A reckless disregard for the Codex Astartes...

The Yak

Scouts remind me of the movie "Heat" when they rob the armoured car. I totally wanna steal err borrow this idea for my own scouts modeling the heads where long hair and such is coming out the back. Glad to see your back and these look awesome.

Ignoring the heresies of using scavenged xeno tech to bemask your scouts I do feel compelled to speak on the behalf of proper astartes. Firstly Space Marines do not fight in wars of attrition and have no need of camolage as thier presence becomes painfully clear when thier drop pods and thunderhawks come screaming from the sky slamming down into the middle of the battle field usually preceded by a rather nasty orbital bombardment. Secondly it's impossible to properly camoflage a giant hulking brute in clanking armor that vents heat like a furnace. Astartes use subterfuge for this reason and relegate the cowardly use of camoflage to thier less encumbered future battle brothers.

Sicarius is a massive douche but his armor and especially his back banner wich I whole heartedly aprove of say " Here I am. I'm awesome. Now what the f**k are you gonna do about it? ". Wear your colors proud and raise your flags high let the enemy know who it is they face cause green armour can't hide the fact that your LZ is about a 100 feet from the enemys headquarters/vital supply line/anywhere thier defences are weakest nor will it ever hide the giant vents on your back or the sound and 800 or so pound metal man makes even when he tries to tip toe.

@ Captain Semper: Cheers Captain. I loved your Consecrators too. What's next on your hobby table? I will paint these guys up pretty soon.

@ deathspectresgt7: Thanks Sergeant. I love that pose I think he will be the next guy I paint up.

@ Aquilanus: Cheers mate. Hopefully there will be some more Raptor School soon (once I have stopped being lazy and painted up a sqaud).

@ HellChyld: Steal borrow away my friend this is what its all about. I still don't know exactly what to do with my scouts. I am going to leave them for a bit until I have got a few more power armoured chaps done.

@ Sniperhavens: They are from the Dark Eladar Scourges set. I got a good deal on e bay for the heads when the kit first came out. Cheers Bro.

@ OttoVonAwesome: Bravo, Bravo that man. This guys priceless. You are a true Student of the Codex Astartes, I applaud you sir!

Great to see you back Yak, love the poses on the first two guys especially the advancing guy. Bits for my Sternguard builds arrived today apparently so as soon as I get home you will have some support from the Phantoms. ;)

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Scout Chancho cursed under his breath and not for the first time that night. He stood on watch duty outside the ramshackle bunker the Ork's had until recently thought safe. A flash of a smile appeared on the scouts face as he remembered how they had robbed them of that beastly little fantasy. No, not they him. It was Scout Chancho who had done all the killing. He was good at that, for sure. Rull. Rull the bastard, Rull the bloody fantastic. Shadow Sergeant Rull had chastised him for bursting in with his bolter blazing. Rull. Rull the wonderfull, Rull the Emperors arse, Rull the who does he think he is. Chancho exhaled and found himself wishing he had been chosen to join another bloody chapter. All this sneaking about well.... well he just wasn't any good at it. Killing now that was something he excelled at enjoyed even. He stopped when he realised how heretical his thoughts were. No. It wasn't that. He knew deep down that his problem, as it had always been, was that he didn't think enough. Rull was the best scout, ghostlike and silent; however Chancho knew that it was Rull's intelligence that had got him noticed and marked him out as one to lead. Chancho realised that what made him dislike Rull so much was his brilliance and that when compared to Rull Chancho felt inferior...

Chancho's grim moment of self reflection was brought to a sudden end when a long blade of dulled steel was placed against his throat.

"Day dreaming is for deadmen... Pigboy"

Chancho was roughly spun round and landed on his knees. Looking up he saw an armoured giant in the dull olive green of the Raptors, standing over him. Chanchos eyes were immediately drawn to the blacked out pauldron on the marines right shoulder.

"One of the 'few'...." He mumbled and instantly felt embarrassed for speaking it out loud

"Yes indeed and with the future of the company in the hands of fools like you, were in danger of being named the 'last'

"Viraz, enough."

