IA:Dragon Lords WIP

DarkLiege

I have two points:

-First is that this hording of things considered precious to the Dragon Lords is similar to a certain individual known as Trazyn the Infanite. A curious Overlord that goes around the galaxy to collect various items and protect them from the claws of time. I like to picture this and it would fit the chapter well.

-Second point is that I've had two friends now with a chapter named the Dragon Lords. One decided to change it to the Fire Drakes. Personaly I liked that one better as the Dragon Lords became old fast.

I agree with all the above posts and that the Chapter desperatly needs this character.

Good luck!

Maybe the Dragon Lord is 'housing' these techs for some 'special' reason. Maybe, their shamans(librarians) predicted the end time or even something worse, who knows. Maybe, do to this that the Imperium lost contact with them. Just a few more ideas I thought up of to explain their 'Lost Contact' with the Imperium. :eek

BTW, I think I'll stick to the name of "Dragon Lords" instead.

By liking for beautiful things I'm talking about hoarding valuables and the like because they're valuable. Y'know, much as dragons do. Greed, basically. Shiny artificer armor, ancient relics, even works of art. Not necessarily stuff that's especially useful (though much of it may be), but stuff that's shiny (in the figurative sense).

You seem to want to have these guys be noble and caring. Honestly, I'm not sure "like dragons" works well with "noble and caring".

By liking for beautiful things I'm talking about hoarding valuables and the like because they're valuable. Y'know, much as dragons do. Greed, basically. Shiny artificer armor, ancient relics, even works of art. Not necessarily stuff that's especially useful (though much of it may be), but stuff that's shiny (in the figurative sense).

You seem to want to have these guys be noble and caring. Honestly, I'm not sure "like dragons" works well with "noble and caring".

Well, they could be considered caring and noble to the people of the system they are in but to the wider whole of the imperium, they could be considered mysterious.

have just edit and moved the outline to the first post so people could find it easier.

Have expanded on the gene-seed a bit. Have also expanded on the idea that the Dragon Lords are hoarding tech both forbidden and xenos in origin. Tell me what you think? Thanks! ;)

• 2 months later...

Time to revive this topic. <_<

Okay, so I was watching the anime "Toriko" and at ep. 3, it talked about a place called the "Garden" where certain animals are keep and study their behavior. As I was thinking this how cool would it be to have a place on the Homeworld of the Dragon Lords to let their soon-to-become scouts a place for them to train as well as one of the test to see whose fit to become a Space Marine. The Chapter could built a huge wall some kilometers away from their Fortress-monastery housing much of the wildlife or it could be something similar to the wall in the T.V serie "A Game of Thrones" where the Fortress-monastery is outside and the "Garden" is behind it. What do you guys think of this idea? would it work? Certain Space Marines could also go in to hunt so they could be in the first company or Honour Guard as a test by the council rule of the Captain of the company, the leader of the squad their in and the Chapter Master.

• 3 weeks later...
:D Well after a cursory look, I'm guessing you derived your Chapter from the Rites of Battle? As for your new idea, I see no reason that a Chapter might not have some sort of "Garden" but I think it would be for different reasons. For the most part Chapters avoid using structured environments, like civilized worlds (or in this case, a contained wildlife reserve) for recruiting and testing, and I'm positive that such a test wouldn't be used to decide promotion to the Veteran company. Just the battlefield for that, I say.

• 3 weeks later...
^_^ Well after a cursory look, I'm guessing you derived your Chapter from the Rites of Battle?

I'm actually not quite sure what you mean by this. Sorry :D

As for the Whole wildlife thing, I was thinking that that could be one of the test the new recruits will have to take to see if they are worthy of the name Dragon Lords. Promotions of individual marines will be for the battlefield only as that seems more 'right' but marines could still go into this wildlife reserve to come and hone their skills but they could only use the environment and no armor for them to wear.

