How are sisters fairing in 6th?

Full_ork

Officially... you can have the Convocation of Nephelim still occur, with secret agreements between the Adepta Sororitas, without violating the Sisters as the armed force of the Ecclesiarchy or the Ordo Hereticus using whatever forces are available for their needs (such as the Grey Knights or the Deathwatch). After all, an Ordos is really a social club among Inquisitors, and they're pretty fluid. An Inquisitor might belong to many, none, one, change associations at different points in their career, etc.

The Convocation of Nephelim is a bit of extra fluff that isn't violated by any of the current changes. It's just not really referenced now apparently.

For the record, on page 14 of the Codex: Sisters of Battle the Ordo Hereticus is mentioned, but it doesn't state anything about it's relation to the Adepta Sororitas. So again, doesn't support or violate any current or modern fluff.

Codex Imperialis mentions the Ecclesiarchy on pages 38-40, with two mentions of Inquisitors on page 39. One is a section about the mutual distrust of Inquisitors and Confessors, and the second is a mention that the Schola Progena does supply and train some would be Inquisitors and the like risen from its ranks of orphans trained by Missionaries (among other aspects of Imperial officials).

But the Convocation of the Nephilim is what cemented the relationship between the Hereticus and the Sisters . . . as their chamber militant (this is stated as recently as the Dark Heresy Inquisitor's handbook). I guess at that point the Ministorum and the Inquisition were just more closely associated . . . ? Regardless, you can still have it occur, but that changes completely what the convocation was about.

I mean, historically, the collaboration of these two organizations only makes sense, given that both the Hereticus and the Sororitas were born out of Vandire's apostasy, and both organizations were made to prevent such a thing from ever happening again. Thematically, they are similar in drive and also in an aesthetic sense . . . not sure of the reasoning behind the recent changes . . .

Unless it is all a twisted conspiracy to alienate the Sisters from other Imperial factions and make that crazy allies chart make sense :lol:

The new rulebook still has them working as close allies with the Inquistion and mentions the tasks they undertake. That's in addition to their Ecclsiarchy duties and the policing of said organization. The fact that the Sisters work hand in hand with the Witch Hunters shoudl not be a big task as their duties mesh well. Even in the 2nd edition codex they were supposed to watch the Ecclesiarchy for signs of Heresy and sedition.

The new rulebook still has them working as close allies with the Inquistion and mentions the tasks they undertake. That's in addition to their Ecclsiarchy duties and the policing of said organization. The fact that the Sisters work hand in hand with the Witch Hunters shoudl not be a big task as their duties mesh well. Even in the 2nd edition codex they were supposed to watch the Ecclesiarchy for signs of Heresy and sedition.

I just re-read the codex last week and again just now looking for any mention of the Inquisition. So far, this is what I have found:

Ecclesiarchy priests often gather a band of bodyguards to assist them in the execution of their duties (and heretics). Known as Battle Conclaves, these groups afe necessarily small, anything larger would breach the prohibition of 'men under arms' as laid down in the Decree Passive. Even so, the Inquisition covertly monitors Battle Conclaves to safeguard the spirit of the Decree Passive, if not its letter.

If you can point me to where is mentions the Adeptia Sororitas working for the Inquisition, I would appreciate it.

I think he's referring to;

ORDOS OF THE INQUISITION

... The role of the Ordo Hereticus is that of witch hunting, dealing with psykers, mutants, and traitors within the Imperium itself. As this task takes the Inquisitors amongst the ranks of Imperial institutions, the Ordo keeps close ties with the Sisters of Battle, whose zeal and particular hatred of heretics makes them firm allies to the Inquisition when humanity must be protected from itself.

Which basically says, "Yeah. You hate these guys. We're hunting them. Give us a hand?"

• 4 weeks later...

Back on Topic :P ,

My Sisters are fairing extremely well! I find 3 exorcists as usual are extremely good.

Battle conclave rocks as a counter attack unit, I sit back when i am about to get assaulted i move the sisters back while shooting and jump the conclave out wait my turn and hit them the next assault phase. It takes a bit of placement but you can usually get the conclave out minimize the amount of firepower they take and still be far enough away to hit them next turn. Not assaulting out of rhinos hurt but you just gotta play a bit better and there is minimal loss in effectiveness.

Its sad that a Aegius with quad gun is a must but really it is.

All in all though i feel this may be the best edition/sisters book to date. Yes it may not have the choice we want and it may be missing flyers and stuff. But as far as winning games and tourney play this is the best book (white dwarf) yet.

Chris

But with the new rules about Forge World being Legit for play now, Sisters have access to 3 flyers. The Avenger (which is awesome), a decent dedacated transport, and... the most rediculas flyer that can only hit ANYTHING on 6's and isn't a dedicated transport so it can't start with a group of troops loaded in it... but hey, its REALLY cheap for a flyer point wise...

There was no announcement, but it's in the front of the most recent Forge World books that thinks with the "Warhammer 40k" stamp are legit for use in standard 40k games (everything else is Apocalypse only).

The only place it's still banned is Throne of Skulls and in some close-minded stores who refuse to believe it, even when presented with overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

From the "Sisters flyer?" topic:

Um..No..

Each of the entries in the new Imperial Armour Aeronautica has a stamp on it reflecting if its only Apocolypse or Warhammer 40k.

So for the Avenger its allowed in the 40k games now. I don't need permission to use it though it does say:

Apocalypse: Units with this stamp are intended for games of Apocapypse and larger games of warhammer 40k where there is an agreement between players in advance to use super heavies and other highly powered units.