The new voice belonged to a figure Chancho recognised, Sergeant Jaego of second squad.

"If he cant hear the approach of a marine in full battle plate Jaego then what chances does he have if they send one of their slitters? We should put him out of his misery now and save them the hassle"

"So I'll report to the Captain your intent to ruin his plans of seeing the 5th back to full strength?"

"If this is what the future of the 5th has in store the Captain would thank me for it."

"Oh leave it Viraz." A new voice now. "The Captain didn't thank you at Mirkansous though did he when you nearly got us all killed?"

"That was different though Ral...."

The new comer offered his hand to Chancho, who had been on his knees the whole time with a conflicting expression of awe and humiliation pasted upon his flat face.

"Ignore Brother Viraz, he is just jealous because you have managed the phenomanal feat of being even uglier than him." Chancho's facial muscles ran out of ideas as he tried to fathom this unexpected warmth followed by another crushing insult. He declined the proffered hand and rose to his feet on his own accord

"Enough sport Brothers." Said Jaego "Lets see why Scout sergeant Rull has disobeyed his orders shall we. Viraz you never know you may get that opportunity to execute an idiot after all."

Brother Sergeant Jaego

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g473/Adavers/002_zps5d07e583.jpg

Brother Viraz

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g473/Adavers/003_zps385a5d02.jpg

Chancho led the members of second squad into the bunker. The rotten stench of excrement mixed with the now decaying corpses of the orks was enough to make him take a step backwards, which was rewarded with a derisive chuckle from Viraz. The Scout realised that the Ork bodies were not the only ones present in the bunker. Human remains were to be seen mixed in with the Ork dead. For a brief moment Chancho felt a tidal wave of anxiety sieze his body, thinking he had killed the guardsmen but this subsided when he realised the poor troopers had been dead for far longer than the Orks. Chancho looked at the the remains of a disembowelled trooper and followed the dark smears to a partition, where the writing "Deff Ead" had been carved in the wall with a mixture of blood guts and brute strength.

"Rull. What is the meaning of this. You were told to destroy each of the enemy fortifications you came across why have you double vox tapped for support. Are you unable to carry out your duty Scout?

Chancho felt guilty pleasure in seeing Rull spoken to in such a barbed tone by one of the legendary survivors of Badab. He was relishing seeing marvellous Rull subjected to a verbal beating like he had suffered. He was to be sorley disappointed.

"Sergeant Jaego" Said Rull in a steady un-fazed tone, looking the sergeant in the eye. "This bunker is not like the others. its got one of these...."

Rull kicked away the flea ridden rags covering the floor to the left had side of the bunker, revealing a rusted iron covering. Lifting the metal aside Rull crouched over an entrance to a sewer network.

"A way in." proclaimed Viraz. "Why not just vox this information Scout Sergeant?" Chancho's shoulders slumped realising that Viraz was honouring Rull with his full title.

"We dont know who will be listening on the vox" said Rull

Another marine chipped in "Now I like this guy, he's good"

"Come on Borea, They're beasts, they fight like daemons I'll give them that but to credit them with being able to think like.. us. Its folly."

"No Viz. Its folly to assume they cant think like us. Do you not remember the reports from our cousins after the Targus Incident? Captain Shrike was adamant that they had adopted underhand tactics that even Zios here would be proud of. Emperors teeth Viz you were never good at reading your damn battle lore"

Viraz made a gesture with his combat blade that was both a rebuff of what he thought of Borea's comment and a demonstration of the way he carried out his own wars.

The marine referred to as Zios turned to Chancho and said "Just think Porkchild, if you carry on the way you are, you may one day be just as thick as Viraz here, that would take a serious amount of effort though."

Once more Chancho winced at the insult. His name back on (Deleted by Raptors Command) had been that of an honoured tribe. Yet when translated into High Gothic his honoured name was 'pig'. It was bad enough back in 10th company training but he had made up for it by being the hardest, toughest piece of work in the intake. The fellow members of 10th had soon learnt to stop taking the piss. Yet since their attachment to 5th company to work under Captain Chrysaetos, Chancho had been ridiculed on almost a daily basis.

