I remember buying the original Space Hulk when I was 9 (!) years old and being so miffed with the distorted plastic terminators in that set.

Coming back to Marines (after playing Eldar most of my 40k life) I decided I had to have at least some original metal terminators.

I also have 2 "Exo" terminators, which I'm hoping to cast in resin to enable me to mod-them into some kind of "relic" command squad.

Anyhow, kids in bed - time to paint!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, thought I'd throw up a progress shot since so many Brothers have posted amazing progress and are on to their 2nd or 3rd vows (Congratulations guys you honor the Lion and the Emperor with your devotion).

I've been chugging away on my Tactical squad since I pledged as I saw them as the biggest challenge, i.e. lots of detail / highlighting, where as I feel the Pred and Dread are going to be easier (probably kidding myself there).

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/4582/tactwip.jpg

I'm skipping Company badges for now as I'm still undecided, but tactical, squad and chapter markings will all be going on.

Pretty much just weapons and chest aquilas left to do.

This is the first time I've painted properly since I was 16, I'm now 31. I had a brief stab at getting back into the hobby about 2 years ago but it didn't last, I painted one tactical marine!

I'm currently finding myself a bit slow due to a few factors:

1) Wobbly old man hands, not as steady as I used to be - I'm hoping that will fade with practice

2) Bar 1 brush all my brushes are about 15 years old and feeling there age

3) Having to paint at night under fluorescent lighting, finding it real hard

Anyhow I hope that a couple of nights this week will see me starting on the Dreadnought!

Should I (doubtfully) finish my vow early then I've got Ezekiel, a termie chappy, power armour librarian and 6 bikers I could plow in :)

Onwards and upwards Brothers, the Legion stands with you!

Alex

This is the first time I've painted properly since I was 16, I'm now 31. I had a brief stab at getting back into the hobby about 2 years ago but it didn't last, I painted one tactical marine!

Well lets say very good job so far, pretty solid job on those marines, you really giving me Hope for myself...im 33 now, restarting the hobby myself after at least 8 years absence!

Really even more motivating as any of those "Painting Inner Circle" guys saying to keep on going!

As far as CnC, only one thing, your shoulderpads are almost black compared to the rest of armour..that might be due to photography, and i personally like it the darker the better...just kinda jumped in my eyes! Oh and i like your red so far as i can see it, sure its still not finished painting...pretty solid the more i think of it, wouldnt wonder if they looked like codex standart pics when your done ;)

Ok so here goes. First part of my vow is complete - Tactical squad is all but finished and I'm calling them done for the ETL.

I haven't based as still don't have a scheme decided for my whole army that I like yet.

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/2586/finishedtact.jpg

Now on to the Dreadnought :)

Stobz: Cheers m8, I'll post some better pics with the Digital Camera, rather than my phone closer to the end of the Competition.

I've just realised from the pics that there are a few details (eye lenses, seals and rivets) that need picking out - doh!

Just had to post this picture to, it isn't part of my ETL vow but its a proud moment for a 40k dad when his 7 & 8 year olds complete their first miniatures!

Local GW store manager gifted my daughters with a free marine each when I dropped in to get some new paint. I guess they have to get the kids hooked young on Plasti-Crack these days!

Anyhow after badgering me for a while I relented and let them use my brushes and paints under strict supervision. They did really well, I got them to base coat, shading wash and then drybrush most areas - I just went in and did a quick edge highlight, tidy and dotted in the eyes.

8 year olds on the left, 7 year old on the right - no specific chapters, GW manager told them they could paint them purple with pink spots.... luckily I talked them out of that!

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/8783/kidscf.jpg

Now that's done they want to play a game, so might have to run them through a very small game with a combat squad each.

Calling it a night now, dreads 70% undercoated!

Yeah kids using their dads tools...my dad hates it! :)

You dont know how right you are about getting the young hooked on plastikcrack early...those are their favourite customers, be as protective about your cred card/cash as you are with your tools! :P

Not a bad choice of base colours and places where they are painted, htey show potential!...and your quickfix of HLs and esp the eyes make them look better as most marines i saw back in my GW store times, painted by much older ppl!

Kinda reminds me of this Sorcerer my friend painted and let his youngest brother enter Golden Deamon...the ceater even made 3rd or 2nd Youngblood!

Heck esp the eyes are better as anything i ever was able to manage, hope my new uber Army painter brushes will do the job better now....cant await my order

Amazing looking squad there Loki! I especially like the black shoulderpads, very nice touch! The shading is top notch too as is the deep, shiny green! Keep it up we need some completions fast... ;)

Your tactical squad is coming along real nicely, sir. And don't complain about old man hands, those of us older than you can still keep it steady ;)

Can't wait to see what you'll with the pred!

• 1 month later...

Ok, down but not out....

I'm back - work and family required a chunk of time out. Plus I got sidetracked by Tekkit (Minecraft - my ultimate productivity killer!)

Status check -

Tact squad done.

Dread base coated and shaded.

Deathwing 1 + 2 - bare metal.

Predator - primed.

To get me back in the game (i.e. base coat everything) I blindly picked up a badger cheapo air brush and a can of propellant at the local art store whilst out with the family.

However looks like propellant is a non standard screw thread! DOH! So tomorrow the whole shebang is going back and I'll pickup the GW Spraygun.

2 weeks to go, so going to be tight - but hey it's worth a shot and we still need those completions....

I don't wanna wear the badge of shame!

The Badge of Shame will be revealed next Tuesday - trust me you don't want to end-up wearing it...

Good to see you back Lokis, your points are important in the DA effort - but more importantly I look fwd to see your awesome work! :) Good luck!

Archived