+++E Tenebrae Lux - The Final Report+++

Captain Semper

FOR DORN! FOR SIGISMUND! FOR CHAOS! I have a strong start on my Dornian Heresy army. I have another five Imperial Fists in the "to be sprayed box" and without this I would still have my normal Chaos stuff (Iron Warriors Terminators, a Sorcerer, and Daemon Prince (a few Terminators and the Sorcerer were actually half done, so they were vowed at 0 points) plus 15 Night Lords, plus their Lord) sitting unpainted, partially painted badly, or painted terribly. Not only that, but my Dornian Chaos got started; the Imperial Fists, Space Wolves, Raven Guard, and Dark Angels all got a wonderful start so that I now have incentive to add more.

In the end all of this is thanks to you Captain Semper and that's why I vowed a Commissar Khârn; painted in your honor.

http://s14.postimage.org/z1jc93029/Both_Vows.jpg

Great work, Captain. The whole competition has been excellent fun and that final summation is as comprehensive as anyone could possibly have asked for, or had a right to expect. Thanks for your herculean efforts in seeing it through!

Congratulations to the Templars, too :unsure: ... we'll get you next time...

Sorry for the Picture quality... :unsure:

http://i.imgur.com/ba7wu.jpg

1. High Marshal Helbrecht

2. The Emperor’s Champion

3. A Predator Destructor
    • LasCannon sponsons

[*]Marshall in Terminator Armour

• Lightning Claw
  • Storm Shield

[*]Marshal

• power weapon
  • storm bolter
  • Iron Halo
  • Holy Orb of Antioch,

[*]Marshal

• pair of Lightning Claws
  • Iron Halo

[*]Master of Sanctity with Terminator Armour

• Thunder Hammer

[*]Master of Sanctity

• Mastercrafted Plasma Pistol
  • Terminator Honours

[*]Command Squad

• Sergeant: Power Weapon, Terminator Honours,
  • Apothecary: Power Weapon, Terminator Honours,
  • Standard Bearer: Power Weapon, Terminator Honours,
  • Company Champion: Terminator Honours,
  • Initiate: Plasma Gun, Terminator Honours,
  • Initiate: Plasma Gun, Terminator Honours;

[*]10x Sword Brethren Terminator Assault Squad

• 5 Paired Lightning Claws
  • 5 Thunder Hammer/Storm Shields
  • all with Crusader Seals

[*]5x Sword Brethren Terminator Squad

• 2x Assault Cannons
  • 2x Chainfists

[*]34x Crusaders

• 5x Neophytes
  • Power Weapon

[*]9x Assault Initiates

• 2x Plasma pistols
  • 1x Combat Shield
  • 1x Power Fist

[*]Land Raider Crusader

• Smoke Launchers

[*]Vindicator

• Dozer Blade

[*]Rhino

[*]Dreadnought

• twinlinked Lascannons
  • Dreadnought fist
  • heavy flamer

Ablum here

at some point, can someone pm me how to get the badge to show properly, as opposed to just a link!!!!

but on a different note, congratulations to the black templars for their achievement, it seems very well deserved. and most importantly:

3 CHEERS FOR CAPTAIN SEMPER HIP HIP...

Thank you Captain Semper! Not only did the ETL help draw me back into the hobby after a decade of inactivity, but it gifted me with a fully painted army to unleash upon my foes as well! This echoes my initial introduction to the 40k hobby as it was a Dark Angel who drew me to the hobby in the first place. To honor the Dark Angel's part in my initiation and reintroduction to the hobby I plan to create an allied contingent to fight beside. Led of course by a Captain, under the banner of Semper. ;)

The combined might of my total Vow's:

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg543/Mystech1/Models/P0000388.jpg

Well, I may have failed my vow but I sure did have fun. So, thanks Captain Semper! I too have to ask how to put the badge so that my Brothers can see my shame and that shame can galvanise me to perform better on my next vow.

this was my first vow or really anything other then lurking on this forum I gotta say I had a blast, I will definately partake again if if it comes up again, Well played Black Templars well done indeed very impressive.... next time I will help out more I definately got the models that need a lick o' paint, hopefully I can provide more points next time :huh: Also I need a little know how to add my fancy banner to my sig as well thanks again!!

A massive THANKYOU to Captain Semper and everyone involved for a great event.

Captain Semper, as it has already been mentioned, that was a fantastic write up.

Well done to all the participants who entered.

Personally the ETL for me was a good motivator and stoked my creative fire.