Brother Borea

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g473/Adavers/001_zps870a4e59.jpg

Brother Zios

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g473/Adavers/004_zps21267b5e.jpg

"Good work Rull" Sergeant Jaego remarked as he made an adjustment on the back of his right gauntlet.

"Us scouts should go and see were it leads" Choncho stated.

"I find myself in total agreement with Ribkid, be getting on with it"

"Are you giving the orders now Brother Viraz? We wait for Monthas. He will want to see this. Raldaen take scout Choncho

outside and show him how to take watch."

Choncho seized on the first scrap of respect he was shown, the sergeant at least used his real name.

"Yes sir, I will not be found wanting again"

Sergeant Jaego turned to regard the young scout.

"Just make sure you don't make a ham-fisted effort this time"

Choncho left the bunker to the the sounds of raucous laughter and half heard something about leaving with his tail between his legs.....

Brother Raldaen

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g473/Adavers/005_zps915155c1.jpg

Choncho found himself looking at the black auto reactive plate similar to the one he had first seen at the start of his ordeal and wondered what Badab must have been like.

"Are you watching me or watching for Orks? Sausage head" Raldaen didn't move his head and Choncho was surprised the marine new he was looking at him. Even so he plucked up the courage to ask.

"Why do you paint your right pouldrons black since Badab. Do we Raptors not forgo marks of honour?"

As quick as the words had left his mouth Choncho was lifted off his feet and slammed against the bunker wall.

"Do not speak to me of honour. Do not speak like you are a Raptor as you are not and certainly never speak to me of Badab. This is no honour marking. This is a mark of grievance, a mark of shame. A mark of respect for our fallen brothers, brothers that oafs like you are sent to replace. You know nothing of Badab and you never will and you can count your lucky pig forsaken stars that you don't boy. I will tell you one thing about it, just one thing.... Badab was Hell"

After the heavy loses suffered during the Badab wars Captain Chrysaetos was left with but 31 (and a half) full battle brothers. Many had earned veteran status but rather than transferring them to the 1st company and rebuilding 5th company anew, Lias Issodon granted Chrysaetos his wish of keeping 'the few' together. Boosting their numbers with members of the tenth company that had recently earned the right to become full battle Brothers. The captain had stressed that the experience of the Badab war veterans fighting alongside the newly blooded would keep 5th company as a small but still viable battle formation.

Alongside the Howling Griffons and Novamarines the Raptors were redeployed to deal with the mass Ork infestations threatening the Segmentum Solar. Whilst Issodon willed that 5th company should have time to rest and recuperate; Chrysaetos argued that after the bitter fighting and difficulties his warriors had in facing fellow Astartes, a good clean war was what his company needed. A war against the Orks would be what he called the 'Anvil' to reforge his broken company.

Always a maverick in a chapter of nonconformists, Chrysaetos organised his company as he saw fit, distributing the best weapons available to his beloved 'few' to enable them to carry out more versatile battlefield roles. The new recruits served as devastators led by experienced remaining members of the 5th to account for the loss of his heavy vehicles. Having excelled these newer members would then go on to fight in heavily armed land speeder squadrons. 10th Company Chaplain Egrim Kalistor (The Shadowmaker) brought a large contingent of shadows (scouts) to assist Chrysaetos and learn how 5th company fought, declaring "Your future is yours to command". Chrysaetos knew that now more than ever he would have to rely on the synergy of his available resources to ensure his warriors were more than the some of their parts.

When questioned by Issodon what he would do if faced with the prospect of a heavy siege Chrysaetos simply replied "The same as you Lias, the same as you....

