LXII Legion Auxilia

There once was a poster named Noctus Cornix, who made the poor decision to fall alseep near 1000heathens. Years as a steely eyed paratrooper made the man loathe to see a single facial follicle non-regulation length and in a fateful fit of dutiful regs enforcement heathens fell upon the man in his slumber with scissors, razor, and trimmer until he was as shorn as the day his mother brought him into the world.

I.... I feel violated just reading that..... :(

Abdomen / stomach. His hand is attempting to staunch the wound; if you look at the side shot, you can see blood running from that area.

If you haven't read the Badab war books yet, I easily place both books in my Top Ten list. If only GW could write a book like FW does, I wouldn't use FW rules as much as I do... ^_^

EDIT: Oops, missed a bunch of responces, sorry... :(

@Nighthunters: Thanks man! Really looking forward to your Alpha Legion build myself! Must be wierd not painting tortoise shell patterns on everything, lol.

@CMK: Thanks, I'm really trying to give each Marine a unique outlook on their place in the War.

@Armond: Sounds good man, I'd love to get a game in with you. And btw, I have 5 kids, yet I still get my painting in, so no excuses... ;) :lol:

@Jimmy: Thanks bro! The shield is from the Vampire Counts skeletons box, it's full of all sorts of goodies, I'd suggest picking one up one day.

@BassWave: Hey, give me some credit, I wrote the fluff after I made the mini, lol. I'm sure I could go back and put a few blood flecks, though, lol.

@Noctis: It's all said with brotherly love, man, no hard feelings, honestly.

@M2C: Ahhhh, I remember when my 1SG shaved my buddy's head in front of the company for that very same reason. Such wonderful memories in the military....

When you want your foe to suffer for being responsible for destroying your brethern and Chapter twice, and burning your adopted homeworld to ash, you don't make 'clean' kills. You make 'em suffer, and scream, and convulse, and vomit blood. Make them realize that though they may win, they will never forget, and they will carry the physical and mental scars for eternity.

Wait 'til you see Michael and Lorek in action....

No, in real life, your beard is sad and has suicidal thoughts. Poor beard.... :D
There once was a poster named Noctus Cornix, who made the poor decision to fall alseep near 1000heathens. Years as a steely eyed paratrooper made the man loathe to see a single facial follicle non-regulation length and in a fateful fit of dutiful regs enforcement heathens fell upon the man in his slumber with scissors, razor, and trimmer until he was as shorn as the day his mother brought him into the world.

So... assisted suicide? :)

Facial hair poetry and casual conversations of how to kill someone in the most agonising and humiliating way aside, I would just like to add that I am loving this plog more and more each day. The models combined with the stories, coupled with the witty banter are to me what this hobby is all about.

Looking forward to seeing more superb models, characterful stories, pathetic whimpering deaths (and practical clarifications of how to achieve them in real life) and space marine facial grooming tips.

Good Stuff

Great job on your Astral Claws, 1000heathens. Having reread through the thread, I see where it was brought up that they seemed to clean. I was inclined to agree, until I read your response and then saw your Marines Malevolent Chaplain. The difference in style is striking, and you should be proud to capable of more than one method. THe conversions on the ACs are great, especially the multi-melta.

Great job, can't wait to see more.

I love you brother!!! ( metaphorically :) )

Impressive work, first your Marines Malevolent, now the Astral Claws! I like the AC very much so I'm very pleased to follow your project, but I want see more Huron's sons!!!!

By the way, love the 2 centurions, and their stories.. A tear out of my eye when I have read the background of Michael..

I'm liking these so far. You could expand on the.. civil war aspect more though. It was confusing to read the first guy's blurb, but the second made more sense.

Thanks gents! I know my fluff can be a little iffy at times, but hey, it's a work in process, lol. Well, onward....

