Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Harleqvin's WIP, 11/12/2017 photos of new conversions WiP

Dark Angels Heresy WiP Horus Heresy Conversions Successor Chapter

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

Harleqvin

Harleqvin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,271 posts
  • Faction: The Order (Dark Angels)

Yeah. If I place the head looking towards the halbred, I will have to do something with giving him an angle for placement on the base so it doesn't look like he is trying to hit someone in the head persay. So, I would have to use some objects to let it stand on for a "slight" angle to see if I like it that way. If I like it, I will need to use the flames to obscure some of both boots because of the flat standing placement of them

But I am highly in the mind set that a fiery/Flaming scenic base is going to happen for this guy ={D>

It could be mid turning as he's parrying an attack, instead of thrusting for offense. Which would work with how the tassels and cape are flowing.
I'll tinker with seeing how placement of the body can look with the head in that direction, to see if I like it enough.

But before really trying to do that, that I need to finish painting up some SM squads from a commission.

ETL_03_Custos_Fidei_Vow_01.jpg Redemption... One heretic at a time. My DA conversions on FB My works on FB My B&C DA Pre/heresy WiP

Harleqvin

Harleqvin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,271 posts

I haven't posted here on my thread for a bit. A long bit...
I've done some more conversions. Haven't painted much of my own stuff. Been painting things for other people. But I am going to rectify that as I think I have most of the info I need to better accomplish this mixture of HH and Rogue Trader (so close to having the HH game book with DA in it properly!!!! Very stoked for that. Like what half a year to a year from now I think.) Should have my first 30k only model ready to paint up as I just need to prime it (I will likely find a use for him in 40k somehow. Lqtm.) I will post those up when I get the chance, as I have to first put them on FB and then go on a PC to then place them on here.

Starting on several conversions for Tartaros pattern. Currently working on an apothecary (primaris medicae 30k/Dw Command Apothecary for 40k.) going to make an Int-Chaplain and a Librarian in Tartaros (will likely do a Libby in Cataphractii. I kind of made a Cataphractii Int-Chap already. It's in photos a ways back but he's the one with the dreadnought leg plates for shoulder pauldrons.)

I'm a little sad as now my Cypher conversion is going to be relagated to just either an interesting Librarian or a gunslinger veteran/command squad model.
Saying that as I really like that new Cypher model and am impatiently waiting for it to release next month!

I don't know if I mentioned it in a previous post on my thread here but I have decided to forgo completely basic Squad markings/numberings. That way I can just use models how I want to (no worry about "why does this guy have a 4 and all the rest have a 3 in this tactical squad"/"why is there an assault icon a dev icon in this tactical" stuff.)
On the non-calabanite DA I will have a checkered pattern on half of the shoulder (like what I've done on the assault squad near the beginning of my thread. Small chance I might change it as I've only done that on those few models, so it wouldn't be hard, but I think I will leave it and do it for the rest of the army.) I might make a key listing out how all the markings and such will be (having it edited in on the first post I made for this thread.) Easy reference for anyone wondering what the hell I am doing so people don't think I'm insane ={D> Or maybe to better understand my insanity.

Sometime soon I will do a post listing the progress of various conversions. Names and such I will call them (I've already named some, on other postings on this thread.)

(Edit - 9/3/17 "March" I did some other edits with the date as month/day forgetting I said I would be doing DD/MM/YY a long while ago -
I went through and fixed all the broken links on images. There were a couple that I couldn't find but I do not think them not being there anymore has any real impact. Also, figured doing an edit stating this would be better than making a comment on the thread. I will wait to make a new comment when I actually get new photos of WiP up ={D> makes sense)

Edited by Harleqvin, 09 March 2017 - 09:50 AM.

ETL_03_Custos_Fidei_Vow_01.jpg Redemption... One heretic at a time. My DA conversions on FB My works on FB My B&C DA Pre/heresy WiP

Harleqvin

Harleqvin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,271 posts

Hello all, I know it's been a little bit since I added any new photos of any conversion work. Working on my own issues but I have done a tiny bit. With all intentions of getting through depression problems and getting work done, painting and putting together my stuff, getting back to doing conversions, and finishing commissions (and hopefully getting more commissions.) I've gone through and fixed a bunch of broken photo links. I had moved photos around on FB and that caused numbers in the code to change... Kind of annoying but I fixed all that I could and put a lot of them in the posts inside hidden/spoilers to ease loading issues for anyone looking at my work that I've posted on here.
Quite a few photos on this post, and I put them in hidden/spoiler to ease loading.

a while ago I did some work to my Azrael model I've been working on. First photo has the gun arm and gun attached and a terminator for size so you can see how tall I am trying make it. 2nd photo is the left side.3rd is the back.

Hidden Content

As you can see I went with a current model Combi-Plasma from current Tactical Squad kit.
After a while I started feeling that it didn't fit quite right. I am mostly going with the aesthetic of Pre/Heresy style. So I went with the Combi-Plasma from the B@C Mk IV kit.
I think it looks better and it flows with the plasma part being under the bolter part.

Hidden Content

I've done some work for a company champion in Power Armor.

I used the Turmiel model from Dark Vengeance as the basis for the Champion

Hidden Content

The back pack I'll be using.

Hidden Content

Here is the helmet I will use. It's from the Khorne warrior on a juggernaut iirc. i cut off the extra head ornamentation.

Hidden Content

and the art that inspired the combat shield

Hidden Content

Still figuring exactly what shoulder pads to use.

Deathwing Apothecary I started some work. I took the front of a Deathwing Knight and put it onto a Tartaros TDA from BoP. and then I took the gear from Fabius Bile's power pack and they will be attached close to what they are shown now. Obviously still a lot of work to do.

Hidden Content

Those are a few of the things I've been working on. Still quite a few things I need to do to these and other things i was working on before, plus I need to paint several things that I got primed up like my belial conversion, Ezekiel counts as, the Chaplain from B@C, a Praetor in TDA, and my Cypher conversion. Come to think of it I need to take photos of the Chaplain and praetor to post (slight modifications on them...)
Well that's about it for things.

I also really want the DA primaris Lieutenant. I preordered the new codex so I am looking forward to that as I am sure everyone else is ={D>

Edited by Harleqvin, 26 July 2018 - 06:10 AM.

• Interrogator Stobz likes this

Interrogator Stobz

Interrogator Stobz

++ VILICUS PISCARIAM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,142 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels since RT.
Iā€™m not a fan of the wings on the shield, but your work is cool šŸ˜Ž
Keep it up Brother
  • Harleqvin likes this

Be Pure, Be Vigilant, Behave.

gallery_48988_15465_19298.pngETL_2013_04_Primus_Inter_Pares.jpgImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2013B.gifImg_CH00_08Awards_05f_PtR_2012.gifETL_Medal_06.gifsml_gallery_48988_16045_3749.png

Stobz'z DAngles

Harleqvin

Harleqvin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,271 posts

Thank you kindly, Brother Int-Stobz!
I just sometimes see some piece of art in the books and go, "let's try it." lqtm
I won't do another shield like that for myself, though. ={D>

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,117 posts
  • Faction: Iron Hands Legion
Very aggressive pose on the champion, I like it.

Nice work on the shield too, with a little more detailing it'll be very close to the art. The choice of bits, especially with the head are spot on too.
  • Harleqvin likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dark Angels, Heresy, WiP, Horus Heresy, Conversions, Successor Chapter

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users