chronometron question

No. Because the 2d6 is a single roll- you rolled 2d6, not two 1d6s.

Just like with the scatter dice its all a single roll, and so by the language in C:Necrons you cant touch leadership tests.

Quick Q.

can the necron chronometron be used to re-roll one of the leadership dice?

No. Because the 2d6 is a single roll- you rolled 2d6, not two 1d6s.

Just like with the scatter dice its all a single roll, and so by the language in C:Necrons you cant touch leadership tests.

Agreed :

A Necron with a chronometron can re-roll one of his D6 rolls each phase. If the bearer is in a unit, this ability can be used to instead re-roll one of the unit's D6 rolls each phase.

and while it is not directly relevant :

Q. Does a Wolf Standard allow Leadership test results to be re-rolled? (p62)

A. No, as it is impossible to roll a ‘1’ on 2D6 – when making a 2D6 result you must count both dice as a single roll, not address them individually.

I could find nothing more directly related (BRB, BRB FAQ, C:N FAQ). But I think that it shows that GW considers a Ld 2D6 to be a single dice roll, just as Grey Mage's above example of Scatter Dice (2D6 + Scatter).

Pg. 2 of the BRB states:

"If you re-roll a 2D6 or 3D6 roll, you must re-roll all of the dice and not just some of them, unless the rule granting you the re-roll explicitly specifies otherwise."

Yeah, its the simple ones that get ya sometimes. I remember searching for a week for the list of unit types when someone once tried to tell me that a jetbike was different than a bike in all respects, just shared some rules....

Archived