Retaliator Luthias

gallery_37532_7179_31824.jpg

gallery_37532_7179_43402.jpg

gallery_37532_7179_19813.jpg

As the war throughout the Badab sector waged on, Brother Luthias gained a reputation as the unofficial Champion of the LXII. At Vyaniah, Luthias accounted for 4 close combat kills, including Vanguard Sergeant Meric of the Novamarines. At Grief, he murdered Veteran-Brother Maeigo of the Red Scorpions in single combat aboard the Scorpion cruiser Purity of Vengance, a battle that still rings in the halls of the Red Scorpion fortress-monestary to this day. During the purging of Cygnax, Luthais was able to hold the front entrance of Tabulation-House 138 against an onslaught of Fire Angels single handedly for 43 minutes, taking the lives of 14 Fire Angels, and cementing his reputation as a peerless warrior in the throneroom of the Palace of Thorns. Alas, his story ended without a shred of honour, as the first casualty of the LXII as Hive Dominar was first assaulted. Crossing a quiet street with his squad, Luthais suddenly fell to the ground without a word, a neat hole punched through his right eyelens from a Carcharodon sniper. His brothers moved on without him, his glory forgotten, and only a shameful death left as his memory.

Veteran-Sergeant Sloan

gallery_37532_7179_10865.jpg

gallery_37532_7179_3033.jpg

gallery_37532_7179_3196.jpg

After the Angstrom Incident, the Astral Claw high command was forced to reorganize many of their broken companies and Auxilia assets as the Tyrant withdrew his forces into Badab. Sloan, once a member of the now devaststed 16th Company, was reassigned to the LXII after Retaliator Sergeant Vincen's brutal death. Taking command of the 2nd Retaliators, Sloan proved at first to be a solid, if somewhat morose, leader, a man of conviction and honour, only marred by his anguish at the death of his former company brothers. Taking mental refuge from his misery in the glory of the Tyrant and the just actions of his Lord's cause, Sloan slowly became a merciless killer, taking no quarter from any foe, and becoming the model image of a Retaliator. His slaughters and lack of discipline during combat became worse and worse, forgetting his former honourable self, and drowning his pain in the blood of the righteous. Almost uncontrollable by the time the LXII met it's end in the ashes of Hive Dominar, Sloan became a victim of his own fury in the end. Butchering his way through a maniple of Legio Crucius Skitarri, Sloan and his one surviving squadmate found themselves caught in the open as four full squads of Carcharododns surrounded them. Sloan was cut to pieces by the vicious crossfire that ensued, pierced and ripped apart by two dozen bolt rounds, the Tyrant's name howling from his vox-caster as he and his brother were taken apart. His broken remains were left atop the mound of kills he had made that day.

During the recovery operations of Hive Dominar after the Astral Claws' retreat into the Maelstrom, Inquisitorial sweep teams came across a pile of half rotted and burned Skitarri in Hab-Block Alpha-45-2, with only a single Astral Claw body atop the pile. A blood trail, the cement below scraped as if a heavy weight was dragged across it, led from the horrible scene into the sewers, where the trail ended....

Really loving the fluff for Sloan. I also chuckled at the Star Phantom scout fluff. :) I really like the white youve used on him, well on the bits that havent been blown apart :P I expect we shall see more SP and Sharks littering your Claws?

Simply wicked and awesome master Heathen! :) Love the fluff you write and all your creativ moddeling of chars and there men!

Hehe.. You are a realy cool and awesome dude mate ;) Love your mins and stories!

A big salute and cheer in your honour!

This is a great project, love the amount of fluff work you're putting in.

By the way, on the modelling side of things, how much of a mess is made of a GK halberd arm by ditching the storm bolter? I see you patched it up with a shield. I've been toying with the idea of a weapon like that in one of my own squads, but I'm not familiar enough with the GK components to know how much of a hassle it'd be.

• 3 weeks later...

Retaliator Maerik

gallery_37532_7179_15034.jpg

gallery_37532_7179_36281.jpg

Retaliator Sariel, the Angel (Formerly of the Lamenters)

gallery_37532_7179_5109.jpg

gallery_37532_7179_28806.jpg

Fluff will come later, very busy right now....

As for my painting recipies, I follow Nurgling6688's Astral Claw's painting recipies religiously, (Link to his WIP's) except for the white areas (I have my own mix for that)

Thanks for the support, guys!

Sariel, having decided that yellow looked pretty silly on the battlefield (a revelation that came to him when his squad was massacred trying to scout enemy positions without camouflage) decided to steal an enemy suit of power armour. After wiping the blood off, and patching up the holes, Retaliator Sariel was born. Nobody recalled Sariel, but thankfully due to the Lamenters curse of the absurd, nobody really noticed. Sariel sometimes misses his former battle brothers, but continues on, knowing that if nothing else, he'll be slightly harder to kill in silver.

THERE YOU GO I HELPED.

Archived