Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

LamenterMarine's Lab - Primaris Breachers 10.7.17

21st Founding Cursed Founding Lamenters Chapter

• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

LamenterMarine

LamenterMarine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 516 posts

Nice, they look appropriately terrifying 

Thanks Legio

Looking gorgeous man - superb army shot and all the close ups are great. Admire the boarding shield designs and the Renegade Campaign Badge. (As a Graphic designer that post really got my interest biggrin.png)

So finally found your thread and subscribing for sure biggrin.png

Thanks Scythes, can't say my skills are up to your level....... I did that in a mix of visio and paint. Have to say I am jealous of how you are able to produce such professional content for your website. It's something I very much want to do myself.

Primaris Breachers is an excellent idea! biggrin.png

Thanks Bob, they were begging for it. Afterall boarding actions are where Lamenters excel so the Uber Lamenters had to take after them.

Also, as I am about to embark on the painting of all these dudes, it was rather convenient my new portable modelling/painting station turned up in the post:

gallery_60109_5815_857997.jpg

I must know where that paint/hobbystation is from.... It looks like exactly what I need!

I got it from Frontier Wargaming http://frontierwarga...uct=paint-case; it's pricey but definitely worth it.

Incredible scope your able to take on, you 40k mule you smile.png

Thanks buddy, I'm not normally so productive...suppose it helps to know the end (300) is in sight. Although Primaris does move the goalposts a little.

Cheers

LM

• DutyBeforeAll likes this

LamenterMarine

LamenterMarine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 516 posts

Evening all,

A bit more painting has happened recently, still not complete but this is the third foot assault squad WIP:

gallery_60109_5815_849403.jpg

I've also made my mind up on my squad markings - I prefer a squad to have heraldry rather than standard codex markings where possible; which allows for a bit more variation:

gallery_60109_5815_249106.jpg

Not all of the above will be used though, some came out a bit wrong.

I did want to include a Scythes of the Emperor chapter marking as an alternative to the cross swords or codex assault markings. I'm thinking that there was some action in the Corinth Crusade (where both Lamenters and Scythes fought together) where as a mark of honour etc. the squad replaced it's codex marking with the scythes heraldry.

I might have to hit up Scythes to see if there is some canon or story that he knows of that would be suitable for this.

Cheers

LM

• jaxom and deathspectersgt7 like this

jaxom

jaxom

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 535 posts

Looks great and reminds me of the old Insignium Astartes book. Nice to know other people also sketch out heraldry.

BHoA_2014_Banner_Artificer.jpg  L_T_3_2017_Badge_01_Centurion.jpg  L_T_3_2017_Badge_05_Legate.jpg  L_T_3_2017_Medals.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 21st Founding, Cursed Founding, Lamenters Chapter

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users