I just want to say that you have GOT to take a video of these on a rotating plinth or something to really get an idea of how the chameleon paint looks IRL. They look awesome with the purplish hue at different angles, I just want to know how it looks on the move.

I just want to say that you have GOT to take a video of these on a rotating plinth or something to really get an idea of how the chameleon paint looks IRL. They look awesome with the purplish hue at different angles, I just want to know how it looks on the move.

I'll do that!!  Its true few of the pictures do it justice.  Its really cool stuff.  I was just looking at buying one. May have to redneck it and just turn it in my hand in the meantime.  I'll probably post it on instagram, then try to get it on here.....since I'm not the most computer saave of people.

• 2 months later...

More work on my Tiger Vanquishers. I added another color to the camoflage with the airbrush and have blocked in metallic areas with black/brown.

tiger08.jpg

tiger09.jpg

Lots of folks have asked on many platforms, so here's some scale comparisons with one of my other Leman Russes...

tigervRuss.jpg

And a FWIW, here's some scale shots against a LR hull of a World War Toons medium and light tank hulls... Shenanigans ahead with them in the future. ;)

mengvRuss.jpg

It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

What's with all the negative waves, man?  :biggrin.::biggrin.:  Love that movie. One of my all time favorites.

Edited by rednekkboss

My knowledge of 70s war movies is indeed limited, I'll admit that...

"Kelly's Heroes"  check it out.  Clint Eastwood, Donald Sutherland, Telly Savalas.  Its a great mix of war movie and humor.

Don't forget Gavin MacLeod - aka Captain Stubing from The Love Boat - as "Negative Waves" Moriarty. 

Also on topic, real curious to see what  you do with the other WWT tanks and if they will integrate as easily into the 40k aesthetic as the Tiger did. 

That must be one of the best "military model to 40K" conversions I've seen in a while, I didn't realize where the extra parts came from at first. Nice work! I need to get some of those WWT models, they look great fun. Also glad to see that Somua there, French tanks are some of my favourites in terms of aesthetics.

• 2 months later...

Been trying to get my Blight haulers finished.  Here they are with most of the base coats done and the first bit of weathering and detailing has begun...

Blighty02.jpg

Blighty01.jpg

And then we have the first member of the Genestealer Cult...an , as yet, unnamed Biophagus. He'll be pretty important since I'm planning many abominations in my army.  More on that backstory later .... unless you have been following me on Instagram, then you already have some ideas.

Biophagus01.jpg

I love the Blighthauler models anyway (being as they are the adorable crossbreed between a Blight Drone, a Carden-Loyd Tankette and a Fiat 500) but in those colours they really pop! Excellent work- the contrast between the flesh and the carapace is especially gnarly.

• 1 month later...

Right!! So, I had/have 2 threads.... I'm now going to one.  I'm not going to repost a bunch of stuff, so the link is still in my signature if you want to see the backlog and older stuff until the post faaaaaaaades awaaaaaaay. However, I'm making one exception... because I don't think to many people caught this one.  My Burna Bomba.

BurnBomb01.jpg

BurnBomb02.jpg

BurnBomb03.jpg

BurnBomb05.jpg

BurnBomb06.jpg

BurnBomb04.jpg

Coming REAL soon.... the beginnings of my "loyalist" force from the Mortifactors Chapter and my finished Biophagus. Just got to move some files around.  Typhus and demon stuff in also in the works, more on that later. ;)  Glad to be back!!  Hope everyone and family got through the covid thing OK so far.

I've started a small loyalist marine force, since I have a ton of "midget marines" in various states of existance and few Primaris guys too.  But, of course, I couldn't go all royal loyal... even though I had several ideas for homebrew chapters, I've decided to give the Mortifactors chapter a shot for a small force. Look them up, they are pretty twisted and borderline.

This chapter has taken a beating. Their homeworld has been ravaged by Tyranids (yet their orbital base still exists, many online think it was a fluff messed up on the part of GW ), they committed the whole chapter to Armageddon, then they somehow were able to commit half the chapter to help defend Ultramar vs Nurgle. Which leaves many questions to me, like.... is Posul, their homeworld lifeless, or just tore up? If it is lifeless (or close to it)...they need to recruit from elsewhere. Obviously, the chapter has taken a beating.  So, I'm thinking they might have a strike force available to put a hurting on someone, but otherwise it seems they'd be looking for new worlds to recruit from and rebuilding their strength. Enter.... the strike force commander, who gets the honorary title for a vengeance force of reinforced company strength, the Lord of Bones (yes, I ripped it off from Game of Thrones.... but it fits.)

LoBwip02.jpg

LoBwip01.jpg

LoBwip03.jpg

Some of the  in-progress shots.....

LoBpip02.jpg

LoBpip01.jpg

Aaaaand the finished product.....

LordoBones1.jpg

LordoBones2.jpg

LordoBones3.jpg

LordoBones4.jpg

Ive also finished up my Biophagus during the shutdown

Biophagus05.jpg

Biophagus03.jpg

Biophagus04.jpg

Biophagus02.jpg

My take on Typhus is up next, so check back!

Cheers y'all!

I too missed that burna bomba but you kinda burned yourself twice by immediately posting that Lord of Bones because OH MY GOD THAT LORD OF BONES!!!!

Dude. I saw it on the gram a couple days back but that was on the phone while bottle-feeding my nurgling and that didn't do it justice (which is another reason why I dislike instagram - phone screens suck for pictures). 

You outdid yourself on him and that's saying something. 

Moar please?

Pretty please?

Oh man these are awesome! I've just been into Augustus' thread and I forgot how much I love reading what you guys have been up to. I've been gone way too long. Ill have to have a proper comb through later but I'm already excited about trying to crack on with some of the Inq28 stuff me and a few locals are thinking about starting. I've been absent because I got a bit sour when my easy method for resizing photos to upload to Bolter stopped working, I'll have to figure something else out and upload some stuff into my dusty old threads. Man this stuff is so cool, Love the GSC guys and the Lord of Bones, so wicked :biggrin.: