Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Neurode Crusade

neurode black templars wip

• Please log in to reply
1008 replies to this topic

Hawklynn

Hawklynn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 242 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

I am doing somewhat of the same thing now, although I am still in the very early stages of it. I used the example crusade layout from the wiki to begin organizing my army. It has made things on this end simpler, however, it is all on paper (.doc file actually) right now and I need to go and actually separate them out into their companies. I have banners for companies and individual squads made up digitally. Just need to get the last (and there are a lot of them) of the infantry models and get them painted.

• Brother Cristopher likes this

Black Templars: 1-1-0 

"So stuff like the Power Axe on the Sword Brother being overcosted and inefficient just isn't relevant to me!
What matters is that it's an angry Space Knight wielding a Big F*ing Axe!" - HighMarshalAmp

"They killed Fritz!"

ETL_Medal_06.gif

ETL_VI_Banner_02_Oathbraker_.jpg

Brother Cristopher

Brother Cristopher

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,724 posts

I'll hold you to that! We need to see what you've come up with. And soon!

Wow, I'm surprised to see that this thread now has over 1000 posts! Thank you all for all the visits, posts and motivation!

A pity that Photobucked did what they did, though, since they've ruined some of the posts here.

And here's for my next project. I've finally got myself to paint my kitbashed apothecary and finally got around to finish assembling the standard bearer.

wXIHKD7.jpg

The apothecary has some apothecary bits as well as black templar bits.

Regarding the standard bearer, I must say, I'm quite happy with the result, maybe with the exception of the right shoulder pad; the chains I've added don't look as good as I had imagined. Also, the right wrist is a bit awkward, despite my professional TM attempt to mask the gap with green stuff. Well, it seems

Finally, there's the OOP Castellan/Power axe guy who, in my book, is a classic miniature due to his presence in Codex: Black Templars.

Edited by Brother Cristopher, 26 June 2018 - 02:36 PM.

Brother Adelard

Brother Adelard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 528 posts
I have that OOP metal captain. I always find it strange that he is considered as a BT specific model when he has no BT iconography whatsoever? Seems to put everyone else off playing him though, which is cool.

gallery_38474_6916_6036.jpg

Brother Cristopher

Brother Cristopher

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,724 posts

It must be his full tabard, I suppose. Or the fact that the models is most famous for being in our Codex. Not that I'm an expert, but I personally don't recall seeing him anywhere else (but I got into the hobby in 5th and am not that familiar with older publications). Still, he's a great model - the sculpt shows its age and he is shorter than most newer marines (Primaris notwithstanding), but I'm still sort of proud to have this captain (as well as some other pewter models from that time) in my collection.

Brother Cristopher

Brother Cristopher

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,724 posts

I'm happy to report that there's progress on the three Marines. I'd say that they're 70% painted. However, I want to share the freehand part of the Black Templars standard I did.

Space Marine Banner, personal banner of Marshal Arthur:

wL98WHO.jpg

As usual in these situations, a photo makes the work look like an eight-year-old's drawing, but I'd lie if I said I'm not pleased with the result. From a normal perspective, it looks decent and is mostly to my liking. I'll maybe tweak a thing here and there, but I need to get a new brush first since my current "workhorse" doesn't hold the tip as well as it used to. What do you think about the banner?

• Reinhard, Marshal Wolfhart, robofish7591 and 4 others like this

Hawklynn

Hawklynn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 242 posts

That is some amazing work. I think I need this for my "inspiration" folder. 

Black Templars: 1-1-0 

"So stuff like the Power Axe on the Sword Brother being overcosted and inefficient just isn't relevant to me!
What matters is that it's an angry Space Knight wielding a Big F*ing Axe!" - HighMarshalAmp

"They killed Fritz!"

ETL_Medal_06.gif

ETL_VI_Banner_02_Oathbraker_.jpg

Marshal Wolfhart

Marshal Wolfhart

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 411 posts

That is wonderful!

No Pity.

No Remorse.

No Fear.

Spoiler

ETL VI Banner 02 Oathbraker

falcongek

falcongek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars, Steel legion

Nice models.

The banner is striking.

SWORD BROTHER RYAN

SWORD BROTHER RYAN

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 320 posts
  • Faction: BLACK TEMPLARS

As always, impressive. I'll need to take this inspiration and (maybe) finish my own as well!

SUFFER NOT THE UNCLEAN TO LIVE!

UPHOLD THE HONOR OF THE EMPEROR!

ABHOR THE WITCH, DESTROY THE WITCH​!

ACCEPT ANY CHALLENGE, ​NO MATTER THE ODDS​!

bRbhJY6.gifgallery_38474_6916_3702.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: neurode, black templars, wip

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)