Thanks, y'all for the great comments. I've got to say , she's suprising me a bit how she's coming together. Working on a lot of the details and such tonight. I'll get some photos together and give you another update tomorrow. Coming down the home stretch!!!

Horns and blood are Martha's updates for today.... The horn process, pics show the colors used. Basically, I wanted an aged bone look , so went with warm, grey browns. The bloody parts are pretty simple. GW Blood for the blood gods, occasionally mixed with Druchii Violet and/or Althonian Camoshade depending on whether I wanted to deepen the color or brown it out a bit....

Marthahorns1.jpg

Marthahorns2.jpg

Marthahorns3.jpg

AND the bloody belly and running sores on the body.....

Marthabodblood8.jpg

Marthabodblood6.jpg

Marthabodblood7.jpg

I've had a setback on the eyes. I got a bit squirrelly and decided to make a whole bunch of bloodshot eyes all over the body.  Great idea until I spent 5 hours doing it and it looked too busy (and like hell...to me- you seen that mess if you follow me on Instagram)
It was not the "feel" I wanted for Martha, so now.... On to the repainting. I'll be sticking to just the 3 on the head and going with a deep , disturbing milky blue-grey/white look.  Hopefully, tonight's painting session will be more fruitful. Coming down the homestretch now.

Oof... the old girl has definitely progressed since I last saw her. Mighty impressive thus far, like Nurgle and Yog Sothoth shacked up for a night and this is the result.

I would suggest adding a sheen to the pustules on the body. Give them a slicked look, like they're leaking fluid or plasma. Nurgle's Rot is a personal favorite of mine for this and if heavily diluted you don't get too much green tint, just enough to get the picture.

On the eyes: are you going for a glazed over effect?

Oof... the old girl has definitely progressed since I last saw her. Mighty impressive thus far, like Nurgle and Yog Sothoth shacked up for a night and this is the result.

I would suggest adding a sheen to the pustules on the body. Give them a slicked look, like they're leaking fluid or plasma. Nurgle's Rot is a personal favorite of mine for this and if heavily diluted you don't get too much green tint, just enough to get the picture.

On the eyes: are you going for a glazed over effect?

The pustules on the body aren't quite done yet. Not a big fan of the boogery look of Nurgle's rot, but I can come up with something similar in a more pleasing color.  As for the eyes, ...yeah, cataracts, milky white blind is the plan.

After a failed attempt at , not only the 3 main eyes, but adding more eyes too the body. I hit the restart and went back to the drawing board. Sure more than 3 eyes sounded very good and creepy, but it looked way too damned busy.  So I turned them back into pustules and painted the 3 main eyes Nighthaunt blue-grey. Then this happened....

Marthaeyesdone.jpg

It may look white, but there is very little pure white in there. I only actually used white as a wattered down finisher to help the cataracts out. I had a painting teacher in college that hated white and black paint.  He said why use pure white or black when you can use something else, because pure white and black rarely, if even exist in nature or ....at least our way of viewing it. Because of that I use a LOT of off whites and with these eyes I used really light fleshy-warm off whites. They look white, but they really aren't. Stuff like Elf Flesh or Maiden Flesh etc.  Once I was happy with the blindness, I finished the eyes with 2-3 generous coats of gloss medium.

Some finishing touches on the base and.... boom. Here she is gang.

MarthaFin02.jpg

MarthaFin03.jpg

MarthaFin04.jpg

And one for scale.....

MarthaFin01.jpg

I'll get some more pics up , likely this weekend, with some detail shots. Right now, I'm fighting a nasty sinus infection thanks to our ridiculous pollen season here in America's tourist infested winky. Hmmmmmmm... finish a big Nurgle project. Get a sinus infection. Maybe I need to do a big Slaaneshi project next, the "blessing" could be much more fun.

Cheers y'all!!!

Martha looks beautiful!

And sweet and I think she needs a good cuddle. :devil:

In all seriousness, she's absolutely fantastic, and I will echo above posters, she looks like she was intended to be modeled this way out of the box, and definitely deserves some GW exposure!

Stunning.

It may look white, but there is very little pure white in there. I only actually used white as a wattered down finisher to help the cataracts out. I had a painting teacher in college that hated white and black paint.  He said why use pure white or black when you can use something else, because pure white and black rarely, if even exist in nature or ....at least our way of viewing it. Because of that I use a LOT of off whites and with these eyes I used really light fleshy-warm off whites. They look white, but they really aren't. Stuff like Elf Flesh or Maiden Flesh etc.  Once I was happy with the blindness, I finished the eyes with 2-3 generous coats of gloss medium.

Every painting teacher says that. Its good advice for beginners to never use black paint in 2d media because black paints tend not to mix well and you want to practice mixing paints. Really painting students shouldn't use any colour straight out of a tube.

Another thing about off-whites is that the brain will recognize them as white if they're the whitest thing in view. My 'white' Baneblade is only actually white on the edge highlights because that's the only way edge highlight it in the first place.

The really hard thing to get the handle of is that in bright daylight you can highlight every possible colour with pure white.

No BS, that looks like it could have been a figure from a 3rd party company. Great job. 

I know this was meant as a compliment (and justly so) but that's selling her short - she looks like the new GW sculpt. 

Amazing job, rednekksboss! Martha looks splendidly disgusting. 

The eyes though, I feel like they could be more disturbing. Blinky's eye is suitable infected, while Martha's just look.... blind. Know what I mean?

No BS, that looks like it could have been a figure from a 3rd party company. Great job. 

I know this was meant as a compliment (and justly so) but that's selling her short - she looks like the new GW sculpt. 

Amazing job, rednekksboss! Martha looks splendidly disgusting. 

The eyes though, I feel like they could be more disturbing. Blinky's eye is suitable infected, while Martha's just look.... blind. Know what I mean?

Fair enough on the eyes, but I'm not so sure I want to mess with them.  I might look at them again later this week (after I've had more time away from it)  The only thing I can think of I might add is a bloody ring around the pupils.  I'm really pleased with the cataracht look. I might play with it in photoshop and see what it looks like before I put any paint on the model.