Alright, So, to me, as cool as the 'artificial enviroment' area for training and skills testing, is...I dont think its really needed since you've classified your Chapters Homeworld as a Feral World. Why not do like the Space Wolves...toss your aspirants a fair ways away from the Home-Fortress with nothing but the skin on their back..or well..Black Carapace..which ever ;P and have them treck back. Those who survive..move onto the next stage, etc.

Out in the cold wilderness there must be various creatures who live there, they can hunt and fight them?

Now..If you really want this 'Garden' idea, perhaps look into changing the world they live upon, to something that would be more feesable and would require such an arena of skill and death. Perhaps expand it further..give it a moon. A 'Garden' moon..where Aspirants are shipped too, dropped off and told to survive. That way you can still have your planet the way it is, and gives you the ability to use your 'Garden' idea.

• 3 weeks later...
Alright, So, to me, as cool as the 'artificial enviroment' area for training and skills testing, is...I dont think its really needed since you've classified your Chapters Homeworld as a Feral World. Why not do like the Space Wolves...toss your aspirants a fair ways away from the Home-Fortress with nothing but the skin on their back..or well..Black Carapace..which ever ;P and have them treck back. Those who survive..move onto the next stage, etc.

Out in the cold wilderness there must be various creatures who live there, they can hunt and fight them?

Now..If you really want this 'Garden' idea, perhaps look into changing the world they live upon, to something that would be more feesable and would require such an arena of skill and death. Perhaps expand it further..give it a moon. A 'Garden' moon..where Aspirants are shipped too, dropped off and told to survive. That way you can still have your planet the way it is, and gives you the ability to use your 'Garden' idea.

The idea of the somewhat similar to the Space Wolves is a great idea tossing them into a place far away from the home-fortress. How about the Dragon Lords built an enclosed environment of wildlife up in orbit with a various amount of wild creatures from different places to look like a 'garden'. Aspirants could be shipped to this place with nothing on them and have to survive in the enclosed environment for a month. Think of the structure of the enclosed environment in space shaped somewhat like half a Sphere with the dome having the tech to change weather at will making it more real.

What do you guys think of this idea for a test to the young recruits

That sounds pretty cool, but I think what the good Inquisitor is getting at is why aren't they using the feral world all around them for this stuff? Is it too deadly, even for a marine? Then it would probably be a death world. If its too tame to be a challenge, point out that its really just feral to the local natives. We just don't want the potential of your homeworld to go to waste.

That sounds pretty cool, but I think what the good Inquisitor is getting at is why aren't they using the feral world all around them for this stuff? Is it too deadly, even for a marine? Then it would probably be a death world. If its too tame to be a challenge, point out that its really just feral to the local natives. We just don't want the potential of your homeworld to go to waste.

The Chapters homeworld is actually a Feral world already in which they are in tribes roaming around. However, the Chapter notice that the world was not a good enough challenge for the new recruits so they went and built a place for the new recruits to be tested than they are already not wanting to collapses the feral world in which they get their recruits from. This also goes not show the talents of the new recruits in using the environment around them to achieve victory on the field of battle and would later be used as a way to strengthen their brotherhood as well.

Hopes this explains it in a way. :blush:

The idea of the somewhat similar to the Space Wolves is a great idea tossing them into a place far away from the home-fortress. How about the Dragon Lords built an enclosed environment of wildlife up in orbit with a various amount of wild creatures from different places to look like a 'garden'. Aspirants could be shipped to this place with nothing on them and have to survive in the enclosed environment for a month. Think of the structure of the enclosed environment in space shaped somewhat like half a Sphere with the dome having the tech to change weather at will making it more real.

What do you guys think of this idea for a test to the young recruits

Sounds like the Hirogens stole Star Trek Voyager's holodeck training programs again.

I think a moon where feral wildlife can potentially thrive is more feasible versus a space station biodome of beasties. If the biodome fauna start killing each other, or the aspirants do it for them, it'll require regular shipments of these exotic creatures to make sure they don't die off, and/or regular upkeep to the artificial environment. A moon's habitat and ecosystem are far more likely to be stabilized than a man made structure requiring maintenance.

Archived