Look sgreat so far, rednekkboss :smile.:

Question: what kind of pen or implement are you using to get those pips/pimles/rivets (the last for example on the sole of the boots)?

I'm not sure where I got it, to tell you the truth. It was either part of an airbrush kit or an old kid's science kit, but I have 3 large nibs that go to a plastic syringe. I use it for mixing paint or things like adding matte medium to extend paints, etc.  So I use those for things like rivets and pockmarks and such.

An 11th hour addition to the back pack.  Its always good to see behind you. :smile.:

plaguecaster09.jpg

About 2 more hours of painting and he'll be done. That will happen tomorrow night after work.

Augustus : I'm editing the pics my wife too for that little Rednekk sculpting thing. Here's a shot of all my tools.  The nibs I'm talking about are near the glass next to the actual syringe.

tools01.jpg

Hopefully, I'll get that post up on my blog tomorrow night.  Hope its of some use.

Edited by rednekkboss

Cool! THanks for uploading that and to the wife for taking the picture! 

Except for the syringe and the nib, I have all those tools - including that contraption immediately above the greenstuff. ;) 

I'm looking forward to the how to! Make sure to post it here as well - no reason not to share :)

"Except for the syringe and the nib, I have all those tools - including that contraption immediately above the greenstuff."

That's so us old geezers can see all the tiny gribblies.  Regrettably, I wear them while detail painting too. I really don't remember any of this is the brochure about becoming an adult/aging.  They said it would be great.

Man, this guy is looking better and better all the time! The painting on the skin is extremely effective -- so much so, in fact, that you wouldn't even need to paint the armour plates any longer: There's a certain, slightly impressionistic quality about the way he looks now that I really appreciate! Fantastic stuff! :)

Wonderfully grotesque, and congrats on finishing in time. :biggrin.:

Glad you like it! Lets see how that works with Lucius.  The plan that's in my head right now is going to involve some extra sculpting and going a few places out of my comfort zone. Then again... that's the whole idea of a challenge.

After seeing more pics I like this plague caster even more. The eye on the back pack was a great late addition!

Agreed, I like it. That was a last minute thing. I was almost done painting him and was having trouble with the (lack of) detail on the chaos star on the backpack, so ...at 3am, an eye sounded like a great thing to do. :)  I tried to paint it like Blinky's eye, but on that scale the whole cloudy pupil doesn't translate as well.

Saw this on the challenge thread and had to come here and comment, I don't usually like this kind of Nurgle stuff much, but your plaguecaster is fantastic! The mix of pale blue and rusty orange parts really looks great, and the sculpting done in him is very good. Congrats on finishing this masterpiece on time brother!

The eye was definitely a great 3am addition! Did you paint straight onto the gs or have you got some sort of primer paint you put on first?  

No, I primed with a brush and enamel the next day. I primed it in the morning then finished it off when I got home from work that night.  Primer is a must, it helps the acrylic paints grab on better.

The Traitor: Thanks so much! Its especially nice when the non-Nurgle people like it , especially a hobbyist like yourself.

Edited by rednekkboss

Defo need to get me some paintable primer, I had a few ideas/extras i was going to do with urmak, but i had already primed the model

I just use regular Testors Model Master black enamel for things like that. Or whatever you might have in the UK. Just have to have some paint thinner on hand to clean up the brush. :)

I've been called a LOT of things over the past 4 decades, but I'm not sure I've ever been called an inspiration. Least not in a good way . :)  Thanks man, I appreciate it along with all the great comments.  In case anyone is curious, I did a little quick tutorial on how I do some of the gribbly bitz with green stuff over in the tutorial section.  I hope it can help and I hope to do more.    http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/337603-nurgly-sculpting-the-rednekk-way/