Thanks, Pandora's Bitz Box!!  Glad you like it. You can also check out my hobby blog (link is in my signature) for a few things that might not get posted here.   Chaos is a great subject for converters. I think its great for those trying to up their model game too. I've learned so much checking out threads here, Pm'ing with folks and just practicing/trying to do the next best model. The challenges here are great for incentive. 

But there's a WHOLE lot of chaos (with a possible drizzle of Lovecraft) coming up, because I have the next month or so off :)  Should be an update soon.

Thanks, Pandora's Bitz Box! Glad you like it. You can also check out my hobby blog (link is in my signature) for a few things that might not get posted here. Chaos is a great subject for converters. I think its great for those trying to up their model game too. I've learned so much checking out threads here, Pm'ing with folks and just practicing/trying to do the next best model. The challenges here are great for incentive.

But there's a WHOLE lot of chaos (with a possible drizzle of Lovecraft) coming up, because I have the next month or so off :) Should be an update soon.

Lovecraftian stuff is always awesome. Thanks to your Cthulhu Patriarch, it gave me an idea for a Cultist leader based on Fate's Gilles de Rais, because that guy can fit into 40k super well

I must have been subconsciously waiting for someone to do something like that with that Deepkin Octopus -- brilliant idea! :)

There's also that huge, Cthulhu-esque statue that appears on the base of that character riding the monstrous seahorse -- that would probably tie into your cult rather neatly, if you can get your hands on it.

• 4 weeks later...

Had to slow down the hobby stuff for a couple weeks because of the shoulder not healing quite right.  BUT, I can still read and type (if the keyboard is on my lap)... not to mention working on that Netflix que.  I DID acquire THESE.....

FWBooks.jpg

I haven't dove into them yet, but just glancing through the conversion possibilities have made me almost giddy. :) I DO have to wonder how a renegade chaos army gets an army bonus when picking a god and the marines don't though. Someone at GW needs a tazing for that.

As for Lovecraft, I've been picking my way through his work since the beginning of June. There's just WAY too much cool to be picked out for a Chaos army. The truely frightening bit is that I've been working on background for the Armies of DOOooom (which are always a bit tongue in cheek, but with an underlaying "serious" bit) for a couple years.  I have never read Lovecraft and only knew very little about his work until this June. The similarities between DOOooom (and his origins) and his Old Gods are a bit uncanny. More to come on that.

Well read up and get those idea wheels turning in your head! Once you are back to 100% I'm going to need a fix of awesomeness.

And yeah, the FW index for chaos has me constantly licking my lips for new goodies and conversions.

No worries man, take your time. Yeah the lovecraft stories are an amazing source of creepy and weird. Thanks to you I have a potential use for that octopus myself which I'm pretty excited about but in no rush to get around to.  Really excited for when you have time to work on something now. don't worry about the hiatus, even if your WIP drops a few pages there's still plenty of us following the post. Rest up buddy.

No worries man, take your time. Yeah the lovecraft stories are an amazing source of creepy and weird. Thanks to you I have a potential use for that octopus myself which I'm pretty excited about but in no rush to get around to.  Really excited for when you have time to work on something now. don't worry about the hiatus, even if your WIP drops a few pages there's still plenty of us following the post. Rest up buddy.

Thanks, mate! Loving those warp talon portals you are doing by the way! 

After some studying of the Imperial Armor books and looking at the models I have laying around ( a buddy just sent me a few kits he had laying around)  when I am back at it with both hands, I'll be doing some scratch building on a  bunch of stuff for my chaos militia/traitor guard/brood bothers guys. Not to mention some creepy tyranid and nurgly stuff.  I can still doodle, so I might be posting some idea/ inspirational sketches here and/or on my blog.  Last couple days I'm starting to wonder if I'm healing right, so I may end up home until the end of August or longer. I'll know for sure later this week.  But I have 2 GW painting handles on order and I think I'll at least be able to chip a way at the ETL and the HUUUuuuuuuuuuge painting backlog I have. :smile.: .

Edited by rednekkboss

This is why I love bolter and chainsword! You never know what your gonna get when you open a thread. I saw your name and opened your thread this morning. Then spent the day taking my kids to an aquarium which had a truly terrifying octopus and knew I would have to check your thread out again when I got home. Now it’s nearly midnight!

This is the home of blinky and ms Charlotte! I’d seen them online but had no context before.

I love your Nurgle stuff. Your green stuff fu is immense. I hope you get well soon.

I got my grubby mitts on a couple of GW painting handles.  Naturally, Mr. J-pox demanded attention.

jokerstand.jpg

I got quite a bit done on him while waiting for washes dry on my Raptors Scout Speeders. Redoing his skin and some of the pustules, working on his "heath Ledger" outfit, but he's coming a long nicely.

jokerip03.jpg

Always has to be the center of attention, that one. Always.

Hushong: I'm liking the painting handles , especially for character painting. I'm also liking them for my left hand/shoulder right now. One thing that was tweeking my shoulder was  manipulating the minis in my hand to paint them. It seems easier with the handle. Although you can pop a miniature out of it with a bit too vigorous of a drybrushing. ;)

When it came out I thought it was gimmicky. But I am always dropping minis by holding their bases and that's never bueno. I had been thinking about getting this to help I just wasn't sure if it was useful. Good to get a review about it.

When it came out I thought it was gimmicky. But I am always dropping minis by holding their bases and that's never bueno. I had been thinking about getting this to help I just wasn't sure if it was useful. Good to get a review about it.

I felt the same way, but I've changed my mind after getting one. I'm still betting I'll find a way to drop one with the handle, which increased the damage potential.

"I'm an Agent of Chaos"

jokerfin.jpg

Mr. J-Pox is DONE!!  I'm thinking he's going to help theme part of a Killteam, once I get the rules.  There's also something else Nurgly on my painting table..... FRED!!!!

crawler2.jpg

And while I was messing around waiting for paint to dry, this fellow got his head attached and is awaiting some greenstuff.  I'll figure out what to do with the tentacles once his new carapace is done.

octop3.jpg

Mr J-Pox apparently forgot his pencil. he still looks vricking perfect though. In a creepy, Burgle kind of way.

Fred is cute. Does he like peanut butter?

The creepy crawler has the potential to be the stuff of nightmares. Will he be a Nurgle Daemon Prince?

Mr J-Pox apparently forgot his pencil. he still looks vricking perfect though. In a creepy, Burgle kind of way.

Fred is cute. Does he like peanut butter?

The creepy crawler has the potential to be the stuff of nightmares. Will he be a Nurgle Daemon Prince?

Fred likes crunch peanut butter.  He tries to avoid Wonder Bread because once it sticks to the roof of his mouth he has a hard time getting it free.

As for the tentacle face, he's going to be my Primarch for my Genestealer Cult/Chaos Cthulu Cult/Nasty abomination Army. ;)

I hadn't noticed his little shirt, tie and waistcoat until these new pics. That's a fabulous touch.

Really looking forward to your project. Cthulu is one of those things that when you find out what it is, you suddenly see it everywhere. It's always been there. A bit like a secret cult. I found the experience of finding out what Cthulu was to be very Lovecraftian in itself.

Super awesome update!

Mr. J-Pox looking in charge! Kind of curious if you will model the rest of the pox walker like his gang from Arkham City.

Fred, regardless of his snack of choice I'm pretty sure he has gum disease! Very cool direction you are starting with for the colors! I've only seen them in old legion colors, current green, and in IV legion colors. Nice to see something different.

And nice to see the new boss get his body! Looking forward to more progress on him and his upcoming crew!