The cataracts look great but having looked at some online they only affect the pupil and the iris is left clear and the has a very sharp contrast to the milky cataract. If you wanted to do more then a narrow iris and bloodshot whites would be amazing. Or you could just go with conjunctivitis gloop with some nurgles rot carefully applied to the edges maybe even mix some NR with some white for a layer and then pure NR around that, throw in a bit of light bloodshot glazing to the edge of the eyes before hand and it should really sell it.

With all the different nurgle eyes you keep doing it might be worth sculpting up a test eye to try different things on.

It looks less like cataracts and more like the eyes of a corpse, which I think is quote appropriate.

I'm on the fence about adding to it. I was going for the blind corpse look. I'll probably play with it in photoshop. To add any paint I'd have to dull coat the eyes, then paint and hope it works, so I'm pretty hesitant to put anything on the model until I'm certain.  We'll see. In the meantime, the Fleshmower is coming along well. Pics of that soon.

Here's a better detail shot of Martha's eyes.... but I can see an argument to some sort of buildup of color to cull the "whiteness"  Still want that blind look....

martha107.jpg

And this.... just because your stomach may have settled... ;)

martha106.jpg

I got the lurkers on my desk done. One has been aptly named the "Hi ya!" Poxwalker. The other stickleback.

poxcultist.jpg

The spawn, Harvey/Brent is done.....

HvyBrt03.jpgHvyBrt01.jpgHvyBrt02.jpg

AND  the rusty bits on the Fleshmower are finished. I'm kind of liking the dark tone of the carapace (though that's just my dark brown undercoat) but I'm still at an impass on what color to do the carapace/armor.  My attempts at the dirty off white tend to blend in well with the rusty tones, so they don't contrast much. The easy answer is green, but I'd like to avoid it since everyone and their mum is doing their deathguard rust and green (thanks GW for stealing my scheme)... so maybe some kind of black. Or something completely different.  Any thoughts? And no, the fleshy parts are not finished yet.

Fleshmow01.jpgFleshmow02.jpgFleshmow03.jpg

Looks good. I wish you'd have done that Spawn three years ago during the heydey of 7th, when they were still viable option...

Why not do your Death Guard off-white with details in green, like their original colour scheme?

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

Looks good. I wish you'd have done that Spawn three years ago during the heydey of 7th, when they were still viable option...

Why not do your Death Guard off-white with details in green, like their original colour scheme?

Well... ya never know if someone is going to turn into a spawn or you have a few points left over. I probably started him in 7th edition, at the speed I work :)  As for the Green/white.... my guys are Deathguard (for game purposes), but not really Deathguard (because....DOOooom!) - and being old and generally obstinant, I'm trying to deviate from the published GW stuff. Annnnd, I like painting rust. Not necessarily good reasons, but they are the one's I've got. :wink:  Seriously considering some colorshift paints and a kind of beetle carapace color. Doing some on a test marine to see how well it weathers etc.

Excellent work on Nurgle's children and grandchildren. Now excuse me as I puke out my guts.

Glad I could help. A purging is good for ya every now and then.

Edited by rednekkboss

Thanks guys!  Playing with Colorshift paint from Greenstuff World tonight.  I think I've figured out my process for getting a basic beetle carapace going, now I'm working on weathering and scarring it. Pics soon to follow.  Not usually how I start an army, but it seems the Fleshmower will be setting the tone for my actual Deathguard guys. Beetles and rust.  I just got to be different.

Good lord, Martha is absolutely repugnant. I love it!

BTW, if you want to add some really horrible gunk to the base (or anywhere else for that matter) a mixture of water effects/gloss varnish, modelling snow (such as Valhallan Blizzard) and the paint of your choice makes this delightfully awful chunky, gloopy slop. I used some Skrag Brown for mine to make the feculent sludge that my Beast of Nurgle is spewing.

So I've played with my colorshift paints from Greenstuff world.  And I'm pretty charged about the results. So charged, that its finally helped me decide on a paint scheme for my Death guard guys who have all recently been stripped. More on that later... first, the Fleshmower...

Looks pretty bland and innocent from a neutral position....

fleshmow03.jpg

Then we get some light on it....

fleshmow02.jpgfleshmow04.jpg

......with a bit more intense shine....

fleshmow01.jpg

For the scarred and damaged areas I plan to go with some brown-ish colors, like the scratches on this guy...

carapacedamage.jpg

SO... if you can picture the Heresy Era scheme of the Death Guard- green and white ceramite. I plan to do a "negative" of that.  The "fly carapace" colors where the white ceramite would be, bone/dirty white where the green would be and rusted iron on the trims.  Test marine to follow...and we'll see if I'm crazy or not....er, well...crazier that normal...

The effect is really cool and the rust looks excellent my concern is that you might end up with the details lost because of a lack of light/dark contrast. I had similar when I changed my Nid recipe and while the carapace looked cool it lost a lot of contrast with the main body of the model so the more technical paint job was less striking than the simpler dry brush and wash.

(Edit, fixing an auto correct.

Edited by Mechanist

The effect is really cool and the rust looks excellent my concern is that you might end up with the details lost because of a lack of light/dark contrast. I had similar when I changed my Nid recipe and while the carapace looked cool it lost a lot of contrast with the main body of the model so the more technical paint job was less striking than the simpler dry brush and wash.

(Edit, fixing an auto correct.

I have some concerns there myself, thus I'm doing a test model instead of batch painting a unit. I figure there might be some adjustments, especially for specific models - after looking at some of the plague marines more closely.  Definitely want the fly carapace and flies, in general, to figure prominantly.  Probably will be working in more fly motifs and other coolness with greenstuff. The actual army, for play will likely be cultist and poxwalker heavy, because I have so many already. So the Plague marines will be the wranglers/managers of the army. :)  Planning on some poxwalkers utilizing bits from various armies to add to the growing hoard too.  Fun nurgly stuff ahead.

The test Marine is underway...and I'm loving it.   Still some details and weathering to do on this chap, but you can get the just of the paint scheme. 

DG03.jpgDG04.jpgDG05.jpg

Also beginning work on my next big conversion project.... a Nurgly heretic Thunderbolt.... from a Thunderbolt.  I've been proxying on for air support with my guard army and its been working out great, so its time to build one from an old kit a buddy sent me a while back.

p471.jpg

Planning to cut back the fuselage and put in a couple gnarly plasma engines. The pilot will be a "permanent resident' of the cockpit and there's bound to be lots of crazy engineering that will look like hell until its all done.

p472.jpg

That Plague Marine is looking really good! Those colourshift paints are great, I need to get some of the Turbodork ones too.

Looking forward to the Thunderbolt as well, we don't see enough Chaotic air support (other than the ubiquitous Heldrake) and seeing something really new will be awesome. I'd highly recommend looking at pics of corroded/derelict aircraft for inspiration; it being Nurgle and all it would make sense for it to look like a flying wreck, only held aloft by Nurgle's blessings and wishful thinking!

The new guy looks so cool, RNB, and I am super excited about the thunderbolt project. Incidentally - it's also a razorback! Interesting...

I was wondering, which colour shif metal did you get from GSW? I'm looking at the paints myself to see if I could use then for my Necromunda terrain - to paint oil slicks with...