Amazing work red! Certainly worth the wait. She turned out perfectly putrid! Whats next on the agenda?

After her base, I'm not sure. Most likely the boring masses of chaos footsoldiers I have to finish and paint, although part of me has the insane desire to build an Ork battlewagon.

If there was ever a player with the right aptitude for painting and converting Orks, it was you.

Well, I am Da Boss ov Da Rednekks! ;)  And my Filthy Xenos Scum thread hasn't seen any action of late...... Hmmmmm

Looks great. It's cool you wan to keep the clear plastic stands looking fresh. I just spray mine black, but your extra effort is worth it. 

Is the base going to be a smallish diorama?

Yeah, that's the plan. There will be some little story on the base. Right now I'm thinking something with a Nurgly Garden theme. But there's likely to be grots or Orks involved.

Some  unexciting progress repairing/blocking in the parts of the resin piece that come into contact with the flight stand.  As has been previously noted, I'm an Ork Mek at heart, so my assault on the piece with my dremel was...uh... less than precise. Once the base is put in and dry, then I can add sand, junk and other things. 

base3.jpg

After looking at the resin piece closely, there is a very good chance I'll , at minimum, resurface the egg/plant things and add some gribbliness. Then there are a few other horrid plans I have....which I won't tell you about just yet. :smile.:

Edited by rednekkboss

• 1 month later...

Yes, I know..... pledging Loyalists for the ETL!  OH such MADNESS!!! Must be the work of Tzeentch.  Or.... they are really Alpha Legion. Well, as a side project - because I always have a sculpting project to work on while I paint - THIS little guy made his way to my table.....

crawler1.jpg

....and yes, I'm still working on Charlotte's base too. 

Cheers Ya'll!

Augustus you get extra interwebs points for two totally awesome gifs!! In my defense, the plan is to trim down the collection, so I'm getting the raptors done so I can rehome them.  Chaos (and genestealer cult) won't be going anywhere. And I likely have enough to build for the next 20 years....especially at my pace. :)

• 1 month later...

Done with shoulder surgery and healed enough to hold minis to paint, I'm back at painting my loyalists for the ETL.  I'm also reading a decent amount , HP Lovecraft included, so no suprise I had to acquire this guy.....

octop.jpg

AND... since every cult needs a leader ...... the conversion begins.

octop2.jpg

Haven't quite figured out what to do with the stuff the Octopus is holding. It'll either get converted to something or have something to do with a poor unfortunate soul on the base.  Must likely the latter. I'm thinking Imperial menial or Inquisitorial guy. The scrolls would still work then.  He won't be in the best of health either way. :)

Oh yeah, that sounds nice. Makes me think of the brain bug from Starship Troopers. Some inquisitorial henchman was gathering scrolls pertaining to thehive the GSC had been hiding out in, secret tunnels, hidden weapons cache, etc and the poor fool got scooped up. And the big guy wants to know what he knows...one way or another.

Or the big guy set up his lair in an old librarium and just likes to sift through data.

Done with shoulder surgery and healed enough to hold minis to paint, I'm back at painting my loyalists for the ETL. I'm also reading a decent amount , HP Lovecraft included, so no suprise I had to acquire this guy.....

[...]

AND... since every cult needs a leader ...... the conversion begins.

octop2.jpg

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

Seriously though. That guy looks awesome. :tu: It's already giving me some ideas for my own Inq28 stuff.

Edited by Gederas

Hey Rednekkboss! I'm new to your thread but I'm glad Im here now, this is a perfect example of why I get jealous of nurgle players and the potential for creative conversions they have.  Some really fun and cool ideas thoughout this thread, really inspiring and a joy to read though!  As ususal when I get to someones thread and there are more than like 10 pages... I dont have the time to get through it all replying about all the work so I'll do it when I can and try to keep up with your updates from now on! Awesome effort man.love

Oh and I love where this Patriarch/Octopus is going... I love that AoS model and I'm trying to think of a fun Tzeetnch way to utilise it myself!....

Edited by Pandoras Bitz Box