This batch looks Great relly digging the Boarding Shields.

Glad you like them, they really did take ages so it's paid off :-)

Is the side project making the Neophytes into awesome Colonial Marines?! With the dropship too :biggrin.: very nice Lamenters so far, loving the different armour marks in the squads.

Thanks, it was actually meant to be a naval press gang (and their ride) for Necromunda (maybe using enforcer rules). I was trying to re-envision these guys but they didn't work out at all so I've gone back to the drawing board:

gallery_60109_6402_13637.jpg

Venerable Brother Glatt looks great! May I ask why you gave the Dreadnought that name?

I might have watched a particular movie about ice hokey...

gallery_60109_6402_2381.jpg#

I really love this movie and have lost count of how many times I have watched it, or quoted the film - it's very quotable.

Trust me, if you haven't watched it yet, you HAVE to. It's hilarious.

Also, in the spirit of hinting at future projects, I give you this reward for putting up with three weeks away in miserable hotels and long haul flights:

gallery_60109_5815_805716.jpg

I've FINALLY GOT ONE!!!!! :drool:

Cheers

LM

Edited by Major_Gilbear
Please keep photos and/or linked images B&F-friendly.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Finally managed to get something completed this month, this time it's the Retaliators that I didn't get done for the BA forum competition at the end of last year. Only took another 3 months:

gallery_60109_5815_715289.jpg

With them done, that is 60 of 100 marines and a dreadnought for the boarding assault force completed.

Now just another 40 marines, command squad, 2 dreads, 2 assault rams, Thunderhawk, BREATHE, 20 terminators and 10 drop pods or boarding torpedoes left to go.

Till the next time

LM

Worth the wait :smile.:

Thanks Jolemai - don't suppose I can get the vow completed badge? :whistling:

OUTSTANDING !!!!!!!

Thanks Deathspecter

Good job on the Lamenters.

Thanks Bjorn

The freehand on those shields is great.

Thanks Sock, was quite pleased with them (they took aaaagggeeesss though), the shape of the skulls reminds me of Darth Vader's helmet:

gallery_60109_5815_318248.jpg

I'm also quite pleased with how the bases came out - they just never get the limelight once there's a big yellow guy on top drawing the eye:

gallery_60109_5815_1490033.jpg

LM

Edited by Mr Yellow

• 3 months later...

Hi All,

It's been a while since I last posted, I've mostly been triathlon training over the last few months as I have a Half Ironman coming up.

I haven't been in a painting mood that much recently so have been doing a lot of building, of that I have a couple of Caestus Rams to show off, one has been base coated with the liberal use of masking tape and various spray cans:

BEFORE:

gallery_60109_5815_805248.jpg

AND AFTER:

gallery_60109_5815_1400953.jpg

The second one will be receiving the same treatment over the next couple of days:

gallery_60109_5815_1105361.jpg

I have plenty of other bits that are WIP: Fire Raptor, another caestus ram, one of the new termites and a bunch of vehicles that are too numerous to list and I will post as and when I have made some progress.

Cheers

LM

Wow, some great work in this thread. Those bases and shields are especially lovely. How was assembly on those assault rams?

Thanks buddy.

The unpainted one went together very nicely, so much so I couldn't understand why everyone moans about it being a bad model.

That was until I built the painted one. That took a lot of filing and swearing and bending to get into shape. Sadly the two prongs are both twisted, and no amount of heat could correct it. So I suppose it is pot luck - although FW don't seem to sell it anymore and I had to rely on ebay (thinking about it, the bad cast could have been a re cast).

Cheers

LM

Edited by Mr Yellow

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, so it's been a couple of months since my last update, this is basically what I have completed and am working on for the ETL.

Firstly are the 2 Caestus Rams and Fire Raptor from my first vow that has now been completed:

gallery_60109_5815_775284.jpg

gallery_60109_5815_1097397.jpg

gallery_60109_5815_1204752.jpg

gallery_60109_5815_1043063.jpg

And finally, this is what my work table/dining table looked like last night:

gallery_60109_5815_633105.jpg

I've also got a Kharybdis Assault Pod in the garage getting base coated at the moment.... It's a complete beast and I wouldn't recommend buying once since it's impossible to store and once you have one, you need another!

Till the next time

LM

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, so for those of you that frequent the BA sub you will see I have been building and painting a LOT of vehicles for the ETL challege.

Work commitments mean that I only have a few days left before I won't be able to do any hobbying for a couple of months.

As a result I have decided to build and paint my Thunderhawk Gunship. IN THREE DAYS!

I started this yesterday, here's everything before it went out to the garage for base coating:

gallery_60109_5815_126096.jpg

I am burning through rattle cans like they are going out of fashion right now. As of 12:00 today I am now ready to paint and weather the interior before assembly of the main air frame:

gallery_60109_5815_1318782.jpg

Granted the metal and hazard stripes make this look more like an IW hawk rather than a Lamenters hawk but the way I am doing this it will all come together at the last minute.

I'll keep posting as this all comes together.

Cheers

LM

You crazy bastard. I'm on month 11 of my Thunderhawk and only have managed to do interior and assembly and magnetisation!

Are you a Super Saiyan or what? Well done!

What is a Saiyan?

Update for today:

gallery_60109_5815_1635781.jpg

Slight snag in that I have run out of superglue so I will have to use a substitute (blu tac) for now.

Next step is to mask up some more of the fuselage, tac on the wings wings and then do the final spray of yellow.

Once that is done, it's simply a case of adding on the small bits and weathering.

Given the number of coats I still need to give it, and the relative drying times, this will probably slip into tomorrow :-(

Cheers

LM