Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

6th Edition and Power weapons

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

ChessMaster

ChessMaster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 55 posts
Hi all.

It says in the rulebook, that if you can take a "power weapon" as wargear, w/o any more specifications, then, you should look at the model and decide if it is:

A power sword
A power Axe
A power maul
A lance

each with different AP and rules.

Now, I know there is not a Templar alive that would deny that the Black Sword is a... sword ;). Also, it is included in the FAQ that Chaplains Crozius is a maul.

But what about the other power weapons? Can we say that the power weapons of the bike squadrons are lances? And can we claim that our Techmarines have Power axes? (They look like axes to me). Could we do the same in any case we could convert our models to look accordingly?

He starts with two fists, weapons that are powered by faith and hate, they never break or tire for it is the emperor's work that theyre doing, they are S-User AP- and that is all a Templar will ever need when crusading in his glorious name but if you dont have enough faith and/or hate then you'll need to grab something from the armoury..

dswanick

dswanick

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,188 posts
  • Chapter Name: Legio XI

Now, I know there is not a Templar alive that would deny that the Black Sword is a... sword :).

Also, it's a Power Weapon with its own special rules (S+2), so it doesn't use the "Power Weapons are what they look like" rules.

Can we say that the power weapons of the bike squadrons are lances?

If they look like lances - sure.

And can we claim that our Techmarines have Power axes? (They look like axes to me).

If it looks like an axe, and isn't specified anywhere as being a Thunderhammer, sure.

Could we do the same in any case we could convert our models to look accordingly?

Sure, so long as the model is armed with "a Power Weapon", you can convert your minis any way you want and claim the benefit based on the apparent sub-type of Power Weapon with the appropriate benefits. Just remember, if any model is armed with a "Power Weapon" which also has special rules - these override the generic Power Weapons visible sub-type rules and goes to the "Special Power Weapon are AP3 plus it's listed Special Rules" rule.
QUOTE (Loki-LaughingDeath @ Feb 11 2011, 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love Tau in CC, it's like clubbing baby seals, only tau are neither cute nor fluffy or protected by the Maritime Mammal Act..... so it's perfectly legal and the Sierra Club ASPCA nuts won't come looking for you!

QUOTE (-Max- @ Aug 1 2011, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For the regular Guardsman you've got Commissars holding guns to their backs. They're faithful in their own way, sometimes mightily so, but they are regular folks who've led regular lives, with the completely understandable desire to continue living that causes them to duck when they get shot at. Sisters are orphans raised in perpetual Sunday school, fanatical to the point that they look at Repentia and feel a twinge of jealousy that those girls will see the Emperor sooner than they will.

Acebaur

Acebaur

++ VENATORIS MALUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,229 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars
+1 to what dswanick said

"There can be no meeting of minds and no understanding with such beings as exist in the dark places of the galaxy.There is simply a choice: defeat them, or be defeated by them. And Defeat them we will"
- Chaplain Emmerich

++++ The Jericho Crusade ++++

ETL_2014_Banner_V2_03B_Custos_Fidei.jpg CrusadeExpansionIXCompletion_zps4f00cd3fCrusadeExpansionVMedallion_zps88e43d63.j CrusadeExpansionVIIMedallion_zpsfda1ee3b

"A Templar Knight is truly a fearless knight and secure on every side, for his soul is protected by the armor of faith just as his body is protected by armor of steel. He is thus doubly armed and need fear neither daemons nor men."

- St. Bernard of Clairvaux 

ArcticFox

ArcticFox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 218 posts
I'm sure that's what they intended. It isn't only Black Templars that will have this come up, and I don't doubt that's why a power axe and a power sword, while different, would cost about the same points if they were listed separately in the codex.

I don't have my Codex with me, but doesn't it say somewhere that the Black Sword isn't necessarily a sword per se?

Arthanor

Arthanor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,240 posts
It really does not matter how you model it. It is a +2S power weapon. Therefore it keeps its rules (+2S, strikes at initiative) and gains ap3 from the "unusual power weapons" rule.

Marshal of the Laurentia Crusade - Recruitment (WIP)         My DIY: The Radiant Light
Want to know what to expect of your dice? Join us in Arthanor's Mathhammer corner!

gallery_45662_7420_40448.jpg
Life is the Emperor's currency, spend it well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users