FC's Dark Angels

FinylCut

Lovely to see the Ravenwing group shots, they look very spiffing indeed! :)

Thanks, facmanpob. I've been meaning to take some higher quality shots of the army, but there's always one more mini in progress so I procrastinate.

To prevent November procrastination, I'm vowing a third land speeder for the Ravenwing:

gallery_14025_7409_49577.jpg

I'm excited to see how the newer land speeder cut is compared to the older ones I've put together previously.

FC

Brothers:

Here's a quick update on November's vow:

gallery_14025_7409_68304.jpg

Someone call the Golden Throne hotline and tell them I need some warmer weather for priming!

This was my first experience with the newer cut of the land speeder model. The cast was far more accurate than my older versions. This made cleaning so much easier. It still required some green stuff in spots, but nothing drastic. All weapon mounts are magnetized. I've never painted a heavy flamer before, so I selected it for the pilot controlled mount. Maybe the new codex will allow Ravenwing speeders three weapons each. ;)

FC

• 2 weeks later...

Stobz: Thanks, brother. I made an effort to use some of the large amounts of 'bling' with which the Ravenwing boxed set comes. The angel was the most enjoyable part to paint.

facmanpob: Thanks for noticing the line highlights. It's my least favorite step, but I am trying to take my time to make them as sharp as possible.

Arkley: Thanks, brother. This speeder is the newer version all by its lonesome, not the older style which, to my knowledge, still comes in all Ravenwing Battleforce boxes. I'd be more excited to purchase my next Battleforce if it were part of the deal; however, December's vow will bring to a close my first two... And I am far from finished!

FC

• 2 years later...

Greetings, Brothers:

I took a full army photo while waiting for an oil wash to dry...

gallery_14025_7409_30361.jpg

... reviving a two and a half year old thread in the process.

It's nice to be modeling and painting again after an exceptionally long break. Lots more terminator reinforcements en route.

FC

Nice, FinylCut, and welcome back in such style! Clearly you have been out on the Hunt for a long time. Perchance you bring word of a Fallen back to the Rock with you?

Looking forward to the Deathwing Assault! :D

• 3 months later...

Greetings, brothers:

I wanted to share some progress on a terminator librarian which, upon completion, will allow me to field a minimum sized Deathwing Strike Force.

Here he is:

gallery_14025_7409_224162.jpg

There's plenty of work to be done, but it's far enough along to see the finish line.

Thanks.

Greetings, brothers:

Thanks for the kind words, Bryan Blaire, Solrac, Brother Stobz and Attias.

I was contemplating not painting some details on the rear of this guy. Somehow, I changed course 180 degrees, and decided to add NMM to my toolbox. Here are the results:

gallery_14025_7409_77933.jpg

I believe I can improve on this technique up front. My motivation is currently high.

Thanks.

Greetings, brothers:

Thanks for the polite comments, Brother Stobz, Greenz, and JJD.

Shame he is Blue tongue.png

I had the same thought after taking the photo. While it's a shame he's blue, it's a bonus he's done - minus a final matte varnish coat:

gallery_14025_7409_123894.jpg

I'll get a couple photos of the Deathwing Strike Force later today.

Next up: Sammael!

Thanks.

FC

Archived