Looking forward to the next challenge!!

Yours in Honour, Faith and Blood,

Chaplain Hiltraud

[seems I too need to know how to put on the sig]

Great event, thanks for the effort and keep pushing!

Now we're all wound up and expectant of the new challange, be it ETL or LPC or whatever.

As for the Black Templar's success..congratulations.

But...feast today, for tomorrow you die :D

Thanks for all your hard work Captain Semper, your enthusiasm and hard work made a brilliant first painting competion for me, I had a blast!

And thanks to all who participated for making it such an intense competition! :D

I too want to thank the incomparable Captain Semper for providing such an inspiring opportunity to bring all the communities together in such a positive way.

I have to laugh as I nearly sat this one out and only jumped in at the end of the acceptance period. Even then, I was only thinking that I would complete one vow as I had a lot of Real Life going on, still do for that matter. -_- However, once our team started to gel, the enthusiasm was infectious. I think each of the Templars began to think and do whatever necessary to help our team. It was a wonderful experience.

Captain Semper, we will be forever grateful.

Cheers,

P.S. We still haven't forgotten about the Ophidium Gulf

snip..

P.S. We still haven't forgotten about the Ophidium Gulf

You can't forget what you never knew about, move along nice Templar, no incident here. :cuss

Semper is grateful for your thanks, now go and crusade something and make yourself useful.

s

Just wanted to quickly add my thanks Captain Semper.

I can't imagine a better way to begin my involvement with this hobby than the painting challenge you created and managed so expertly. Appreciate all the hard work mate.

and I have a banner now, yay! :)

I have to say it's an honor to be among the victors of this challenge! I know that the Endless Crusade is a path less chosen these days, but we have surely made ourselves known in this humble forum! Many congratulations to my brethren! Many thanks to Captain Semper who obviously put much time and thought into this great undertaking. As promised good Captain, my bike squad initiates each bear a small token of brotherhood and are known as The Brothers of the Unforgiven in honor of you, your hard work, and spirit of friendly competition!

http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q631/Reamon_Joseph/1341024x683.jpg

Now how do you spell this? Ophyd... Ophid.. and it's a Gulf you say? Never heard of it. ;)

As I've said before: And the Inquisition looks at us funny...

Welcome to the family. That's why you're bearing our insignia in your sig... Right?

I like to think of it as more of a trophy... and the Templar Cross is in the foreground, after all :P

I just want to personally thank Captain Semper for putting on this event and taking all the time he did to make it into something great and unforgettable. Because of this event I have now kicked my painting into high gear. Captain Semper provided the fire and my fellow Templars provided the fuel. The fuel was in the form of praise, motivation and advice. I have learned many new tricks just by looking at everyone's posted pics and asking questions. I tried my hand at OSL, blood effects and lightning effects for the first time thanks to this event and I want to personally thank everyone who commented on my work and gave me advice. I would also like to thank all the other forums for taking part in the event and helping to keep us focused by putting up such a strong fight.

gallery_62863_6991_225279.jpg

Now how do you spell this? Ophyd... Ophid.. and it's a Gulf you say? Never heard of it.

Right. Tell you what, why don't we just meet up over at the stony point or whatever you call it, and talk to that interesting chap Cypher we handed over to you. I'm

sure he could straighten out any confusion you might have about what actually took place.

Oh wait, he got away didn't he...again.

Considering how much effort you guys supposedly put into looking for this guy, you sure seem to make a habit of misplacing him. What's up with that?

I suppose the next time we run into him, we'll just have to turn him over to somebody who knows what they are doing like the Ultramarines. They seem to be

pretty competent when it comes to administrative matters.

Cheers,

Now how do you spell this? Ophyd... Ophid.. and it's a Gulf you say? Never heard of it.

Right. Tell you what, why don't we just meet up over at the stony point or whatever you call it, and talk to that interesting chap Cypher we handed over to you. I'm

sure he could straighten out any confusion you might have about what actually took place.

Oh wait, he got away didn't he...again.

Considering how much effort you guys supposedly put into looking for this guy, you sure seem to make a habit of misplacing him. What's up with that?

I suppose the next time we run into him, we'll just have to turn him over to somebody who knows what they are doing like the Ultramarines. They seem to be

pretty competent when it comes to administrative matters.

Cheers,

Ah, give them some credit, Honda. They hunt Heretics. That Cypher fellow must've been one.

Yet, they did seem to act very suspiciously when it came to bringing him in... Why not just let us purge him, hmm? :blink:

Archived