From the overwhelming response to my last post I can tell my pretty picture was the greatest thing since sliced bread. So I have thrown out the old map (figuratively speaking) and created this:

gallery_60109_5815_23217.jpg

much more pleased with this style and layout for the Devlan System. Lots more work needs to be done on this, also since I have drawn the map before starting work on the plot line I might have to make tweaks as I go along to make it fit the story.

Oh and I imagine the big nibbly gribblies would turn up from the right.

Though just to prove that I have not only been doing this I have some men with paint on them:

gallery_60109_5815_355254.jpg

granted not much paint. (And yes that assault squad is still not done). I have decided to strip them and re-do them as a tactical squad as I now hate my old paint scheme and the paint is too thick for my liking. Anybody know how resin responds to simple green?

I have some stuff en route from forgeworld to make up the replacement assault squad along with a still boxed assault squad I must have got a year ago so I will be glue sniffing next week.

I do feel like it's about time I laid the whole army out and did some more progress shots so I may well get round to that next week too.

Thanks for looking

LM

• 1 month later...

Psychedelic Rapier Attack Bike... You took to much man you took to much!

Your Lamenters tactical squad and tempest are damn fine specimens, I hope to see more of your stuff soon.

Quite looking forward to the Fly Agaric Terminator Assault Squad and maybe if we are lucky the Mescaline pattern Iron Clad Dreadnought...

Keep it up kidda :geek:

Thanks guys. I would like to be able to say I have done lots since my last post but unfortunately I have less and less free time on my hands so there is nothing to show at the moment but I will keep plodding on.

@ Gamma - I did the force chart by screen shotting a PDF copy of IA2 (I think) and then pasting it to MS Visio so I could overlay it with my own text boxes. I didn't really take to long to do if I'm honest. If you like I can re-title the image and change a few names and numbers for you, just let me know if you fancy it.

@ The Yak -Thanks man, check out my old blog if you want to see other stuff. I hope to have some new stuff to show off soon(ish) to keep you coming back for more.

Cheers

LM

Your models look great, the yellow is really nice looking, although you of course got the wrong chapter going ;) The chapter orginzation chart is awesome aswell, makes me want to do something smiliar for my 7th Company :) good job and looking forward to seeing further progress.

Built a fast Version for my Lamenters. The really sad thing is that I have nearly all the things that are listed on this table:

http://s7.directupload.net/images/user/120821/temp/sjxq53v2.jpg

@ Gamma - I fail to see how that is bad thing. I'm not sure where I am with how much stuff I have. Might take a stock check some point soon just to see how much more I have left to do.

Out of interest, what does Captain Veronum drive? I'm assuming it's something unpractical and loud like a Ford GT40.

Also, 8 Caestus ARs, you have got to be kidding me.

@ Krishar - Thanks, sorry they have the wrong cough cough right cough cough chapter symbol on them. I am consoled by the fact that I might one day have the complete chapter with only 300 odd guys to collect unlke you flashy types with 1000.

Cheers

LM

• 2 weeks later...

So I have something to show for the last few evenings, now that the light is getting shorter and my outdoors pursuits are curtailed a little.

First thing is a Sanguinary Guard Squad

gallery_60109_5815_638010.jpg

Followed by tactical termies made with the new box set that turned up in the post yesterday :-)

gallery_60109_5815_930712.jpg

They need some green stuffing to fill holes and stuff but they are getting there.

And finally, what I have been doing with the tactical squad in the box set so far:

gallery_60109_5815_870885.jpg

The poses are repeated and I didn't want to have to deal with the iconography on the shoulders so got chopping and decided to go down this route. These guys will definitely be jumping out a drop pod though.

Cheers

LM

I'm curious as to what new box set are you referring to with your termies, as I have not seen any of those pieces. Those look friggin awesome tho man!

I think he refers to the ned starter box of wh40k "Dark Vengeance".

They look pretty cool! Ordered myself a box too and may have to steal your idea ;)

Keep up the good work.

Thanks guys, not sure if I will get any more done this week, the missus is coming over this weekend and I need to clean the place (maybe hide my stuff, though I think I will struggle with the glass cabinet) Oh well.

@ Merizk- Gamma got it in one, the new 40k box. Thanks Gamma.

Feel free to steal any ideas you like, always like to see cut and shut jobs.

Cheers

LM

@ Xenith - The arms are pretty easy to remove, though i tended to only hack off the shoulder pad when the arm was too much a part of the model. Where I can get away with taking the whole arm I did. Generally I tried to retain as much as the model without dark angel stuff on it. Think there's quite a lot of scope for mucking around with these guys, I might be spending some time on ebay over the next few days.

Cheers

LM

Sorry Jolemai, but I do like to keep you on your toes.

By way of an apology I present to you yet more WIP photos. You won't see any more WIP of these guys, just when they are done.

So the Dark Vengeance tactical squad has been converted into assault marine mode (stupidly I need more tac squads to finish my battle company not assault squads so I might have just started to build myself an 8th company <_< )

gallery_60109_5815_314469.jpg

And since I sprayed the assault squad I figured I might as well give these guys the same treatment.

gallery_60109_5815_1085421.jpg

Cheers

LM