Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Jimmi's Guide to ... Wet Palettes

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

Tygwyn

Tygwyn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 280 posts
I've only just cottoned on to this one, and am definitely going to give it a go; the tutorials I saw on YouTube showed people using one of those thin sponge cloths for the 'water reservoir'. Has anyone tried those?

Dark Angel player for just over a year (this time - played in 2nd Ed too!)

Developing, mixed 4000 or so points, still nothing that I call "a finished Army" yet.

Always looking for a game in my local area - let me know if you are near Andover, Hants, UK and fancy playing someone easy to beat!

gallery_80718_10858_54871.jpggallery_80718_12077_7395.jpg

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,893 posts
I finally got around to making my wet palette on Monday night and am thoroughly impressed!
I still need a lot of practice but with it I can blend colours far easier than without.

Thanks, Jimmi!

Redemptor Nemiel

Redemptor Nemiel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 36 posts
I use standard kitchen towel in a tupperware container, I use cheap cup cake cases which are made from baking paper, very handy to keep several colours on the go at once and separate. Keep the container un the fridge when not in use and as long as it's got an air tight seal, then your paint will stay wet for weeks.

JeffJedi

JeffJedi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,919 posts
  • Chapter Name: Dark Angels
I use a $1 travel snap top soap dish with sponge cut to fit. I put a long slice of baking paper around the whole sponge so that the baking paper doesn't curl up when wet.

ETL_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_2012a.jpgETL_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_2013c.jpgETL_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_2014e.jpgETL_2015_Banner_02_Custos_Fidei_02.jpgETL_2016_Banner_01_Oath_of_Moment.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users