The Exeter Crusade (Foulest Heresy!) 1MAR2016

Krikey

Nice work (and choice) on the additions to the Ram, nothing too over the top. I have been wondering what to do to it myself, think I might grab myself a set of the brass and do something similar.

Cheers

Dono

Your painting and modeling is so far out of reach of my skill level I feel stupid just saying it looks good because My knowledge of painting isn't enough to truly understand what you have done.

I' sure as hell won't be posting anymore pics of my cruddy looking models

Well, guess my Templars will be remaining in their case for a few more weeks until I can muster up the courage to look at their (comparatively) shoddy paint job. At several thousand points, however, I just can't bring myself to start over...

Great work all around. I really do plan to add painting detail to ALL my models thanks to your (and others on this board) inspiration. Keep it up!

Here are some more pics of the techmarine in progress. I still need to do something where the fork meets the front wheel, but I have something in mind. He also still needs feet.

gallery_60019_7476_133338.jpg

gallery_60019_7476_1008394.jpg

gallery_60019_7476_357162.jpg

And here is my command squad with a chaplain and Helbrecht (though it's not necessarily Helbrecht's command squad). The plasma cannons are magnetized and are exchangeable with the multi-meltas.

gallery_60019_7476_24889.jpg

gallery_60019_7476_86320.jpg

gallery_60019_7476_201841.jpg

gallery_60019_7476_41121.jpg

gallery_60019_7476_310787.jpg

~K

Looking good krikey! Quick question though, what happened to the original view slit metal piece on the tech marine biker?

I've still got it. The interior riveted edge matches pretty well with the riveted edge of the BT dreadnought plate that's currently on the bike. I'm planning on slicing off the top portion of the dread plate (everything above the bottom edge of the view slit) and joining the original plate to the top. I don't like that it's so obviously recognizeable as a sarcophagus cover, and would also like to retain as many original elements of the bike as I can.

Just stunning! How do you do your highlighting?! It looks great on that second forgeworld dread. I must know!

On the black? It's water-soluble oil paint. I did it in a crosshatchy/branching sort of pattern in an attempt to make it look like frost. I'll be doing the same on the chaplain dread and my tanks, I think.

~K

I hadn't seen one of these posted here before, so I thought I'd stick mine up. As with everything else I have, it's in a stage of partial completion. I've only started detailing the one side and haven't done any weathering effects yet at all.

gallery_60019_7476_415137.jpg

gallery_60019_7476_302120.jpg

I'm back to working on the techmarine and terminator chaplain right now. As soon as I make enough progress to justify new pics, I'll add them. I'm also working on a photo box, but we'll see if that gets done any time soon ...

~K

Caestus in progress.

The new additions to above the corners of the doors are supposed to be frag launchers.

gallery_60019_7476_533526.jpg

gallery_60019_7476_402225.jpg

It's funny how many flaws show up in photos that I didn't notice while painting. The port side extension of the hull over the thruster area really needs smoothing out!

gallery_60019_7476_149400.jpg

~K

I don't think I'm seeing what you are seeing, but I am in love.

I really have to figure out how to finagle one of these beasts. It looks like it was invented for the Templars.

Awesome-sauce.

Cheers,

Loving the assault ram. Took me a minute to find the brass etchings, but their placement is brilliant. The detail that sticks out for me most right now is the heat vents and that really gorgeous red. Cannot wait to see this beast done!

Question for you:

How hard was it getting those GK helms in there to replace the molded termie heads on the Space Hulk models? I just picked up a few of those myself and got all the BA icons off and want to do some additions like yours but I am afraid of really screwing these things up.

Question for you:

How hard was it getting those GK helms in there to replace the molded termie heads on the Space Hulk models? I just picked up a few of those myself and got all the BA icons off and want to do some additions like yours but I am afraid of really screwing these things up.

Not too bad if you have a dremel. I drilled a small hole (low speed) into anyplace on the head I could get a bite and then increased the size of the hole with larger and larger bits until I had a 1/8" hole. At that point I used a 114 cutting head (the round one) and with *low* speed rasped away the rest of the head until a nice, smooth round hole appeared (the same size as a normal termi body head cavity). I'm always making things sound more difficult than they are, and this really wasn't bad. You can do something similar with just a hand vise, but the cavity won't be as smooth.

~K

I demand your school release you from your vows so that you might continue painting!

It's too late. I've signed my soul away. If I back out now, I think my wife will kill me.

~K

absolutely top class, krikey! awesome conversions backed up by stellar paint jobs! the ram looks awesome! just out of curiosity, have you used the achilles in a game? i'm thinking of adding another pattern land raider and wanted to know how it fared. thanks for sharing, hope you get some time to paint during school. i found it hard, but a nice break from the grind.

two thumbs up sir! :cuss :D

... have you used the achilles in a game? i'm thinking of adding another pattern land raider and wanted to know how it fared. thanks for sharing, hope you get some time to paint during school. i found it hard, but a nice break from the grind.

I haven't actually played a game since a few months after sisters of battle were first released, which was maybe ten years (?) ago. I stay up on the rules, mainly because I'm slightly OCD and for some reason have to have everything within the rules. So I've no experience at all with the caestus in a game. I may try to play a game or two during med school, but I suspect every bit of free time will be spent either with my wife or painting, as I'd much rather convert and paint than play. :)

~K

Archived