Raptors 5th Company 909.M41     Current Operational Status: 68%

Squad I: Badab War Veterans, 10 Battle Brothers, Veteran Sergeant Maodes Karib

Squad II: Badab War Veterans, 5 Battle Brothers, Veteran Sergeant Fulvus Jaego

Squad III: Tactical Squad, 10, Battle Brothers, Sergeant Dorvin Falyon (Newly promoted)

Squad IV: Tactical Squad, 10 Battle Brothers, Veteran Sergeant Hytus Mordeas

Squad V: Tactical/Recon Squad, 5 Battle Brothers, Veteran Sergeant Nisus Bubo

Squad VI: Awaiting Company Progression

Squad VII: Badab War Veterans, 5 Battle Brothers, Veteran Sergeant Andar Strix

Squad VIII: Currently deployed as 2 land speeders squadrons

Squad IX: Devastator Squad, 5 Battle Brothers, Company Marksman Nathaniel Aggamon

Squad X: Devastator Squad, 10 Battle Brothers, Veteran Sergeant Gorwin Aluco

7th Squad Raptors 5th Company. "The Vultures"

Equipped with storm shields and a variety of lethal close combat weapons, the brothers of 7th squad represent the most brutal and reckless warriors in the 5th company. Led by the notoriously violent Andar Strix, The Vultures have a dour reputation amongst the newer members of the company. Often eschewing the comradeship of any but fellow Badab war veterans the members of 7th squad stand apart from the main battle-force in times of rest as-well as on the battlefield. Captain Chrysaetos allows them a vast amount of freedom as he knows Strix can read a battle as good if not better than himself. Knowing when an opportunity arises for a swift decisive charge against an enemy's weak point, the 7th would have already seen it and be circling, ready to swoop down on an enemy that is already dead yet has not realised it yet....

Brother Rilus

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g473/Adavers/007_zpsbb819bb2.jpghttp://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g473/Adavers/008_zpscfd864e4.jpg

A consummate swordsman, Brother Rilus is one of the youngest of the Badab war veterans. Having been promoted from a devastator squad at the onset of the war, Rilus is one of the few who enjoyed testing his ability against fellow space marines. Unlike the older members of the company who had fought alongside some of the secessionists in the past, Rilus saw the Badab war in shades of black and white as opposed to the murky grey that it really was. Rilus armour like most of 'the few' is an amalgamation of various armour marks.

Brother Josan

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g473/Adavers/009_zps64817bd6.jpghttp://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g473/Adavers/010_zps237db234.jpg

Brother Josan had served the chapter for 60 years before the Badab war. Serving in 1st squad as a highly experienced tactical marine he played his part in the most punishing theatres of war. Gargathea saw him given command of a combat squad tasked with the destruction of an ammunition stockpile. Whilst the raid was successful and the target obliterated, a faulty detonator that had been damaged as Josan had submerged himself in one of the corrosive swamps had caused the death of three of his fellow squad members. Distraught and blaming himself for the death of his comrades Josan was changed forever. This once thoughtful and wise warrior became known for rash charges and increasing savageness. After the restructuring of the company Josan was assigned to the Vultures due to his increasingly reckless temperament. Brother Josan bears 3 skulls on his Blacked out shoulder pad. Whilst many of 'The Few' decorate their right shoulder pads with skulls to honour their fallen brothers, in Josan's case they represent the brothers killed at his own hand.

Brother Mass

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g473/Adavers/013_zps6a6c332a.jpghttp://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g473/Adavers/014_zps503cc4d0.jpg

Info on Brother mass to follow tomorow...........

Brother Kaleb

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g473/Adavers/015_zps47c357df.jpghttp://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g473/Adavers/016_zps7d10e415.jpg

Info on how Kaleb came to have those new legs to follow (it involves a mantis warrior)......

Veteran Sergeant Andar Strix

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g473/Adavers/011_zpsb1a4a172.jpghttp://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g473/Adavers/012_zpsa39930af.jpg

Info on how this guy went from potential captain to lunatic to follow......

Kaemon and Loreaz "The Immortals"

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g473/Adavers/017_zpsa5c9b638.jpghttp://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g473/Adavers/006_zpsdc03ab11.jpg

Info to follow im tired........

Next up squad IV and some vehicles

Nice to see you back painting Yak, these dudes are great! Nice use of bitz and painted to a high standard. I like :cool.: Excellent fluff also esp. the Vultures, looking forward to the rest.

What else have you got cooking?

Archived