Black Templar Warhound Titan

Dono1979

Hi all,

Well, the mind is working over time again and I am starting to play a lot more apoc and plan to in the future and so my thoughts have drifted back onto the possibility of getting a Warhound Titan once more. It would be painted in the scheme of the Warmongers (Legio Crucius) as they are black and white and have an ethos which would complement Black Templar perfectly.

The big question is..... which variant.

I REALLY like the Chaos Warhound but I honestly think that the work to remove all of the blatant chaos iconography would be too difficult (however I am thinking of using the Chaos arms)

There is then the Mars Pattern which is very slopey and I am not sure whether that style fits with my Iron and Crusade armour marines. But it does appear to be the favourite amongst most people.

The Lucius comes in two sub vairants and I will most likely go the Wolf if I went the Lucius. This variant is a lot more angular and I think it might work with my existing forces better.

Thoughts?

-Dono

I'd forego FW and get a crusader titan from dreamforge. comparable size to a warhound.

My favorite titan model is the old Leviathan "blockhead" Mortis, also from dreamforge. This truly is a walking cathedral. At 24" tall it is more than twice the height of a warhound, so we are talking warlord territory.

If you are committed to FW, then my own preference is the Mars pattern.

Keep us updated mate :)

Well, if you like the chaos titan the most, it seems like the Mars pattern shares a lot with it. Curved body armor, curved shin armor, similar style of shoulders, similar head. It seems like the chaos warhound is more or less a "corrupted mars pattern". Crusade and iron armor are very "edgy", but neither of the titan style really shares that edge, the Lucius pattern is more blocky (square/blunt) than edgy (sharp) to me.

The main advantage of the Lucius pattern is the shoulder mounts, if you feel like a very ornate titan. They are large flat ~horizontal surfaces and could allow you to build stuff on them. Castle/cathedral detail? Although that's more for larger titans.

My vote goes for Mars patter, closest to the chaos one which you like, and sleeker which makes sense for a scout titan.

I'd forego FW and get a crusader titan from dreamforge. comparable size to a warhound.

My favorite titan model is the old Leviathan "blockhead" Mortis, also from dreamforge. This truly is a walking cathedral. At 24" tall it is more than twice the height of a warhound, so we are talking warlord territory.

If you are committed to FW, then my own preference is the Mars pattern.

Keep us updated mate ;)

The dreadforge models are indeed pretty cool but I dont think they actually have any in stock anymore and they are all around an inch or more too short, the normal Warhound is about10.5" whilst the Leviathans are only 8.5" to the top of the shoulders (9.5" to the top of the stocks, which I dont like the look of). Also the price is still pretty up there.

Considering a Titan is such an Iconic piece of 40k fluff I will probably keep with a legit one I think.

In regards to the Chaos titan, the only reason why I think that is awesome is the corruption and battle wear on the model itself, not the actual design or shape, just the fact that it has metal corroded away. On a non chaos Titan I reckon that would represent prolonged (like a decade or more) of exposure to constant battle and their inability to really take it into a dry dock to give it a complete overhaul.

I am seriously considering getting the chaos arms no matter what, they have next to no chaos iconography on them yet still have a nice amount of corrosion.

Starting to lean towards the Lucius and try to add some bolted on armour to make it look a little more like the Mk II & III style.

-Dono

Archived