Great call regarding the replaced face on that...thing. The original was so well sculpted, but it also looked just a bit like a monster from an old Filmation cartoon -- quite cool, but not really all that weird and disturbing. The new design is something else, though -- you should actually try to recreate the pearly look on the eyeballs during the painting process or, even better yet, protect it with some masking fluid: That milky, pearlescent effect works so well for a Nurglite daemon's eyes...

The new traitors are looking fantastic as well -- like something straight from a Dan Abnett novel. Keep up the fantastic work!

Thanks y'all!  It was a "mad scientist" moment in the wee hours of the morning.  I'm very pleased with the vibe.

Great call regarding the replaced face on that...thing. The original was so well sculpted, but it also looked just a bit like a monster from an old Filmation cartoon -- quite cool, but not really all that weird and disturbing. The new design is something else, though -- you should actually try to recreate the pearly look on the eyeballs during the painting process or, even better yet, protect it with some masking fluid: That milky, pearlescent effect works so well for a Nurglite daemon's eyes...

The new traitors are looking fantastic as well -- like something straight from a Dan Abnett novel. Keep up the fantastic work!

I had pearl or black eyes to put in, once I put the pearls in (because I have more of them) I came to the same conclusion. So it will have blind/cateracts whitish eyes. The actual beads are bit scuffed up, so I will have to paint them, but  definitely intend on using some of the lessons I learned doing Blinky's eye a while back.

The traitor infantry is coming together well. The parts and feel look better than I thought they would. All these little hobby "successes" are keeping me working more often. :)

More progress on Martha.....

Martha%2B001.jpg

The tail end is done as well as much of the front around the first set of legs.

Now, on to my Plaguebearer stand-ins.  The idea is some sort of forest demon/Garden of Nurgle demon. Leaf litter, old wood, bone, etc.  Plan on adding more details, moss and such.

Demonruin01.jpg

Hopefully, I haven't bit off more than I can chew since I'm looking at doing about 30.

AND FINALLY.... wierd thing happened to the Primarch I had started for the Genestealer cult. He got chewed up by a super predator (my cat Nerfertiti) and lost a leg.  I was given a bunch of Tyranid bits after my game last week and it all sort of came together in something gloriously Lovecraftian.....

Primarch01.jpg

Lots going on, lots more to do.  My Genestealer Cult codex should be landing soon. With Valentine's Day and all, it'll probably be close to the weekend before I have another update, but all this cool stuff has gotten me in there actually working more, which I'm quite happy about. I mean.... who needs sleep?

I think your conversions, sculpting and painting are awesome craftsmanship but the results are too disgusting for me...
They really give me shivers. Like a car accident. you can't look away but you can't really stand the sight.

Edited by Morskul

Thanks y'all for the kind words. I kind of feel like I'm having fun with the hobby again. Hopefully, I can ride this wave for a while

Love the demon progress. Very inspiring work! One of my declared hobby goals this year is to get better with green stuff! I'm inspired by your models!

Like all things... practice,practice, sell your soul to Chaos and more practice.

I think your conversions, sculpting and painting are awesome craftsmanship but the results are too disgusting for me...
They really give me shivers. Like a car accident. you can't look away but you can't really stand the sight.

Then I am accomplishing my evil plan..... ;)

Love the work you're doing on your Great Unclean One. That thing is the stuff of nightmares. It reminds me of something from an old horror comic; something Bernie Wrightson would dream up. Looking forward to seeing the GUO completed. Wow! What a great model.

Thanks man! Really appreciate the praise. I'm glad the horror vibe is creeping through. While I've been a devotee of Chaos since the late '90s, there are parts of the asthetic I haven't always liked and it seems I've finally reached a knowledge/skill level where I can start to impart my own Visions of Chaos (and other...older things) into the models.

So I saw the title "whispers Martha" and my brain immediately converted that to "wind cries Mary" and got very disappointed that Jimi wasn't here.

I got over it once I saw what you'd done.

You are a trip. :smile.:

Darn it.. you took the title of my next post. :)  I thought of Jimi too, but stole from DC instead. Though she is a Voodoo Child. :)

That patriarch conversion... man, sometimes you see a model, or a paintjob, or a conversion of a single thing, and you want to collect the whole goddamn army because of that one thing, this is that one thing. Brilliant, sir. 

Its kind of setting the bar high for the rest of the army.  I thought I had the minis already, but now I need creepy Necromunda gangers and such to keep the feeling going. Always good to challenge yourself though. :)

Its Leg(s) day for Martha.

martha4.jpg

martha5.jpg

The little claw feet are in and done.  More details to be done in some places, but I have a new schedule now which affords me....get this.... DAILY HOBBY TIME!?!?!?!!!... so A couple more sculpting session should get most of the wormy lower body done. Then the face, a few more details (to make the upper and lower bodies mesh a bit)... then the base.  Instead of literally years, like Ms. Charlotte, Martha could be ready for paint within a fortnight...er, two weeks.... or less!

Also, this guy has been wandering around my desk looking for something he's missing.... which is on order.  More on him and his crew later. ;)

ObsidianLord1.jpg

More work on Martha's bumm.  One more sculpting session and the lower body is DONE. Then one for detailing the head. Then one to finish up the base. Then basing, Then priming!!!!!  I figure I should be painting by next week this time. :)   How's that Augustus????

martha7.jpgmartha8.jpgmartha9.jpg

That's crazy awesome work, man. Does your GS supplier get excited when he hears you on the phone?

Ha!  That Miliput body has been a great thing to build on. I tried to build on something lighter like aluminium foil, but it just made me crazy.  But.... yeah, I just got two more tubes of greenstuff in the mail, because I think Martha will kill what I have left. :)

OK gang! The last bit on the lower body. From smoothly disturbing body contours to full blown gribbliness.....

Marthabod1.jpgMarthabod2.jpg

Marthabod5.jpgMarthabod4.jpgMarthabod3.jpg

Also threw together another little gribbly for my Death guard army, since the few assembled boys are enjoying a stripping bath.  Here's my version of a Fleshmower Drone.

mower1.jpg

mower2.jpg

One more good sculpting session and Martha will be done, which will probably happen Sunday night.  Then finish up the base and off to priming. Moving right along!!!