The Albigensian Crusade

Honda

There definitely is one. I had one I gave to a CF player a few weeks back.

That means it either came from the Tactical Kit or the Vanguard Vet kit.

Edit: yep, sprue two on the VV kit, get to the bits sellers!

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Vanguard-Squad-2015

Edited by Brother Adelard

I vote for Option 3, with Option 1 being the runner-up.

As for the power fist, apart from the 'obvious' bit from the Vanguard Veteran squad, you can also consider salvaging one from a lightning claw arm. This means more work, but with the way the hand is positioned and the detailing on the glove, it's totally doable.

• 2 weeks later...

gallery_15184_7227_173825.jpg

And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. 9 An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. 10 But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. 11 Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. 12 This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.”

13 Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying,

14 “Glory to God in the highest heaven,
and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.”

Merry Christmas brothers, peace to you!

• 1 month later...

People act as if "Smash" Captains are new. They aren't.

We fielded the first over 10,000 years ago and set the bar so high that while it is admirable that other chapters try, nonetheless, they are destined to fail.

I refer of course to the 1st Smash Captain, in deed if not name, Sigismund.

gallery_15184_7227_474373.jpg

I got Sigismund when he first came out. A good friend picked one up from FW and sent it to me and I've really wondered what to do with him and how I would do him for all this time. I actually don't know what I will field him as in my Crusade just yet, but I am ready to paint him.

I do know that at the very least, he will be in our my Black armor. He will also be mounted on a base that fits better with the rest of my crusade.

And then there is this guy.

gallery_15184_7227_863678.jpg

gallery_15184_7227_142069.jpg

He will be one of a squad of ten Primaris who will actually become part of my Crusade. I liked the idea that Chaplain Mattias had, of creating a squad of Primaris volunteers.

I wanted him to be a little more Templary, so I chained his bolt rifle to him and added some extra purity seals. As I build out this squad, I'll be looking for some other Templar touches I can add here and there. I don't want them to look uniform, but to continue my approach of every Initiate a knight, with their own personal heraldry or the application of something like a crusade badge to have them stand out.

Potentially, they could also end up being a Kill Team if I wanted.

Anyway, time to "play".

Cheers,

It was a time of new beginnings, a time of old endings, and a time of great uncertainty.

For now, we shall focus on the new beginnings and what became known as the Genesis Squad.

They were all volunteers, known by their brethren for their feat of arms, but also a touch of rebelliousness. Their ZEAL was never questioned. In a brotherhood of giants and heroes, their stature alone caused others to step aside.

Yet, they were not immediately welcomed as brothers-in-arms. There was much to prove.

They carried the weight of their former brothers scrutiny with quiet stoicism.

Patience is a weapon.

gallery_15184_7227_38238.jpg

gallery_15184_7227_864704.jpg

gallery_15184_7227_141338.jpg

gallery_15184_7227_805470.jpg

Cheers,

• 1 month later...

It's been awhile since I've had much to post about. There's been a lot of Real Life going on, mostly related to work, and that hasn't allowed for much hobby time. I don't think I've ever taken this long to paint 11 guys. It's a weird kind of feeling.

But...when I've found little cracks of time here and there, I've continued to make progress on my Genesis squad. I still have little details (e.g. eyes, basing) to do and then look for clean up items, but they are getting close.

Some of the individuals...

gallery_15184_7227_467786.jpg

gallery_15184_7227_912439.jpg

gallery_15184_7227_148688.jpg

gallery_15184_7227_66112.jpg

gallery_15184_7227_129536.jpg

To tie this group together with my Imperial Fists, VIIth Legion, Roma Division, I have added a few spots of yellow (VMC Yellow Ochre) as a nod to my "Brotherhood of Dorn" concept for the Primaris attached to my crusade.

gallery_15184_7227_851489.jpg

So, still alive and kicking, even while being kicked.

Cheers,

Thank you for the feedback brothers, I will strive to get better pictures of them for the completed status.

Looking great so far. Could you imagine to share your process in getting one of them table ready with the rest of us?

I'd be very happy to. Let me get somebody built and I'll go through the process step by step. I think you'll find it pretty straightforward.

Cheers,

• 2 weeks later...