Warhammer 40k: This unit is intended to be used in standard games of warhammer 40k, within the usual limitations of Codex selection and force organisation charts. As with all our models these should be considered official, but owing to the fact they may be unknown to your opponent, its best to make sure they are happy to play a game using Forgeworld models before your start.

Warhammer 40k summary states that its legal now, but for fairness ask, but if its legal they mostly have to accept it, its more down to who knows or can afford to pay for Forgeworld units as well/

There was no announcement, but it's in the front of the most recent Forge World books that thinks with the "Warhammer 40k" stamp are legit for use in standard 40k games (everything else is Apocalypse only).

The only place it's still banned is Throne of Skulls and in some close-minded stores who refuse to believe it, even when presented with overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

It is sort of like religion.

I have a book that is the one true word of god; I know it is because it says it is the one true word of god. How could the word of god not be true? This is all well and good as long as I am around other believers. But there are a lot of religions out there with closed-minded people who do not believe my book is the one true word of god.

Just substitute "legal for 40K" in place of "one true word of god" and voila. Instant Forge World confirmation. Or any other book you care to slap it on for that matter. As long as you don't play with unbelievers, there is never a problem.

Warhammer 40k summary states that its legal now

I have heard that a few times but I have never actually seen it in the book. Does anyone know where because I am not finding anything in the summary section but the short version of the rules and tables.

From the "Sisters flyer?" topic:

Um..No..

Each of the entries in the new Imperial Armour Aeronautica has a stamp on it reflecting if its only Apocolypse or Warhammer 40k.

So for the Avenger its allowed in the 40k games now. I don't need permission to use it though it does say:

Apocalypse: Units with this stamp are intended for games of Apocapypse and larger games of warhammer 40k where there is an agreement between players in advance to use super heavies and other highly powered units.

Warhammer 40k: This unit is intended to be used in standard games of warhammer 40k, within the usual limitations of Codex selection and force organisation charts. As with all our models these should be considered official, but owing to the fact they may be unknown to your opponent, its best to make sure they are happy to play a game using Forgeworld models before your start.

Warhammer 40k summary states that its legal now, but for fairness ask, but if its legal they mostly have to accept it, its more down to who knows or can afford to pay for Forgeworld units as well/

That's what I thought, while they are made with the intent for 40k, you still need your opponets permission for them.

Forgetting the silly airplane for a bit how are people finding their rhinos?

I've only got my girls out for one game but I found that flat out more than makes up for any extra fragility. Although having shaken/stun damage apply to units which disembark is somewhat of a worry, grrr, stupid FAQ!

By and large I don't feel like walking with the majority of my army just yet...

There's a difference between 'happy to play a game using Forge World models' and 'only usable with opponent's permission'.

The "should be considered official" basically means that they should be treated like a 'top-tier'/'broken' codex.

It used to be: "Can I please use my Forge World stuff?"

Now it's: "I've got a Repressor, that OK?" In the same way you might say, "I've got my Grey Knights, you OK to face them?"

There's a difference between 'happy to play a game using Forge World models' and 'only usable with opponent's permission'.

I just don't see the difference. If they are telling you to make sure your opponet is ok with it, then that's another form of asking for permission.

Now it's: "I've got a Repressor, that OK?" In the same way you might say, "I've got my Grey Knights, you OK to face them?"

Never had anyone ask the latter. They just used their army they bought. I still dont' see how the former isn't asking for permission. If it was 100 percent legal to use, you would just use it.

Well, at least among the veteran players I know, it's polite to ask before fielding a "broken" army, or even a tournament one.

It's polite to ask permission, but not necessary. That's the difference. It's now polite to ask for permission to use Forge World, but you don't need it unless it's been specifically banned.

Well, at least among the veteran players I know, it's polite to ask before fielding a "broken" army, or even a tournament one.

It's polite to ask permission, but not necessary. That's the difference. It's now polite to ask for permission to use Forge World, but you don't need it unless it's been specifically banned.

See but a tournament list doesn't have any requirement to even ask. Same with greyknights, you just use it. This specificly says you should make sure it's ok, that's a form of asking for permission.

Saying "I'm using a repressor, is that ok?" Is asking for permission.

Otherwise you'd be saying "THis is my repressor".

Actually, it just says you may want to.

Again, that disclaimer wouldn't even be there if it was completely official.

Agree to disagree? I didn't make this thread to debate about forgeworld, I made this thread to see how the sisters book is fairing now in 6th since I am contemplating going them, and I can see we are just going to keep repeating ourselves.

Forgetting the silly airplane for a bit how are people finding their rhinos?

I've only got my girls out for one game but I found that flat out more than makes up for any extra fragility. Although having shaken/stun damage apply to units which disembark is somewhat of a worry, grrr, stupid FAQ!

By and large I don't feel like walking with the majority of my army just yet...

I am wondering the same thing here. How is the rhinos working for everyone? I know immolators are going to be trashed fast, as the domminions typically ran in them are a suicide squad.

just my 0.02 on Fw stuff, the statements made about being able to use the Fw stuff in 40k comes from forgeworld and NOT GW.

whilst they maintain you can use it in 40k, the caveat is that you may wanna ask permission first.

id say to be fair (becuase its mostly broken), that its always the case of asking first, whether you do it out of politeness or not

its easy for me to design my own units/rules and then release a statement saying these models were created for use with 40k, but you might want to get permission first.

40k was created and owned by games-workshop, FW is a seperate entity.. i hope you can see my point

Archived