Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Cults of DOOooom! Plague marine

Nurgle Chaos Traitor Guard Hellbrute Plague Marines Helldrake Plaguebearers GenestealerCult Conversion Green stuff

• Please log in to reply
982 replies to this topic

rednekkboss

rednekkboss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,018 posts
  • Faction: Templars of DOOooom!

Thanks everyone for the great comments!  I'm excited about both projects. I suspect I'll be plugging along on the plague marines as a side project while I engineer the T-bolt.

The new guy looks so cool, RNB, and I am super excited about the thunderbolt project. Incidentally - it's also a razorback! Interesting...

I was wondering, which colour shif metal did you get from GSW? I'm looking at the paints myself to see if I could use then for my Necromunda terrain - to paint oil slicks with...

That color is Martian Green. They have so many cool colors. I'm going to pick up a couple for more bug like goodness.  http://www.greenstuf...reen-paint.html

The Plague Marine is well-painted. As for the Plague P-47, will it retain its propeller, or- as you intend to install plasma engines- will you shoehorn a Gatling gun in place of the propeller?

Going with jet engines. I'll chaos up the front end for intakes.  The Imperial T-bolt has twin Lascannons and 2 twin autocannons. The plan (at the moment) is for the twin lascannons over the intake and the autocannons in the wing roots. We'll see how all the engineering goes.

Evil Eye

Evil Eye

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 810 posts
  • Faction: Chaos and Tyranids.

*Puts plane nerd helmet on*

Given the shape of the aircraft, one idea that could be neat would be to have the two plasma jets vertically stacked, ala the English Electric Lightning.

Spoiler

Admittedly I'm not sure if the pair of engines will fit given their size, but it's just a thought.

Also, I can see some of the inevitable spares (especially that engine) being useful for other conversions. Also also, it's given me the idea for CSM with radial-engine styled backpacks.

ztbmByp.png

"Painting with this stuff is like trying to copy the Mona Lisa using Napalm." -DuskRaider on Typhus Corrosion.

"Begone foul demon Cotton Eyed Joe,

Thy grasp here faded a long time ago,

From whence did you come, there you shall go,

I seal thee away now, Cotton Eyed Joe."

The Legion of Vice- Emperor's Children and Friends!

(Formerly known as Squigsquasher)

rednekkboss

rednekkboss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,018 posts

*Puts plane nerd helmet on*

Given the shape of the aircraft, one idea that could be neat would be to have the two plasma jets vertically stacked, ala the English Electric Lightning.

Spoiler

Admittedly I'm not sure if the pair of engines will fit given their size, but it's just a thought.

Also, I can see some of the inevitable spares (especially that engine) being useful for other conversions. Also also, it's given me the idea for CSM with radial-engine styled backpacks.

Always loved the EE Lightning. Just a neat looking plane.  I did a bunch of dry fitting and general thinking on the project tonight and it looks like my best bet will be side-by-side. Probably with a divider like the F4 Phantom II. I'll be hacking a decent bit of the rear fuselage away, but under the tail plane, so I can keep that and help keep the overall lines of the plane. I want people in the know to say "Hey, that's a P47 Razorback...er, uh... but it....it looks kind of ...sick."

rednekkboss

rednekkboss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,018 posts

OK. First guy is finished and I'm pleased, so I'll be moving forward on the rest.  Hacking away at the P47 too, update on that soon.

plGMr01.jpgplGMr02.jpgplGMr03.jpg

• Azaiel, Bjorn Firewalker, Augustus b'Raass and 3 others like this

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,778 posts
  • Faction: KDK, VII, VIII

Nice. I love that you went for the best backpack for it.

• rednekkboss likes this

Evil Eye

Evil Eye

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 810 posts
  • Faction: Chaos and Tyranids.

That Plague Marine looks perfect. The smoke from the censer is especially eye-catching, and the finish on the armour is great- the colour-shift paint really shows up nicely whilst still being nice and grimy.

• rednekkboss likes this

ztbmByp.png

"Painting with this stuff is like trying to copy the Mona Lisa using Napalm." -DuskRaider on Typhus Corrosion.

"Begone foul demon Cotton Eyed Joe,

Thy grasp here faded a long time ago,

From whence did you come, there you shall go,

I seal thee away now, Cotton Eyed Joe."

The Legion of Vice- Emperor's Children and Friends!

(Formerly known as Squigsquasher)

The_son_of_Dorn

The_son_of_Dorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,613 posts
  • Faction: All and none

Well Ding Dong! (Literally) Very nice

• rednekkboss likes this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,306 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Impressive work.
  • rednekkboss likes this

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Nurgle, Chaos, Traitor Guard, Hellbrute, Plague Marines, Helldrake, Plaguebearers, GenestealerCult, Conversion, Green stuff

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)