Wulfebane's ++E Tenebrae Lux++ Painting Vow

Wulfebane

I thought the two WG are almost done - they are the ones in the picture with the Rune Priest earlier - if that is the case there are only finishing touches and you're done!

Hey everyone! Thanks for the complements!

To Cptn Semper, I hope these are a bit more than just some finishing touches. :tu: and as to the Scarecrow, I'll keep that in mind when relaying his domination of DA players when telling ghost sagas around the campfire.

These complete my current vow and I'll be taking a group shot tomorrow along with a post to the main thread to make it official.

gallery_59676_5870_2035959.jpggallery_59676_5870_732278.jpg

gallery_59676_5870_1524503.jpggallery_59676_5870_1355247.jpg

Damn son!! These guys look amazing Wulfebane!!

The little things are catching my eye, like the two different colored wolf tails on the PA WG. I love it!!

Your power weapon (axe) fades are great, is that airbrushed??

And lastly, the white highlights on the Aquila make it look fantastic!!

...kinda missing the classic green bases though...

End of Line

Damn son!! These guys look amazing Wulfebane!!

The little things are catching my eye, like the two different colored wolf tails on the PA WG. I love it!!

Your power weapon (axe) fades are great, is that airbrushed??

And lastly, the white highlights on the Aquila make it look fantastic!!

...kinda missing the classic green bases though...

End of Line

Hehe, yeah I try to mix up pelts so it looks like trophies from multiple wolves.

The axe is all handpainted. I don't own an airbrush... Yet.

And I dunno. Once I get my highland grass from army painter, I think my new basing scheme will look pretty good on the tabletop.

To Cptn Semper, I hope these are a bit more than just some finishing touches. ;)

Well it just shows the vast difference in our painting skills I guess :D Congratulations Wulfebane, not only for completing but also for delivering such great quality end-result.

Now make an official announcement already! I want to update the tables for you and Arez but I want to do it in one go (yes I'm lazy that way... ;))

WOW :) those are gorgeous - then again all your models have been :P - don't suppose I can buy you as my painting creature? I pay in beer, pizza and good tv ;) plus british hospitality ofcs haha only got 4k of wolves to do so not too much ;)

I am seriously in awe of the painting ;) tis people like you and IQ that really make me go "I am a bad painter... I must get to this level" :)

Wow... just WOW! Some amazing work and I love the attention to detail. And I must say, I really enjoy your bases. Are you using the new texture paint? What is your technique/process?

The verdigris is sublime! It makes me want to change my paint scheme!

And one more quick question, have you used Arjac? How is he in combat? What has been your experience? I just picked up the model (sorting through every package to make sure I got a good cast!) and am excited to use him in a game.

Flying Rook

All the bases except the WG with power axe are done using the textured basing paints... I'll look tomorrow for specific color. That one WG though is from an older batch of flocking sand. So very tempted to just rip it off and update it, but need to stay focused on this new vow.

Technique is just drybrushing with some warm green tones, but its still a bit bland for me... Gunna work on it. Earlier in this thread and on some shots of Ragnar in my gallery, you might see some actual rock. I usually try to find nice flat stones with a bit of texture rather than use cork sheets to give it more grit and realism.

As to the Arjac question, if I can afford him, I never take an army without him anymore. Haven't had the chance to play since 6e, but I've had a lot of success putting him in a drop pod with 7 GH and a Jaws RP. His hammer can drop initiatives to a 1 at range and my RP launches Jaws and snipes the IC. I would imagine even more important now that Arjac can make Precision shots with his hammer. I have yet to put him with a pack of TDA WG as I seldom play high enough point games to warrant their cost, but due to 6e making tda so enticing, I plan to change that.

Who is this smooth criminal Wulfebane??!! He looks amazing, as usual!!

I love the way you paint hair (and as I have mentioned before, your stubble/shaved hair technique is bad ass), it almost has a comic look to it.

Another sick model for your army!!

End of Line

this guy looks epic. i like the combi weapon, and what head are you using for this model? and how did u go about doing the combi plasma?

This head.

http://bitzbarn.com/oscommerce/catalog/images/IMG_6041.JPG

I mistook it for my RP's head in the previous page of this thread.

As for the combi, best I can show is the first couple images of this model if you scroll up a bit to see him un-primed. The arm is off of the generic TDAWP. I just sawed off one of the stormbolter barrels, snipped the bullet feed to replace with a smaller clip from the SW PA stormbolter and added a plasma pistol barrel and sight from the SW bits. The rest was all GS-fu to meld the chassis to look seamless.

Absolutely fabulous Wulfebane! Love the Combi-plas, and the conversion work. Just ordered some new SW stuff to jump back into them. Decided I hated the paint scheme I was using on my old ones and to switch over to Bran Redmaw's Company from Ragnar's....I have a good 2 dozen+ models that are painted and have Ragnar's heraldry on their shoulder pads that I am debating on what I want to do with....I may go back and do a force from Rags or I may just sell them...not sure yet.

Anyhow, thank you for the awesome inspiration!

~BtW

...The arm is off of the generic TDAWP.

HUH?? How come I cannot find this model that you speak of??

I love the winged wolf skull on it too!! Enlighten please.

End of Line

Argh! I'm so used to saying Wolf Priest, I don't remember to switch to chaplain. It's this guy.

FIN!

May I present...

Wolf Lord Thane Brazenclaw the Redeye.

gallery_59676_5870_979728.jpg

One of the more boastful of the Wolf Lords in recent milennia, Thane was a clan leader and accomplished raider among the islands of Fenris before becoming one of the Chosen Sky warriors. His braggart nature is embellished by the many trophies and ostentatious ornamentation that he always carries with him into battle.. so as to remember the life and grandeur he once had below the cliffs of Asaheim.

gallery_59676_5870_1773201.jpg

gallery_59676_5870_981388.jpg

gallery_59676_5870_1936795.jpg

gallery_59676_5870_1141045.jpg

gallery_59676_5870_2144546.jpg

Sometime later, I think I'll add gold scrollwork to his cloak, but for now he's finished. This will complete my vow, and sadly I will not be able to make a new one. Regardless, this has been a lot of fun and I want to thank Captain Semper for putting us to the challenge... and hope there's no hard feelings when we win!

C&C welcome as always, and thanks for looking!

That is definitely my favorite work of yours. Love that pose and the painting on the Terminator. And the conversion work.(Rolls several barells down for a job well done)

• 4 weeks later...

The Lord is one of the sweetest models I have seen, and the Arjac shield might be one of the sexiest things I have seen on a Gw model. Now I have to get that model and plagiarize that.

Nice work.

/C

gallery_59676_5870_404980.jpg

Wulfebane,

What did you use for the rocks on Arjak's base? Unless you just went out in the yard to find teeny tiny real rocks? I definitely think he looks much better with that left foot elevated a bit.

V

Archived